• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
This is my BF haul. I know some of these are old faves from you guys, but I just didn't have the time to play them because this was a seriously busy year for me. I'm very excited to finally play them!

- Batman - The Telltale Series
- Batman: The Enemy Within
- Celeste
- Cuphead
- Earthlock
- Horizon Chase Turbo
- Tales of Vesperia
- Unravel Two (heard this is great as a co-op game, will play with my wife)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Here's my backlog of shame(which isn't as bad as I thought, I have quite a few games I did beat even if not 100%)
Digital(top 2 rows plus ace of seafood)
9LVViPG.jpg

physical:
Yj7p4x8.jpg

I'm not doing too bad... really shouldn't buy any more Jrpgs till I clear a few of the ones I have though
Edit: oh and Disgaea V complete which isn't installed right now but I have enough srpgs too work on already too

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
Here's my backlog of shame(which isn't as bad as I thought, I have quite a few games I did beat even if not 100%)
9LVViPG.jpg

physical:
Yj7p4x8.jpg

I'm not doing too bad... really shouldn't buy any more Jrpgs till I clear a few of the ones I have though
Edit: oh and Disgaea V complete which isn't installed right now but I have enough srpgs too work on already too
What's the third cartridge on the bottom?

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
9LVViPG.jpg

physical:
Yj7p4x8.jpg

Very nice selection of games!

I'm in the same boat as you: it's not that I have a huge backlog, but it's filled with loooong JRPGs. I'll need a few months to deal with FFX, FFX-2, Tales of Vesperia, Dragon's Dogma and Fire Emblem Three Houses. Oh, I also won Okami HD from Giftbot...

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I'm really annoyed. Wanted to get Rocket League for $10 and I was waiting until tonight and to open the new Christmas switch for the kids and buy it...of course it went off sale back to $20.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Very nice selection of games!

I'm in the same boat as you: it's not that I have a huge backlog, but it's filled with loooong JRPGs. I'll need a few months to deal with FFX, FFX-2, Tales of Vesperia, Dragon's Dogma and Fire Emblem Three Houses. Oh, I also won Okami HD from Giftbot...
Ha just beat Okami last month, it was a blast, ToV was good too

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Finally got the Grandia HD collection on sale!! I wish it was physical I would of bought day 1, but, I'm just so happy guys.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Cyber Deals are over in EU, ended on a sunday lolwhut? Unless they have a special Cyber Monday tomorrow (well today since it's past midnight), that seems incredibly tone-deaf :D

edit: or not, just some deals are over (the stuff on my wishlist like Bloodstained isnt on sale anymore) but several others still are.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Turok or Turok 2? Never played the series but am interested. Do either have much replayability?

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
In case anyone else is a densha otaku like me there was a video-based rail sim game that released this past week in the Japan eShop and I've really been enjoying it. I know it released in the US for 3DS previously but this version includes higher-res video, HD rumble added (pretty neat IMO). I'd love to see a new Densha de Go game but I'll take what I can get for now - I've been waiting for a rail sim on Switch since it released! Thankfully it supports english throughout so I'd expect it to be released in english territories sometime.

Another oddity released in Japan eShop last week is a paper-based puzzle game where you have to print out a puzzle on real paper for each of 20 or so puzzles. Full english support as well. Haven't gotten into it yet but if anyone is interested I'll try and follow-up with impressions.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for some Scarlet Grace reviews to hit but I think I'm gonna get it.

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
kept my haul in check.
- Horizon Chase Turbo
-Celeste
-Starlink (hard to say no to 10 bux and get an arwing too)
-botw expansion pass

really tempted to get the williams table but i'll wait for 50% off. got DQ11 but i'm still playin botw for the second time. not even gonna post my backlog cuz it's out of control.

