• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Blasphemous store page is up, 24.99 no pre-order discount :(

More new (early) EU deals:

Binding of Isaac + and Cave Story + are 50%. Crystal Crisis is 25% off.

Redout is 25% off, Tiny BArbarian DX is 66% off (I played some of this on PC it was pretty good)

Blade Strangers and Code of Princess EX are 50% off, Ikaruga is 33% off.

Remi Lore and Umihara Kawase Fresh are 25% off, The End if Night is 66% off

Oh this is the Nicalis sale that NA also has I guess.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm just about ready to buy Ringo Ishikawa. Anyone want to sell me on it to push me over the edge?

I've seen it described as a Shenmue-like where it's about living Ringo's life and experiencing his and his friends stories, where you get to decide how to act and how things play out, but that there's very little direction. Is it on the level of mid-90s adventure game mind screw puzzles where a bad ending waits because you didn't click on the right pixel?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ringo is directionless in the sense that it throws you into the world with no purpose or objective, but advancing the plot is very simple, you just have to trigger events with your friends by waking into the correct screens at the right time frame and day of the week. None of these are missable permanently (if the next event is only available on weekdays and you miss it every day until it's weekend, you can trigger it on Monday), there are no puzzles and there's no bad ending.

You can play the game however you want and the story will progress naturally so long as you don't deliberately avoid areas of the game (mainly the school). Oh and having your friends tag along blocks their events for as long as they follow you , so make sure to only have them join you when you really need it.

I got stuck for a while because I routinely made all my friends join me at the beginning of everyday.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ringo is directionless in the sense that it throws you into the world with no purpose or objective, but advancing the plot is very simple, you just have to trigger events with your friends by waking into the correct screens at the right time frame and day of the week. None of these are missable permanently (if the next event is only available on weekdays and you miss it every day until it's weekend, you can trigger it on Monday), there are no puzzles and there's no bad ending.

You can play the game however you want and the story will progress naturally so long as you don't deliberately avoid areas of the game (mainly the school). Oh and having your friends tag along blocks their events for as long as they follow you , so make sure to only have them join you when you really need it.

I got stuck for a while because I routinely made all my friends join me at the beginning of everyday.

Thanks. I want some direction but I don't want to glue myself to a guide my playthrough.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
since it's still on sale, and im like 75% done, I'm gonna go ahead and say Blossom Tale is a legit zelda-like and well worth the purchase. I bought both it and Oceanhorn for my pre-Link zelda fixes, and finished Oceanhorn, and even tho I actually really enjoy Oceanhorn (I had already played a lot of it on PC before), if I had to recomend a Zelda-like without question, it's Blossom Tale.

Just a fantastic clone all around, with probably the only negative being that its too easy, but I for one dont really look for challenge in Zelda games (at least not combat challenge), and it has the added bonus of looking great on the smaller Switch screen, as the blocky graphics really bothered me on a big PC monitor for example.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played Ringo Ishikawa for about half an hour and I'm immediately hooked.

The game opens up mid-brawl and forces you to wait for the train to stop before you get off, and I don't know how to describe it but I loved it. It felt so lived-in, that I was in a real place.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's one of its strongest point. The town feels very much like a real place and the NPCs like real people and not just window dressing. The lack of direction, tutorials, etc also fits very well with the main themes of the story.

The more cinematic sequences are fantastic too, although there aren't many.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Is the combat in Ringo Ishikawa very fun? Or is there a whole lot of it? I generally don't enjoy side-scrolling beat-em-ups at all really but everything else about that game sounds amazing...

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It's just one preview, but Paul Tamayo of Kotaku has put out his impressions of Creature in the Well. He calls the game "sadistic," "brutally difficult," "demoralizing" and says that it revels "in its cruel difficulty in ways that dry up a lot of the fun."

I will of course look out for more impressions before deciding to pass on the game, but for me personally, this really puts a significant damper on my excitement. As someone who loves Breakout-style gameplay (you could find me in this very monthly thread stanning Strikey Sisters a while back) and good art direction, I've been super into Creature since its reveal. But I have absolutely zero interest in games with that sort of difficulty.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lessee if I want to get all the games on my wishlist...

Ringo Ishikawa, FFVIII and either River City Girls or Blasphemous makes $90 or the equivalent of one retail price CAD game.

Then there's Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Link's Awakening which are never going down in price. That's $270.

Plus Panzer Dragoon which I'm assuming will be about $60.

Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina and Dragon Quest XI will probably eventually go down in price so I can wait. Let's say about $200 for the three of them.

