• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
pretty much done with Forager at around 17 hours (I looked up a few puzzle solutions so 20ish hours to see/do everything like others said sounds about right), Ive bought every land, have almost every perk now, ive done all the dungeons etc. Loved the game and actually pretty glad its so more streamlined and shorter than most of the genre, but yeah, with little to no end game, it's about time to move on to something else for now, will check back in the future with updates.

Been playing some Pictoquest, its cool, im 30% in and I've hit 15X15 puzzles now so its starting to get a bit more challenging now, I was afraid the game would be too short when I was already 20-25% in earlier.

So between this and my good first impressions on Cat Quest earlier, I'm happy with my purchases today.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Only two games again, but at least they're two that many folks (and I) have never tried before. (Vice looks especially cool.) But man, the shadow of impending SNES games looms ever larger. Next month's gotta be the month. It has to be.

And we'll all be obligated to cough up extra for the privilege with a "$30 premium tier" or something of the sort. :/

EDIT: Illusionary doesn't tarry.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Vice Project Doom is interesting in that it's perhaps one of the first games on the service (at least in the US) that wasn't part of the Wii or Wii U VC. Wish we had more releases like that, I feel more motivated to check it out considering I've never heard of it before until now.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Vice Project Doom is interesting in that it's perhaps one of the first games on the service (at least in the US) that wasn't part of the Wii or Wii U VC. Wish we had more releases like that, I feel more motivated to check it out considering I've never heard of it before until now.
Pro Wrestling was day one and wasn't on either.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I'm more or less done with Forager as well. I could go for all the feats, but I'll just come back when some of the upcoming things in the roadmap are added.

I also got some kind of glitch where I completed the Archaeology section of the museum and the feat popped up for doing it, but the mask it's supposed to award is not available in the character options for some reason.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more or less done with Forager as well. I could go for all the feats, but I'll just come back when some of the upcoming things in the roadmap are added.

I also got some kind of glitch where I completed the Archaeology section of the museum and the feat popped up for doing it, but the mask it's supposed to award is not available in the character options for some reason.

how do you even get more fossils just dumb luck? Its one of the few things I didnt do, Ive been digging like a maniac and I got jack shit.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
how do you even get more fossils just dumb luck? Its one of the few things I didnt do, Ive been digging like a maniac and I got jack shit.

Theres a shrine that grants the option to create spots to dig at to get a chance to dig up Fossils. Luck Potions, Light Houses, and other buffs will help increase both the odds and the output. There's different fossils per biome. You also need to use fishing pots in the different biomes to get their respective fossil. Better to build the pots ahead of time considering berries are scarce in the end game.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone in this thread played Akane? I've been curious about it, but I need to know if there's some amount of a story or some kind of progression to it, or if it's the kind of game where you're mostly just chasing high scores. I'll pass on it if it's the latter.

I had to make my own mission out of it, because it's hard to get them all. Each biome has two artifacts: one in the ground and one in the water. Fish traps will occasionally pull up the water ones, so you want to build as many of those as you can. I built shrines in each biome for the ground ones. Occasionally a shrine's buff is to instantly spawn a ton of digging spots around the shrine. That usually got me the artifact, though I also had a maxed out shovel at the time, which has better odds for digging up rare stuff.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Ugh, I don't need any more games right now but I'm going to buy Aggelos on sale aren't I? >_< I really want it.

It's not even a huge sale, I should wait.

But I probably wont.

Edit: Annnd nevermind, I just looked it up after seeing PQube were the publishers (and how they are cool!) and apparently it is getting a physical release. :) So I'll wait for that of course, yay!

Physical media 4 life.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I bought PictoQuest and played through ~45% in one sitting. It doesn't seem like it will be very long for anyone experienced with Picross. I'm having a lot of fun though, and the pixel animations when you complete a puzzle are great!

This game could really use more UI polish, though. Most of the UI is good and works fine, but there are grammatical errors and awkward phrasing everywhere, and some very bizarre decisions in terms of how the shop works. You can't see the description of an item if you don't have enough to afford it or if you inventory is full. You can't check the descriptions of your inventory in the shop before you sell items, because if you highlight them, the game just tells you how much they will sell for. It's just really awkward because you can end up having to get rid of stuff but not knowing what to get rid of and being unable to actually check what each orb does.

