• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I similarly have no love for rabbids in general, but the game manages still to make them endearing. There's a bit of 'toilet humour' which I also wasn't keen on, but it's easily ignorable - certainly it shouldn't put you off from getting the game as it's excellent.
It's a good strategy game with a unique twist in that it heavily emphasizes movement and there is a ton of content for $20.

Thanks for the opinions, sounds good. I just bought it. I can't believe that the Switch makes me buy a freaking Rabbids game.

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Hand of Fate 2 without the appropriate level of due diligence and was surprised to discover the combat was real-time and pretty fucking hard. On easy mode now and liking a lot of what I see but we'll see if I stick with it.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
A curiosity: This week was released the 100th NeoGeo game on Switch. The King of Fighters 2002.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Is there any good RPG (or Rythm,or party game, or something with a lot of replayability) game I could go for with those $10?

Fairune Collection and SEGA AGES Phantasy Star get my votes for best sub-$10 RPGs.

Meanwhile we're on 29 (?) NES titles... Oh Nintendo lol

I'll give them a pass here. Hamster had a year-and-a-half head start. (Although Virtual Console should've been available at launch, can't argue there.)

EDIT:

Nah, I'm revoking that pass. No excuses for how long it's taking Nintendo to roll out their legacy content.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
At one point early on I had it in my head I was going to buy every NeoGeo title as they released on Switch.. glad I stopped thinking like that, €699!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interested in two games and looking for impressions.

Bendy and the Ink Machine. Is it a good horror game or is just for Youtube Overreaction videos?

Sega Genesis Collection. I own the PS3 version but save states would greatly improve the experience for me with these old games.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam

Bendy and the Ink Machine. Is it a good horror game or is just for Youtube Overreaction videos?

Sega Genesis Collection. I own the PS3 version but save states would greatly improve the experience for me with these old games.
Regarding the genesis collection what I would warn you about is the scanline filter, it is not properly implemented in portable mode (maybe an issue with scalling to 720?) and it therefore doesn't create evenly distributed horizontal lines. I don't mind playing with the filter turned off so for me it's not a deal breaker but I think it might be for others in this thread.

By the way, after reading lately again so many positive comments about Hollow Knight I decided to continue my playthrough and not long after that I managed to open up new areas and I'm enjoying it again quite a lot. Hope this keeps up this time and I can finish the game.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017

Bendy and Ink Machine has a demo on PC/Mac: https://store.steampowered.com/app/622650/Bendy_and_the_Ink_Machine/

I have the Genesis Collection, you're absolutlely right. The save states are awesome. You hold the R Stick up for Quick Load and down to Quick Save. It also has fast forward and rewind, all the modern emulator features. It's great in that regard.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Can I have some recommendations on some good 2 player party/quiz games on Switch? Was thinking of a Jackbox game but reviews seem to strongly suggest 4 or more players.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Any good deals on eshop cards for switch before the year ends?

If you live near a Fry's Electronics, this is the best I've seen lately:

https://slickdeals.net/f/12564784-f...-50-nintendo-eshop-gift-card-40?src=catpagev2

EDIT:

Only works if you've subscribed to their emails previously:

"Note, offer valid on in-store purchases only w/ your unique Fry's email subscriber promo code. Sign-up here to receive upcoming Fry's Email Promo Codes (new sign-ups will not apply/qualify for this offer, however)."

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I was interested, but I heard the Switch port is pretty bad. IIRC, the dev said he had problems porting it and offered little hope of improvement.
Sorry to bump this, but do you remember where the Unexplored developer spoke about the Switch port?
Playing it right now and it keeps freezing for a few frames and popping up an annoying message about new dungeon floors.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Sorry to bump this, but do you remember where the Unexplored developer spoke about the Switch port?
Playing it right now and it keeps freezing for a few frames and popping up an annoying message about new dungeon floors.
I don't have the link right now, but he constantly post updates on the Unexplored Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/user/Darth_Souls

screenshot_2019-01-06tydej.png

screenshot_2019-01-06m7d0j.png

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
I finally bought Penguin Wars thanks to a restock. This game had such a bizarre release with not knowing when it was *actually* coming out and then the game never got a digital release in the US eShop (but it did in Japan). What was even going on with this game.

Edit: I've now tried three times to play the game and it softlocks on the initial loading screen every time. It doesn't actually crash, and I've tried letting it load for ten minutes with no success. Unbelievable.

Edit 2: Wiped my data and tried again. This time it finally loaded to the title screen after a slightly unreasonable amount of time. Is this just normal for the game? Also it looks like the character DLC doesn't exist for the US eShop, despite the main menu having a button that leads to a DLC info splash screen that directs you to the eShop. This just keeps getting better. It looks like the game shares the same SKU as the Japanese version (I'm guessing) because I can run the game under my Japanese profile and access the DLC page via the Japanese eShop and get the DLC that way. So I guess I'll just play the game with that profile in case I want the DLC eventually.

I just ordered myself a copy from Amazon, very excited. I saw this in passing, and passed it off, and for whatever reason today, I was like, "Is that.....nah, OH SHIT IT IS!" I used to play this on Gameboy way back in the day. Watched a few videos and listened to the OST on Bandcamp and was like yep, I need this in my life. It's sounds and looks utterly ridiculous (good). Should arrive Thursday so I'm very excited to mess around with this. I see you psted this about 2 weeks ago. Any update on if you're enjoying it or not? Looks like a ton of fun. But did a little research into the release of this and it just seems like a mess.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I just ordered myself a copy from Amazon, very excited. I saw this in passing, and passed it off, and for whatever reason today, I was like, "Is that.....nah, OH SHIT IT IS!" I used to play this on Gameboy way back in the day. Watched a few videos and listened to the OST on Bandcamp and was like yep, I need this in my life. It's sounds and looks utterly ridiculous (good). Should arrive Thursday so I'm very excited to mess around with this. I see you psted this about 2 weeks ago. Any update on if you're enjoying it or not? Looks like a ton of fun. But did a little research into the release of this and it just seems like a mess.
Heya. I have been enjoying it now that I've got it working. I have the original Famicom cartridge so I had to get this. The soundtrack is indeed great. The game has a lot of style. Everything surrounding the release and the DLC was terrible but the game itself is good. If you liked one of the old Penguin Wars games you'll definitely like this.