• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the lack of official support will probably make the porting process a bit of a challenge. But I think the biggest issue with modern games that still use it might be that they use highly customized versions of the engine like Mortal Kombat 11 or, as you said, Rocket League. But the Switch shouldn't really have an issue with the engine, Paladins and Smite use it as well.
The Outlast games are UE3 as well.

Oct 26, 2017
Ah yes, the lack of official support will probably make the porting process a bit of a challenge. But I think the biggest issue with modern games that still use it might be that they use highly customized versions of the engine like Mortal Kombat 11 or, as you said, Rocket League. But the Switch shouldn't really have an issue with the engine, Paladins and Smite use it as well.
The Outlast games are UE3 as well.

I see, didn't know about those other games!

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't realize Wilmot's Warehouse was coming out already. Been looking forward to this one.

In other news, I decided to try the 8bitdo SN30 Plus. I hated the standard SN30 but people said the dpad on the Plus is improved, and a lot of big people in the Mario Maker community seem to like it.

Instant deja vu. The dpad sucks and it's clearly not improved, unless I got bad QC on both controllers I've tried. I'm gonna give it some time see if it improves but I'm probably going to return this and never buy anything 8bitdo again. Still looking for a halfway decent bluetooth dpad.
Did you give Wilmots warehouse a try yet by chance? Is it stressful or somewhat calming for an organization game. Worried it could make me anxious lol

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Didn't realize Wilmot's Warehouse was coming out already. Been looking forward to this one.

In other news, I decided to try the 8bitdo SN30 Plus. I hated the standard SN30 but people said the dpad on the Plus is improved, and a lot of big people in the Mario Maker community seem to like it.

Instant deja vu. The dpad sucks and it's clearly not improved, unless I got bad QC on both controllers I've tried. I'm gonna give it some time see if it improves but I'm probably going to return this and never buy anything 8bitdo again. Still looking for a halfway decent bluetooth dpad.

I've been saying 8bitdo SN/SF line sucks for years (info posts from back then at gaf and here), but people won't listen. The buttons have an inherent problem with the missing pads beneath them so you physically can't perform certain actions but people keep praising them and don't notice it until it's too late.
Try to do a fast succession of 10 quick (low in height) jumps in Super Mario World for example with a good Nintendo controller and then do the same with the 8bitdo. You'll do 8 jumps at best in the same timeframe, because the buttons take too much time to get back into position to take the next input and so on.

They are crap.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
What are some good pages to buy American eshop codes? (Also, do they work in the mexican eshop?)
Just found out about the huge discount in Superbeat Xonic in the US eshop, and I saw a tutorial about using an Mexican Paypal account to use my spanish credit card, but everytime I try to link it to my account it gives me an error, so I'm going with plan B.
Could you tell us which tutorial you tried to use? I'm also interested in buying some games from the MX eshop with a EU CC.
I can't even buy games from the AUS eShop anymore... it rejects my spanish cc.
Luckily Russia, Norway and SA still work and I can get cards for US/CND/MXN eShops.
Where do you get MXN eShop cards? SEA GM is the only store I found selling them, but they're out of stock.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Could you tell us which tutorial you tried to use? I'm also interested in buying some games from the MX eshop with a EU CC.

Where do you get MXN eShop cards? SEA GM is the only store I found selling them, but they're out of stock.

The tutorials are in spanish but honestly, there isn't that much to it. Just create an mexican paypal account with kinda accurate info (you can use a random identity generator page) , and once it's done, add the credit card.

Meanwhile either create a Mexican Nintendo account or change the region of one already created to Mexico (which you remove the funds and lock the gold points in the original region). Enter the eshop with it, and try to link the Paypal account in "Account Information". They'll send you a message to the email linked to the account, and from there it should be obvious.

The problem I have with this is that after I got the email, I tried to link it, but Paypal just said "There was a problem linking the account". Wasted like an hour doing it, so I just gave up and bought an 10$ eshop card in Seagm.