Also, I'm up to 15x15 puzzles and already feeling the lack of a button dedicated to marking/question marks.

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone give a firm recommendation for Everspace? I keep looking at this game. I like the spaceship theme. I like Sky Rogue. I should like this, right? It's just so expensive.
You're in luck as Subdivision Infinity just released and it looks to be quite similar to Everspace - including the high production value - but much cheaper in price. Considering getting it myself.
I recommend looking at some gameplay on YouTube to see if it's for you. The one thing currently holding me back is the aim-assist which seems too aggressive and I'm hoping will be optionally disabled or toned down in a patch.

Has anyone in this thread played Akane? I've been curious about it, but I need to know if there's some amount of a story or some kind of progression to it, or if it's the kind of game where you're mostly just chasing high scores. I'll pass on it if it's the latter.
I'm playing Akane now and it's very polished and challenging yet fun.
There does seem to be some story but I haven't gotten far enough to see how far the game goes with it. The tutorials seem to be framed in the context of a story and there is an occasional short bit of voice narration while you play which leads me to believe there'll be more but I haven't made enough progress to say for sure.

The other form of progression the game has is weapon and equipment upgrades which you gain by achieving certain combat milestones or achievements.

Also the world itself feels interesting even if there isn't necessarily a lot of it.

Ultimately it's a fun game to challenge yourself in short bursts of stylish and intense action and that's the main core of the experience.
If that appeals to you it's a no brainer at the sale price.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Cook Serve Delicious 2 is no joke. I feel like I'm stupid even making mistakes in the first restaurants. They should add a way to start over a dish when you fuck it up, plus I encountered a bug (?) when I didn't have a silver medal despite aving only 2 failed and 2 meh orders...

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Picto Quest is getting pretty addicting and I would recommend it to Picross fans. The levels that involve fighting enemies who attack you add a different element to the formula. The gameplay ends up being faster since you're racing against the attack meter as it fills up. I'm over 50% done and I just started hitting 20x15s, and I'm hoping they get bigger.
I bought PictoQuest and played through ~45% in one sitting. It doesn't seem like it will be very long for anyone experienced with Picross. I'm having a lot of fun though, and the pixel animations when you complete a puzzle are great!

This game could really use more UI polish, though. Most of the UI is good and works fine, but there are grammatical errors and awkward phrasing everywhere, and some very bizarre decisions in terms of how the shop works. You can't see the description of an item if you don't have enough to afford it or if you inventory is full. You can't check the descriptions of your inventory in the shop before you sell items, because if you highlight them, the game just tells you how much they will sell for. It's just really awkward because you can end up having to get rid of stuff but not knowing what to get rid of and being unable to actually check what each orb does.

Also, I'm up to 15x15 puzzles and already feeling the lack of a button dedicated to marking/question marks.
Thanks for the impressions!

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
About 5 hours into Pillars of Eternity (just got my stronghold). It seems like a good port with a few rough edges.

Pros:
- The performance is solid, no missing effects or voice acting compromises from what I can tell. Haven't encountered any dropped frames.
- Seems to run at native resolution in both docked and hand-held.
- The majority of text is very readable in both docked and hand-held, minor flavour text/prompts is smaller but still fine.

YMMV:
- Controls are OK but can take a little while to get a hang of. (Hint: Trigger radial menues are your friend). I'm used to playing strategy/tactics games on gamepads so they haven't t a problem for me.

