• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I've completed PictoQuest. It's a fairly short little game overall.

On the positive side, the puzzles are fun, the spritework is great, the puzzles animate when completed, the music is catchy, the puzzles get up to 20x20, and the RPG elements are a cute addition.

On the negative side, there is no marking tool, the RPG elements can be mostly ignored if you're experienced with Picross, and the shop text is set up oddly in that you can end up being unable to check descriptions. I'm not familiar with these developers, but it also appears that English is not their first language, because the text has all the hallmarks of a really poor translation. I mean... it's Picross, so you're not going to actually be impeded, but I don't know if there's a single text box in the game that doesn't have incorrect grammar or awkward phrasing in it. They really need to get a better translator for their next game.

Overall though, it's fun and I liked the different spin on it compared to most nonogram games. Get it if you like Picross.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I'm sure I read somewhere they said it wasn't to do with the D-pad.
hmm then I don't even know what's different anymore to think of anything beyond that or recognizing the different shape/colors in the menus somewhere. is HD Rumble used in the game and they added something for Switch Lite that replaces it with a visual cue!? that's my last shot ^^

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
hmm then I don't even know what's different anymore to think of anything beyond that or recognizing the different shape/colors in the menus somewhere. is HD Rumble used in the game and they added something for Switch Lite that replaces it with a visual cue!? that's my last shot ^^
Colour of the system is my guess. The console can already detect joycon colour, so it's not a stretch to think there will be an api available to get the system colour.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok put in my major fall orders(Astral Chain, Daemon x Machina, Luigi's Mansion3) not to say there aren't other games I'm considering(Spyro, Yugioh, Monkey Ball, a few others) and one or two I'm waiting for the release of(hat in time)

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
The demo didn't grab me way back when I played but I recently gave it another try and now I'm hyped! I want this game to succeed enough for a sequel.
Yeah, I'm weirdly alternating. I didn't enjoy the demo first time around, played it a few weeks later and really enjoyed it. Then when it went up for preorder I played it again and felt nothing. Now I just don't know.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to pre-order, just make sure you've played the demo an even number of times when the game releases.
The thing people need to remember about the DxM demo is that it was intended to help gather feedback. There were things I didn't like about the initial demo, but the latest trailer they released with details about what they fixed eased my concerns greatly.

Edit: For reference -

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
The thing people need to remember about the DxM demo is that it was intended to help gather feedback. There were things I didn't like about the initial demo, but the latest trailer they released with details about what they fixed eased my concerns greatly.
Yea, he title "Prototype Missions" should really be taken literally in cases like this and Octopath Traveler where they explicitly put it out early to gather feedback. Unless a game fundamentally doesn't gel with someone, final decisions shouldn't be made off of that.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Switch version of hat in time is finally rated https://www.esrb.org/ratings/36411/A+Hat+in+Time/
Which means something new soon hopefully
Hype!
OpenCheerfulAmericancrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, he title "Prototype Missions" should really be taken literally in cases like this and Octopath Traveler where they explicitly put it out early to gather feedback. Unless a game fundamentally doesn't gel with someone, final decisions shouldn't be made off of that.
Japanese games are often named so ridiculously in English that people have probably learned to just ignore the titles.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
How is Gear Club 2? It's on a pretty steep sale and I've been looking for a racing game (that's a hair more sim vs arcade).

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
We have Vouchers for Zelda and Luigi's Mansion barring reviews, but pretty darn sure we will like both.

As for Astral Chain, DxM, and DQ11 among others, I just have to be patient. I still haven't gotten FE or MUA3 both of which I want.

And for some reason I just booted up Rocket League again this week and I am in love again. But that is my casual game time game. I always tend to have like one RPG, one action game and then some time for round robin tasting of games, I think this is why I like game pass so much, I can just sample stuff.

Need to / Want to Finish:

Lost Sphear
DQ Builders 2
Ys VII
Tales of Vesperia
Vakyria Chronicles 4
FE Warriors

Numerous Indie games on Switch, a buncha XBox Games and PS4 Games. So I know its not the time to buy more 'biggish' games any time soon. Very hard too with how good FE is.