Altogether that's over $600 for 10 games. Plus DOOM Eternal and Outer Worlds but I figure if I wait a couple months those will reach like $50 on PS4.

Is the combat in Ringo Ishikawa very fun? Or is there a whole lot of it? I generally don't enjoy side-scrolling beat-em-ups at all really but everything else about that game sounds amazing...

I've only played a little bit so far so I can't really judge it, but at least at the start it's super basic and you get steamrolled by large gangs. You can power yourself up and learn new techniques.

It's hard to explain, but I love the feel of the combat. It's not nearly as chaotically violent and exuberant as, say, River City Ransom. It's slow, it's weighty, it's done in a very linear fashion. It feels a lot more real and involved than your typical beat em' up.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've reached critical mass on my backlog.

I literally don't know where to start.

The Switch has an amazing library... but at what cost?

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this day would never come. The Mario+Rabbids season pass by itself is on sale for 33% off in the US eShop.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
It's just one preview, but Paul Tamayo of Kotaku has put out his impressions of Creature in the Well. He calls the game "sadistic," "brutally difficult," "demoralizing" and says that it revels "in its cruel difficulty in ways that dry up a lot of the fun."

I will of course look out for more impressions before deciding to pass on the game, but for me personally, this really puts a significant damper on my excitement. As someone who loves Breakout-style gameplay (you could find me in this very monthly thread stanning Strikey Sisters a while back) and good art direction, I've been super into Creature since its reveal. But I have absolutely zero interest in games with that sort of difficulty.

Ugh this is upsetting to read. I was quite looking forward to this game as well, but overly difficult games are not my thing.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
People need to stop saying "NINTENDO PUBLISHED GAMES NEVER GO ON SALE" as this is not true in the slightest anymore.

They never go on DEEP sales, this is true. But they are 33% off (aka $40/40€) all the time, especially during the bigger sales like summer or E3 or xmas.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Need impressions on torchlight 2 bad, mainly how it runs portable. Diablo 3 was made with satan juice apparently, that port is amazing so im hoping TL2 holds up, I already have wallet money ready.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

Ugh I'm disappointed to read that. I should have waited before preloading this.
It looks so cool, but currently I don't have gaming time for a masochistic experience...

Dupy

Oct 31, 2017

Damn what a buzzkill, I was really looking forward to that one. On the plus side I had no idea Strikey Sisters was a thing. Going to download the demo!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
There's a Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Lite free download now, seems like a trial with the first 5 story chapters, online and some other modes.

Good to see how the switch version runs at least.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's a shame the game looks really cool.
I guess it's too late since I already pre-ordered it.
Although in the giant bomb quick look Ben seemed to be liking it but did mention the bosses were very difficult.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Plus Panzer Dragoon which I'm assuming will be about $60.

I can confidently say without hesitation that there's no chance it'll be $60. A collector's physical edition, maybe, but anything above $30 digitally would be DOA. It's a remake of a very short and simplistic 24-year-old game that doesn't have a prayer of commanding a full retail price in 2019 (which is in no way a knock against it).

So go ahead and revise your budget a few dollars down from the hundreds you're already planning to spend. lol

DKoops

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 Lite Version has been released on Nintendo Switch in Europe. The lite variant allows you to try certain aspects, including online matches and five episodes of Story Mode. The title will be available until November 29, and takes up 7.4GB of space.

Edit: Whoops, Rhaknar already posted about it ha!

0VSeUzi.png

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A single critic calling the game hard doesn't mean much to me other than suggest it may be challenging, which excites me. I'd wait for more impressions before worrying.

In other news, I just learned Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka is a thing on Switch and it's releasing today. Wow I've been waiting for this port to happen ever since its predecessor appeared on the store and I completely missed the news, I don't think I'll get to buy it with that pre-order discount either; I'm busy today...

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
If panzer dragoon is $60 im out and i love the series

Code princess is £17.99 is it good people?

