• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Debating on whether to pick up Valkyria Chronicles as I continue to be knee deep in Fire Emblem and I face the month onslaught that will begin with Astral Chain. Hmmm

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever fix Valkyria Chronicles? Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I think it was a significantly worse port than VC4. Sub HD in handheld mode and all.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I tried the free version of Morphies Law on PC, and the game seems neat. However, in the hour I played I didn't have a single 3v3 game. Every time it was 2-3 humans with the rest filled out with bots. That really hurts the vibe, especially for a game that just had a big update/release. What will it be like in a month?

I don't understand their monetization plan as the PC version seems completely free as long as you can handle the fart sounding sound affects. There's loot boxes and such, but no micro transactions. Such an odd game. I'm still tempted to grab it because it was fun, but... yeah.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Debating on whether to pick up Valkyria Chronicles as I continue to be knee deep in Fire Emblem and I face the month onslaught that will begin with Astral Chain. Hmmm

I'm also knee deep in Fire Emblem (25 hours in). Astral Chain is also my next game. I'm in U.K. and managed to pick up Starlink for £10. That's how much retailers are selling it for here, physical starter pack with the toys. Anyway, I've not even booted it up yet.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I never liked Doom II as much as original Doom. I didn't enjoy the more "complex" level design. There's so many switches to press that activate new areas, and keycards to get, through a lot of the levels. Also the level design featured taller, more multi-storied levels.

The simplicity and openness of original Doom's levels gave the ability for more enjoyable shoot outs.

I bought Doom II on the eShop but I can't really see myself playing through it.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Definitely not gonna be a shadow drop. also not sure what about that tweet implies that. they're actively working on updating their PC version all the time.

then, like I said, I'm not sure what patches would change. The game is what it is.

Well, all of this:

Change-list:
  • added over 60 rooms for more path variation (new games only)
  • added new background graphics to all areas
  • revised rooms and improved styling
  • added new items Throwing Sword, Summon Scroll, and Luck Scroll (new games only)
  • added alternate chiptune soundtrack
and numerous balance updates, small improvements/polish, fixes, etc

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I never liked Doom II as much as original Doom. I didn't enjoy the more "complex" level design. There's so many switches to press that activate new areas, and keycards to get, through a lot of the levels. Also the level design featured taller, more multi-storied levels.

The simplicity and openness of original Doom's levels gave the ability for more enjoyable shoot outs.

I bought Doom II on the eShop but I can't really see myself playing through it.
I only ever played Doom I but from all what I saw, Doom II feels to me like an Expansion pack where modders tried to go nuts with the map design. While the levels in the first game seemed "tangible", some levels in the second one like The Chasm (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUDF2K2TvjI) looks like fanmade levels that tried to play with the engine.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I know the end of the month is packed, but is anyone here excited about Decay of Logos? Release date was announced earlier this month for 29 August (for Switch), and the price was recently revealed as 19.99 on all platforms, Switch included. The game looks great, and combat borrows heavily from Souls-like games, with visuals that take inspiration from Studio Ghibli, and (coincidentally, according to the devs) Breath of the Wild. I was pleasantly surprised by the asking price, and will be jumping in on day one.

Resetera Thread here with release trailer, etc. Kinda shocked it's not getting more traction.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I know the end of the month is packed, but is anyone here excited about Decay of Logos? Release date was announced earlier this month for 29 August (for Switch), and the price was recently revealed as 19.99 on all platforms, Switch included. The game looks great, and combat borrows heavily from Souls-like games, with visuals that take inspiration from Studio Ghibli, and (coincidentally, according to the devs) Breath of the Wild. I was pleasantly surprised by the asking price, and will be jumping in on day one.

