• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
RE: Nisa's Psykio Shooting Stars ALPHA&BRAVO collections

They are both great honestly.
But especially Gunbird 1/2/Gunbarich give a slight edge to the BRAVO collection as far as I'm concerned. But really you can't go wrong with either (I mean the Strikers series and Dragon Blaze are all-time greats imo) and I wouldn't want to choose. I mean afaic both collections sport 5 games each, since both SENGOKU CANNON and SOL DIVIDE are pretty bad (ok, SC more so lol).

The main difference are the aesthetics (more than the artstyle, which is kinda similar at the end of the day) of the games in the two collections: futuristic/military for the ALPHA collection and feudal japan/steampunk/parody for the BRAVO collection, so I think you should just look at footage and choose based on which look you like more. And later buy the other collection too :P
There's a great selection of the former already so I think the latter is a bit more unique (as far as Switch offering go, since the feudal japan/steam-mecha theme as well as the "parody/weird" theme are both a staple of the genre (please Guwange on Switch, 'mmkay?).

Quoting myself because... ALL OF ZERODIV's PSYKIO releases have received an update to 1.3!!!
What could it be, maybe they've finally introduced ONLINE LEADERBOARDS? A legit no-blur scanlines filter?!? Early titles like Strikers given full controller customization?! OMG let's check...

they've got a BRAND NEW (drumroll.gif):
publisher's City Connection splash screen.

Yay.

giphy.gif

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
What are the best titles that are still exclusive to a specific region? I'm still pissed I can't figure out how to access this "magical" HK/Asian eShop with jp/eng releases like SUPER ROBOT WARS T and the upcoming SUPER ROBOT WARS V.
I don't think there is one. Logging into HK eshop shows no games. I think you have to go physical for that stuff.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Many times mainly because of how poorly it runs on the big boy systems so this port is... very wait and see.
The code has been moved and rewritten from Unreal 3 to Unreal 4:
The Astronauts lead tech artist noted in today's announcement: "Moving to Unreal Engine's new version was a challenge and many parts of the codes were written from the scratch, but it was worth it. Nice thing about Unreal Engine 4 is how it can scale, so the engine works great on Nintendo Switch."
Also (not performance related),
Players may also notice a bigger font, which makes reading easier in the handheld mode.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RE: JAMESTOWN+

It was me. And yeah, they disbanded. Source: the founder on the Steam forums back in the day and recently on Twitter talking about the Switch release and new PC version.
Battery Staple Games is doing the legwork for the Switch port and Steam' complete + version (vanilla was available but the Plus (+) version content was never brought over from PS4 because that port didn't perform well to say the least, and unfortunately left them without the necessary resources to port such content back to the original PC release.

IIRC Final Form is working on a new project now, don't know if the (two?) og founders are both back tho.

Either way, I can't frakin' wait, JAMESTOWN is amazeballs :D

Wait does that mean the PC version is getting the plus content? Hooray!

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Did anyone pick up Friday 13th, reading a review. The reviewer noted he allready was struggling to find full matches

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any impressions of Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark? Been fiending for a good FFtactics like game on the switch and this looks promising.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Did anyone pick up Friday 13th, reading a review. The reviewer noted he allready was struggling to find full matches

I got an early code and there weren't enough people playing pre-release for matches to fill up. Depends on when this person reviewed the game. It's not cross-play so it couldn't take advantage of a player population on another platform. I played yesterday and last night and got full games without any issue.

The port is nice, though the game has occasional bugginess (as do the other versions of the game, so it's not Switch-specific necessarily). I have a couple small issues with it like - the game uses Switch-standard A/B button cancel/confirm in menus but in gameplay it's reversed where A is cancel. Game doesn't support the Switch's built-in clip recording. And the game will intermittently lose my counselor/Jason preferences.

So, hopefully they do some more work on it. But what's there is still pretty good.

Last edited:

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

Fucking awful.
Will ACA BUBBLE BOBBLE keep its PS4's exclusive status then?
Can't see them trying to sell this crap for €29,99/39,99 (it's my guess, nothing official) while dropping the og BB for €6,99.
Goddamn... at least give us ACA Liquid Kids then.

This and Wonderboy Returns+ releasing, when both og games have an ACA release exclusive to PS4 are such low blows goddamnit

At least give us a freakin BUBBLE BOBBLE Collection with the sequels and 🌈 🏝 + ⛱⭐ + 💬🎵
If done right I can easily drop €50 on it.
Hell, I'd love a CE of such never-gonna-happen BB Collection.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I've realized there's no reason to preorder Spyro trilogy when I won't get a discount, may as well wait for the reviews

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least give us a freakin BUBBLE BOBBLE Collection with the sequels and 🌈 🏝 + ⛱⭐ + 💬🎵
If done right I can easily drop €50 on it.
Hell, I'd love a CE of such never-gonna-happen BB Collection.
Eh, I'm not sure how much I could stand Taito making another cool collection and then making it another awful release with specific retailer pre-order exclusive and expensive edition exclusive games. And no digital version. Yet again.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
AFAIK, there is a HK store, it's just a web store exclusively rather than in-device.
There is. It's a webstore, you can't access it directly from the Switch. It launched a couple months ago.
I meant there's no eShop store on the Switch, just a page to redeem codes.

