• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
The Witcher III is already up for preload?

Yeah.
I'll get it physical tho, if only to let my wallet talk how cool it is that someone else is finally using a 32GB card and fitting everything in it. Unless they're pushing a big/essential week1 patch to fix something

I think that this is a game to definitely get physical. It's a 28GB download from the eShop before any patches. That's a huge chunk of your Micro SD.

The eShop page even warns that you must have a Micro SD as the game is too big for the Switch's internal memory.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Okay, just one more post to follow up my original about FAR: Lone Sails.

I finished it this morning and it is possibly my favorite game I played all year. I LOVED it to bits, holy shit.

The feeling of having your ship (?) running smoothly at max speed and maintaining all the elements is so damn cool and organic feeling. Same with the way you come across the upgrades.

What a beautiful, beautiful game.

The final bit/ending were amazing.

Again, I have no idea how I never even heard of it before, but I'm so glad it came to the Switch(where I tend to play more and notice games these days) and I took a shot on it.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm done with the first hotline Miami. Yeah the music is amazing, no doubt about it.
That being said, i have two remarks/questions.
Is it me who sucks, or does the game controls like ass? Firstly, you can't reassign the controls. Wtf is that R button shooting thing?! And since I tend to be tensed during intense firefights, I often auto locked enemies by clicking on the sticks without wanting it, fucking up my aim. I know that dying a lot is part of the game, but it often felt that the controls were not up to the task of what the game is requiring me to do.
My second remarks concerns the unlockable weapons. I don't know if that's a bug, but there are many weapons that I unlocked and never saw.

Despite those (big) issues, I couldn't get enough of the game. I'm looking forward to starting the second.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'm done with the first hotline Miami. Yeah the music is amazing, no doubt about it.

If you loved the music in the first game, you might love the second even more. The latter really surprised me because the worse overall critical reception tempered my expectations, but there's no doubt that the soundtrack totally slays.

That being said, i have two remarks/questions.
Is it me who sucks, or does the game controls like ass? Firstly, you can't reassign the controls. Wtf is that R button shooting thing?! And since I tend to be tensed during intense firefights, I often auto locked enemies by clicking on the sticks without wanting it, fucking up my aim. I know that dying a lot is part of the game, but it often felt that the controls were not up to the task of what the game is requiring me to do.

Hotline Miami took me a while to get fully accustomed to its controls and it wasn't until years after I played it the first time when I returned to it did I feel like I was close to mastering them. Have you tried locking-on to enemies by tapping on the touchscreen? Granted, that might be a cumbersome option due to the physical size of the Switch versus the smaller profile of the Vita, but it's worth a try. Something else to note is that the lock-on is improved in the sequel, for what it's worth.

My second remarks concerns the unlockable weapons. I don't know if that's a bug, but there are many weapons that I unlocked and never saw.

Some weapons spawn very rarely (like the Silenced Pistol, for example), so it could be likely that you just didn't encounter them by sheer luck.

I'm not sure if the rarer drop rates were decreased in HM2, but the method of unlocking weapons to begin with is based almost entirely on simply clearing chapters regardless of score, instead of every 50k cumulative points as done in HM1. That change might've been for the best.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was done with the HLM games but I got the itch again yesterday and started hard mode on the second despite promising myself I wouldn't subject myself to that again lol. It was surprisingly smooth sailing, but I stopped once I made it to a stage I vividly remember being hell (Dead Ahead).

I've found your skills on these games can last for a long while. I platinumed both like 5 years ago and while HLM1 had already become easy after playing 2 for the first time, I still feared some of the levels in 2 and... Yeah still got it lol. I beat both games in two sittings.

Speaking of controls, I think they're as good as they can be with joycons. I originally played these on Vita which has less buttons and that was kind of awkward for some actions, but Switch seems fine to me. One thing tho is that I hate how imprecise dropping and picking up weapons is, especially in HLM1; I died more times than I should have because my characters didn't pick up a weapon fast enough to kill the guy coming in my direction.

I'm also pretty disappointed that they seemed to simply port the console versions without fixing any of the known issues. Both games still have the very same glitches I remember from 5 years ago :/ Also odd that HLM2 seems to have achievement prompts hard coded despite the game having no list of them lmao. This makes sense on PS platforms because you can just go to the trophies menu outside of the game, but here you can unlock them and yet there's no way to keep track of which one you got or are missing let alone read the requirements lmao.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, it might be worth mentioning that it turns out River City Girls will NOT HAVE ONLINE CO-OP. First Double Dragon Neon, now this. Doesn't affect my purchase, but given the genre, this might be info worth knowing when getting the game.