Cons:
- Some loading times between areas are on the long side.
- Text sometimes gets garbled and turns into literal gibberish, temporarily for a second or two before correcting itself. Though I've had the combat log remain gibberish until a load screen transition.
- Had two full crashes to the dashboard when exiting in the first introduction dungeon during the area transition, which left me vary. No crashes since.
- No Big Head Mode

Week August 08th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• Pix the Cat - Playdigious - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $7.99/€7.99) - 716 MB
  • Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition - Versus Evil - $49.99/€49.99 (Launch sale: $39.99/€39.99) - 15.8 GB
  • PictoQuest - Plug In Digital - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $8.49/€8.49) - 417 MB
  • DC Universe Online - Daybreak Game Company - Free-to-Play
  • Damsel - Screwtape Studios - $16.99/€16.99 - 1.1 GB
    pixthecath2jmm.jpg
    pillarsofeternity3dkm7.jpg
    pictoquestvpjpl.jpg
    dcuniverseonline6sk3p.jpg
    damsel72k26.jpg
  • Tactics V: Obsidian Brigade - FNG Studios - $24.99/€20.99 (Launch sale: $19.99/€16.79) - 958 MB
  • Quench - Axon Interactive - $19.99/€17.99 - 490 MB
  • Our Flick Erasers - Sat-Box - €11.50 - 1.1 GB *EU*
  • FIA European Truck Racing Championship - Bigben Interactive - €49.99 - 6.5 GB *EU*
  • The Forbidden Arts - Stingbot Games - $14.99/€13.18 - 2.2 GB
    tacticsvobsidianbrigadjkn7.jpg
    quenchlijxl.jpg
    ourflickerasersbyk10.jpg
    fiaeuropeantruckracinobj5r.jpg
    theforbiddenartssyjoo.jpg
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil - Nightdive Studios - $19.99/€17.59 (Launch sale: $16.99/€14.95) - 569 MB
  • X Multiply - Irem/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Taimumari: Complete Edition - Victory Road - $14.99/€13.29 - 106 MB
  • Subdivision Infinity DX - Blowfish Studios - $14.99/€12.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Neverlast - Sabec - $9.99/€9.99 - 765 MB
    turok2seedsofevil5qk80.jpg
    arcadearchivesxmultip3bknd.jpg
    taimumaricompleteeditfakvn.jpg
    subdivisioninfinitydxxjj0b.jpg
    neverlastwzkdt.jpg
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - Complete Edition - Bandai Namco - $59.99/€59.99 - 6.4 GB
  • Grave Keeper - Forever Entertainment - $9.99/€9.99 (Sale if you own one Forever Ent. game: $4.99/€4.99) - 292 MB
  • Tap Skaters - Forever Entertainment - $4.99/€4.99 (Sale if you own one Forever Ent. game: $2.49/€2.49) - 225 MB
  • Oh! Edo Towns - Kairosoft - $12.00/€10.00 - 189 MB
  • The Pyraplex - Kairosoft - $12.00/€10.00 - 188 MB
    swordartonlinefatalbu8kjkx.jpg
    gravekeepero9k3m.jpg
    tapskaterslgj0s.jpg
    ohedotownskgkdd.jpg
    thepyraplexmpkhl.jpg
  • Sagebrush - Ratalaika Games - $5.99/€5.99 (Launch sale: $4.79/€4.79) - 323 MB
  • #RaceDieRun - Qubic Games - $9.99/€9.99 (Sale if you own one QubicGames game: $4.99/€4.99) - 725 MB
  • Welcome to Hanwell - SteelArtsSoftware - $14.99/€13.89 - 2.6 GB
  • Shadows 2: Perfidia - Ultimate Games - $7.99/€7.99 (Launch sale: $6.79) - 2.4 GB
  • Doughlings: Invasion - Hero Concept - $9.99/€9.99 - 135 MB
    sagebrushfikum.jpg
    racedierunyckq9.jpg
    welcometohanwell3mjm0.jpg
    shadows2perfidiakvkl8.jpg
    doughlingsinvasion34j7d.jpg
  • Epic Clicker Journey - Ultimate Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $4.24) - 1.1 GB
  • Wordsweeper by POWGI - Lightwood Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 57 MB
  • Sudoku Universe - Indienova - $6.99/€6.99 (Launch sale: €4.89) - 230 MB
    epicclickerjourneykfkc2.jpg
    wordsweeperbypowgir1j3n.jpg
    sudokuuniverse0ej63.jpg

