• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
wow Cat Quest leave a fantastic first impression. Looks gorgeous portable aswell.

Contrary to the negative opinions...I loved the game when it came out on iOS however long ago. Beat it twice and found all the secrets. Really fun adventure RPG with some fun stuff going on. I may revisit it on Switch. Yes, it's a tad repetitive and grindy at times, but it's short enough that it didn't take away from the experience for me.

Also, there was a sequel in the works at one time. Not sure if that's still on the table, though.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Contrary to the negative opinions...I loved the game when it came out on iOS however long ago. Beat it twice and found all the secrets. Really fun adventure RPG with some fun stuff going on. I may revisit it on Switch. Yes, it's a tad repetitive and grindy at times, but it's short enough that it didn't take away from the experience for me.

Also, there was a sequel in the works at one time. Not sure if that's still on the table, though.

CQ2_release.png

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Playing Dandy Dungeon makes me really wish Fidel Dungeon Rescue got a switch port.....the 'drawing a line through the grid' thing in DD is fun but it feels so simplistic and not very strategic in comparison; obviously the two games are going for pretty different things but it's hard not to compare (and also I kinda just wanted to express again that Fidel would be really great as a switch game lol)

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Huh. Just got a email telling me that both Robothorium and Bot Vice are on sale.
I don't have them on my wishlist, but I did play the demos.
That's nice.

Changing topics, the other day I finished both Captain Toad and Mario Tennis Aces (the Adventure mode).
Captain Toad was a nice little calm game, and if I wasn't on full "cleaning backlog" patrol, I've would 100% it.
Mario Tennis on the other hand...bleh. Same 3/4 missions for each zone. And the post-game is bad. 5 missions just to get a racket. The rest of the game is fine.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Huh. Just got a email telling me that both Robothorium and Bot Vice are on sale.
I don't have them on my wishlist, but I did play the demos.
That's nice.

Changing topics, the other day I finished both Captain Toad and Mario Tennis Aces (the Adventure mode).
Captain Toad was a nice little calm game, and if I wasn't on full "cleaning backlog" patrol, I've would 100% it.
Mario Tennis on the other hand...bleh. Same 3/4 missions for each zone. And the post-game is bad. 5 missions just to get a racket. The rest of the game is fine.

I also tried Mario Tennis and found it very boring. I just don't like the gameplay at all.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've just finished Cat Quest, took me around 5 hours.

Found it quite enjoyable, and simple. I don't really have any desire to 100% it because it looks like an insane amount of grinding is needed if you want to do every quest.

I watched the trailer for the sequel and it looks practically identical.

I'd say it's worth the 4 quid it's currently selling for.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Can anyone attest to how Darkwood runs/controls on Switch? Just bought it on Steam but my crappy laptop can't play it above 40fps (and it makes the laptop incredibly hot, something I kinda don't want to do right now) so if the Switch version runs better than that and controls fine then I think I'l get a refund and go for that one instead.

The initial game load is looooooooong but I haven't hit any performance issues yet. Controls are knob on too!

Just bear in mind I've only put an hour or so into it.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Well I picked up Akane for "free" with gold coins.

I SUCK at this game. I kind of wish it had XP or that the missions counted across attempts due to the ridiculous number of tries it takes me to get anywhere. I love the atmosphere though. And Akane's design. :)

Also I couldn't help but notice that the character art is 100% "my first digital painting." That shading technique is extremely recognizable to anyone experienced with digital painting, lol. Every time the character art is on screen I want to get in there with my stylus and add some colour depth. XD

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well I just keep buying games I don't need lol. Just bought Tangledeep and I can see this game becoming very addicting. Looks like there's alot of crap I have to learn too. And hell I'm still tempted to get Dandy Dungeon. At least I can make myself feel better knowing I've actually beaten a few games in the past month.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Akane is a arena type game btw, not a level or story based game, just as a warning.
Yeah, I wish I had known this. I like pretty much everything about it except that it's all about replaying a thousand times to try to do better. Not my cup of tea. Though I'll still come back to it for a bit here and there, and I really only lost a tiny amount of gold coins on it, so no harm done.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really liking Turok, you kinda forget how FPSs used to be, especially level design wise. Finished (well, "finished" the second level but only found 1 of 3 keys, so I went back in and combed every nick and corner until I found the other 2 keys to actually finish the level, and it's so weird to have to look for secret areas and shit to actually progress. Good weird mind you.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing the Switch port of VA-11 HALL-A, and man I love this game. I really love all these neat little cyberpunk games that have been trickling out. Looking forward to getting Neocab, too.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 13 - Exception - Traxmaster Software - $14.99/€12.49 - 4.4 GB
  • 13 - Escape from the Universe - CAT-astrophe Games - $9.99/€9.99 (Preorder sale: $6.99/€6.99) - 450 MB *08/16 on NA*
  • 13 - Never Give Up - Armor Games Studios - $14.99/€13.39 - 1.2 GB
  • 13 - Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition - Gun Media - $39.99/€39.99 - 3.5 GB
    --
  • 14 - Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - 1C Ent. - $29.99/€24.99 (Preorder sale: $25.49/€21.24) - 1.3 GB
    --
  • 15 - Vasara Collection - QUByte Interactive - $9.99/€9.99 (Preorder sale: $4.99/€4.99) - 1.3 GB
  • 15 - Beholder 2 - Alawar Premium - $14.99/€14.99 - 2.0 GB
  • 15 - Rogue Singularity - Nnooo - $14.99/€14.99 - 984 MB
  • 15 - Ittle Dew - Ludosity - $9.99/€9.99 - 464 MB
  • 15 - Cryogear - PolarityFlow - $19.89/€17.49 - 131 MB
    --
  • 17 - Anode - Kittehface Software - $3.99/€3.49 - 241 MB
    --
  • 18 - FAR: Lone Sails - Mixtivision - $14.99/€14.99 - 2.1 GB

Last edited:

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
A friend lent me his copy of Octopath Traveler and I have some questions:

1 - How do I start the other 7 character's chapters?
2 - When playing the 8 stories, should I save in the same save slot or should I put each in differents slots?
3- At what level do they join?

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
A friend lent me his copy of Octopath Traveler and I have some questions:

1 - How do I start the other 7 character's chapters?
2 - When playing the 8 stories, should I save in the same save slot or should I put each in differents slots?
3- At what level do they join?

You walk to their starting town and they join your group. They'll join at level 1 and you should definitely collect everyone and not do eight separate saves.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
What other cyberpunk-ish games would you recommend?
On Switch, 2064: Read Only Memories. Observer is also a good one, though it goes a bit toward cyberpunk horror. And Cosmic Star Heroine is a classic-style turn-based RPG with some cyberpunk aesthetic. oh, and you might really enjoy Red Strings Club as well. And if you also play games on PS4, Xbox One or PC, definitely this 2D cyberpunk RPG called Dex.

Last edited:

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I also tried Mario Tennis and found it very boring. I just don't like the gameplay at all.

I've been trying to play it and it's just... I don't know what it is, but this game does NOT feel good to play. It feels like every time I hit a button to hit the ball, it decides I'm probably going to do a charge shot and takes more time to swing than it feels like it should. The trick shot and the lob being tied to X has also messed me up on numerous occasions because I'll accidentally trick shot away from the ball when I meant to hit it. I dunno, I'm just glad I didn't buy it and essentially got a free rental. At least it looks really nice on handheld, and the bosses are kind of neat, for whatever that's worth.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I played though the first 3 worlds of Mario Tennis and still could not wrap my head around how the controls were supposed to work. Which has lead me to the current level on a ship that I can't beat...

Morphies law deserves more love. The developers went the extra mile with this one, and with the current sale it's a steal.
Despite originally watching for this one, Morphies Law came and went with me forgetting all about it. So seeing there's an update is intriguing. But I still worry in a month the game will be forgotten again. Which for an online focused game isn't ideal if no one's around to play.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Vasara Collection review by the awesome guys from SwitchWatch :

Thanks for the detailed review, Jordan!

The price is pretty good and it's 50% off if you pre-order it.

Had it preloaded since the day it went up, can't freakin' wait €5 is a steal , what an incredible package and the games are fantastic

That being said, did I (hopefully) miss the reviewer talking about and/or showing the video options, specifically if there's a scanlines filter and aspect ratio beside mentioning TATE support?

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I played though the first 3 worlds of Mario Tennis and still could not wrap my head around how the controls were supposed to work. Which has lead me to the current level on a ship that I can't beat...

Which one? The
Blooper?

Absolutely aggravating, and that stupid pole in the middle of the court was a terrible idea. He first beat me 2-1 in a long grueling match last night that had me steaming at how cheap the AI was behaving, but then in the rematch everything clicked and I swept all four games to beat him 2-0.

The key for me was to avoid his Zone Shots entirely. Don't attempt to return them and especially don't use Zone Speed, because you want as much of your energy gauge filled as possible to hit your own Zone Shots, which essentially guarantee an automatic point win. It's worth a try if you're still committed to progressing in the adventure mode. (I'm hoping to beat it before the trial expires, but I'm cutting it close...)

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay fine I pre-loaded the Vasara collection, I thought it'd be permanently 4.99 but I don't mind since I wanted them anyway.

In other news I'm really annoyed at Odallus. Game seems ok enough but the sound effects are loud enough that it gets insufferable, and of course the only option I have is turning SFX off altogether ugh. Ironically I bought Oniken with gold coins now against my better judgment, and while it has the same sound settings AND it never received a patch for alternate controls (you jump with A...), the SFX aren't that loud so it's a far better experience overall lol.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if I'm buying Fell Seal or not. Launch discount ends today and I'm certainly either buying with the discount or waiting for a sale so...yeah. PC folk say it's quite fantastic but not only would I like to see reviews to see how the port is, I already bought a few srpgs I haven't even started :/

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Subdivision Infinity DX. Pushed on through to the end, didn't experience any more crashes. Game wasn't all that long, even though there were about 25 missions (some were very short) and 10 exploration missions. Didn't bother scavenging all the materials to craft the best ship. No point since the game was done.

Solid space combat game for the price. Now to wait for the console versions of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Haven't really been keeping track recently, but is Grandia still scheduled for Friday?
I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks so it would be a nice chill game (though I keep hearing bad things about the port?)