Votes: 24 31.6%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 52 68.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
The Witcher III is already up for preload?
Yeah.
I’ll get it physical tho, if only to let my wallet talk how cool it is that someone else is finally using a 32GB card and fitting everything in it. Unless they’re pushing a big/essential week1 patch to fix something
I think that this is a game to definitely get physical. It’s a 28GB download from the eShop before any patches. That’s a huge chunk of your Micro SD.

The eShop page even warns that you must have a Micro SD as the game is too big for the Switch’s internal memory.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Okay, just one more post to follow up my original about FAR: Lone Sails.

I finished it this morning and it is possibly my favorite game I played all year. I LOVED it to bits, holy shit.

The feeling of having your ship (?) running smoothly at max speed and maintaining all the elements is so damn cool and organic feeling. Same with the way you come across the upgrades.

What a beautiful, beautiful game.

The final bit/ending were amazing.

Again, I have no idea how I never even heard of it before, but I'm so glad it came to the Switch(where I tend to play more and notice games these days) and I took a shot on it.

zakatana

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm done with the first hotline Miami. Yeah the music is amazing, no doubt about it.
That being said, i have two remarks/questions.
Is it me who sucks, or does the game controls like ass? Firstly, you can't reassign the controls. Wtf is that R button shooting thing?! And since I tend to be tensed during intense firefights, I often auto locked enemies by clicking on the sticks without wanting it, fucking up my aim. I know that dying a lot is part of the game, but it often felt that the controls were not up to the task of what the game is requiring me to do.
My second remarks concerns the unlockable weapons. I don't know if that's a bug, but there are many weapons that I unlocked and never saw.

Despite those (big) issues, I couldn't get enough of the game. I'm looking forward to starting the second.

I'm done with the first hotline Miami. Yeah the music is amazing, no doubt about it.
If you loved the music in the first game, you might love the second even more. The latter really surprised me because the worse overall critical reception tempered my expectations, but there’s no doubt that the soundtrack totally slays.

That being said, i have two remarks/questions.
Is it me who sucks, or does the game controls like ass? Firstly, you can't reassign the controls. Wtf is that R button shooting thing?! And since I tend to be tensed during intense firefights, I often auto locked enemies by clicking on the sticks without wanting it, fucking up my aim. I know that dying a lot is part of the game, but it often felt that the controls were not up to the task of what the game is requiring me to do.
Hotline Miami took me a while to get fully accustomed to its controls and it wasn’t until years after I played it the first time when I returned to it did I feel like I was close to mastering them. Have you tried locking-on to enemies by tapping on the touchscreen? Granted, that might be a cumbersome option due to the physical size of the Switch versus the smaller profile of the Vita, but it’s worth a try. Something else to note is that the lock-on is improved in the sequel, for what it’s worth.

My second remarks concerns the unlockable weapons. I don't know if that's a bug, but there are many weapons that I unlocked and never saw.
Some weapons spawn very rarely (like the Silenced Pistol, for example), so it could be likely that you just didn’t encounter them by sheer luck.

I’m not sure if the rarer drop rates were decreased in HM2, but the method of unlocking weapons to begin with is based almost entirely on simply clearing chapters regardless of score, instead of every 50k cumulative points as done in HM1. That change might’ve been for the best.

Opa-Pa

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was done with the HLM games but I got the itch again yesterday and started hard mode on the second despite promising myself I wouldn't subject myself to that again lol. It was surprisingly smooth sailing, but I stopped once I made it to a stage I vividly remember being hell (Dead Ahead).

I've found your skills on these games can last for a long while. I platinumed both like 5 years ago and while HLM1 had already become easy after playing 2 for the first time, I still feared some of the levels in 2 and... Yeah still got it lol. I beat both games in two sittings.

Speaking of controls, I think they're as good as they can be with joycons. I originally played these on Vita which has less buttons and that was kind of awkward for some actions, but Switch seems fine to me. One thing tho is that I hate how imprecise dropping and picking up weapons is, especially in HLM1; I died more times than I should have because my characters didn't pick up a weapon fast enough to kill the guy coming in my direction.

I'm also pretty disappointed that they seemed to simply port the console versions without fixing any of the known issues. Both games still have the very same glitches I remember from 5 years ago :/ Also odd that HLM2 seems to have achievement prompts hard coded despite the game having no list of them lmao. This makes sense on PS platforms because you can just go to the trophies menu outside of the game, but here you can unlock them and yet there's no way to keep track of which one you got or are missing let alone read the requirements lmao.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, it might be worth mentioning that it turns out River City Girls will NOT HAVE ONLINE CO-OP. First Double Dragon Neon, now this. Doesn't affect my purchase, but given the genre, this might be info worth knowing when getting the game.

Icey

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up, it might be worth mentioning that it turns out River City Girls will NOT HAVE ONLINE CO-OP. First Double Dragon Neon, now this. Doesn't affect my purchase, but given the genre, this might be info worth knowing when getting the game.
Will it have couch coop? After dragon marked for death unfortunately I have to ask that.

Jonno394

Oct 25, 2017
I started Cat Quest on Friday after picking it up when it was in sale, and my god, Cat Quest 2 is now one of my most anticipated games of the rest of the year! I'm having plenty of fun with this. Love the presentation and the gameplay loop, even if it is often very simple and samey.

All the cat/fur/mew puns on the locations, the names etc are great. Just a really jolly game.