- DLCs

• Dragon Ball FighterZ - Bandai Namco
    Janemba - $4.99/€4.99
  • BQM -BlockQuest Maker- - Wonderland Kazakiri
    1st DLC "Samurai Era" - $4.99/€4.99
  • FIA European Truck Racing Championship - Bigben Interactive
    Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track - €3.99

- Demos

• Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda - Nintendo
  • Super Mega Baselball 2: Ultimate Edition - Metalhead Software

- Japan

• Columns II - Arcade - M2/Sega - ¥999
  • Kageroh: Shadow Corridor - Regista - ¥1,944
    segaagescolumnsiig6jpx.jpg
    kagerohshadowcorridorgbjt3.jpg

- Late Releases

• Terrorhythm (TRRT) - Forever Ent. - $9.99 - 470 MB *NA*

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Steamworld Quest last night and started it. I'm still super early (just got to Chapter 2). It I'm really enjoying the combat system so far.

Also... If I understood the end of chapter 1 screen, I have only found 25% of the treasures on the first chapter which is kind of weird because I feel it's not THAT open lol... Not sure how I could have potentially missed something like 3 chests? lol anyway.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• Pix the Cat - Playdigious - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $7.99/€7.99) - 716 MB
  • Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition - Versus Evil - $49.99/€49.99 (Launch sale: $39.99/€39.99) - 15.8 GB
  • PictoQuest - Plug In Digital - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $8.49/€8.49) - 417 MB
  • DC Universe Online - Daybreak Game Company - Free-to-Play
  • Damsel - Screwtape Studios - $16.99/€16.99 - 1.1 GB
    pixthecath2jmm.jpg
    pillarsofeternity3dkm7.jpg
    pictoquestvpjpl.jpg
    dcuniverseonline6sk3p.jpg
    damsel72k26.jpg
  • Tactics V: Obsidian Brigade - FNG Studios - $24.99/€20.99 (Launch sale: $19.99/€16.79) - 958 MB
  • Quench - Axon Interactive - $19.99/€17.99 - 490 MB
  • Our Flick Erasers - Sat-Box - €11.50 - 1.1 GB *EU*
  • FIA European Truck Racing Championship - Bigben Interactive - €49.99 - 6.5 GB *EU*
  • The Forbidden Arts - Stingbot Games - $14.99/€13.18 - 2.2 GB
    tacticsvobsidianbrigadjkn7.jpg
    quenchlijxl.jpg
    ourflickerasersbyk10.jpg
    fiaeuropeantruckracinobj5r.jpg
    theforbiddenartssyjoo.jpg
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil - Nightdive Studios - $19.99/€17.59 (Launch sale: $16.99/€14.95) - 569 MB
  • X Multiply - Irem/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Taimumari: Complete Edition - Victory Road - $14.99/€13.29 - 106 MB
  • Subdivision Infinity DX - Blowfish Studios - $14.99/€12.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Neverlast - Sabec - $9.99/€9.99 - 765 MB
    turok2seedsofevil5qk80.jpg
    arcadearchivesxmultip3bknd.jpg
    taimumaricompleteeditfakvn.jpg
    subdivisioninfinitydxxjj0b.jpg
    neverlastwzkdt.jpg
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - Complete Edition - Bandai Namco - $59.99/€59.99 - 6.4 GB
  • Grave Keeper - Forever Entertainment - $9.99/€9.99 (Sale if you own one Forever Ent. game: $4.99/€4.99) - 292 MB
  • Tap Skaters - Forever Entertainment - $4.99/€4.99 (Sale if you own one Forever Ent. game: $2.49/€2.49) - 225 MB
  • Oh! Edo Towns - Kairosoft - $12.00/€10.00 - 189 MB
  • The Pyraplex - Kairosoft - $12.00/€10.00 - 188 MB
    swordartonlinefatalbu8kjkx.jpg
    gravekeepero9k3m.jpg
    tapskaterslgj0s.jpg
    ohedotownskgkdd.jpg
    thepyraplexmpkhl.jpg
  • Sagebrush - Ratalaika Games - $5.99/€5.99 (Launch sale: $4.79/€4.79) - 323 MB
  • #RaceDieRun - Qubic Games - $9.99/€9.99 (Sale if you own one QubicGames game: $4.99/€4.99) - 725 MB
  • Welcome to Hanwell - SteelArtsSoftware - $14.99/€13.89 - 2.6 GB
  • Shadows 2: Perfidia - Ultimate Games - $7.99/€7.99 (Launch sale: $6.79) - 2.4 GB
  • Doughlings: Invasion - Hero Concept - $9.99/€9.99 - 135 MB
    sagebrushfikum.jpg
    racedierunyckq9.jpg
    welcometohanwell3mjm0.jpg
    shadows2perfidiakvkl8.jpg
    doughlingsinvasion34j7d.jpg
  • Epic Clicker Journey - Ultimate Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $4.24) - 1.1 GB
  • Wordsweeper by POWGI - Lightwood Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 57 MB
  • Sudoku Universe - Indienova - $6.99/€6.99 (Launch sale: €4.89) - 230 MB
    epicclickerjourneykfkc2.jpg
    wordsweeperbypowgir1j3n.jpg
    sudokuuniverse0ej63.jpg