Deleted member 33571

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Just saw Wuppo is listed on the eShop as coming out 9/5/19, not sure if it was previously announced it was getting ported but I know some people have spoken super highly of that game, definitely something I'll be keeping an eye on

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
NA:

• Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
    • ASTRAL CHAIN – In this new action game from PlatinumGames, the creators of the Bayonetta series, control the protagonist and a special weapon called a Legion simultaneously to chain stylish combos. Change Legions on the fly to vary your style and unleash a variety of abilities. The last remnants of humanity depend on you, and to save the world, you must investigate its dark side.
    • Spyro Reignited Trilogy – The original roast master is back, and he's on the go! Same sick burns, same smoldering attitude, all scaled up in stunning HD. Spyro is bringing the heat like never before in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy game collection. Rekindle the fire with remastered versions of the original three games, Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Explore the expansive realms, re-encounter the fiery personalities and relive the adventure in fully remastered glory. Because when there's a realm that needs saving, there's only one dragon to call.
    • Torchlight II – The Torchlight II game takes you back into the quirky, fast-paced world of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures and sinister secrets – and, once again, the fate of the world is in your hands. The Torchlight II game is fast, fun and filled to the brim with action and loot. Adventure solo or form a party online* with your friends.
  • Nintendo Mobile
    • Mario Kart Tour – Pre-registration for the new Mario Kart Tour mobile game** has started! If you want to be among the first to be notified once the game is available to download, pre-register now via the AppStore and Google Play. Mario Kart Tour launches for mobile devices on Sept. 25. A new teaser video and gameplay trailer show off the high-octane game in action.
Nintendo eShop sales:

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS:

And so we've finally reached Pinball Breaker 4.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thing is, the article was still really positive on the game overall. You had me worried the game was bad.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. They added gyro and touchscreen functionality. All languages available no matter where you buy the game from. 30 fps. Loving their attitude and the effort they're putting in the game (based on this video at least)

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
There's a ton of new EU eshop deals:

Red Faction and Darksiders are both 20% off, too low to consider double dipping just for "neat to have these games portable".

Mega man 11 is 34% off again, too low because I barely touched the other 4 collections anyway. The Megaman and MMX collections are also on sale again.

As are the Steamworld games.

The real stand out new deal for me is Stranger Things 3 50% off already, the game turned out decent right?

And like others have said theres a Ubisoft sale with the Rabbids dlc FINALLY on sale. AC3 is 40% off again too.

Edit: Axiom Verge is 50% off, isn't that a historical low on Switch? That is actually double dip territory, the game usually isn't discounted heavily even on pc.

Titan Quest and Battle Chasers are 50% off. Nice price on Battle Chasers tbh.

Last edited:

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Degrees Of Separation (80% Off) does not get enough love, and really worth a go

Clever little narrative puzzler. Great co-op with two players, but still great with one

DKoops

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Deadlings (ALL IN! GAMES) - €7.99/£7.19 (€7.19/£6.47 until September 10)
He has zero friends on his FaceTome account and no one to hang out with. So, in order to feel better he begins "Project Deadlings". Death buys a factory where he can build his laboratory and begin training a massive army of zombie minions.

As the army of Deadlings grows, the mazes within the laboratory become deadlier, loaded with puzzles and death-defying traps. Each Deadling has its own unique abilities: Bonesack is agile – he can run and jump, Creep can climb on walls and ceilings, Lazybrain treads slowly but carefully, and Stencher ... well Stencher has gastric problems and can use his powerful gas clouds to fly.

Human: Fall Flat + Steam Level (Curve Digital) - €14.99/£14.99 (€7.49/£7.49 until September 10)
In Human: Fall Flat you play as Bob, the wobbly Human hero who keeps dreaming about surreal places filled with puzzles in which he's yet to find the exit. These puzzles have multiple solutions and will challenge your creativity. Exploration and ingenuity are key and every option is welcome!

Eight-Minute Empire (Acram) - €14.99/£13.49 (€12.74/£11.46 until September 3)
Eight-Minute Empire, by Ryan Laukat, is a quick Civilization/Exploration game using card-driven area control.

In Eight-Minute Empire, 2-5 players take turns selecting a card from the six displayed. This card gives the player a resource, and also has an action which the player takes immediately. Actions help players take over the map, but the resources are worth points at the end of the game, so players have to balance the two aspects. Players spread across the map in order to collect points at the end of the game by having majority control in regions and continents.

ESport Manager (Ultimate Games) - €7.99/£7.19
eSport Manager is a game based on the idea of e-sports competitions, especially the most popular - FPS AND MOBA.

Create your dream team by selecting the players who suit you the best. Care for their constant development, train, sign advertising contracts and be active in social media. Thousands of fans aren't going to come to you on their own, you have to work for it.

Hookbots (Tree Interactive) - €19.99/£19.99
Battle & challenge your human friends on this multiplayer robot party game: 52 ways to customize your bots & 14 game modes. From knights and dinosaurs, to bounty hunters and space warriors. Choose, customize and crush tons of different bots.

Boreal Blade (Frozenbyte) - €19.99/£17.99
Boreal Blade Demo (Frozenbyte) - Free
Boreal Blade is a team-based melee fighting game with a focus on player vs player combat. Boreal Blade combines reactionary and tactical gameplay with extraordinary freedom to variate your attacks and develop your unique fighting style.