Icey

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up, it might be worth mentioning that it turns out River City Girls will NOT HAVE ONLINE CO-OP. First Double Dragon Neon, now this. Doesn't affect my purchase, but given the genre, this might be info worth knowing when getting the game.

Will it have couch coop? After dragon marked for death unfortunately I have to ask that.

Deleted member 59

I started Cat Quest on Friday after picking it up when it was in sale, and my god, Cat Quest 2 is now one of my most anticipated games of the rest of the year! I'm having plenty of fun with this. Love the presentation and the gameplay loop, even if it is often very simple and samey.

All the cat/fur/mew puns on the locations, the names etc are great. Just a really jolly game.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 26 - Deadlings - All In Games - $7.99/€7.99 (Preorder sale: €7.19) - 1.5 GB *08/27 on NA*
    --
  • 27 - Eight-Minute Empire: Complete Edition - Acram - $14.99/€14.99 (Preorder sale: $12.74) - 273 MB
  • 27 - ESport Manager - Ultimate Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 350 MB
    --
  • 28 - Whipseey and the Lost Atlas - Blowfish Studios - $5.99/€5.99 (Preorder sale: $5.39/€5.39) - 338 MB
  • 28 - AER Memories of Old - Daedalic GmbH - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.0 GB
  • 28 - Hookbots - Tree Interactive - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.4 GB
  • 28 - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s - Sometimes You - $12.99/€12.99 (Preorder sale: $11.04/€11.04) - 252 MB
    --
  • 29 - Heave Ho - Le Cartel/Devolver Digital - $9.99/€9.99 (Preorder sale: $8.99/€8.99) - 779 MB
  • 29 - Decay of Logos - Amplify Creations/Rising Star Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.5 GB
  • 29 - Vambrace Cold Soul - Headup Games - $24.99/€24.99 (Preorder sale: $22.49/€22.49) - 3.0 GB
  • 29 - Damascus Gear Saikyo EXODUS - Arc System Works - $19.99/€18.99 (Preorder sale: $17.99/€17.09) - 2.5 GB
  • 29 - Wilmot's Warehouse - Finji - $14.99/€13.99 - 104 MB
  • 29 - The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game - Asmodee Digital
  • 29 - Brunch Club - Yogscast - $14.49/€12.99 (Preorder sale: $11.59) - 166 MB
  • 29 - Bubsy: Paws on Fire! - Choice Provisions/UFO Interactive - $24.99/€24.99 - 1.9 GB
  • 29 - Agent A – Gisou no Puzzle - YAK - $14.99/€12.99 (Preorder sale: $13.49) - 470 MB
  • 29 - Omen Exitio: Plague - Forever Ent. - $8.99 - 601 MB
  • 29 - Invasion of Alien X - Earth in Crisis - Double Drive Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 703 MB
  • 29 - Grand Brix Shooter - Intragames - $9.99/€9.99 - 2.8 GB
  • 29 - Little Racer - All In Games - $15.99/€15.99 (Preorder sale: $14.39) - 311 MB
    --
  • 30 - The Ninja Saviors: The Return of the Warrior - Natsume/ININ Games - €19.99 - 669 MB *10/15 on NA*
  • 30 - Root Letter: Last Answer - PQube - €29.99 - 4.5 GB *09/03 on NA*
  • 30 - Headspun - Wales Interactive - $12.99 - 4.2 GB
  • 30 - FUZE4 Nintendo Switch - Fuze Technologies - $39.99/€34.99 - 3.7 GB
  • 30 - Astral Chain - Platinum Games/Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 9.6 GB

- Japan

• 27 - Hideo Densetsu Akatsuki no Kiseki Mobile - Userjoy Japan - Free-to-Play
  • 29 - Dead or School - Studio Nanafushi - ¥2,916
  • 29 - Omega Vampire - Prototype - ¥5,600
  • 29 - Raspberry Cube - iMel - ¥4,298
  • 29 - Boku to Kanojo no Kenshuu Nisshi - Entergram - ¥1,980
  • 29 - Tonari ni Kanojo no Iru Shiawase ~Two Farce~ - Entergram - ¥1,980
  • 29 - Brothers Conflict: Precious Baby - Idea Factory - ¥7,344
  • 30 - Towaware no Palm - Capcom - ¥3,990

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Last Day of June is 50% off in EU (as usual sales start to trickle in before being officially announced later in the week)