Resetera Thread here with release trailer, etc. Kinda shocked it's not getting more traction.
The AMA went out of its way to clarify that the BotW talk came from the press, not from them as the game is much more Souls inspired (but more accessible than those!) than BotW. It's annoying how superficial press can be in reporting stuff like this.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

I've been sold on this game since the first reveal. Actually, I may postpone Astral Chain for that one.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
The AMA went out of its way to clarify that the BotW talk came from the press, not from them as the game is much more Souls inspired (but more accessible than those!) than BotW. It's annoying how superficial press can be in reporting stuff like this.
Just to clarify my own position, I take the developers at their word that this is coincidental, but looking at the trailer, you can absolutely see why people have drawn comparisons. I have no qualms with it, whatever inspired the game; I am also extremely interested in Genshin Impact, aka, Breath of the Waifu, so things like this do not bother me in the least. I love the souls games, and I love BotW, so I am happy for more games to take inspiration from them.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Oooh, this looks like my kind of game! Thanks!

Something about it reminds me of a game I really love: Divinity 2 (I mean the "old" Divinity 2, Ego Draconis, not Original Sin). Maybe it's that "euro touch".

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Has anyone bought Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark?
I own and adore it on PC but if it's solid performance on Switch I'll double dip to have it on the go. Any performance impressions appreciated!

Off topic: I just played Shakedown: Hawaii for the first time after buying it at launch. I remember it getting mixed impressions but I had a freaking blast with it lol. The whole concept of taking over businesses and running the island is fun, and just running around causing mayhem makes me smile. Unless it nosedives, I love it and can't wait to play more.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
Fell Seal looks really good - I'm going to wishlist it and wait to see impressions of the Switch performance. Tactics V also intrigues me but I am waiting to hear more on that one as well.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
Commandos Remaster was announced at E3.

[/QUOTE]

Oops… didn't know about that. In any case… YESSSSSSS! XD

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Sold!

106th title on Switch. I need a bigger memory card.

See, I was only off by 50 cents!
Really makes me wish Shadow Tactics was on Switch. Like, I want to play that game and think it would be awesome on the Switch.
Ugh, tearing up old wounds. I got it from an old Twitch Prime sub but I'd also much rather play this on Switch. :(

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Really makes me wish Shadow Tactics was on Switch. Like, I want to play that game and think it would be awesome on the Switch.
See, I was only off by 50 cents!

Ugh, tearing up old wounds. I got it from an old Twitch Prime sub but I'd also much rather play this on Switch. :(
I would be there, literally day 0. I loved what I played of this on PC, but I really have no time for sitting at a PC playing games these days.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

we live in a time when there are like 10 times as many games as there used to be, not to mention all the other shit in our lives compared to 20 years ago (your netflixes and whatnot), im not going to waste what little time I already have replaying games, much less replaying mediocre games just because they made them a little better.

Oct 29, 2017
we live in a time when there are like 10 times as many games as there used to be, not to mention all the other shit in our lives compared to 20 years ago (your netflixes and whatnot), im not going to waste what little time I already have replaying games, much less replaying mediocre games just because they made them a little better.

I've never been someone who looks at replayability of a game. There's so many good games out there, and the likes of Netflix as you say, that once I finish with a game then I move on and that's that.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I've never been someone who looks at replayability of a game. There's so many good games out there, and the likes of Netflix as you say, that once I finish with a game then I move on and that's that.

thats what I said :P hence a dev fixing or adding stuff after I played it, I mean good for people that buy it later, but I already played it so /shrug

anyway, finished Turok and really really liked it, a hell of a lot more than I expected tbh. Excited to play the sequel since it's supposed to be much better.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finished VA-11 HALL-A today. Awesome game. Probably going to play Death Mark next.

Looking forward to game news on Monday. Whatever Indy titles Nintendo spotlights, as well as Rockfish announcing the sequel to Everspace. Seems like they're getting rid of the roguelike elements. Yessssssss.

twdnewh

Oct 31, 2018
Sydney, Australia
I need to change my account region. But before that I need to spend my current balance.

Any suggestions on how to spend $6? Im thinking maybe Doom 2 but not sure. DLC is also an option.

Thanks