I know there's a HK website (https://store.nintendo.com.hk/). Still no "SEA" store though, which I think is what Dash is really after.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I know most are busy with Fire Emblem, but if you are looking for more of a Final Fantasy Tactics type of SRPG, then this may be of interest:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah still August 16. There's some controversy about the Grandia 1 port included, but most of it is irrelevant to new players except the fact that all 2D sprites have a smoothing filter applied to them which makes the overall game look quite uglier than the original, with apparently no option to turn it off.
Hard pass.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Any impressions of Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark? Been fiending for a good FFtactics like game on the switch and this looks promising.

Well I bought on PC last week and played around 6 hours. So far I love it. Hand drawn backgrounds that are stunning, interesting weird story, class change system that is addictive as hell, really nice music. It reminds me of FF Tactics in a good way. I have played very few strategy games that have made me feel that way.

Not sure on Switch performance but the actual game is wonderful if you like tactical TBS games :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I bought in PC last week and played around 6 hours. So far I love it. Hand drawn backgrounds that are stunning, interesting weird story, class change system that is addictive as hell, really nice music. It reminds me of FF Tactics in a good way. I have played berth fee strategy games that have made me feel that way.

Not sure on Switch performance but the actual game is wonderful if you like tactical TBS games :)
I think there's probably two things I think that makes FFtactics great and diff from strategy games like fire emblem the firs is the map design. Maps in Tactics are tighter and character skills are made to interact with the map in various ways which makes them feel more like a playground rather than a puzzle. The second is the level of customization your get over your units with the Jobs systems. Coming up with combos builds team synergies and strategies are a big part of the loop.

Does Fell Seal hit any of these for you?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I think there's probably two things I think that makes FFtactics great and diff from strategy games like fire emblem the firs is the map design. Maps in Tactics are tighter and character skills are made to interact with the map in various ways which makes them feel more like a playground rather than a puzzle. The second is the level of customization your get over your units with the Jobs systems. Coming up with combos builds team synergies and strategies are a big part of the loop.

Does Fell Seal hit any of these for you?

Hmm I have not played enough maps yet to see playground effects but they are tightly designed so far and challenging. Maybe someone else here can comment on that.

As far as classes go I think it's great, and deep. You can change classes almost anytime, and when you do you can equip a sub job and with that access up to 2 passive abilities and 1 counter (you unlock these on a job's skill tree). Combined with having access to the abilities/spells of the subjob it gets crazy. You can equip the 2 passives and counter from ANY you have learned across all your classes. Say I'm a wizard main and have also leveled a healer and a thief. I can equip the healer as a subjob then select on a separate line any 2 passives I know and 1 counter ability so if the thief had a passive for giving me 20% health I could use that. Basically it's more than just equipping a subjob you can dabble in other classes and really start mixing and matching.
Synergies - yes I have seen a little if that so far but I'm early. It seems like this game will shine with synergies at higher levels.
I'd watch a couple videos and see if all of this looks good in practice to you. I'm just so n love with the game so I may be biased!!

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Ah man, I'm almost ashamed at how excited I am for Panstu Hunter. I mean, a VN dating sim with a 90s anime astetic?

Sign me the heck up!

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Anodyne has any performance issues on Switch? I know it has kinda choppy scrolling, but is there anything else? I could swear something else was mentioned in one of the eShop threads, but nothing shows up when using the search function.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Does anyone know if Anodyne has any performance issues on Switch? I know it has kinda choppy scrolling, but is there anything else? I could swear something else was mentioned in one of the eShop threads, but nothing shows up when using the search function.
Something was mentioned when it came out, indeed. Tried going to the relevant month (or two) and just search the name without additional words?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Even more evidence is piling up for incoming SNES games on NSO:

And as expected, it looks like we'll need to pay extra to play them.

I can already hear the collective outrage of a thousand Twitter accounts right now...

🏆👌🥴👍

that's an old mistranslation of adding value to the service that went through the discussion gauntlet when this first sprung up.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I am still catching up on E3 shit that slipped through the cracks.

**Available in 2020 on Nintendo Switch!** Spiritfarer is a cozy management game about dying. You play Stella, ferrymaster to the deceased, a Spiritfarer. Build a boat to explore the world, then befriend and care for spirits before finally releasing them into the afterlife. Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, and craft your way across mystical seas. Join the adventure as Daffodil the cat, in two-player cooperative play. Spend relaxing quality time with your spirit passengers, create lasting memories, and, ultimately, learn how to say goodbye to your cherished friends. What will you leave behind?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
that's an old mistranslation of adding value to the service that went through the discussion gauntlet when this first sprung up.