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
kept my haul in check.
- Horizon Chase Turbo
-Celeste
-Starlink (hard to say no to 10 bux and get an arwing too)
-botw expansion pass

really tempted to get the williams table but i'll wait for 50% off. got DQ11 but i'm still playin botw for the second time. not even gonna post my backlog cuz it's out of control.
You seem to be "in check!"
BotW, Celeste... these are good can't-miss titles. Any other on-sale games in that category?
(question for the chat at large, I guess)

Last edited:

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I've got:

Sundered
The Touryst (not on sale but couldn't resist)
Gris
Super bomberman R (very disappointed, came expecting some cool throwback to the SNES games and got a mess of a game...)

This is my first black Friday with Nintendo's eShop (bought my switch last January), are discounts always so... Not good... Like this?

Was expecting like, all games 50% off and some 70, 80% etc... Specially since games on the eShop don't seen to drop in prices ever (normal price drops, not sales)

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished The Touryst earlier.

I would say I enjoyed it for the most part, there were a few really irritating niggles, and I wish they did a bit more with the monuments, or at least made them longer.

But the game really oozes charm and personality.
The Touryst is my GotY. I haven't played a game this enjoyable since Hollow Knight. Absolutely adored it. And I got 100% completion!

eltercero

Feb 3, 2018
Madrid
Re: Heroland

I had a friend pick up a physical copy of Work x Work for me from Japan earlier this year (because it was a bit of a bomb, it is super cheap new, something like 10 euro equivalent), planning to fire it up once Heroland is out to see if it is the same universal SKU and will update for English. I will report here some point after release. Might be a good way for people to pick it up cheaper if you can get a copy from Japan.

That's a great idea. It's dirt cheap in play-asia right now, but only for cyber monday. I don't know if I should buy it hoping for the universal SKU.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
A heads up - I just finished 55 hours of Vampyr (I am both a completionist and leisurely player, HLTB has it at much less...) and really enjoyed my time with the game. It's an RPG where your actions have consequences, the constant dilemma in the background is if to kill some of the NPCs, some of whom you like and some have simply not done anything wrong (drinking their blood will make you advance faster) or not. Killing someone has game consequences (not only to the neighborhood's health but also as far as the people affected by those you killed, and these always exist), same as not killing... For me it was one of those "when will I have time to play more" kind of game, as opposed to "ok, I has a good time but when is this game going to end" kind of game. Performance could be better, but it does not hurt anything, the game looks good to me and from what I read I suspect it is not much different than the game's performance on other platforms. Good and engaging story, many interesting side characters/stories, great voice acting. Did not play on easiest of settings, regretted it a few times (I'm not the best at fighting but suspect others might find my setting easy as well) but in the end I managed

Last edited:

Deleted member 20471

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
reminder for the EU crowd that Luigi's Mansion and Link's Awakening are 42.99€ (and you get 300 gold coins so its basically 39.99€) and 35€ gift cards are 28.49€ until monday on Instant Gaming (the gift cards are unsurprisingly their top seller lol, it's a hell of a deal)
That's an heck of a deal, thank you for the heads-up man! I think I'll buy at least 4 of them.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
A heads up - I just finished 55 hours of Vampyr (I am both a completionist and leisurely player, HLTB has it at much less...) and really enjoyed my time with the game. It's an RPG where your actions have consequences, the constant dilemma in the background is if to kill some of the NPCs, some of whom you like and some have simply not done anything wrong (drinking their blood will make you advance faster) or not. Killing someone has game consequences (not only to the neighborhood's health but also as far as the people affected by those you killed, and these always exist), same as not killing... For me it was one of those "when will I have time to play more" kind of game, as opposed to "ok, I has a good time but when is this game going to end" kind of game. Performance could be better, but it does not hurt anything, the game looks good to me and from what I read I suspect it is not much different than the game's performance on other platforms. Good and engaging story, many interesting side characters/stories, great voice acting. Did not play on easiest of settings, regretted it a few times (I'm not the best at fighting but suspect others might find my setting easy as well) but in the end I managed
Feel free to cross-post this in the sad and lonely OT:
www.resetera.com

Vampyr (Now on Nintendo Switch) |OT| One more for the road, doctor's orders.