Then pile on all of the good indie games that come out every month and its just overwhelming to be honest. I almost just become paralyzed by the quantity of good games available. It literally is the best time to be playing video games.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I managed to 100% Picto Quest in all of 2 days. No unlockable content or anything. It definitely does not have as much content as the Jupiter Picross games but it was kinda different. I don't know my play time but I can't imagine it's more than 10 hours. For what it's worth, some levels have you fighting multiple enemies at once, and you have to juggle them with attacks (finishing a row), while all their attack meters fill.

Supau

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I managed to 100% Picto Quest in all of 2 days. No unlockable content or anything. It definitely does not have as much content as the Jupiter Picross games but it was kinda different. I don't know my play time but I can't imagine it's more than 10 hours. For what it's worth, some levels have you fighting multiple enemies at once, and you have to juggle them with attacks (finishing a row), while all their attack meters fill.

I completely ignored all of the RPG elements. I saw you could switch but it made no difference if you're able to power through all the puzzles without any issues. Would have appreciated a hard mode or something because if you know Picross it's nothing.

I can't recommend a buy, to be honest.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. Subdivision Infinity DX likes crashing when I'm a half-hour into an exploration mission so I lose all the shit I found. I think I'm done until this shit gets patched.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Forager officially archived. Not that it takes up much space but I literally only have the obliterator left to craft, did everything else in the game, so im just "wasting time" grinding just to make that item to just imediatly stop the game after lol.

Absolutely loved it tho, but I got too much shit to play. Will easily check back in in future updates tho.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You guys approve of the YS VIII port? half off both psn and Eshop and I'm torn between the two

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You guys approve of the YS VIII port? half off both psn and Eshop and I'm torn between the two
Switch version is a little rough in a couple areas where there's a lot going on in terms of enemies and combat effects but the vast majority of the time it runs fine. If you really want a portable version, there's no reason not to buy it on Switch, but if you're just asking which version performs better, then go with the PS4 version.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Can anyone attest to how Darkwood runs/controls on Switch? Just bought it on Steam but my crappy laptop can't play it above 40fps (and it makes the laptop incredibly hot, something I kinda don't want to do right now) so if the Switch version runs better than that and controls fine then I think I'l get a refund and go for that one instead.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Daemon X Machina will have microtransactions? What did I miss?

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Morphies law deserves more love. The developers went the extra mile with this one, and with the current sale it's a steal.

True. The game had a rough start and the devs could've just gave up, but they really ended up deivering.

This was a No Man Sky type of thing, despite the scope of both games lol

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
Any opinions on Chasm while it's on sale? I've had it on my wishlist for ages waiting but I was badly burned by Eagle Island.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Akane is pretty neat, I'm impressed. It's a fairly addictive single screen top down, uh, Hotline Miami-like. An absolute steal for that discounted price too.
Well I don't know for sure but on the eshop it says it will have in-game purchases.
Ah, I see. That label can be pretty deceptive as it applies to all games that have menus that link to their eShop page; even Smash has it. But I guess we'll see once it's out.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see. That label can be pretty deceptive as it applies to all games that have menus that link to their eShop page; even Smash has it. But I guess we'll see once it's out.

Not at the top like daemon x machina has.
Which I know seems like a small thing but if it's at the top that normally means it has microtransactions in some way.
But it may not in this case but I don't think it's a good sign

Oct 26, 2017
Not at the top like daemon x machina has.
Which I know seems like a small thing but if it's at the top that normally means it has microtransactions in some way.
But it may not in this case but I don't think it's a good sign
Hmmm I wonder what they intend to charge for? It makes a difference if it's just optional aesthetics or if it's something more substantial.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Any opinions on Chasm while it's on sale? I've had it on my wishlist for ages waiting but I was badly burned by Eagle Island.

Good not GREAT Metroidvania.
If you love the genre it's worth playing.
If you have played Timespinner, Guacamelee, Hollow Knight, Monster Boy, etc etc already then this ones worth a shot just know it's my least favorite of the bunch. Again that doesn't make it bad the others are just that good! I give it like a 6.5-7/10

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
That is me exactly and yes I've finished all those four! Cheers, I think I'll give it a go.