• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was gonna pick up Super Hot until I read that the campaign can ben beaten in 3 hours.

$25 for a 3 hour campaign and some challenges is way too steep for me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Serial Cleaner for 1.50€ (90% off!) is a pretty tempting double dip as I never played on PC and it looks like a game I would much sooner play portable hmm.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Is the Switch version of Risk of Rain ok? I really like the look of 2, and kind of want to try the first one

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
In other news, Streets of Rage 4 was just officially confirmed for Switch (like that was ever in doubt).

The first few minutes of Ori will absolutely destroy you. And you'll love it.

I have no shame in admitting I'm a big softie when it comes to games with even a slightly emotional angle to them, as long as it's executed well. I'll have the tissues on standby. lol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I wasn't really planning on buying any of these to begin with. I've already played them elsewhere and don't have any great desire to revisit. Though I probably would have grabbed the Hotline Miami collection if it was cheaper.
Creature in The Well Sept 6th
Blasphemouse Sept 10th

good lord
River City Girls Sept 5th.

September = death month

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Is the Switch version of Risk of Rain ok? I really like the look of 2, and kind of want to try the first one
Yeah, it's great, although the reliance on shoulder buttons makes my hands hurt like no other game when I play handheld. Maybe something to keep in mind, but it's otherwise a perfectly good port, and the game is really really fun.

There's only about exactly one month of summer left by pretty much any definition right? So hopefully 2 is out pretty soon, never expected console ports while it's in early access but I've really wanted to play it for awhile, psyched for it.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I was all set to not buy anything more this month but In the end I caved in on SUPERHOT, after buying it on Xbox and Oculus Quest at full price, but since I was triple-dipping I've grabbed it from the RUS eShop for €6,50 instead of €25... I think it's fair. And I did it today since other titles had their prices raised on the RUS eShop after a couple weeksThanks Arturo for letting me know!

Was gonna pick up Super Hot until I read that the campaign can ben beaten in 3 hours.

$25 for a 3 hour campaign and some challenges is way too steep for me.

To be fair you should look at it like you do STGs/arcade games. There's quite a bit of (awesome) content to replay over and over

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
When do games usually unlock if not midnight?

I want my Yu-Gi-Oh and Nintendo says it's not time to duel yet.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Far: Lone Sails looks great. I really like that sub-sub-genre of micromanaging a very small space.
When do games usually unlock if not midnight?

I want my Yu-Gi-Oh and Nintendo says it's not time to duel yet.
I'm really excited for this release. I haven't played a YGO video game since WC 2011 on the DS.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
not live eShop yet that I can find but Square-Enix just announced FFVIII Remastered will be releasing on September 3rd for $19.99

it's already live for pre-purchase on Xbox & PSN so I'd assume it'll show up on eShop soon(ish)

Oct 25, 2017
The Swindle is literally made for replayability.

Thanks for this, and RIP.

The interface definitely doesn't seem up to stuff, but I really like the mechanics and the focus. You have 100 missions to get as far as you can. It seems like the game rapidly expands to where doing a perfect clear of any level is super damn difficult, so you claw away at progress chunk by chunk. Lots and lots of upgrades to improve your guys and their successors.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I only knew The Swindle by name but that sounds excellent, I'll probably get it this week. Not that I'm starved of roguelikes; my current obsession is Slay the Spire and its wild how good it is.

Icey

Oct 27, 2017
Now that Hotline Miami is on switch the only indie game I need to never touch my vita again is Spelunky.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What was this tweet?
Looks like the original tweet that article is based on was mistrandlated... Here's a correction

These digital versions are completely separate things instead of the latter being the "premium" one. One has the arcade games and the other the console ones :l

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the original tweet that article is based on was mistrandlated... Here's a correction

These digital versions are completely separate things instead of the latter being the "premium" one. One has the arcade games and the other the console ones :l
What the fuck?

That pricing model is absolutely ridiculous.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Holy fuck, Taito. How did they manage to screw this up too?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
That's still much cheaper than the physical Special Edition but it's a very weird and expensive purchase model.

eltercero

Feb 3, 2018
Madrid
Man, September is stupidly packed. I'm interested in seven games (and I'm not even counting Astral Chain because it's an August release). I hope the indie games (River City Girls, Creature in the well and Blasphemous) perform well despite the competition.