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
What are some good pages to buy American eshop codes? (Also, do they work in the mexican eshop?)
Just found out about the huge discount in Superbeat Xonic in the US eshop, and I saw a tutorial about using an Mexican Paypal account to use my spanish credit card, but everytime I try to link it to my account it gives me an error, so I'm going with plan B.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone please tell me whether or not Slay the Spire has been discounted in the EU yet? I've been playing it on Xbox through GP and it is amazing and I'll definitely buy it on Switch but I'm looking at the release date which was apparently in June (I have not been following the game too much so I'm not 100% sure of things about it) and I'm thinking that it is bound to go on sale so if it hasn't been already since it's been a few months, and since it's also on sale right now on PS4.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone please tell me whether or not Slay the Spire has been discounted in the EU yet? I've been playing it on Xbox through GP and it is amazing and I'll definitely buy it on Switch but I'm looking at the release date which was apparently in June (I have not been following the game too much so I'm not 100% sure of things about it) and I'm thinking that it is bound to go on sale so if it hasn't been already since it's been a few months, and since it's also on sale right now on PS4.
Nope, it hasn't been on sale yet:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
SolSeraph is on sale, anyone have any impressions? On the one hand, a spiritual ActRaiser sequel sounds awesome, but the reviews seem middling at best.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
BTW, Target has 20% off on all the digital games they sell on those little cards. Not revolutionary by any means but it's good on DLC like the Smash pass (20) and the Octo Expansion for Splatoon (16). Amazon also pricematched both of those.

Also the online family pass is on sale again for 20% off at Target (the Prime free year doesn't apply to family accounts so figured I'd bring it up)

The Marvel Ultimate Alliance pass isn't on sale and is not in any store near me so I'm not even sure they came out with a card for it. Same with Cadence of Hyrule.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Not sure if this was posted before but Jet Kave Adventure got a new trailer. Should be interesting for DKC fans.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
BTW, Target has 20% off on all the digital games they sell on those little cards. Not revolutionary by any means but it's good on DLC like the Smash pass (20) and the Octo Expansion for Splatoon (16). Amazon also pricematched both of those.

Also the online family pass is on sale again for 20% off at Target (the Prime free year doesn't apply to family accounts so figured I'd bring it up)

The Marvel Ultimate Alliance pass isn't on sale and is not in any store near me so I'm not even sure they came out with a card for it.
Same with Cadence of Hyrule.
They have a digital version in their online shop, though?

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hey, guys! Shining Resonance Refrain is 40% off!

Yes, that Shining game that has basically nothing in common with the classic Shining Force games!

Yes, that Shining game with boobs all over the place!

Yes, that Shining game with anime characters, anime sucks, anime this, anime that!

Yes, that Shining game with...

E5aMcA4.jpg

... this kind of stuff!

And you know what?

>>> === I T ' S S U P E R F U N ! ! ! === <<<

I bought the game on sale last year and loved it to death! And I'm not even a big anime fan!

I've posted extensively about it. If you're interested in a good Action RPG that allows you to customize character builds, craft stuff and grind until the end of time in the awesome endless dungeon generator included in the game, please read my post
here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Absolutely nothing can quench OrakioRob's undying obsession with Shining Resonance Refrain. It only grows stronger the more the price lowers. He's even using bolded font now to stan for it.

Next he'll be giving game codes away for free to anyone that confesses their unrequited love for Kirika.

I pre-purchased it last year and I still haven't played it beyond the demo. Woe is my backlog. :'(

Oct 28, 2017
Even if Shining Resonance Refrain was 80/90% off I would tell people to avoid it like the plague. There wasn't a single point in the game were I thought I was having "fun".

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda hoping that Doom 64 rating leak is legit... I've been playing more Doom (1) and its such great fun still after all these years. A couple of levels of the second chapter weren't my favourites (the second one - based in the large area with tons of boxes is up there with one in Doom 2 as least fun to navigate for me). But the enemy count in the second chapter, with Kako Demons appearing makes things nice and challenging, and hey the Plasma Rifle rocks! Started chapter 3 (Inferno) today and after a shaky second level (uh oh, I run out of ammo!) things are now much smoother. So yeah, please release Doom 64 for Switch, I'd buy it!

Anyway, also finished Tiny Barbarian this week. Its bloody hard in places, but fantastic at the same time. Its an old school action platformer - felt closest to the old Ninja Gaiden NES games in gameplay. The first scenario is fairly simple but things definitely start getting tougher in the second one (damn wasps....) but its the third chapter where playtime ends and it really starts channeling NG proper. Bats/birds swooping at you, some pretty crazy platform ascent levels. Then you have the final chapter which has some awesome changes (different character with completely different weapon which flips the gameplay on its head) and some pretty damn tough end of game bosses. Its a pity the game doesn't seem to get talked about as much, its a fantastic indie platformer that deserves more attention.