The game features four distinctive fighting styles with the possibility to choose between one-handed and two-handed weapons, a shield and a weapon combo, long thrusting pole weapons and fighting unarmed. Players can even throw items during battle! Three armour classes with their strengths and weaknesses are also included to guarantee a varied, ever-alterable fighting experience. Arm yourself and prepare to dive into the battle!

AER Memories of Old (Daedalic GmbH) - €19.99/£17.99
The gods of old are forgotten, lost in the events that shattered the world, leaving only fragments of islands in the sky. This mystic world of endless skies, colorful islands and ancient ruins is in danger of falling into darkness. As one of the last few shapeshifters, you are sent on a pilgrimage to the Land of Gods. Uncover the secrets that will help save reality itself.

Whipseey and the Lost Atlas (Blowfish Studios) - €5.99/£4.99
In Whipseey and the Lost Atlas you play as Alex, a young boy whose curiosity has landed him in a world of trouble. After finding himself lost in a strange world and being transformed into a magical creature named Whipseey, he must to solve the mystery of the Lost Atlas to return to his original form and go back home.

Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (Sometimes You) - €12.99/£11.69
Share a heart-to-heart talk, watch a movie together, take a bath, remove a computer virus, help a girl in a tough spot. Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s is an adventure game with point-n-click elements (with a risk of swift loss) that tells the story about a guy looking for love renovated in a nostalgic 80s and 90s anime style.

Kenji Kojima, a young and able enthusiast, leaves his home province to attend university in the capital. Without the help of his parents, it's difficult to live and study, so he begins learning different occupations until he eventually becomes a true handyman. However, academic qualifications aren't his priority in life - it's finding true love! Can he eventually find his true love?

Grand Brix Shooter (Intragames) - €9.99/£8.99
Board the Brix Core, piloted by Prince Brix himself. Combine aircrafts in different ways to gain abilities and grab crystals to boost your firepower.

It'll take split-second decisions, expert control, and a bit of luck to survive this gauntlet. Can Prince Brix defeat the evil looming before him and save the world?

Damascus Gear Operation Osaka (ARC SYSTEM WORKS) - €18.99/£17.09
The goal of "Damascus Gear Operation Osaka" is to repay the hero's significant [debt] before the due date.

In the [Cosmopolis], GEAR pilots fight day and night in the [Arena] for large sums of Eyn(this world's currency). The hero will participate in the Arena as a Ranker, aiming to use the prize money to repay his debt.

Use [missions] to enhance your GEAR, and earn prize money in the [Arena] before the due date. If you don't make it by the due date…

OBAKEIDORO! (FREE STYLE) - €19.99/£16.99
A thrilling, heart-pounding struggle! Humans have 3 minutes to work together to get away from the Monster! Playing as the Monster, you'll have to utilize your skills to catch the Humans! Play Bogeyrun! online or offline with up to 4 players.

Agent A: A puzzle in disguise (YAK) - €12.99/£12.99
You play as Agent A in this stylish secret agent world full of retro futuristic contraptions, hidden gizmos, gadgets and clever logic based puzzles. But do be warned… Ruby La Rouge is no spy to be taken lightly! Explore a labyrinth of perplexing puzzles in this quirky game of cat and mouse that'll have you wondering whether you're the cat… or the mouse!!

Notice something strange or out of place? Making mental notes and observations (like a good secret agent) will aid you in solving tricky puzzles later on. As you explore Rubys secret hideout, collecting objects and using them cleverly is crucial in unlocking a trail of puzzles leading you ever closer to your target!

Bubsy: Paws on Fire! (UFO Entertainment) - €24.99/£22.49
From the developers of the BIT.TRIP series comes Bubsy: Paws on Fire!, the latest and greatest in bobcat-based gaming.

Oinker P. Hamm is determined to capture every animal in the universe for his "Amazootorium." Bubsy, fearing mostly for himself, is just as determined to stop him. Two archrivals, stitched together by the cruel knitting needles of fate. No matter who emerges victorious, there is one thing we know for certain: There's going to be a whole lot of yarn along the way.

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 Lite Version - Free
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 builds upon the highly popular DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE with enhanced graphics that will further immerse players into the largest and most detailed Dragon Ball world ever developed.

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 for Nintendo Switch includes Nintendo Switch specific features and a different way of playing with your friends locally and online.

