• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Can confirm this is legit. Bought a code from Swych just now and multiple times over the past two years. Other people have had problems with the app though, so my experience isn't true for everyone. Still, 20% off eShop credit is super rare nowadays, so jump on this deal while you can if you think it's worth it.
Thanks for this. I decided to use it on the two Gunvolt (Striker Pack and iX) games, and plan to use the rest on the upcoming Monster Boy discount with my gold coins.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone else is a densha otaku like me there was a video-based rail sim game that released this past week in the Japan eShop and I've really been enjoying it. I know it released in the US for 3DS previously but this version includes higher-res video, HD rumble added (pretty neat IMO). I'd love to see a new Densha de Go game but I'll take what I can get for now - I've been waiting for a rail sim on Switch since it released! Thankfully it supports english throughout so I'd expect it to be released in english territories sometime.

Another oddity released in Japan eShop last week is a paper-based puzzle game where you have to print out a puzzle on real paper for each of 20 or so puzzles. Full english support as well. Haven't gotten into it yet but if anyone is interested I'll try and follow-up with impressions.

What is the name of the train sim?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god I finally beat Act 3 for the first time in Slay the Spire. It probably took me like 12-15 hours of play time? I spent the entire time as Ironclad lol so I haven't even tried the other classes yet.

Brenal

Nov 5, 2017
So i got the following
Torchlight II
Wild Guns
Xenoblade 2
Lego City UnderCover
Ninjin
Full Metal Furies
Hotline Miami Collection
Unravel 2
Celeste
For the equivalent of 76 Dollars not bad

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Torchlight 2 got the respec patch btw, which is HUGE (for those on the fence about getting it)

eltercero

Feb 3, 2018
Madrid
Re: Heroland

I had a friend pick up a physical copy of Work x Work for me from Japan earlier this year (because it was a bit of a bomb, it is super cheap new, something like 10 euro equivalent), planning to fire it up once Heroland is out to see if it is the same universal SKU and will update for English. I will report here some point after release. Might be a good way for people to pick it up cheaper if you can get a copy from Japan.

Did you have the chance to check if the SKU is universal? Asking for a friend 👀

Dec 2, 2019
Hello guys, this is my firts post here!

First, I'd like to thank tolkir for his hard work. This is my favourite thread and I check it every day, as a regular eShop user.

I'm from Italy, 41YO with 4 children :D

Talking about sd cards, I'm about to upgrade from 128 to 512 GB (SanDisk Ultra to SanDisk Ultra). I'm going to simply remove the 128 one and replace it with the 512 one, without formatting first. Then I'm going to click on every icon (speaking of it, I'm an icon sensitive guy...) and download everything again.
Any issues with this method?
I plan to do it by night, my connection should do it fast and get everything downloaded in roughly 10 hours.

About the games, currently I'm playing Gato Roboto, which is very good. The cat is clearly a fan of Samus, but it doesn't overstay its welcome with its short lenght, fluid gameplay, great boss battles and progression.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Hello guys, this is my firts post here!

First, I'd like to thank tolkir for his hard work. This is my favourite thread and I check it every day, as a regular eShop user.

I'm from Itali, 41YO with 4 children :D

Talking about sd cards, I'm about to upgrade from 128 to 512 GB (SanDisk Ultra to SanDisk Ultra). I'm going to simply remove the 128 one and replace it with the 512 one, without formatting first. Then I'm going to click on every icon (speaking of it, I'm an icon sensitive guy...) and download everything again.
Any issues with this method?
I plan to do it by night, my connection should do it fast and get everything downloaded in roughly 10 hours.

About the games, currently I'm playing Gato Roboto, which is very good. The cat is clearly a fan of Samus, but it doesn't overstay its welcome with its short lenght, fluid gameplay, great boss battles and progression.

Welcome here !

To upgrade your sd card, just copy the content of the current one on your pc, then, copy this on the new sd card, and it's all good.
(you may have issues with a Mac though, I'm not sure)

Dec 2, 2019
Welcome here !

To upgrade your sd card, just copy the content of the current one on your pc, then, copy this on the new sd card, and it's all good.
(you may have issues with a Mac though, I'm not sure)
Thank you! I'm quite excited tbh lol

Yeah, like I did with the 3DS, copy-paste

My issue is I don't own an sd card reader atm. And now that I think of it, I don't need to download everything in one sitting, do I?

So if I remove the old sd card from the Switch, the icons should stay there iirc. Then I'll put the new one in and... Download the games by clicking on the icons? Is it how it works?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So I beat the Messenger & its DLC yesterday as a small break from Yooka-Laylee (3 more levels + their alternative version left). For $12, I got about 10 hours worth and enjoyed a decent amount of it....though I have to agree the 2nd half when it decides to shift genres is easily the weakest part of the game. It may feel fun to have more moves to move around faster/easier in earlier parts, but ooooh boy was backtracking absolutely not fun when you don't know what you need to do. I'd say have a guide ready to reduce the time spent trying to figure out what you need to do next so you can get back to what the game does best in being a Ninja Gaiden style game but with a better difficulty curve.

Also got Wonder Boy & The Dragon's Trap since that was on sale. Not sure when I'll get to it considering I still need to play the other BF games I got, Bloodstained (PS4), Indivisible, and Aladdin/Lion King.

I might have some opinions for Taiko no Tatsujin ready to be voiced, but I wanna see if I can adapt to using the joycons over just recently spending a lot of time on the PS4 version & being more used to rhythm games with a dual shock controller. At the very least, I'm just glad there's actual unlocks this time compared to the PS4 version just giving you accessories & random titles for your online card. Maybe give the touchscreen a try, at least on the easier songs.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

My issue is I don't own an sd card reader atm. And now that I think of it, I don't need to download everything in one sitting, do I?