Oh, and I gave the DQ11 demo a try. Never actually played a DQ game before (not much for RPGs) but I like it. Looks pretty damn good on the handheld screen and gameplay seems fun so far. Not a day 1 buy, but definitely something I'll look to get down the road.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It is. The rating is legit. It's just a matter of Bethesda actually putting a game out or if they just submitted a broad "cover all bases" rating for their DOOM catalog titles.
Well I'm impatient and want Bethesda to release it now ;) Well... maybe in October, my September is looking packed at the moment!

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Well I'm impatient and want Bethesda to release it now ;) Well... maybe in October, my September is looking packed at the moment!
The most likely thing or things I guess are that its either tied into another DOOM Eternal pre-release PR bump (since the lore in 64 is canon) [also note that they mentioned in their "internet login fix" patchnotes that there were and are plans to tie that login into their Slayer's Club portal and there would be further updates on that so they are clearly not done with actively supporting their classic re-releases and adding another lost one to the list would make perfect sense] and/or into a wild Smash crossover announcement. So a September or October announcement for anything related to that DOOM64 rating is what we're waiting on. Don't let us down, Bethesda. Connected to the internet or not.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Even if Shining Resonance Refrain was 80/90% off I would tell people to avoid it like the plague. There wasn't a single point in the game were I thought I was having "fun".

Lol ^_^

Yeah, there is a lot of hate for Shining Resonane Refrain (see? bolded again!) and I get why some people dislike it. However, there is a lot to love about the game. I could talk for 30 minutes non-stop about why I think the game is great... and I actually did it!

I should definitely make English versions of my videos. They're useless to almost all of my ERA friends. Well, I'll leave my 30 minute Portuguese rambling about the game here anyway in an attempt to move sleepless_swan and make him reconsider his (WRONG! VERY WRONG!) opinion on the game :P

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
+1 for the Shining Resonance Refrain hype. The game is legit.
Hopefully Sega brings back more rpg IP with action battle systems and anime tropes.

Oct 28, 2017
Lol ^_^

Yeah, there is a lot of hate for Shining Resonane Refrain (see? bolded again!) and I get why some people dislike it. However, there is a lot to love about the game. I could talk for 30 minutes non-stop about why I think the game is great... and I actually did it!

I should definitely make English versions of my videos. They're useless to almost all of my ERA friends. Well, I'll leave my 30 minute Portuguese rambling about the game here anyway in an attempt to move sleepless_swan and make him reconsider his (WRONG! VERY WRONG!) opinion on the game :P

First things first I'm not a guy (it's even on my profile) and second of all you won't move my opinion of the game, I've played it and could very easily list everything that's wrong with it.
- All the characters are boring and one-dimentional with questionable voice acting (English) throughout.
- Story is fairly generic.
- There are a lot of useless fetch quests and "kill this monster" quests incorporated into the story for arbitrary reasons.
- The ally AI is completely braindead, with your healers often running into obvious danger even if they're set to heal only.
- There is only one town in the game, which is pretty small and littered with fetch quests (many times NPCs will repeat the quests they give you).
- You will be running through the same areas over and over again since all of your quests start from this area.
- The "dating" mechanic is pretty disappointing, repeating the same scenes over and over.
- Many of the bosses are damage sponges, and a couple of the dragon fights spam aoe status effects over the entire field so you can't escape from it.

I could list more but I'll leave it at that, I will say that the combat had some potential had the enemies not been either stupidly easy or sponges. You're free to enjoy the game and that's good for you but you're definitely in the minority from what I've seen.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Not 100% confirmed for Switch yet, but let's be real here: It's a compilation of Nintendo GBA/DS Mega Man games. Nuff said. I'm still waiting for that Disney Afternoon Collection port, Capcom...

Having the classic Mega Man series, X series, and now Zero/ZX series all easily accessible on a portable system is downright amazing.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if we got a Direct next week with this and an Overwatch announcement.

Either way, hell yes, I already have the DS collection and both ZX games, but a compilation that has them all, enhanced in some ways and readily available for new fans is very welcome. That VS speedrun mode looks awesome too.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
but where's my battle network collection of all 32 games?

Never played the Zero games despite having the DS collection (barely made it into the first game until I found out you can't replay a stage if you get a game over on it & I dropped it), really been meaning to play ZX Advent after playing the original in high school.

Also Sept. continuing to be packed with Mario Kart Tour hitting mobile the 25th.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if we got a Direct next week with this and an Overwatch announcement.

Either way, hell yes, I already have the DS collection and both ZX games, but a compilation that has them all, enhanced in some ways and readily available for new fans is very welcome. That VS speedrun mode looks awesome too.
Have there been signs of Overwatch coming or is that just a random guess?