• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up buying Puzzle Quest last night. I just found out it had a demo so I gave it a shot. Deleted it after a few minutes and bought the full game.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
In the past week I bought:
  • American Fugitive
  • Eliza
  • Puzzle Quest
  • The Touryst
and now I'm looking at Star Ocean this week, and Ashen whenever that comes out.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Heh, I'm working my way up towards something similar - just need to finalise my plans for one last raid on the sales...

tenor.gif

You sir, have exceptional taste

giphy.gif

we best friends now. Gif saved.
1457975259-armwrestle.gif

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I am reasonably certain all except the last one don't have any fan service at all.

And I am under the impression (someone should correct me if I am wrong) that even the latest one has only mild fan service (as in the outfit of the main character that you see on the game cover, plus a few others), and is not pervy at all unless you consider the thighs design as pervy and not fit for your daughter to play.

A quick Google brought up this (this is for the latest game):
"In the first place, it's arguable that the only thing fanservicey about Ryza is her design itself. The game hardly draws attention to her physical qualities (apart from some stills) in the in-game cutscenes, and this is because Atelier Ryza focuses on the inner qualities of her character first and foremost. "

Ah, thanks.

The fourth image on the shop page plus the rating (T for fantasy violence, language, sexual themes, use of alcohol) made me a little wary.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Hey fam, I'm looking to do one last dent to my wallet. Which is a better overall game? Valkyria Chronicles 1 or 4?

I'm not exactly qualified to answer this since I've only booted up VC1 once and don't own VC4, but I think VC1 is the safer buy for you since it's only $10 (versus $15) and establishes the foundational gameplay concepts that are then expanded upon in VC4 once/if you decide to move on to that after finishing VC1.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I only ended up getting Divinity Original Sin 2. I stared for a long time at Dead Cells but it shall remain my "next" game.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
BF haul so you can feel good about yourself and your sensible purchases

Fate/EXTELLA Umbral Star
Fate/EXTELLA Link
Doom (2016)
Tales of Vesperia
Disgaea 1 Complete
Dark Souls
God Eater 3
Blazing Beaks
Katamari Reroll
Earthlock
Yooka Laylee
Megaman 11
Lapis Labyrinth
Cadence of Hyrule
Labyrinth of Refrain

giphy.gif

and yes, I do realise the irony of me being "salty" earlier for buying Monster Boy in the summer sale for 25% off and now its 50% off and I barely played it, and then I buy all this shit :p

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone else is a densha otaku like me there was a video-based rail sim game that released this past week in the Japan eShop and I've really been enjoying it. I know it released in the US for 3DS previously but this version includes higher-res video, HD rumble added (pretty neat IMO). I'd love to see a new Densha de Go game but I'll take what I can get for now - I've been waiting for a rail sim on Switch since it released! Thankfully it supports english throughout so I'd expect it to be released in english territories sometime.

Another oddity released in Japan eShop last week is a paper-based puzzle game where you have to print out a puzzle on real paper for each of 20 or so puzzles. Full english support as well. Haven't gotten into it yet but if anyone is interested I'll try and follow-up with impressions.
I'm assuming densha is japanese for trains? I heard it was a very fascinating hobby overall and how some can get really devoted to it, like memorizing schedules and history behind retired trains.

I was just curious about the title of the puzzle game you mentioned because I'm always on the prowl for good puzzle games! I'm currently going through Baba and it's been really great. Please post some impressions of the game once you get a good dive into it!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Anyone else excited for/buying Heroland/Work x Work tonight or tomorrow ??!

I can't wait based on E3 previews I've read over tonight. I'm blind buying it with no reviews and will post impressions after I play it a bit :)

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
BF haul so you can feel good about yourself and your sensible purchases

Fate/EXTELLA Umbral Star
Fate/EXTELLA Link
Doom (2016)
Tales of Vesperia
Disgaea 1 Complete
Dark Souls
God Eater 3
Blazing Beaks
Katamari Reroll
Earthlock
Yooka Laylee
Megaman 11
Lapis Labyrinth
Cadence of Hyrule
Labyrinth of Refrain

giphy.gif

and yes, I do realise the irony of me being "salty" earlier for buying Monster Boy in the summer sale for 25% off and now its 50% off and I barely played it, and then I buy all this shit :p
Nice BF pickups. What will you be playing 1st off that list of games?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone made a thread for SaGa Scarlet Graces?

www.resetera.com

SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambitions |OT| So Good It Sells Itself

Release date: December 3rd, 2019 Developer: Square Enix & studio R.E.E.L Developer: Square Enix Localisation: 8-4 Platforms: PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Steam, iOS, Android Price: $29.99/£24.99/€29.99 Links: Official website | PlayStation Store | Nintendo eShop | Google Play Store | Apple...

and you didn0t ask but hey, its the other new jrpg so

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is very very cool but goddamn is the text small, at least on my lil TV. Haven't checked it out handheld at all yet but unless it scales up I imagine it's very hard to read. At least the majority of it is voice acted, but I really hope they patch in size options....
The game itself leaves a very good first impression though, it's a lot "gamier" than I expected (I more or less expected a procedurally generated Kentucky Route Zero, but there's relatively little overlap with that game and I don't know if there's any real procedural stuff going on at all) and I'm psyched to see how the small stories spiral out as it goes on. Really neat core concept.

ParanoiaR

Alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
Just bought Death Mark, hope I'll like, I haven't played a point and click / Vidual Novel in a long ass time

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm assuming densha is japanese for trains? I heard it was a very fascinating hobby overall and how some can get really devoted to it, like memorizing schedules and history behind retired trains.