Heavo Ho (Devolver Digital) - €9.99/£8.09
Heave Ho tasks up to four players with a simple goal – don't fall to your death! Players will use their own two hands and the outstretched grip of their friends to grapple across each level on their way to victory. Grab one another's hands, climb across dangling bodies, and swing your pals to safety in a wobbly, dangly mass of limbs.

Vambrace: Cold Soul (Headup Games) - €24.99/£19.99 (€22.49/£17.99 until September 5)
Vambrace: Cold Soul is a roguelike fantasy-adventure set amidst a frozen landscape. Plan your expeditions underground, then journey to the cursed city surface with your team of heroes. Wield unique powers, avoid dangerous traps, brave strange encounters, and survive deadly combat!

The King of Shades has cursed the great city of Icenaire. Now cast under a permanent blight of frost fall, its former residents have returned from the dead as mad Wraiths. Woefully outmatched the few refugees are forced into hiding as the King of Shades amasses an army of the undead above them. One fateful day, a mysterious stranger appears in the city with an enchanted vambrace…

Little Racer (ALL IN! GAMES) - €15.99/£14.39 (€14.39/£12.95 until September 10)
Little Racer is a dynamic racing game and a great adventure harking back to your childhood. Enjoy various tracks, avoid obstacles and speed for the win. Take the wheel, choose a kart and start the wild ride!

Simple controls allow you to get your kid and grandpa together in one exciting race! Use only two buttons to control the vehicle: one to go forward, the other to change the track. Watch out for the obstacles blocking your way! Avoid them, or you'll go off the road... just for a moment! Wait, did this yeti move?!

BQM -BlockQuest Maker- + Samurai Era (Wonderland Kazakiri) - €17.98/£16.48
Create & play! New dungeon RPG "BQM -Block Quest Maker" has come to Nintendo SWITCH!

BQM enables you to create your very own dungeon RPG, packed with puzzles and traps. Secret doors, falling rocks, strong mobs – challenge them all and level up.

Wilmot's Warehouse (Finji) - €13.99/£12.59
Wilmot's Warehouse is a puzzle game about keeping a warehouse running in tip-top shape. You play as Wilmot, a hard working warehouse employee tasked with pushing, sorting and stacking a variety of products. Over time more and more truckloads of these products will arrive, gradually filling up the warehouse. How you arrange them all is entirely up to you - organise by colour, type, the Dewey Decimal System, or some wild format that only you understand - it's all good! Just remember where you put everything, because when the service hatch opens, you'll need to find the things people want quickly, in order to earn the coveted Performance Stars required for all manner of labour-saving upgrades.

Brunch Club (Yogscast) - €12.99/£11.99
Welcome to Brunch Club! A 1-4 player food fight frenzy, with a seasoning of pop culture. Work together to complete a selection of delicious challenges, but watch out, we didn't make this easy! Test your ability to remain calm in the kitchen with your friends and be prepared to try, try, and try again!

Invasion of Alien X - Earth in Crisis (DOUBLE DRIVE GAMES) - €9.99/£8.99
Aliens are on a terrifying Earth Invasion Tour!

Your mission: Fire artillery and protect the base from the enemy flagship... Repel the invaders. Deploy weapons batteries delivered by drones wisely, and you can win. The planet's fate is in your hands. Earthlings... The counteroffensive starts now!

Hopping girl KOHANE Jumping Kingdom: Princess of the Black Rabbit (D-O) - €17.99/£16.99
Hopping girl KOHANE is an action puzzle game that player operates Kohane who rides pogo-stick to aim for a goal.

Astral Chain (Nintendo, available August 30) - €59.99/£49.99
Master thrilling synergetic combat against an increasingly powerful alien invasion in ASTRAL CHAIN, an exciting new action-adventure from PlatinumGames, only on Nintendo Switch. Join an elite task force and work together with a special living weapon to solve cases and save mankind!

The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors (ININ GAMES, available August 30) - €19.99/£16.99
The good old days of beat-'em-up action are back – the Ninjas have returned!

In TAITO's latest arcade action masterpiece you'll slip into the role of one of five android ninjas and brawl your way through waves of enemy hordes in a dystopian future.

Over a total of eight levels, you'll take on the tyrant Banglar and his henchmen either alone or - for the first time in the history of the series - with a friend. So settle into a night on the couch with your friends, and reminisce about the golden era of 90s co-op game evenings you know and love.