- DLCs

• Dragon Ball FighterZ - Bandai Namco
    Janemba - $4.99/€4.99
  • BQM -BlockQuest Maker- - Wonderland Kazakiri
    1st DLC "Samurai Era" - $4.99/€4.99
  • FIA European Truck Racing Championship - Bigben Interactive
    Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track - €3.99

- Demos

• Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda - Nintendo
  • Super Mega Baselball 2: Ultimate Edition - Metalhead Software

- Japan

• Columns II - Arcade - M2/Sega - ¥999
  • Kageroh: Shadow Corridor - Regista - ¥1,944
    segaagescolumnsiig6jpx.jpg
    kagerohshadowcorridorgbjt3.jpg

- Late Releases

• Terrorhythm (TRRT) - Forever Ent. - $9.99 - 470 MB *NA*
"Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda"

lol i did not realize that was officially the full title.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a lot of conceptual overlap between Forager and DQ Builders? I'm waist deep in DQ Builders 2 and I would like to play Forager but it seems like I'll probably want to put distance between them.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a lot of conceptual overlap between Forager and DQ Builders? I'm waist deep in DQ Builders 2 and I would like to play Forager but it seems like I'll probably want to put distance between them.
Forager feels kinda like Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon, but much speedier. Once you own all the land and your item harvesting is all automated, there's not a whole lot of reason to keep going. DQ Builders is a much, much deeper game.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Forager, and it was downright addictive for the few days I played. But once I owned all the land and finished the puzzles / dungeons, there was 0 reason to keep playing. And well.... if organization is your thing, and you like nice orderly farms, this isn't for you lol

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
What were peoples thoughts on Eagle Island?

I keep seeing adverts for it on my Facebook feed which are drawing me in, but the reviews aren't exactly glowing.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
What were peoples thoughts on Eagle Island?

I keep seeing adverts for it on my Facebook feed which are drawing me in, but the reviews aren't exactly glowing.
There a demo on Steam if you have a PC.

It's a neat concept but it didn't stick with me. I played the demo for an hour and I was good. I like 2D platform action adventure games. My biggest problem is that you can attack in 8 direction like Castlevania IV, but so many enemies steak under your 8 directions. It needed bigger hotboxes or allow complete 360 aiming. It was frustrating to miss attacks by mere pixels.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
There does seem to be some story but I haven't gotten far enough to see how far the game goes with it. The tutorials seem to be framed in the context of a story and there is an occasional short bit of voice narration while you play which leads me to believe there'll be more but I haven't made enough progress to say for sure.

The other form of progression the game has is weapon and equipment upgrades which you gain by achieving certain combat milestones or achievements.

Also the world itself feels interesting even if there isn't necessarily a lot of it.

Ultimately it's a fun game to challenge yourself in short bursts of stylish and intense action and that's the main core of the experience.
Thank you for this breakdown. :)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
since I wont listen to myself and I keep buying games, at least I'm liking most of what I buy. Case in point, bought Turok 1 and 2, and im absolutely LOVING Turok 1. Just had a good first session, got all the keys to unlock level 2 and 3, saved at the hub. Exciting to think Turok 2 is the actual good one too (or rather, Turok 2 is fantastic IIRC).