Developer: Dontnod Entertainment Nintendo Switch Port: Saber Interactive (also ported The Witcher 3 to Switch) Publisher: Focus Home Interactive Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One Nintendo Switch Release Date: October 29, 2019 Original Release Date: June 5th, 2018 Genre...

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Feel free to cross-post this in the sad and lonely OT:
www.resetera.com

Vampyr (Now on Nintendo Switch) |OT| One more for the road, doctor's orders.

Developer: Dontnod Entertainment Nintendo Switch Port: Saber Interactive (also ported The Witcher 3 to Switch) Publisher: Focus Home Interactive Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One Nintendo Switch Release Date: October 29, 2019 Original Release Date: June 5th, 2018 Genre...
I never saw this OT... Will do.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 03 - Heroland - Marvelous/XSeed Games - $39.99 - 658 MB
  • 03 - EarthNight - Cleaversoft - $14.99/€13.99 - 1.7 GB
  • 03 - SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions - Square Enix - $29.99/€29.99 - 2.7 GB
  • 03 - Farming Simulator 20 - Focus Home Interactive - $44.99/€44.99 - 852 MB
  • 03 - Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog - €49.99 - 4.8 GB
  • 03 - Simulacra - Wales Interactive - $12.99/€12.99 - 956 MB
  • 03 - Tools Up! - All In! Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.1 GB
  • 03 - JigSaw Solace - Playstige Interactive - €3.99 - 230 MB
    --
  • 05 - Star Ocean: First Departure R - Square Enix
  • 05 - Alien: Isolation - Sega Europe - $34.99/€34.99 - 17.6 GB
  • 05 - Big Pharma - Klabater - $29.99/€29.99 - 300 MB
  • 05 - Defenders of Ekron: Definitive Edition - Chorus Worldwide - $13.99/€12.99 - 809 MB
  • 05 - Must Dash Amigos - Minibeast - $17.99/€15.99 - 731 MB
  • 05 - March to a Million - Kairosoft - $14.00/€13.00 - 205 MB
  • 05 - NekoMiko - qureate - $9.99/€8.19 - 322 MB
  • 05 - Wizards of Branderl - Kemco - $12.99/€12.99 - 221 MB
  • 05 - Smash Rush - isTom Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 191 MB
  • 05 - Space Blaze - UIG Ent. - $29.99/€29.99 - 1.3 GB
  • 05 - Tick Tock: A Tale for Two - Other Tales Interactive - $5.99/€4.99 - 695 MB
    --
  • 06 - Immortal Planet - Monster Couch - $14.99/€14.99 - 217 MB
  • 06 - Breathing Fear - Drageus Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 58 MB
  • 06 - Space Pioneer - QubicGames - $9.99/€9.99 - 200 MB
  • 06 - Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection - Ubisoft - $39.99/€49.99 - 19.0 GB

- Japan

• 05 - Motto! New Puzzle Osomatsu-san: Shinpin Sotsugyou Keikaku - D3Publisher - ¥5,800
  • 05 - Minna no Othello - Unbalance - ¥980
  • 05 - Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate - Nippon Columbia - ¥5,280
  • 05 - Ganbare! Super Strikers - Worker Bee - ¥1,280

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Eu cards don't work in the UK do they?
The Euro currency cards only work in Euro countries. The game cards should work across Europe region though incl UK, assuming they're multilingual. Instant Gaming doesn't seem to state either way on their descriptions though so don't take my word for it.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Euro currency cards only work in Euro countries. The game cards should work across Europe region though incl UK, assuming they're multilingual. Instant Gaming doesn't seem to state either way on their descriptions though so don't take my word for it.
Ah yeah I've used instant gaming for 3DS games before, just not currency cards. Thanks for coming back to me though!

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017

Same market but different currencies, UK isn't different of Australia or Sweden. So, probably it doesn't work.
Game digital card works, but currency card isn't.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
If you haven't already played this amazing game, then bloody well do it!