It is. The 7 years old of one of my colleague used to know all the train schedules in the Tokyo area. It's a pretty harmless hobby as compared to all the weird shit existing in Japan.

I bought 2 of these discounted eShop cards on instant gaming. Now I've got 70 Euros sitting on my account, and the struggle begins not to buy all sorts of shit...

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
In case anyone else is a densha otaku like me there was a video-based rail sim game that released this past week in the Japan eShop and I've really been enjoying it. I know it released in the US for 3DS previously but this version includes higher-res video, HD rumble added (pretty neat IMO). I'd love to see a new Densha de Go game but I'll take what I can get for now - I've been waiting for a rail sim on Switch since it released! Thankfully it supports english throughout so I'd expect it to be released in english territories sometime.

Another oddity released in Japan eShop last week is a paper-based puzzle game where you have to print out a puzzle on real paper for each of 20 or so puzzles. Full english support as well. Haven't gotten into it yet but if anyone is interested I'll try and follow-up with impressions.
very curious about kamenazo!
and hoping it gets an western release

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018

I was just curious about the title of the puzzle game you mentioned because I'm always on the prowl for good puzzle games! I'm currently going through Baba and it's been really great. Please post some impressions of the game once you get a good dive into it!

The paper puzzle game is called Kaminazo (Still haven't started it up - hopefully soon!).

Here's the link to the Japanese eShop for it: https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000023304

Main site for the game: https://www.delightworks.co.jp/games/indies/kaminazo/

Lastly, here's a link to the English PDF downloads to print for each stage: https://www.delightworks.co.jp/games/indies/kaminazo/paper/en/

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I miraculously avoided buying any games on sale.

That said, Deadly Premonition Origins on cart was received so that technically counts I think 🤔. But that was it for November buys.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
The paper puzzle game is called Kaminazo (Still haven't started it up - hopefully soon!).

Here's the link to the Japanese eShop for it: https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000023304

Main site for the game: https://www.delightworks.co.jp/games/indies/kaminazo/

Lastly, here's a link to the English PDF downloads to print for each stage: https://www.delightworks.co.jp/games/indies/kaminazo/paper/en/
Oh thanks for the links! The concept seems pretty unique and I love the simple anime style. It kinda reminds me of Attack of Friday Monsters but more visual novel/puzzle based gameplay! I hope it comes stateside since it already has eng support but it might be my first Japan store purchase.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
No but I am getting my 1TB card in the mail tomorrow - ummm do I have to format the card it do something special lol?
Did I read something about Pokémon corrupting cards that were formatted the wrong way?!

Didn't do anything when my 512GB came and worked out of the box.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
Speaking of visual novels, does anyone know where I can find a list of all the ones on the switch? The eshop search engine didn't have a section for that and I would rather not scroll through the awful eshop.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
that's how I did my 400gb card so I'm just gonna pop it in and pray lol

I just switched from a 400 to Black Friday 1 TB card.

Used a PC for the first time and popped one SD card in the reader and the replacement via USB card reader and copied it straight over. Tried and failed with a Mac before and it took days to redownload everything.

Didn't have to do anything to the new card and it's working fine. Did take about 6 hours to transfer the 400 gigs

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Did I miss some killer deal on the 1TB or something, because from what I remember they were still pretty ridiculous.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee

Used a PC for the first time and popped one SD card in the reader and the replacement via USB card reader and copied it straight over. Tried and failed with a Mac before and it took days to redownload everything.

Didn't have to do anything to the new card and it's working fine. Did take about 6 hours to transfer the 400 gigs

hold up. You mean I can COPY my card?!
I thought everything had to be downloaded again . MEGATON!!!

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Has joy con drift been fixed on switch lite yet? Looking at getting a second system. One to keep docked and the lite for mobile play.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No but I am getting my 1TB card in the mail tomorrow - ummm do I have to format the card it do something special lol?
Did I read something about Pokémon corrupting cards that were formatted the wrong way?!
I wouldn't say you have to, but I'm not tempting fate. I'm just following the instructions which very clearly state to format the new card with the SD Formatter. This is my third time doing this now and I've never had an issue, but you do you.
Didn't do anything when my 512GB came and worked out of the box.
that's how I did my 400gb card so I'm just gonna pop it in and pray lol
Shrug. Again, just following Nintendo's instructions!

Nintendo doesn't really support the transfer on a Mac. It does weird filesystem stuff with hidden files and things that the Switch doesn't like.
Did I miss some killer deal on the 1TB or something, because from what I remember they were still pretty ridiculous.
MSRP $550 down to $199. Still pricey, but I've been cleaning out my 400GB fridge for months and that was my sweet spot.

PS: 7 hours, 32%

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it was mentioned, but Master Blaster Zero 2 has a DLC character from the Gunvolt series & is free until the 12th. You can still nab it even if you don't have the game yet (though it's on sale right now for $7.50), so get it while it's free.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if it was mentioned, but Master Blaster Zero 2 has a DLC character from the Gunvolt series & is free until the 12th. You can still nab it even if you don't have the game yet (though it's on sale right now for $7.50), so get it while it's free.

thanks for the head's up, will grab the dlc. Been waiting for a sale on BM1 and 2 for ages (in EU), hopefully the fact that NA has it now means we will get one soon also /shrug

edit: oh lol it actually adds the game icon to your homepage, what a tease >_<

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Anyone know why Raining Blobs is now unavailable for purchase on the eShop? I've had my eye on it since I like competitive puzzle games like Puyo Puyo and Magical Drop and it has good Steam reviews IIRC.