• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to buy Everspace while the discount was still up. Been meaning to pick up that game on PC but I know I'll be more likely to play more of it undocked.

Also looking forward to getting my hand on Gris. Quarantine Circular was also on my radar. If it's good I might pick it up as well. I remember it didn't cost much when I looked at it last night.

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh... I caved and bought Everspace before I left for work this morning.

Edit: seems like this is definitely a solid release.

Last edited:

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
The everspace discount probably ends in an about 45 min - man I really dont need it but those videos pushed me to the edge of breaking.

hell I could have bought it on crono.gg for pc $10 but I really want it portable

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Guess in getting this instead of Starlink.
I waited too long. Knew 12 pm est was the cutoff but I wanted to order a digital eshop card to pay for it. Decided to see if it was an all day thing or not because the eshop card would have taken too long to deliver from BB.

I guess I can wait for a sale

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Have Koei Tecmo finally learned their lesson? DW8XL is only €39.99 on the EU eShop.

Other musou games have gone as high as €69.99, for comparison.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 90 hours into Xenoblade 2 at the moment and I'm enjoying it quite a bit despite the numerous terrible design decisions the developer made here. My major complaints aside from the awful, awful quest marker navigation are the implementation of the gacha system, the affinity charts for learning new skills, and putting level 80 enemies side-by-side with lower level enemies. I mean, who the fuck thought that last one was a good idea? Oh, and these sidequests are long as fuck. Jesus.

Now despite all those things I just mentioned that I absolutely hate about this game, I've been enjoying my time with it overall.

Yea, a lot of that is certainly worthwhile complaints. Though I am not too bothered by the occasional grief kill by a high level enemy, actually I'm more bothered that low level enemies that constantly intrude on my exploration when the fights go way overlong and there is no hope whatsoever that they cut into my resources or health. Felt the aggro system worked a bit better in prior games there.

But yea, there is a LOT of busywork for grinding affinity charts. I kind of like it even if I spend more time chucking them out on missions to earn a lot of those passively. Most of my 100+ hour gametime is dedicated to that grind for sure(not even close to done either with so many pages of side quests still in my log waiting for me). And I also would have probably preferred the rare blades be attached to discovery through the world, quests, or missions than to a gatcha slot myself. So tired of blowing items on junk blades. (Though I kind of appreciate that casual players less OCD than me would have a wholly unique party makeup due to the randomization during their play through...at least conceptually as I don't really pay attention to anyone else's adventure)

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a week until my big Christmas vacation and I'm absolutely torn on what other game to get 😰😩

I've got:
Smash Brothers
Child of Light

Child of Light has me covered on the RPG front, really considering Bayonetta 1+2 but I dunno... this shouldn't be as big of a decision as I'm turning it in to lol

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a week until my big Christmas vacation and I'm absolutely torn on what other game to get 😰😩

I've got:
Smash Brothers
Child of Light

Child of Light has me covered on the RPG front, really considering Bayonetta 1+2 but I dunno... this shouldn't be as big of a decision as I'm turning it in to lol
Bayonetta is rarely if ever on sale, so if you're looking to play that one, might as well just get it now. Other game might see a drop in price

Oct 26, 2017

I've got:
Smash Brothers
Child of Light

I'd say a meaty action game would serve you well. So Bayonetta 1 & 2 or maybe even Hyrule Warriors.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Yes, Battle Princess Madelyn for Switch has been delayed once again. Hopes are to have it out this month, but it remains unknown if that will be achieved.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Battle Princess Madelyn for Switch has been delayed once again. Hopes are to have it out this month, but it remains unknown if that will be achieved.

You previously brought up Omensight in this thread which is how I first learned of it and became interested. Could you tell me a bit about it? Did you like it? It looks really cool but I've been burned by indies as of late.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Does anybody know what the lowest price for Octopath Traveler has been? Best Buy has it for $50 and I'm wondering if the price has ever been lower.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Everspace looks pretty rough, at least it does docked on my 4K TV.