Root Letter: Last Answer (Pqube, available August 30) - €29.99/£24.99
The return of the best-selling interactive mystery visual novel! Follow in the footsteps of Aya Fumino, a school penfriend allegedly involved in a tragic murder 15 years ago. Explore the prefecture of Shimane, uncover clues, and use the letters you wrote to each other to track down her childhood friends for questioning. But perhaps these friends, now adults living a peaceful life, will not be eager to let their painful memories resurface…

FUZE4 Nintendo Switch (FUZE Technologies, available August 30) - €34.99/£29.99
FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is a coding application for Nintendo Switch. It has been designed and developed by a team of experienced gamers, programmers, artists and educators. The end result is a language ideally suited to coding games and apps for absolute beginners and seasoned programmers alike.

Legend of the Skyfish (Ratalaika Games, available August 30) - €7.99/£7.99
Legend of the Skyfish is a beautiful level-based adventure puzzler with a unique weapon and tool - a fishing pole!

Follow the intrepid Little Red Hook on her journey with the Moonwhale to defeat the monstrous Skyfish. Use your fishing pole as a weapon or a grappling hook, and upgrade it as you go. Legend of the Skyfish features beautiful hand-painted art, intricate action puzzles and unique enemies. Explore a huge world of 45 handcrafted levels and defeat giant bosses.

Headspun (Wales Interactive, available August 30) - €12.99/£9.99
Headspun is a FMV/Adventure hybrid set in Cortex; the world of Theo Kavinsky's broken brain.

After waking from a five week coma, Theo finds his life in disrepair. With no memory of the accident, it's up to Ted and Teddy – the conscious and subconscious voices in his head – to work out what happened, and put his life back on track.

Headspun is a game about recovery, discovery, and the ongoing battle between logic and emotion.

Arcade Archives Pinball (HAMSTER, available August 30) - €6.99/£6.29

SpaceColorsRunner (Arach Games, available August 30) - €5.99
SpaceColorsRunner is an Arcade game in which you have to be extremly vigilant!

Cosmos, a distand galaxy, coloful planets and dangerous obstacles. You start the game with one of the top 10 starships in the galaxy. Be concentrated and fast enough to survive and achieve the best results. Collect galactic coins to expand your fleet with more machines.

Fifty Words by POWGI Demo (Lightwood Games) - Free
Fifty Words is a brand new word search puzzle. This time there's no grid, no wrong letters and no list of words to find. Each puzzle just contains 50 intertwined words on a subject. As players discover the words, they paint them with a rainbow of vibrant highlights to create a unique piece of blended colour art.

As a less-challenging word search puzzle, the game is intended to be a relaxing experience of word exploration among a sea of colour. With a customisable palette, users can put their own stamp on the game and the end result of every puzzle is a piece of colour-blended art, unique to that player.

Automachef Demo (Team17, available August 30) - Free
It's time to engineer tomorrow's kitchen, today.

Plan. Position. Program: Design and build automated restaurants, then program them to run like well-oiled machines! Do you have a can-do attitude and the know-how to conquer the world of automated restaurants?

NBA 2K20 Demo (Take-Two Interactive, available August 30) - Free
NBA 2K has evolved into much more than a basketball simulation. 2K continues to redefine what's possible in sports gaming with NBA 2K20, featuring best in class graphics & gameplay, ground breaking game modes, and unparalleled player control and customization. Plus, with its immersive open-world Neighbourhood, NBA 2K20 is a platform for gamers and ballers to come together and create what's next in basketball culture.

Domiverse Demo (Haunted Tie, available September 1) - Free

Downloadable Content

Human: Fall Flat: Steam (Curve Digital) - Free
This brand-new core level is set in a steam-powered industrial environment, where new puzzles and mechanics revolve around making the abundant amounts of water vapour work for you. Start an industrial revolution, manipulate barrels, pipes, furnaces and more to make your way to the exit, and have your friends join you to play in two-player local co-op or up to eight-player online multiplayer.

Power Rangers: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid MMPR Lord Zedd Character Unlock (nWay) - €5.99/£5.39
This unlocks Lord Zedd, a full character, to be played in Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.

Pre-orders

LEGO Jurassic World (WB Games) - €39.99/£34.99
Pre-Load ends 20/09/2019, 14:59 local time

Following the epic storylines of Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III, and Jurassic World, LEGO Jurassic World™ allows players to relive and experience all four Jurassic films. Reimagined in LEGO form and now available on Nintendo Switch, the thrilling adventure allows fans to play through key moments and explore Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna.

Rest in Pieces (Itatake) - €7.99/£6.99 (€5.19/£4.54 until September 13)
Pre-Load ends 13/09/2019, 08:59 CEST

Please save all the poor souls that have been trapped in the dream demons porcelain nightmares.

