• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Whoa. Okay. Hold up now.

You might have your Superbeats and your Bastions and your Transistors, but the true MEGATON of this sale has arrived...

This price is officially in "buy it just to see how awful it is" territory.

Someone dissuade me.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Did anyone ever find out how to buy from Argentina/Colombia/Brazil/Chile eShop?

I tried once on the Brazil one, but it was a nightmare with all the extra ID stuff. On the other hand, this way these regional prices are truly protected.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Holy shit. Superbeat Xonic is only 89 cents on the eShop right now

Never heard of it, but i like rhythm games, so... thanks!

Wow, I don't really like these games, but for that price... no, that would be really stupid.

Please stop me.

And what about Wulverblade? Looks pretty cool and has a nice discount too:

Anyone played it? Apparently, people complained it was too hard when it came out, but the devs added checkpoints and stuff in an update.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Superbeat Xonic is EASILY worth the price of admission. Especially since the console versions got exclusive DLC that the Vita version didn't get.

Also Voez finally goes on sale right after I buy a few games on sale via PSN & such. Ah well....

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
did you already spend the 99c for Safety First?

giphy.gif

bradigor

Oct 27, 2017
In the last week I have managed to get:

Superhot
Transistor
Superbeat Xonic

All for £10 (give or take a few pence) across various eShops. That is obscene value.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Whoa. Okay. Hold up now.

You might have your Superbeats and your Bastions and your Transistors, but the true MEGATON of this sale has arrived...

This price is officially in "buy it just to see how awful it is" territory.

Someone dissuade me.

it was that price here in EU, i said the same, and ppl dissuaded me, thats how bad it is apparently

Also would have double dipped on bastion/transistor at those prices if they were in EU, I hate these regional sales on consoles, Steam still does it the best sigh.

Last edited:

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Bastion is a must get guys, especially for that price. And even though I don't love it as much, Transistor too is a get at that price.

Edit:
Oh, damn Capcom games are on sale too?

Sigh.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
That EU list in the previous page is a bit wonky btw.

Its missing Ace Attorney 33% off and Little Nightmares 70% off for example, and I don't see the Resident Evil Revelations on sale like it says they are.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
it was that price here in EU, i said the same, and ppl dissuaded me, thats how bad it is apparently

Well then, I'll just have to lay my morbid curiosity aside and pick up Bastion for the same price. ;)

On the topic of notoriously bad games, where's my Vroom in the Night Sky sale at? The king of Switch shovelware has still never been dethroned as the holder of the lowest Metascore for any Switch game despite all the tripe that's followed since. That's mighty impressive.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I really wish it was easier to gift stuff on the eShop. I really want to get my friend Ace Attorney for his birthday, but I can't gift from the eShop, I can't find anyone who sells a code for it. Ugh, it's annoying.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
That EU list in the previous page is a bit wonky btw.

Its missing Ace Attorney 33% off and Little Nightmares 70% off for example, and I don't see the Resident Evil Revelations on sale like it says they are.

Give thanks to NoE for making two list of sales. They're already included.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh no capcom beatemup collection is also on sale.... must stay strong since I suck at beatemups.
Plus I've been meaning to get Okami

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday, I beat Vice: Project Doom in one sitting. It's a mix of Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden and Shadow of the Ninja, including some level surprises.

Biggest surprise of a NES game on NSO until now. I didn't know anything about it.

Cool, I'll have to check it out! Tried out Kung Fu Heroes last night - it's a fairly shallow arcade port, would probably be fun in multiplayer.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished FAR Lone Sails.

What a lovely, short, sweet, wonderful surprise of a game that turned out to be.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of it, but i like rhythm games, so... thanks!

Wow, I don't really like these games, but for that price... no, that would be really stupid.

Please stop me.

And what about Wulverblade? Looks pretty cool and has a nice discount too:

Anyone played it? Apparently, people complained it was too hard when it came out, but the devs added checkpoints and stuff in an update.
Wulverblade is excellent and all of the dev updates made it a much better overall package.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ok ok more Sol Seraph impressions now that I beat the first level (zone? let's call it zone)

- it's still a blurry mess and performance is still ass, at least portable.
- 2d sections are still stiff as fuck, still not sure if its janky-ass Ace Team being Ace Team, or "old school emulation" but it feels bad.
- tower defense is still my favorite part, I understand how most of it works now, for example, wood is finite so when you clear some wooden area, you want to basically unassign those workers and destroy that wood mill to get the wood back as its now useless there.
- You learn new buildings / traps / whatnot in later levels that you can bring back to previous levels if you so wish, but Ive cleared the first one with just the stuff from the first one.
- The loop is as follows: You play a 2d level to unlock the tower defense part. Once you clear the 2d level and unlock the tower defense area, there are several enemy spawn points where each wave comes from, you also need to clear each one of these in a small 2d level to unlock the zone boss. This does NOT stop enemies spawning from them.
- You want to explore levels (both the main 2d level and the smaller ones) because you can upgrade your tower defense section mana pool which is used for spells like summoning a strong warrior or shooting lightning.

So overall its a VERY mixed bag. None of it is particularly good on its own, but I like the combination of all things, if that makes sense. I know I sound negative on it, and that's because I am, but I'm still digging it, but I wouldnt recomend it? I'm a walking contradiction. Do with this info what you will I guess lol.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I wouldnt call any of those "major" tho.
What??
Swapper is a masterpiece in terms of atmosphere, story telling and mind fuckery.
La mulana ex is a very revered game. One of a kind and very challenging.
Ninja Senki dx flew under the radar but is a very solid platformer.
Velocity and Clone inc have amazing OSTs on top of being very fun games.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I heard the original name was supposed to be "Superbeat Zonic" but you threatened to file charges for copyright infringement and so they changed it to "Xonic" instead.
I can say that I, Zonic, played Big Blast Sonic in the game Superbeat Xonic.

I will say, despite being a big rhythm game fan, this game will get VERY hard, especially with its mission mode. There's a good amount of DLC, including a few free songs, which will help expand your play time. But it still does an alright job of teaching you its gameplay & enough easy songs to let you get a grasp of the controls.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
What??
Swapper is a masterpiece in terms of atmosphere, story telling and mind fuckery.
La mulana ex is a very revered game. One of a kind and very challenging.
Ninja Senki dx flew under the radar but is a very solid platformer.
Velocity and Clone inc have amazing OSTs on top of being very fun games.

I said nothing about any of the games' quality, I said they werent "major" releases. Spelunky is a "major indie". La Mulana is as niche as they get.

Hollow Knight is a major indie, Momodora 3 is not (using the same genre). That's where I'm getting.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I said nothing about any of the games' quality, I said they werent "major" releases. Spelunky is a "major indie". La Mulana is as niche as they get.

Hollow Knight is a major indie, Momodora 3 is not (using the same genre). That's where I'm getting.
Judging vita games by popularity is using a bad metric since the vita itself is a niche platform. Spelunky's popularity certainly did not come from the vita port.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Judging vita games by popularity is using a bad metric since the vita itself is a niche platform. Spelunky's popularity certainly did not come from the vita port.

Ok, that doesnt change the fact that Spelunky is one of the most known, popular, aclaimed, whatever you want to call it indie games in years. It's what you would call a "major indie" like the conversation started. But whatever, you do you with your definition of major, this is the type of arguing that will clearly lead nowhere.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really tempted to get Power Rangers Battle for the Grid, I have close to enough in coins to get it for 'free' and have been eyeing it for a long time. Anyone with strong opinions on it?