Looks alright in handheld mode.

Last edited:

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
i am very happy with my black friday pick ups.

I am being absorbed by Skyrim. The atmosphere is top notch. Done a few sidequests and really loving it

Mario + Rabbit is a nice surprise. It reminds me of Luigi's Mansion as a out of the blue spin off. Ubisoft really captured the Mario universe. Battles are short but not too easy.

ForteanMan

Oct 25, 2017
Dongguan, China
I was really hyped up for Desert Child, especially after that last trailer that was put out, but the reviews I've found make it sound not so great.

Gamespot gave it a 5/10 saying:
...Desert Child doesn't quite hang together, and by the end of its very brief runtime the things that seemed exciting just an hour prior have lost most of their luster. This could be a lovely proof of concept for a bigger game; as it stands, it's hard not to get caught up thinking about all that it could have been.

Gamerevolution gave it a 2.5/5 and said
Desert Child is built upon the promise of solid ideas that don't quite come together. And sadly, they're so deeply intertwined that a mistake in one aspect of the game critically injures the other part of the game.

Cultured Vultures (never heard of them honestly) gave it a 7/10 and said:
Desert Child is an ambitious cyberpunk racer that feels more like a preview of what could be a truly terrific game, hampered by short length and lack of gameplay variety.

I think I might wait for a sale honestly. I know it's not super expensive, but it just doesn't sound like it would be worth a purchase at the moment.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
You previously brought up Omensight in this thread which is how I first learned of it and became interested. Could you tell me a bit about it? Did you like it? It looks really cool but I've been burned by indies as of late.
I think impressions/review are still under embargo for Switch version (I'll check when I get back to my computer), but the game saw release on PS4 and other platforms. I'd recommend giving them a look for information about the title.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, those impressions of Desert Child. I'll play later but it doesn't sound good.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still have some faith in Desert Child, but those are worrying. Guess I'll wait for impressions from some of you guys.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have a strong opinion on Guacamelee 2 versus Monster Boy? I enjoyed Wonder Boy and Guac 1, probably equally. It's tough because Guac 2 is much cheaper.

I think right now I want good combat and exploration, I think Guac 2 is stronger in that regard?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I think your other arguments have some merit, but not this one. Every xenoblade game has this design choice and it is deliberate.
This is the same defense people use for terrible traditions. Just because "its always been that way" doesn't mean it isn't shit. Some mainstays like this should be forgotten... Like item bags in Dragon Quest, that shit is tedious.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Purchased desert child and all I can say is what a crock of shit!
So waste your money.

I didn't quite understand what the fervor was for the game here. I watched the trailer and I guess maybe it's the setting or tone? The side scrolling dodge and shoot stuff looked imprecise and difficult to track depth. But everyone here was going apeshit...why?

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have a strong opinion on Guacamelee 2 versus Monster Boy? I enjoyed Wonder Boy and Guac 1, probably equally. It's tough because Guac 2 is much cheaper.

I think right now I want good combat and exploration, I think Guac 2 is stronger in that regard?

Haven't played guac 2 (I have played guac 1) and only a little bit of MB. Guacs got it beat on combat not sure about exploration though.

ForteanMan

Oct 25, 2017
Dongguan, China
I didn't quite understand what the fervor was for the game here. I watched the trailer and I guess maybe it's the setting or tone? The side scrolling dodge and shoot stuff looked imprecise and difficult to track depth. But everyone here was going apeshit...why?

For me personally it was the aesthetics, the music, and their clear influences of things like Cowboy Bebop which had me excited. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the game lives up to what I had built it up as in my head.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
This is the same defense people use for terrible traditions. Just because "its always been that way" doesn't mean it isn't shit. Some mainstays like this should be forgotten... Like item bags in Dragon Quest, that shit is tedious.

Except it's not bad design, same way that the souls games throwing an over powered enemy early on isn't bad design either. You're supposed to learn to be mindful of the world around you in the xeno games.