• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Any opinions on Jamestown+?

Recently I've had a real craving for shmups, and I can't wait for ESP Ra De to release, but I'm thinking this might tide me over until then.

Dec 2, 2019
I've got a Xenoblade 2 Pro Controller myself. My only complaint is some minor input lag, but maybe this is because I play (at least) 90% portable (with little to nothing input lag), or can it have something to do with my tv settings? I'm so bad at setting tvs, I have a full HD Samsung led 46"

I tried Bury Me, My Love (thanks to Dash Kappei for the headsup) and liked what I played so far. Well, played, I must say "chatted" since it's more a Whatsapp simulator lol. Anyway, I think it's worth the cost of admission of absolutely nothing. I was eligible for owning: Steredenn, NeuroVoider and The Next Penelope from the same publisher.
In Italy it's called "Se mi ami, non morire", which is a little weird :D

about the sd card upgrade: I did it my way at the end XD
I simply took out the old 128 GB SanDisk Ultra and put in the new 512 GB SanDisk Ultra. I'm quite sure this bad girl was ready to go, the Switch didn't format it, or I didn't notice anything. Took me roughly 24+ hours to download everything again, icon by icon, queueing like 25-30 games at a time.
Feels great to have all games, updates and DLC installed and still sitting on 339 free GB

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up Star Ocean and SaGa Scarlett Grace. I hope there are more discounts soon. I have 200 bucks and I want to buy a lot of RPGs.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
because it's grossly overpriced and not very good?

Wait that's my reply :p

I mean, he even said he half expected it, but maybe he means since it's coming out so much later it would be cheaper. But to be fair, its still that price on xbox and EGS.
I just don't get people. I understand those that have an issue with "Switch Tax" when there is one (depending on how it manifests itself I also have issues with it, though not for every case).
But this is a game that came out exactly a year ago only for MS, so I am not sure what those who looked forward to it (as opposed to you :-)) wanted it to cost exactly, and based on what?
It is still priced the same on XB and EGS, it is coming out on PS4 and Steam at the exact same time as the Switch version and as far as we know for the same price, so really? You personally may not have liked it, but more than a few reviewers really did (it has an 82% MC for PC with Gamespot for example giving it 90), so it's not like some game vilified by everyone that should be discounted a day after it came out, and going by howlongtobeat the median just for the main story is at 15 hours, which usually means for most more than that.
So I don't get any "overpriced" claims, except if one's standard is hollow knight, in which case people should stop buying most games unless they cost $0.99

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't get people. I understand those that have an issue with "Switch Tax" when there is one (depending on how it manifests itself I also have issues with it, though not for every case).
But this is a game that came out exactly a year ago only for MS, so I am not sure what those who looked forward to it (as opposed to you :-)) wanted it to cost exactly, and based on what?
It is still priced the same on XB and EGS, it is coming out on PS4 and Steam at the exact same time as the Switch version and as far as we know for the same price, so really? You personally may not have liked it, but more than a few reviewers really did (it has an 82% MC for PC with Gamespot for example giving it 90), so it's not like some game vilified by everyone that should be discounted a day after it came out, and going by howlongtobeat the median just for the main story is at 15 hours, which usually means for most more than that.
So I don't get any "overpriced" claims, except if one's standard is hollow knight, in which case people should stop buying most games unless they cost $0.99

you are mixing 2 things together. I never said anything about Switch Tax (in this case), I've been calling the game overpriced since day 1

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
you are mixing 2 things together. I never said anything about Switch Tax (in this case), I've been calling the game overpriced since day 1
I know you did not mention Switch tax, I actually was not even aware of your having ever called the game overpriced yourself :-). I was discussing Freezasaurus' post on the subject with you...

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I've got a Xenoblade 2 Pro Controller myself. My only complaint is some minor input lag, but maybe this is because I play (at least) 90% portable (with little to nothing input lag), or can it have something to do with my tv settings? I'm so bad at setting tvs, I have a full HD Samsung led 46"

Try in tabletop mode with the pro controller to see if you still have input lag.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I played150 hours of Divinity 2 and got to act 3. A truly fantastic RPG I have to say but I feel kind of burned out and decided to let it rest for a while. Downloading Alien now. I also have Cosmic Star Heroine unplayed sitting there but I don't want to play another RPG for a while.

Is this 150 hours on the Switch version?