Game looks great portable too, the smaller screen really hides a lot of the dated look imo.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
since I wont listen to myself and I keep buying games, at least I'm liking most of what I buy. Case in point, bought Turok 1 and 2, and im absolutely LOVING Turok 1. Just did good first session, got all the keys to unlock level 2 and 3, saved at the hub. Exciting to think Turok 2 is the actual good one too (or rather, Turok 2 is fantastic IIRC)
Started playing Turok 1 for the first time tonight! Level 3 is nuts! :D

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got Turok, Akane, This War of Mine, Windjammers and Odallus on sale because I've lost control of my life (they were all on my wishlist, promise).

Really looking forward to see what Turok looks like above 25FPS for the first time lol. Loved the game back then.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Question: Am I able to have two SD cards, each with separate Switch games, and be able to switch between the two cards freely?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man I want Turok so bad but why does it have to lack multiplayer on the best multiplayer platform???

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ended up going back to Forager a bit, just about to have actually everything done (just missing a couple of fossils and a couple of health potions to complete the museum). No real reason to even be doing this, except...well the game is fun. But yeah, pretty much done with it heh.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
You're in luck as Subdivision Infinity just released and it looks to be quite similar to Everspace - including the high production value - but much cheaper in price. Considering getting it myself.
I recommend looking at some gameplay on YouTube to see if it's for you. The one thing currently holding me back is the aim-assist which seems too aggressive and I'm hoping will be optionally disabled or toned down in a patch.

Thanks! That looked pretty cool and seemed well received on Steam so I picked it up.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone give a firm recommendation for Everspace? I keep looking at this game. I like the spaceship theme. I like Sky Rogue. I should like this, right? It's just so expensive.
If you're looking for a straight-up space combat game, Everspace may not be your cup of tea. It's a space combat roguelike game, and each run has you attempting to navigate through all six regions (each with a number of levels, with multiple paths for you to navigate) to get to the end. Early on you won't get far at all until you get some upgrades under your belt. Unfortunately, things like weapon loadout and money never carry over to your next playthrough (but when you die, you'll be brought to the ship menu for one last chance to spend what you have). Though it does become easier to acquire weapons and money quicker as you put more stat points into your pilot and ship (each of the four ships in the game has separate ability trees, even though it's just the same skill tree x4). You need to make it all the way through the game several times over to finish the storyline, which throws a slightly more difficult final encounter at you each time.

In addition, I have to say I didn't find any of the available control layouts to be exactly what I was looking for. I won't say I didn't enjoy the game, as I put 30+ hours into it. But it wasn't exactly the kind of game I expected it to be going in.

I'll second the Subdivision Infinity recommendation. I'm playing it now, and it's basically Everspace without the roguelike elements. Missions are repeatable, and there are also exploration missions that let you mine materials and find blueprints to build new ships. The aim assist is really finicky with how quickly it can snap on/off, but it's a perfectly enjoyable space shooter while we wait for the Switch port of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

Last edited:

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK

Only two games again, but at least they're two that many folks (and I) have never tried before. (Vice looks especially cool.) But man, the shadow of impending SNES games looms ever larger. Next month's gotta be the month. It has to be.

And we'll all be obligated to cough up extra for the privilege with a "$30 premium tier" or something of the sort. :/

EDIT: Illusionary doesn't tarry.

We're coming up to the one year anniversary of Nintendo Switch Online. Nintendo are gonna have to offer brand new incentives for people with lapsing 12 month subscriptions to renew.

On another note, I remember Pix the Cat. This got rave reviews when it released on Vita. I remember getting it but can't remember much about how it played.

In sales I bought Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R. What a name. Anyway it's a very serviceable 2D Fighter. The game is from the arcades around 2013 and isn't the latest Guilty Gear entry. But it's still nice.

I can't see myself buying too much this month as Fire Emblem is sucking up all my playtime.

New trailer for ESP RADE, from Cave Co Ltd and M2 Shottriggers.