Last edited:

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
The tutorials are in spanish but honestly, there isn't that much to it. Just create an mexican paypal account with kinda accurate info (you can use a random identity generator page) , and once it's done, add the credit card.

Meanwhile either create a Mexican Nintendo account or change the region of one already created to Mexico (which you remove the funds and lock the gold points in the original region). Enter the eshop with it, and try to link the Paypal account in "Account Information". They'll send you a message to the email linked to the account, and from there it should be obvious.

The problem I have with this is that after I got the email, I tried to link it, but Paypal just sayd "There was a problem linking the account". Wasted like an hour doing it, so I just gave up and bought an 10$ eshop card in Seagm.
Yeah, I too wasted my afternoon trying to use that system and had exactly the same problem as you did. Nintendo and PayPal really don't want you to be buying from the Mexican store, which is understandable. I will end up just buying an eshop card as well, although SEAGM has no stock, so I'll try buying directly from a Mexican store.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Yeah, I too wasted my afternoon trying to use that system and had exactly the same problem as you did. Nintendo and PayPal really don't want you to be buying from the Mexican store, which is understandable. I will end up just buying an eshop card as well, although SEAGM has no stock, so I'll try buying directly from a Mexican store.
Wow, thanks for the notice. I won't be removing my current US paypal for a while.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Did you give Wilmots warehouse a try yet by chance? Is it stressful or somewhat calming for an organization game. Worried it could make me anxious lol
I posted about it briefly a page or two ago. It's kinda both. There's a little bit of stress but after a few in game days you get the option to organize everything at your leisure which is satisfying and really chill. The game is probably easier the more organized you are.
I've been saying 8bitdo SN/SF line sucks for years (info posts from back then at gaf and here), but people won't listen. The buttons have an inherent problem with the missing pads beneath them so you physically can't perform certain actions but people keep praising them and don't notice it until it's too late.
Try to do a fast succession of 10 quick (low in height) jumps in Super Mario World for example with a good Nintendo controller and then do the same with the 8bitdo. You'll do 8 jumps at best in the same timeframe, because the buttons take too much time to get back into position to take the next input and so on.

They are crap.
I am convinced that no one (besides us, haha) actually knows how to identify a good dpad. The amount of effusive praise proves as much. 8bitdo clearly presents its products as boutique, high quality controllers, but they're just garbage.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Going to try to ask for a refund for Pillars of Eternity. I tried really hard to play through the glitches and grey screens and messed up text and bad pathfinding, but I literally cannot proceed through a big chunk of the game anymore. Stay far, far away from this port.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I added a US PayPal account to a US eShop account and then just changed the eShop region to MX.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I added a US PayPal account to a US eShop account and then just changed the eShop region to MX.
Same :) Have been working fine for 2 years now. Now, if only Argentina, Chili, etc would start accepting PP. Though, that would probably have a bad effect on the offerings if they get plundered.
I think the complication comes in if you are in Europe but yeah I created a MX region account and just use my normal ass US PayPal with no issues. Rarely use the MX store as prices aren't always better, remember PayPal doesn't use the exact exchange rate you may see with a search. Its close enough though.

Honestly its really only been for Sega games for me. The Sega Masters collection stuff is all like $5 or less and I just got Sol Seraph for $6 which is about the most I'd have paid for the game.

Getting Virtua Racing for $3.50 is tops though.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I think the complication comes in if you are in Europe but yeah I created a MX region account and just use my normal ass US PayPal with no issues. Rarely use the MX store as prices aren't always better, remember PayPal doesn't use the exact exchange rate you may see with a search. Its close enough though.

Honestly its really only been for Sega games for me. The Sega Masters collection stuff is all like $5 or less and I just got Sol Seraph for $6 which is about the most I'd have paid for the game.

Getting Virtua Racing for $3.50 is tops though.
You can choose to disable PayPal's currency conversion, so that the conversion is handled by the credit card.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
For those who haven't visited the Ori demo thread: the progress in the demo transfers to the full game.