Week December 05th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• Heroland - Marvelous/XSeed Games - $39.99 - 658 MB *NA*
  • EarthNight - Cleaversoft - $14.99/€13.99 - 1.7 GB
  • Tools Up! - All In! Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.1 GB
  • Immortal Planet - Monster Couch - $14.99/€14.99 - 217 MB
  • Defenders of Ekron: Definitive Edition - Chorus Worldwide - $13.99/€12.99 - 809 MB
    herolandmrki2.jpg
    earthnightdkjy4.jpg
    toolsuphok7o.jpg
    immortalplanetlwj37.jpg
    defendersofekron-defirskyt.jpg
  • SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions - Square Enix - $29.99/€29.99 (Launch sale: $23.99/€23.99) - 2.7 GB
  • Star Ocean: First Departure R - Square Enix - $20.99/€20.99 - 4.1 GB
  • Alien: Isolation - Sega Europe - $34.99/€34.99 - 17.6 GB
  • Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection - Ubisoft - $39.99/€49.99 - 19.0 GB
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog - $49.99/€49.99 - 4.8 GB
    sagascarletgraceambitolk5q.jpg
    staroceanfirstdepartu19k55.jpg
    alienisolationi6ji9.jpg
    assassinscreedtherebes8k9o.jpg
    neverwinternightsenha2vjqq.jpg
  • Simulacra - Wales Interactive - $12.99/€12.99 (Launch sale: $11.69/€11.69) - 956 MB
  • Big Pharma - Klabater - $29.99/€29.99 (Launch sale: $26.99/€26.99) - 300 MB
  • Must Dash Amigos - Minibeast - $17.99/€15.99 (Launch sale: €6.39) - 731 MB
  • March to a Million - Kairosoft - $14.00/€13.00 - 205 MB
  • NekoMiko - qureate - $9.99/€8.19 - 322 MB
    simulacraycja9.jpg
    bigpharmaqzjlr.jpg
    mustdashamigoscxkek.jpg
    marchtoamillion82jyu.jpg
    nekomiko4ijai.jpg
  • Farming Simulator 20 - Focus Home Interactive - $44.99/€44.99 - 852 MB
  • Wizards of Branderl - Kemco - $12.99/€12.99 (Launch sale: €11.69) - 221 MB
  • Smash Rush - isTom Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 191 MB
  • Space Blaze - UIG Ent. - $29.99/€29.99 - 1.3 GB
  • Tick Tock: A Tale for Two - Other Tales Interactive - $5.99/€4.99 - 695 MB
    farmingsimulator206gj2p.jpg
    wizardsofbrandelb3jy4.jpg
    smashrushvmkbr.jpg
    spaceblazerfkwf.jpg
    ticktockatalefortwo0ujpp.jpg
  • TwinBee - Arcade - Konami/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Breathing Fear - Drageus Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $2.49/€2.49) - 58 MB
  • JigSaw Solace - Playstige Interactive - $3.99/€3.99 - 230 MB
  • Space Pioneer - QubicGames - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: €4.99) - 200 MB
    arcadearchivestwinbeeatkug.jpg
    breathingfearedkkz.jpg
    jigpuzzlefukrj.jpg
    spacepioneersyjue.jpg

- Japan

• Little Bit War - Mediascape - ¥1,500
  • Motto! New Puzz Osomatsu-san: Shinpin Sotsugyou Keikaku - D3Publisher - ¥5,800
  • Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate - Nippon Columbia - ¥5,280
  • Minna no Othello - Unbalance - ¥980
  • Ganbare! Super Strikers - Worker Bee - ¥1,280
    littlebitwars4kvt.jpg
    mottonewpuzzosomatsu-k0kv8.jpg
    prettyprincessmagicalfuj6r.jpg
    minnanoothellozijd9.jpg
    ganbaresuperstrikersjvk0u.jpg

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Tempted by FM Touch, Assassins Creed, Monster Boy (sale) and Alien Isolation.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Sorry to ask this here, but I searched for a Switch |OT| and didn't find one.

I may be getting a Switch in a few days... how essential is the Pro Controller? My first game will be BotW.

www.resetera.com

Nintendo Switch |OT| Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER! MAYBE!

Moderator Edit: With sincere apologies to Rösti! I messed up the thread merge. Make sure to thank Rösti for the awesome OT. Note: White Joy-Cons only for artistic purposes, not available for purchase (yet). Press release...

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, assassin's Creed is a good port this time. I'll buy it. On sale.
It is? That's good to hear. I played through it originally on PS4 and loved it, but never got around to the DLC or Rogue, so I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

The Ezio collection is what I really want, though.

Dec 2, 2019
Switchup made a performance video. No numbers, but they said it's fluid.

PJ O'Really from NL praises it quite a bit from a performance standpoint (particularly Black Flag, but Rogue seems it's still a solid port bar the occasional hiccup during busy fights)

I'm not even interested in the games, just read the review lol

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
New Gameplay of Sakura: Of Rice and Ruin. PS4 version but it won't be too different.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
so was 3? According to DF at least.

I thought it sucked no? Risible frame rate, bugs, and overall a straight port of the last gen game without any of the improvements of the remaster. In the age of Grid, Skyrim, Darksiders, and other ports taking advantage of the switch hardware (alien recently) to bring a much better experience than what was available on the previous generation, I don't think that ac3 was really up to par.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it sucked no? Risible frame rate, bugs, and overall a straight port of the last gen game without any of the improvements of the remaster. In the age of Grid, Skyrim, Darksiders, and other ports taking advantage of the switch hardware (alien recently) to bring a much better experience than what was available on the previous generation, I don't think that ac3 was really up to par.

I only listened to the portable stuff on DF and it sounded good /shrug

I'm very tempted by Immortal Planet, been eyeing it on PC for ages.

edit: wait I own it on Steam lol >_<

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
yeah it totally doesnt happen /s

The Alien thing that Freezasaurus was talking about wasnt even Switch tax anyway, just older games coming out on new systems for the same OG price, it happens everywhere.

We've gotten some of our most spirited discussion in these threads whenever Switch game prices versus other platforms are brought up, so you won't see me objecting. ;)

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Jeeezus. The AI in Puzzle Quest is a cheating piece of shit. It's like everything I do sets up a nice bazillion-piece combo for the CPU.

I switched to Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy and am having a much better time.