• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
We (I) often complain about the direction toward which a significant part of the industry is going, with F2P games and microtransactions. Morphies Law is the opposite of that, and it is now a good game on top of that. I hope that the sale will give it some well deserved momentum. I have been playing it daily since almost a week, in short sessions, and it was already well worth the 7.99 euros I paid for it.

Link83

Dec 12, 2017
Hoping somebody can make a thread about this as I dont have a high enough post count.

I setup an alert for any new Nintendo FCC ID filings, and just received a new one:-
The photos etc are confidential until next year, however looking at the label location pdf reveals this:-
0t4S2GQ.png

Model HAC-042 so its for the Switch, so it looks like we will be getting SNES online/Virtual Console some time soon along with a bluetooth controller!

<EDIT>I wonder if Nintendo will have made any changes to the controller design - it almost looks like there might be ZL and ZR buttons on the top edge? Or is that perhaps just a joycon docking rail like the NES versions? Not sure how that would work though in a Switch dock.

Last edited:

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Hoping somebody can make a thread about this as I dont have a high enough post count.

I setup an alert for any new Nintendo FCC ID filings, and just received a new one:-
The photos etc are confidential until next year, however looking at the label location pdf reveals this:-
0t4S2GQ.png

Model HAC-042 so its for the Switch, so it looks like we will be getting SNES online/Virtual Console some time soon along with a bluetooth controller!
I'll do it for you.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

0t4S2GQ.png

<EDIT>I wonder if Nintendo will have made any changes to the controller design - it almost looks like there might be ZL and ZR buttons on the top edge? Or is that perhaps just a joycon docking rail like the NES versions?
FUCKING FINALLY!!

Gimme that SNES and don't you fucking dare to raise the price over it you drip-feeders!

Of course we're getting Snes games; and probably n64 the year after...
It's a bit sad that it happens after 2 and a half years on the market though.
Would be nice if they at least threw Gameboy/Color in to sweeten the deal. Oh who am I kidding?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
So is Morphies Law worth it now? I tried the PC f2p version very briefly the other day and coudn't get a match, so it gave me a bot match.

Which is worse than it sounds because you don't seem to earn the currency you need to unlock stuff in bot matches.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I forgot about that. I don't think they'll release GB stuff unfortunately, at least not at the same time as they are trying to sell us a 1:1 gameboy game with improved visuals for 60 euros.
Just keep that one off the service for a while and call it a day.

Mind you, I think the number of people who would otherwise be interested in buying LA, but forego it in favor of the original is relatively small.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Fire Emblem, looking to get Pillars of Eternity. How's the performance on Switch?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't really been keeping track recently, but is Grandia still scheduled for Friday?
I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks so it would be a nice chill game (though I keep hearing bad things about the port?)
Yeah still August 16. There's some controversy about the Grandia 1 port included, but most of it is irrelevant to new players except the fact that all 2D sprites have a smoothing filter applied to them which makes the overall game look quite uglier than the original, with apparently no option to turn it off.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah still August 16. There's some controversy about the Grandia 1 port included, but most of it is irrelevant to new players except the fact that all 2D sprites have a smoothing filter applied to them which makes the overall game look quite uglier than the original, with apparently no option to turn it off.

Still no word on price either right?

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Which one? The
Blooper?

Absolutely aggravating, and that stupid pole in the middle of the court was a terrible idea. He first beat me 2-1 in a long grueling match last night that had me steaming at how cheap the AI was behaving, but then in the rematch everything clicked and I swept all four games to beat him 2-0.

The key for me was to avoid his Zone Shots entirely. Don't attempt to return them and especially don't use Zone Speed, because you want as much of your energy gauge filled as possible to hit your own Zone Shots, which essentially guarantee an automatic point win. It's worth a try if you're still committed to progressing in the adventure mode. (I'm hoping to beat it before the trial expires, but I'm cutting it close...)
Yes, that's exactly the one:) if today wasn't the last day I might try again, but we'll see how much time I have this evening. I've pretty much excepted I should just move on

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I have nintendo online but never actually used it (lol) but I would certainly play snes games portable. Gimme Link to the Past and ill do that shit day 1, havent played it in ages.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
When do Nintendo games usually go up for Pre-orders? I just added 20$ to my account after getting some credit card rewards and went to pre-order Luigi's Mansion and noticed it was on the store but not possible to pre-order.

Obviously it's not a big deal if I can't pre-order right now (it's not gonna go anywhere lol) but I'm curious.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
When do Nintendo games usually go up for Pre-orders? I just added 20$ to my account after getting some credit card rewards and went to pre-order Luigi's Mansion and noticed it was on the store but not possible to pre-order.

Obviously it's not a big deal if I can't pre-order right now (it's not gonna go anywhere lol) but I'm curious.
It seems to vary wildly.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It'll go up for pre-purchase when the game is finished. Nintendo tends to sit on games until their specified release date, but once the game is completed it should become available for pre-purchase. Though I wouldn't expect Luigi's Mansion until sometime in September.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope Fell Seal is a midnight release because I have a 4 hour bus ride at 1am (!) and would love to play it during it :(

edit: seems to be because its up for sale, but I did the online check on my pre-order and cant play it >_<

Last edited:

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
RE: JAMESTOWN+

Someone last week said there developer closed down, but I searched online for any report on that and found nothing of the sort.

It was me. And yeah, they disbanded. Source: the founder on the Steam forums back in the day and recently on Twitter talking about the Switch release and new PC version.
Battery Staple Games is doing the legwork for the Switch port and Steam' complete + version (vanilla was available but the Plus (+) version content was never brought over from PS4 because that port didn't perform well to say the least, and unfortunately left them without the necessary resources to port such content back to the original PC release.

IIRC Final Form is working on a new project now, don't know if the (two?) og founders are both back tho.

Either way, I can't frakin' wait, JAMESTOWN is amazeballs :D

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
There was a game that recently released, kind of an odd action game with a striking aesthetic; characters and environments looked like they were scratched onto a black surface. Combat seemed to be a focus, there may have been RPG elements but I'm not sure, to be honest I was interested but didn't look into it very extensively. I saw mostly positive things about it but it didn't make a huge splash as far as I could tell. Based on that limited description, anyone able to come up with what the name of that game might be? Thank you!

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
There was a game that recently released, kind of an odd action game with a striking aesthetic; characters and environments looked like they were scratched onto a black surface. Combat seemed to be a focus, there may have been RPG elements but I'm not sure, to be honest I was interested but didn't look into it very extensively. I saw mostly positive things about it but it didn't make a huge splash as far as I could tell. Based on that limited description, anyone able to come up with what the name of that game might be? Thank you!
Lucah: Born of a Dream (NA only)
Switch_LucahBornOfADream_03.jpg

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

0t4S2GQ.png

<EDIT>I wonder if Nintendo will have made any changes to the controller design - it almost looks like there might be ZL and ZR buttons on the top edge? Or is that perhaps just a joycon docking rail like the NES versions? Not sure how that would work though in a Switch dock.

Tons of gaming sites are linking back to your post, you know. Congrats, you're famous! :P

And today I learned that Eurogamer calls this place "Restera". That's some quality journalism right there.

(Because I do indeed come here to rest. How did they know?)

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam

0t4S2GQ.png

Congrats on the exposé, great reporting!

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This is like the furthest from an eshop title but I saw the limited edition Psykyo Shooting Stars collector's boxes are available for preorder from NIS. I just thought I'd bring it up because there's usually decent talk about schmups. Anyone have any insight into which collection is "better?"

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
RE: Nisa's Psykio Shooting Stars ALPHA&BRAVO collections

This is like the furthest from an eshop title but I saw the limited edition Psykyo Shooting Stars collector's boxes are available for preorder from NIS. I just thought I'd bring it up because there's usually decent talk about schmups. Anyone have any insight into which collection is "better?"

They are both great honestly.
But especially Gunbird 1/2/Gunbarich give a slight edge to the BRAVO collection as far as I'm concerned. But really you can't go wrong with either (I mean the Strikers series and Dragon Blaze are all-time greats imo) and I wouldn't want to choose. I mean afaic both collections sport 5 games each, since both SENGOKU CANNON and SOL DIVIDE are pretty bad (ok, SC more so lol).

The main difference are the aesthetics (more than the artstyle, which is kinda similar at the end of the day) of the games in the two collections: futuristic/military for the ALPHA collection and feudal japan/steampunk/parody for the BRAVO collection, so I think you should just look at footage and choose based on which look you like more. And later buy the other collection too :P
There's a great selection of the former already so I think the latter is a bit more unique (as far as Switch offering go, since the feudal japan/steam-mecha theme as well as the "parody/weird" theme are both a staple of the genre (please Guwange on Switch, 'mmkay?).

Last edited:

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was me. And yeah, they disbanded. Source: the founder on the Steam forums back in the day and recently on Twitter talking about the Switch release and new PC version.
Battery Staple Games is doing the legwork for the Switch port and Steam' complete + version (vanilla was available but the Plus (+) version content was never brought over from PS4 because that port didn't perform well to say the least, and unfortunately left them without the necessary resources to port such content back to the original PC release.

IIRC Final Form is working on a new project now, don't know if the (two?) og founders are both back tho.
That sucks. At least there's still some activity there now, though. And, of course, it's great that this port is happening.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Okay folks, don't sleep on the Morphies Law sale.

I've not had a chance to try the Switch version yet, but I've played a few matches of the f2p PC version and it's a lot of fun. Yeah, it's no Overwatch, but it's really cheap right now (depending on your region) and the really high ttk means even someone as bad at FPS as me can have fun.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Okay folks, don't sleep on the Morphies Law sale.

I've not had a chance to try the Switch version yet, but I've played a few matches of the f2p PC version and it's a lot of fun. Yeah, it's no Overwatch, but it's really cheap right now (depending on your region) and the really high ttk means even someone as bad at FPS as me can have fun.

Listen to this person, Morphie's law is great. My only complain is actually the high TTK combined with weapons overheating. Not a big deal though, I just wished it was a tad faster.
Also, it is technically excellent, with rare drops below 60fps and a resolution perfectly acceptable in both docked and undocked mode. Quite admirable for an indie game.

Supau

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone who played PictoQuest finish with 99%? Driving me crazy that I can't figure out where that last 1% comes from.