• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Should've waited and bought super smash Bros physically, it's 55e in mediamarkt here in the Netherlands :/

By the way, really surprised by the mega drive version of virtua fighter. Somehow they managed to translate the feel of the 3D game into 2D much more accurately than I ever thought was possible. I was pulling off the same combos and strategies I used to have in the Saturn version with ease and I'm actually enjoying it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone buy Katamari Reroll yet? I heard something something about framerate issues so I'm hesitant to buy it just yet.

And also because Smash and Xenoblade 2 are dominating all of my time.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Bought Katamari yesterday and played the first 3 levels. Seems like a good remaster to me but I'm not overly sensitive to framerate issues. Wife and I played tons of Katamari back in the day on our PS2 so it's delightful having it in HD and on the go now.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Bought Katamari yesterday and played the first 3 levels. Seems like a good remaster to me but I'm not overly sensitive to framerate issues. Wife and I played tons of Katamari back in the day on our PS2 so it's delightful having it in HD and on the go now.
Never played a Katamari game before the demo but I didn't really find if fun. Is the demo a good example of what you do in the game?

manksalot

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Never played a Katamari game before the demo but I didn't really find if fun. Is the demo a good example of what you do in the game?
It's a very small taste, and on the one hand it basically represents, mechanically, all the gameplay, but on the other I don't think it represents the game experience accurately. For one, I wish they had included the short tutorial level; when I was passing the demo around to people, if they hadn't played it before they had trouble coming to grips with the twin stick locomotion. The demo also doesn't capture that the game gets much more fun as the levels get bigger and you are given more time. The environments changing and shrinking below your katamari is a pleasure I'm not sure the demo gets across at all.

Oct 29, 2017
Off topic a little but anyone here able to recommend a guide or video on Smash Bros tips, with a particular focus on when to use each type of attack.

I'm able to get by a little in single player but that's basically me just winging it and hitting any attack button that I can, pretty much avoiding the basic attack really.

So I need some tips on ... how to attack properly I guess.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I know I know this is the eshop thread, but just an FYI Amazon has Moonlighter physical for the same price as the eshop, just in case you wanted a cartridge

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Off topic a little but anyone here able to recommend a guide or video on Smash Bros tips, with a particular focus on when to use each type of attack.

I'm able to get by a little in single player but that's basically me just winging it and hitting any attack button that I can, pretty much avoiding the basic attack really.

I can't name a specific one, but I felt the same way with the WiiU game. My advice: pick a character you really really think is cool and fun! (You can probably guess mine)

Then just youtjbe tutorial videos and after watching many, it will help greatly. Every character is different. My advice is don't focus in "how do I play this GAME?" , It's too daunting. Focus on ONE specific charcater and you'll learn about the overall mechanics from getting good with that one.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
It's already released. The price is $5.99/€5.99
th

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Excited for that surprise release of the new Circular game! I enjoyed Subsurface a lot, will probably bite soon, but for now it's all about Katamari and Smash.
I'm playing Detention right now and holy shit. This is a survival horror gem. I didn't even know this game exists.
This is like SH 2+3 so far. And the music sounds so much like Yamaoka, the sound is awesome in this game.
Reviews say it's pretty short though (3 hours?!)...
Game is indeed pretty short but I agree, it's great and it took me by surprise. I wrote it some praise in a past eShop thread and make sure to always recommend it to people looking for a good horror game on Switch. It's crazy that it isn't more popular.

This should help you out
https://youtu.be/KtaMAGVlSlo

Plum

May 31, 2018
Anyone picked up VSR: Void Space Racing? Wondering whether to pick it up with the £1.00 I have in gold points.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a long trip coming up in two weeks. I already have Child of Light downloaded. I'm going to try the Megaman 11 demo.

What non-RPG games out there would y'all recommend? I'm considering Bayonetta, is there a discount if you get both?

Anything else?

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Aaaah that discount on Everspace will only last for a few days now... don't know if I bet on good performance or not...

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Anyone picked up VSR: Void Space Racing? Wondering whether to pick it up with the £1.00 I have in gold points.
Jup, did the same and enjoyed the game. There is not much in it (couple of "tracks") and the unlockable spaceships are more or less the same, but it is a really fun game, especially for that price.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
This Cowboy Bebop-like trailer of Desert Child definitely has sold me the game.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm pleased to see Quarantine Circular. These shorts are just right for me, I often have odd fragments of time where I want to play something start-to-finish rather than start another 30+ hour epic. The first one's writing was spot-on.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

As mentioned, the level is representative of the gameplay, but does not

The core conceit is that you use your standard attacks(just default punches and kicks) to build damage on enemies, and then charged Smash attacks for the KO punch when they have a high enough % to be sent flying off the screen. Smash attacks are performed by either hitting a direction +attack simultaneously or the R-stick. Charging them deals more power. They are your heavy kill move and should be one of the first things to learn and feel comfortable using. Seriously, fight a few matches against an easy AI 1v1 and just play around with attacking and smashing getting the feel and timing. It'll all click stupid fast.

The special attack button offers additional ways to hinder or harm your enemies but are more situational and vary heavily on use for each character. MARIO for instance has his cape which reflects projectiles back and can briefly turn opponents around when up close(useful near edges), again situational. Same with his down+special Fludd pack which charges a water spray that can keep opponents at a distance or push them into danger. Meanwhile a character like Ryu is more obvious in how his specials work being based on his SF2 movesets for direct attacks(fireballs, shoryukens, spinning kicks...)

Pause the game in a match to see the movelist for tips on how each special attack functions with a brief explanation too. But again, learn basic attacks and smash attacks first.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Color Zen is a weird release. It has been out now for three weeks or so and it's free to play in the sense that an initial batch of puzzles is free but there are several packs which cost money. However, these packs haven't been released yet (or I'm missing something, but I get shop errors when I try to buy the dlc from the game and I can't find anything on its shop page).

I'm not sure this is the best way to make some money, because by the time the dlc is released, most people will have moved on and the game has disappeared from the front page.

sandworms

Oct 7, 2018
Is anyone else still waiting for their bonus gold coins from prepurchasing Smash on the eshop? Anyone know who I would contact, like just general Nintendo support on Twitter?

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Is there any way to contact NoA by e-mail? No Piranha code since digital eShop preorder in the beginning of november. Not in spam or any other mailbox.. Did switch regions for it though.