Awake little Georgina from her evil clown dream, weaved of her worst fears. Help the drunken pirate Jack Parrot to vanquish the horrible sea monster Kraken. Save Father Lugosi from Count Draculas bloodthirsty fangs. Rest in Pieces includes many souls to save, and several frightening nightmares to wake up from.

Wuppo: Definitive Edition (Knuist and Perzik) - €14.99/£13.49 (€11.99/£10.79 until September 19)
Pre-Load ends 05/09/2019, 16:59 CEST

After losing its home, one lonely Wum must travel the length and width of the world to find a new place to live. From the metropolitan haven Popocity to the cavernous Bliekopolis, our Wum will discover magical places and encounter strange creatures. But this Wum is no traditional hero and only by using wit and charm can it succeed in this massive journey.

Wuppo is a two man passion project, with hand-drawn visuals, an extensive soundtrack and a huge world to explore.

Battle Supremacy - Ground Assault (Atypical Games) - €19.99
Pre-Load ends 04/09/2019, 23:59 CEST

Unleash Battle Supremacy, a WWII tank game with thrilling gameplay and showoff-worthy visuals. Explore a fully-interactive open world by land, air or sea.

Feast your eyes on amazing landscapes and landmarks: entire forests teeming with wildlife, sprawling real-world cities with tunnels and bridges, overrun by tanks, trains, warships; there are even fish in the water!

Fifty Words by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.99/£6.99
Pre-Load ends 05/09/2019, 14:59 CEST

Fifty Words is a brand new word search puzzle. This time there's no grid, no wrong letters and no list of words to find. Each puzzle just contains 50 intertwined words on a subject. As players discover the words, they paint them with a rainbow of vibrant highlights to create a unique piece of blended colour art.

As a less-challenging word search puzzle, the game is intended to be a relaxing experience of word exploration among a sea of colour. With a customisable palette, users can put their own stamp on the game and the end result of every puzzle is a piece of colour-blended art, unique to that player.

Gnomes Garden: Lost King (8Floor Games) - €8.79/£7.69
Pre-Load ends 05/09/2019, 15:59 CEST

The princess of our fairytale kingdom grew up and got married long ago. But one day, her beloved husband went hunting and didn't come back. He disappeared with his whole retinue. Where did he go?

Go on an adventure through a world of secrets and mystical creatures in this exciting casual fantasy strategy game, Gnomes Garden.

Pocket Clothier (Kairosoft) - €10.00/£8.99
Pre-Load ends 05/09/2019, 00:59 CEST

Ever wanted to run your own clothing store? Now you can. Let your inner fashionista flower as you cultivate a quaint corner shop into a world-class super brand!

Position mannequins, run promotions, even set up an in-store crepe stand. Dream up other ways to stand out so that shoppers can't stay away!

AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES (Spike Chunsoft US, available August 30)
Pre-Load ends 20/09/2019, 14:59 CEST

In a near-future Tokyo, Special Agent Kaname Date is on the case of a mysterious serial killer. Date must investigate crime scenes as well as dreams on the hunt for clues.

Close to the Sun (Wired Productions, available August 30)
Pre-Load ends 28/10/2019, 23:59 local time

It's 1897. Deep in international waters, the Helios stands still. Dark clouds loom overhead as unforgiving waves crash against the hull. Colossal effigies of gold, decorated with magnificent finery, stretch as far as the eye can see.

Born of Nikola Tesla's vision, the Helios serves as a haven for the greatest scientific minds. An unbound utopia for research, independent from state and isolated from the gaze of society. Free to push the boundaries of matter and time.

Into the Dead 2 (Versus Evil, available August 30)
Into the Dead 2 Bundle (Versus Evil, available August 30)
Pre-Load ends 25/10/2019, 00:59 CEST

NBA 2K20 (Benelux Edition) (Take-Two Interactive, available August 30)
NBA 2K20 Legend Edition (Benelux Edition) (Take-Two Interactive, available August 30)
Pre-Load ends 05/09/2019, 23:59 local time

NBA 2K has evolved into much more than a basketball simulation. 2K continues to redefine what's possible in sports gaming with NBA 2K20, featuring best in class graphics & gameplay, ground breaking game modes, and unparalleled player control and customization. Plus, with its immersive open-world Neighbourhood, NBA 2K20 is a platform for gamers and ballers to come together and create what's next in basketball culture.