Tweet was getting some traction on the Switch subreddit. Apparently myself and many others have a poor memory. lol

I still stand by my prediction that they'll charge more for SNES games. What I'm not sure about though is by how much. +$5 or +$10, take your pick. I'm leaning towards $10, because NinTENdo. (Sorry.)

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, it's got the choppy scrolling during screen transitions, but also any time text is on the screen too, including menus. I liked the game a lot but honestly I'd recommend playing it on another platform if you have the option. It's not unplayable, but it kinda gave me a headache and just sorta felt generally bad and made me not want to explore quite as much... and the issue is rooted in the fact that the game being built in Flash and isn't going to be fixable.
I didn't see any other notable performance issues though, the moment-to-moment action was totally smooth.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even more evidence is piling up for incoming SNES games on NSO:

And as expected, it looks like we'll need to pay extra to play them.

I can already hear the collective outrage of a thousand Twitter accounts right now...

🏆👌🥴👍

Yeah, this is something a small crowd of us have been trying to hammer home to the starry-eyed dreamers.

Historically, everything Nintendo has done points to them charging seperately for each console. What an absurd value it would be to only have to pay $20/year to access all of Nintendo's best games across their catalogue. There was never any chance of that, look how stingy they are with the damn NES games!

Also, if you pay close attention to the language used when this service came about and its future was commented on you could read this between the lines.

I assume each console will have its own app and price and bundles will be offered.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Yeah, this is something a small crowd of us have been trying to hammer home to the starry-eyed dreamers.

Historically, everything Nintendo has done points to them charging seperately for each console. What an absurd value it would be to only have to pay $20/year to access all of Nintendo's best games across their catalogue. There was never any chance of that, look how stingy they are with the damn NES games!

Also, if you pay close attention to the language used when this service came about and its future was commented on you could read this between the lines.

I assume each console will have its own app and price and bundles will be offered.

Yep, agree with everything you said. It would be one of the most consumer-friendly moves they've ever done if they include SNES games for free as part of the standard NSO sub, which is why it won't ever happen.

Personally, as someone who very rarely plays Switch online, I'm satisfied with NSO so far. Save Data Cloud gives me peace of mind (although that should be free for every Switch owner regardless of sub), Tetris 99 is fun to jump into every time there's a promotional event, and I've logged over 40 hours into the NES hub and discovered some new favorites that I never really gave a chance before and put a bunch of hours into like Dr. Mario, Ninja Gaiden, and Tecmo Bowl. And now they're doing these week-long full game trials which are incredible for people like me who only buy ~10% of first-party games but are still interested in the other ones (just not enough to buy outright).

Even if NSO jumps up to an optional $30/year with the inclusion of SNES, I'd still consider it a good value, but I'm sure a huge amount of angry keyboard warriors will vehemently disagree. Oh well. :)

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I agree with this. I don't think the price of NSO is going to increase though (at least not yet). Instead, NES will remain part of NSO and other platforms will be available via a separate subscription. And like you said, a slightly discounted bundle plan featuring both subscriptions will be offered.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree with this. I don't think the price of NSO is going to increase though (at least not yet). Instead, NES will remain part of NSO and other platforms will be available via a separate subscription. And like you said, a slightly discounted bundle plan featuring both subscriptions will be offered.
It's a no-brainer. NES is the lowest-value library they have to offer so of course it will remain a part of the default bundle with NSO.

I'm really curious what the price will be for each system. $10/year? $20? How much do they see the NES app as a "loss-leader" or "mega-value?" They charged twice as much for VC N64 games as they did VC NES games. Will Nintendo therefore view the potential N64 app as being twice as valuable as the NES app?

I could see some people saying these potential added costs are asking a lot because they already sub to NSO, but honestly it's not a bad deal at all and most people would be likely to agree if NSO wasn't even a part of the equation to compare relative value.

Would you pay $20 just for a SNES version of the app?

The most important difference, IMO, is that NES was not a factor for a lot of people subbing to NSO. You need online, it comes with online. It's considered "added value." Bonus.

But with SNES, boy, they better come out strong with a good chunk of games at launch.

I foresee $50-60 bundles when all is said and done. Their version of Plus and GWG.

Oh, one other bit of speculation but I also think these apps will be brought over to whatever next gen hardware they make. Switch will ramp up the systems and libraries and by the time the next gen comes they'll have those $60 bundles ready for day 1. Which is to say, i don't think we'll see a reset with the next gen like we did with VC and obviously cross-buy/legacy upgrades are not a factor.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
100% PictoQuest and I'll mirror what everyone said, cute and serviceable Picross game where you can (and will) mostly ignore the "light rpg" mechanics. It has a good number of puzzles and more importantly its priced correctly, for $10 (or 8.50 of you got it at launch) it scratches the itch.