Once this sale gets around to the Switch (as they said it will), I will add it to my backlog. Having played the demo at the time, imo it is worth the full price - had I not had such a backlog I would have already bought the game, it's just that I am tired of seeing games I have in my backlog that I bought at full or near to full price getting cheaper and cheaper while I haven't gotten around to playing them yet. 50% for this game I can live with though even if I end up playing it only in a few month's time.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So... I finally did it. For those of you that remember me from the old site's eShop threads. Finally got a release date for my Wii U eShop game I've been working for 3+ years (not counting the multiple year gaps). Wii U is still the main Nintendo console right? Switch who!

Silly jokes aside, I actually ended up releasing the game in EU/AU regions about 2 years ago but was never able to get it out in North America. Mainly due to lotcheck issues, and then I was getting Married, etc. So things got busy and time kept going by. Last year I tried to get back on this, but then I suffered from a Herniated disk in my spine... So that took like 6+ months of my life and wasn't quite ready to start coding again.

But all this time, even with Wii U being super outdated, I always regretted never getting it out for the Wii U. So a few months back, I sought out to see if I can get it released for the Wii U. After a few trial and errors, finally got it approved for release for December 25th (Wed.) Even if it only sells 1 copy (that copy being bought by me), I'll honestly be happy and at peace.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My backlog is embarrassingly large, but there are a couple games still on eshop sale that I am considering picking up. I have been waiting on Slay the Spire's price to dip since it came out and, after waiting so long, idk if the $5 off is enough for me to bite. Fantasy Strike and Wolfenstein Youngblood are also calling out from my wishlist lol

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
So far just picked up the SNK 40th Collection (kinda salty though, after seeing it's $10 cheaper on Steam), will probably pick up Turok before the sale is over, and maybe Banner Saga? $5 seems like a steal for it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It still makes me mad that the way they released Dragon Marked for Death (or failed to put their DLC on sale), I can't buy the two characters I'm missing on sale.

So the Atelier series... correct me if I'm wrong, but it's got fan service, right? I don't even remember playing the earlier games (though I know I bought a couple) but I'm looking for a game my daughter would like, but how... pervy is it?

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Super Chariot is still on sale on the EU for an insanely low price (95% off). If someone needs a solid 2-player coop game for almost nothing, this game is it.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
So the Atelier series... correct me if I'm wrong, but it's got fan service, right? I don't even remember playing the earlier games (though I know I bought a couple) but I'm looking for a game my daughter would like, but how... pervy is it?
I am reasonably certain all except the last one don't have any fan service at all.

And I am under the impression (someone should correct me if I am wrong) that even the latest one has only mild fan service (as in the outfit of the main character that you see on the game cover, plus a few others), and is not pervy at all unless you consider the thighs design as pervy and not fit for your daughter to play.

A quick Google brought up this (this is for the latest game):
"In the first place, it's arguable that the only thing fanservicey about Ryza is her design itself. The game hardly draws attention to her physical qualities (apart from some stills) in the in-game cutscenes, and this is because Atelier Ryza focuses on the inner qualities of her character first and foremost. "

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
So... I finally did it. For those of you that remember me from the old site's eShop threads. Finally got a release date for my Wii U eShop game I've been working for 3+ years (not counting the multiple year gaps). Wii U is still the main Nintendo console right? Switch who!

Silly jokes aside, I actually ended up releasing the game in EU/AU regions about 2 years ago but was never able to get it out in North America. Mainly due to lotcheck issues, and then I was getting Married, etc. So things got busy and time kept going by. Last year I tried to get back on this, but then I suffered from a Herniated disk in my spine... So that took like 6+ months of my life and wasn't quite ready to start coding again.

But all this time, even with Wii U being super outdated, I always regretted never getting it out for the Wii U. So a few months back, I sought out to see if I can get it released for the Wii U. After a few trial and errors, finally got it approved for release for December 25th (Wed.) Even if it only sells 1 copy (that copy being bought by me), I'll honestly be happy and at peace.

Make it two sales.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017

Cool story, hope you get a couple of more sales!