The NBA 2K20 Legend Edition includes the following digital items:
- 200,000 Virtual Currency
- 5,000 MyTEAM Points
- 50 MyCAREER Skill Boosts
- Expanded MyPLAYER Apparel Collection
- MyPLAYER Shoe Collection
- 10 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one a week)
- 5 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (delivered one a week beginning at the start of the NBA season)
- 10 Sapphire MyTEAM Cards

Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan (CollectorVision Games, available September 1)
Pre-Load ends 11/09/2019, 23:59 CEST

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ooooh Legend of Kay 70% off tempting never got it on PC. Sphynx only 33% off is a bummer, would probably bite at 50%.

Kingdom New Lands is 75% off, never played one of those kingdom games I hear they are good.

This is the Police 1 and 2 are 70% and 40% off respectively.

de Blob is 70% and de blob 2 is 40% off.

That's about it for highlights imo, some other random fodder indies also.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
512 GB Ultra microSDXC Sandisk card is down to 79.99 on Amazon as a deal of the day. That's the lowest I remember seeing it. Seeing as how I'll be getting a second switch of some kind soon, I bought one to upgrade my 400.

The Extreme version is also on sale but I doubt there's a difference in terms of switch performance.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
snowtire

Wuppo: Definitive Edition coming to Steam and Switch on September 5th!

Y'all are in for such a treat.

Switch trailer:

Here's my LTTP thread from April where I raved endlessly about its awesomeness as an offbeat Metroidvania and the true spiritual successor to Super Paper Mario:

www.resetera.com

Wuppo, the true successor to Super Paper Mario and one of my favorite Metroidvanias in years. On sale for 99 cents on PSN! Also on PC/X1/NS

News article about Wuppo: Definitive Edition releasing September 5th on Switch and Steam: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/08/bizarre_indie_hit_wuppo_is_getting_a_definitive_edition_release_on_switch Switch trailer: It's also 20% off on Switch till 9/10. Wuppo: Definitive Edition -...

It's also 20% off till 9/10.

Wuppo: Definitive Edition - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 9/10

(And it's on sale for $1.99 on PS4! It's been out on XB1/PS4 for nearly 2 years so I wouldn't expect Switch to drop to such a low price anytime soon though.)

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Axiom Verge (double dip), Stranger Things 3 and Legend of Kay for me this sale methinks. Might need to pop on the ol'youtube to check Legend of Kay performance first tho.

I would buy the donkey kong rabbids dlc but I never even finished vanilla and its been so long now since I stopped that I probably will never get back to finish it :(

edit: seems the Legend of Kay port is fine, nice!

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Looks great. They added gyro and touchscreen functionality. All languages available no matter where you buy the game from. 30 fps. Loving their attitude and the effort they're putting in the game (based on this video at least)

Looks great indeed. If I recall, the game is also 30fps on other console no, and even struggles to maintain them. If the port plays well, it'll be quite an impressive feat.

Garf107

Oct 27, 2017
snowtire

Wuppo: Definitive Edition coming to Steam and Switch on September 5th!

Y'all are in for such a treat.

Switch trailer:

Here's my LTTP thread from April where I raved endlessly about its awesomeness as an offbeat Metroidvania and the true spiritual successor to Super Paper Mario:

www.resetera.com

Wuppo, the true successor to Super Paper Mario and one of my favorite Metroidvanias in years. On sale for 99 cents on PSN! Also on PC/X1/NS

News article about Wuppo: Definitive Edition releasing September 5th on Switch and Steam: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/08/bizarre_indie_hit_wuppo_is_getting_a_definitive_edition_release_on_switch Switch trailer: It's also 20% off on Switch till 9/10. Wuppo: Definitive Edition -...

It's also 20% off till 9/10.

Wuppo: Definitive Edition - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 9/10

(And it's on sale for $1.99 on PS4! It's been out on XB1/PS4 for nearly 2 years so I wouldn't expect Switch to drop to such a low price anytime soon though.)

Sounds interesting, thanks! It's for posts like this one that I like these threads!

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Wilmot's Warehouse releases today and looks super fun for those who enjoy organizing things. I watched part of a let's play on YouTube of the original version released to Humble Bundle subscribers around a year ago and it looks like a great game to chill out with. Probably going to pick this one up later today.

Already pre-purchased Brunch Club (fingers crossed for no performance issues) as it looks hilarious and the initial sale was enough for me to go for it.

I'll share thoughts on both once I get a little time with them.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yup Axiom Verge really benefits from a smaller screen, looks super crisp and the "ugly" art style looks much better not blown up.

Game is still absolutely fantastic of course. Killed the first boss but dont want to fuck around with it too much (or with any game) because I want to focus on Astral Chain later.