So if I remove the old sd card from the Switch, the icons should stay there iirc. Then I'll put the new one in and... Download the games by clicking on the icons? Is it how it works?

Clicking on the icon will probably bring you to the Eshop where you'll have to download again, yeah.

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looks like TWEWY is never gonna go on discount. $50 is wayyy to much for my budget considering i have already 100%-ed the game twice on the DS

riq

Feb 21, 2019

A word of advice: instead of letting Switch fornat your SD card, I think it would be better to format it first via other means, such as with a computer, to FAT32.

Switch will format certain sized cards (can't remember if all of them or if there's a size threshold) to ExFAT. However, it appears Switch's ExFAT driver isn't the best and may lead to corrupted files.

At first people thought that it was fearmongering, since it affected mostly folks with hacked units. But Pokemon Sword and Shield with autosave on ended up corrupting some ExFAT formatted SD cards.

It may not affect you in the end, but something to keep in mind.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I hate the art style, it's super ugly :(

giphy.gif

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
i got children of morta and hotline miami collection. thinking about buying ac rebel collection when its out.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for this. I decided to use it on the two Gunvolt (Striker Pack and iX) games, and plan to use the rest on the upcoming Monster Boy discount with my gold coins.
The permissions requested by this app are freaking me out. I want that free 10 bucks but hesitate to give my personal information to this app.

Just Shapes & Beats X Shovel Knight update is live
Wonderful news!! I've been waiting so long for this. JS&B was one of the best surprises for me this generation. I highly recommend it to everyone.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Trover Saves the Universe is the funniest thing I've ever played. It's supposedly from the creator of Adventure Time. Never watched the cartoon but the game is pretty fun.

It's clearly made to be a VR game, but it works I guess.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Did you have the chance to check if the SKU is universal? Asking for a friend👀
Hey, I just fired it up and updated, but the SKU seems to be different. I confirmed trying it with my US and EU profiles, and neither came up in English. As was feared, the English version is totally different, and the Japanese version likely won't be updated with the translation.

eltercero

Feb 3, 2018
Madrid
Hey, I just fired it up and updated, but the SKU seems to be different. I confirmed trying it with my US and EU profiles, and neither came up in English. As was feared, the English version is totally different, and the Japanese version likely won't be updated with the translation.

Aww, that's a pity, it is pretty cheap in amazon japan right now. Thanks a lot for checking it out!

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know was released outside of Dec but was Blacksad any good?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Tools Up just drops you in the game and doesn't tell you how it functions differently than Overcooked (you need to hold buttons this time). But I can see it being more cooperative since someone has to hold the blueprint to see what needs to be done.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Dead Cells first paid dlc is coming in Q1 2020.

I tried to love that game, but dying more than 10-15 times at the last boss and having to restart from scratch everytime really burned me out.. Especially as I never struggle to reach the boss, I think I reached it on my 5th or 6th try maybe (at least really fast), but it still takes 30-40 minutes of mindlessly killing weak enemies to get my ass handed to me in 30 seconds by the final boss.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I wouldn't go that far as it's a matter of taste, but yeah it's not appealing to me either, has a bit too much of that old Flash game look... Is there a demo ?

There is. I grabbed the demo because "I could" and it reveal an incredibly (surprisingly) polished game. Sure it has that old Amiga/Flash vibe, until you actually start playing it and realise it is solidly realised.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
It may feel fun to have more moves to move around faster/easier in earlier parts, but ooooh boy was backtracking absolutely not fun when you don't know what you need to do. I'd say have a guide ready to reduce the time spent trying to figure out what you need to do next so you can get back to what the game does best in being a Ninja Gaiden style game but with a better difficulty curve.

Really? I mean I got 100% and the map pretty much highlights exactly where you should go with glowing marks(even the optional stuff isn't hard to distinguish on the map with open paths waiting to be checked out). Never had to look at a guide at all, and I'm not sure why you needed to?

Though backtracking a few times to the starter area(which is a bit too far from a fast travel warp) got a few sighs from me.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Yeah I can't stand games that look like old flash games like Castle Crasher, Ori and Cuphead

relax - i like the looks of these games. i've never understand the "looks like a flash game" argument.
I like Ori and Cuphead. Indeed, I'm not fond of Castle Crashers. I guess it's tied to those black outlines with plain colors and the way that everything animates.
Anyway I'll try the demo tonight to be sure :)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I can't stand games that look like old flash games like Castle Crasher, Ori and Cuphead

relax - i like the looks of these games. i've never understand the "looks like a flash game" argument.

to be fair, neither Ori nor Cuphead have "that look". Should have said Hollow Knight, which does.

Mind you, I think the whole "flash look" is a batshit argument, but still.

Dec 2, 2019
Wonderful news!! I've been waiting so long for this. JS&B was one of the best surprises for me this generation. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Yes, i enjoyed it a lot, too.

I played it enough to unlock all songs, mostly in the nice online coop mode. My son is a beast though, he cleared all songs at the insane difficulty they added lately, yes including the Mortal Kombat one. He played it on PC.
By "cleared" I mean he got S ranking in every song at maximum difficulty. It's quite insane, but if you consider he's a 1000+ hours Geometry Dash player then it's not something so unbelievable.

Performance wise this is pretty good on Switch, with barely a little slowdown here and there, but nothing that affected my enjoyment.

Last edited: