• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I'm a dumb person and I have discovered that in 'Strikey Sisters' you can change the difficulty level in the menu.

In its default normal setting the ball is too slow, but if you change to the hard difficulty, the speed of the ball will increase, in the same way as the number of enemies.

And then, yeah. This is starting to feel like a true DYA Game.

Once you learn how to play well, it becomes frantic as hell since the first level, at least in the hard difficulty.

The enemies will be constantly throwing you projectiles, and with a charge attack you can reflect the projectiles.

So at the end, instead of destroying the blocks with the ball like in your normal 'Arkanoid' clone, you will be immersed in a chaotic mess reflecting projectiles, annihilating enemies and obtaining powerful magic attacks filling the screen with bombs, lightnings and energy balls in a pure 'Dragon Ball' fashion.

And then, the game escalates from an okay SNES game, to a game with the finesse of a Data East arcade from the 90s.

Packed with content, secret levels, collectibles, hard achievements and most importantly: a bloody brilliant local co-op mode.

So it's a game that at the end I'm enjoying A LOT, and that I can recommend. But people interested should seriously consider raising the difficulty level from normal to hard.

By the way, the trailer linked in the first page of the eShop thread, which is a boring segment of gameplay, don't reflect the game as well as this recent Switch trailer, played in normal difficulty. So imagine this with the double of chaos, bullets, enemies and a much more faster ball:

That pixel art is so SNES like, it's perfect! Looks really fun too. Do you hit the ball automatically or do you need to hit it actively with a button?

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Can anyone recommend to me a good 3d platformer (already played smo and crash bandicoot) or at the very least any other game where you traverse in a 3d plane? I want to take a break from 2d sidescrollers for a bit. Id be down for something that relies on exploration.

Im also open to a top down zelda style game.

I liked Yooka-Laylee. It's much better than it's reputation. It has some annoying bits here and there but it's certainly better than something like Crash trilogy. That game doesn't really hold up that well. People compare Yooka with their memory of games from N64 era although those games have much more annoying things today than Yooka.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
That pixel art is so SNES like, it's perfect! Looks really fun too. Do you hit the ball automatically or do you need to hit it actively with a button?

There are three possible ways of sending back a ball.

You can press the A button to hit the ball, like in 'Windjammers'.

You can charge a super attack with the A button. Once is charged, you can decide when to use this the next time that you press the A button. If you use the super attack to hit the ball, it will reach the double of speed. If you hit an enemy bullet, you will reflect the bullet, killing enemies or destroying blocks. So it's an essential technique to clean fast the blocks. And if you hit an enemy in the lower part of the screen, you will kill him with a single attack, instead of needing to use various hits.

If you don't press the A button but you touch the ball, the ball will bounce on you, but it will reduce its speed. This is intended to reserve your charged attack for other things, like a bullet coming just after the ball, so you don't have time to charge other attack just after hitting the ball.

More impressive that the SNES feeling of the pixel art, is how in some aspects, the game is referencing Mega CD and PC Engine CD titles. Its cinematic sequences are clearly inspired in 'Popful Mail', an obscure Falcom game for the Mega CD. And the music tries to faithfully imitate the type of sequenced tracks included in these 16 bits CD-ROM games.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple levels of Strikey Sisters and didn't find Normal difficulty really as 'easy' or lethargic as stated. Largely I was balancing my focus between collecting coins and ball tracking(seems the way levels track coin collection, there is a potential reward for missing none?)

So between the endlessly respawning enemies that can muck up the playfield as you clear blocks, and balancing your desire to snag all the falling loot was keeping me on my toes plenty on normal. Even considering hp restoration items can drop semi regularly, I started factoring purposeful ball misses in order to ensure grabbing loot if I had the hp to spare.

But the game hasn't explained what those icons on the world map by each stage refer to, so maybe this survival vs 100% collection balance approach is needless? I only played briefly so far and haven't sussed it all out yet. Having a good time though.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Played a couple levels of Strikey Sisters and didn't find Normal difficulty really as 'easy' or lethargic as stated. Largely I was balancing my focus between collecting coins and ball tracking(seems the way levels track coin collection, there is a potential reward for missing none?)

So between the endlessly respawning enemies that can muck up the playfield as you clear blocks, and balancing your desire to snag all the falling loot was keeping me on my toes plenty on normal. Even considering hp restoration items can drop semi regularly, I started factoring purposeful ball misses in order to ensure grabbing loot if I had the hp to spare.

But the game hasn't explained what those icons on the world map by each stage refer to, so maybe this survival vs 100% collection balance approach is needless? I only played briefly so far and haven't sussed it all out yet. Having a good time though.

In every level, there are three types of treasure chests.

One includes a gem, and every level has a special gem that you can collect.

Some levels include a treasure chest with a key. If you get a key, an alternate path to a secret level will be opened.

There is other type of treasure chests including a capture card.

If you throw this card against an enemy, he will be included in your monsterpedia.

Every level in the map has icons showing if you have been able to collect all the coins in a run, all the enemies in this level and if they have been included in your monster collection, and if you have collected the special gem.

The problem of playing in normal is not as much the difficulty as the feeling of the game, or how frantic is.

For example, playing in hard there are much more enemies and bullets, so you will also get more special items. So the gameplay will be more frantic and chaotic, destroying blocks with items, reflecting bullets to kill monsters and getting even more attack items, etc.

But this is a personal preference. It's great that they have even include a third easy mode, with the ball moving more slowly. So you can play this game with casual friends without stressing them. And it seems like a super fun game for playing with kids.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
One thing to note is usually that Eplexia is generally a bit more hardcore than the average player :D ...take that into account when the topic of difficulty comes up :D

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
In every level, there are three types of treasure chests.

One includes a gem, and every level has a special gem that you can collect.

Some levels include a treasure chest with a key. If you get a key, an alternate path to a secret level will be opened.

There is other type of treasure chests including a capture card.

If you throw this card against an enemy, he will be included in your monsterpedia.

Every level in the map has icons showing if you have been able to collect all the coins in a run, all the enemies in this level and if they have been included in your monster collection, and if you have collected the special gem.

The problem of playing in normal is not as much the difficulty as the feeling of the game, or how frantic is.

For example, playing in hard there are much more enemies and bullets, so you will also get more special items. So the gameplay will be more frantic and chaotic, destroying blocks with items, reflecting bullets to kill monsters and getting even more attack items, etc.

But this is a personal preference. It's great that they have even include a third easy mode, with the ball moving more slowly. So you can play this game with casual friends without stressing them. And it seems like a super fun game for playing with kids.

Thanks for the input!

I was trying to figure out what the card item was as I wasn't sure if it was meant to hold onto when completing a stage(thus taking away your special weapon slot while holding it) as it wasn't apparent to me there was a bestiary to fill out by using it, which is what the icon relates to. I literally thought it was a special item you wanted to beat a stage while holding to fill that completion icon...

Impressed enough with this game that I think I'll jump on Viviette today as well to take advantage of the 10% sale before it goes away.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I liked Yooka-Laylee. It's much better than it's reputation. It has some annoying bits here and there but it's certainly better than something like Crash trilogy. That game doesn't really hold up that well. People compare Yooka with their memory of games from N64 era although those games have much more annoying things today than Yooka.

100% agreed. Yooka Laylee is fantastic at its core, with only the minecart levels and arcade games holding it back.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Honestly I'd just jump straight to Ultimate. /s

I can't speak for Brawl's multiplayer, but the singleplayer was riddled with stuttering and wasn't a pleasant experience, so I doubt MP would fare much better. It's also strangely gritty and depressing for a Bomberman clone IMO, and oddly enough, suffers from excessive serious narration. (It's almost impressive how many lines they gave to the narrator. He just talks way too often to the point of annoyance.)

But hey, $2 is cheap so you're not risking a lot if you don't like it. Space Ribbon and Super Hero Fight Club: Reloaded also support 4 players and are on sale for only $1 at the moment, so you might want to consider grabbing those too/instead.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I would be better off waiting for Bomberman R to go on sale or something then. I'll check out those other two then.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

100% agreed. Yooka Laylee is fantastic at its core, with only the minecart levels and arcade games holding it back.

Also agreed. I had a relatively good time earning the platinum trophy in Yooka on PS4. It largely suffered with a few hangups with its minigames and a couple challenge hurdles, but the scope and design framework of the exploration and platform collection were not far off from the target intent.

Expectations dragged it down as it didn't quite match or beat the fond memories of its 90's brethren, which can be a death knell among today's online culture, but for the most part it delivered its design goal with a fraction of the budget and backing.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember you mentioning it, no. That's really awesome though. It seems like a very thoughtfully crafted game. Will definitely pick it up on Switch or Xbox One if you continue to enjoy it to the end. I'm getting a bit of a Gardens Between vibe from the game, albeit with co-op (that game was so great).

Completely finished the first three worlds/areas of Grades of Separation now (of at least 6, unless one door merely leads to an ending sequence).

The first and second world had some pretty challenging puzzles, but the third area was relatively easy. It's still fun to work through in co-op though (in the same way that Portal 2 co-op was fun to play, despite lacking any form of challenge).

I'm enjoying it more than Pode, an excellent co-op puzzle game from last year that not enough people have played.

Oh, it is possible to play GoS by oneself, switching between the two characters, but I have to imagine it's both less fun and more awkward/difficult to play through it like that.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Completely finished the first three worlds/areas of Grades of Separation now (of at least 6, unless one door merely leads to an ending sequence).

The first and second world had some pretty challenging puzzles, but the third area was relatively easy. It's still fun to work through in co-op though (in the same way that Portal 2 co-op was fun to play, despite lacking any form of challenge).

I'm enjoying it more than Pode, an excellent co-op puzzle game from last year that not enough people have played.

Oh, it is possible to play GoS by oneself, switching between the two characters, but I have to imagine it's both less fun and more awkward/difficult to play through it like that.

Thanks for the continued impressions! That's good to know about the single player mode too.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
How much were we expecting BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! to cost? Per SaveCoins it's now listed on American region stores, with a base price of US$49.99 - which I have to say, I'm surprised by. That said, there's a 61% discount currently showing for a few regions.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
How much were we expecting BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! to cost? Per SaveCoins it's now listed on American region stores, with a base price of US$49.99 - which I have to say, I'm surprised by. That said, there's a 61% discount currently showing for a few regions.

No way on planet Earth will it cost $50. That's probably just a mistake or a placeholder.

The other three BoxBoy games were priced at $5 each on 3DS, so for the next one I'm expecting $15 max, but most likely $10.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
No way on planet Earth will it cost $50. That's probably just a mistake or a placeholder.

The other three BoxBoy games were priced at $5 each on 3DS, so for the next one I'm expecting $15 max, but most likely $10.
there is no price for that game, that listing is made up. it'll cost anywhere between 10 and 20 bucks.
Yeah, $10-$15 seems much more realistic. I wonder where the site's taking that supposed pricing from...

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Thanks to Tetris 99 I ended up buying Puyo Puyo Tetris which just conveniently happened to be on sale.
The main idea is to be able to play tetris in vs mode with my kids, playing in 99 is brutal for newbies lol !

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Under no circumstances should you play The Way Remastered. I bought the game 1 euros and decide to play and finish it during a long flight I had this weekend and what a mistake it was. Imagine a poor man's version of another world with the controls of Future Wars. The plateforms sections are dreadful, the "action" parts are incredibly janky, and the puzzles are either braindead or near impossible to figure out. The story itself starts well and wears extremely thin after the first 2 hours. Even if you have 12 hours of flight, don't play that game.

In other news, I just started rain world. I still do not understand everything, but I'm mostly liking what I'm seeing. However, I don't know if I need that kind of game in my life right now, it's gonna soon be spring here (I currently live in Barcelona) and that looks like an experience to suck up my energy.
I'm having a really bad steak in 2019 game-wise so far. I hated Momodora and never understood the praises it received here. Transistor and especially Gris made me very angry by how shallow they were. Wargroove was a big disappointment for reasons I already explained. The Way is scandalous.
Ape Out and shakedown Hawaii can't come out soon enough.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
With BoxBoy showing up on the Switch (being a announced a day after I wished for it in some other thread), I sure hope Pushmo gets some kind of Switch collection / port / sequel

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I just remembered I bought Okami in one of my last night spending sprees last year...

Anybody else find a game buried in their digital collection you forgot you bought?

Give us folders Nintendo!

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 18 - Trine 2: Complete Story - Frozenbyte - $16.99/€16.99 - 2.4 GB
    --
  • 19 - Steins;Gate Elite - Spike Chunsoft - $59.99/€59.99 - 7.0 GB
  • 19 - BlazeRush - Targem Games - $11.99/€11.99 - 471 MB
    --
  • 20 - I Wanna Fly - Ultimate Games - $2.42/€1.99 - 66 MB
  • 20 - Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition - Digital Dreams - €26.49 - 3.0 GB *EU except UK*
    --
  • 21 - Devil Engine - Dangen Ent. - $19.99/€19.99 - 586 MB
  • 21 - Hell Warders - PQube - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.3 GB
  • 21 - Q.U.B.E. 2 - TrappedNerveGames - $29.99/€25.99 - 2.4 GB
  • 21 - Aragami: Shadow Edition - Merge Games - $29.99/€29.99 - 3.2 GB
  • 21 - Gigantic Army - Storybird - $8.99/€8.99 - 290 MB
  • 21 - Yume Nikki -Dream Diary- - Active Gaming Media - $19.99/€19.99 (Preorder sale: $15.99/€15.99) - 1.5 GB
  • 21 - Rotating Brave - Cosen - $4.99/€4.99 - 90 MB
  • 21 - Warplanes: WW2 Dogfight - 7Levels - $9.99/€9.99 - 197 MB
  • 21 - X-Morph: Defense - Exor Studios - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.4 GB
  • 21 - Smashing the Battle - Platinum Rocket
  • 21 - Almost There: The Platformer - Quantum Astrophysicists Guild - $9.99/€8.19 - 224 MB
  • 21 - The Journey Down Trilogy - BlitWorks - $39.99/€39.99 - 5.2 GB
  • 21 - Raining Coins - Crazysoft - $5.99/€5.99 - 98 MB
  • 21 - My Arctic Farm 2018 - Plug In Digital - $9.99/€9.99 - 383 MB
  • 21 - Surfingers - Forever Ent. - $4.99 - 206 MB *NA*
    --
  • 22 - Tyr: Chains of Valhalla - Ennui Studio - $9.99 - 574 MB
  • 22 - Quest for the Golden Duck - Bigosaur - $9.99 - 306 MB

Japan
  • 21 - Alex Kidd in Miracle World - Sega Mark III - M2/Sega - ¥999
  • 21 - Girls und Panzer Dream Tank Match DX - Bandai Namco - ¥8,208
  • 21 - Gyakuten Saiban 123 Naruhodo Selection - Capcom - ¥3,300
  • 21 - Soikano ~Gyutto Dakishimete~ - Entergram - ¥5,980
  • 21 - Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart 2 - Harukaze - ¥7,200
  • 21 - Oshiete Onedari Shogi - SilverStar - ¥800

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
This week finally arrives.
Jbr6mSE.gif

BlueImmaculateAffenpinscher.gif

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Is Chasm worth a go at $16 for someone experiencing a little fatigue with rogue and/or metroidvania games? It always looked interesting.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Girls und Panzer Dream Tank Match DX. You can check the OT of the original PS4 version to learn more about the game: https://www.resetera.com/threads/girls-und-panzer-dream-tank-match-ot-keep-calm-and-panzer-on.24311/

Like the PS4 version, there is also an Asian version of the game which has English support. You can find it on playasia.

I highly recommend watching the anime series as well as the movies. They are extremely well produced.

Last edited:

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Girls und Panzer Dream Tank Match DX. You can check the OT of the original PS4 version to learn more about the game: https://www.resetera.com/threads/girls-und-panzer-dream-tank-match-ot-keep-calm-and-panzer-on.24311/

Like the PS4 version, there is also an Asian version of the game which has English support. You can find it on playasia.

I highly recommend watching the anime series as well as the movies. They are extremely well produced.

Does the Japanese eShop release include English texts?

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017

Thanks, game looks fun but the anime girls, yikes.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017

LostLink

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if those adapter things would work? I had one to use my pro controller on the PS4 and PC at one point I should check that out.
I surfed the net, and what I found a lot is that hacking or downloading homebrew/haxci or something, and the last thing I wanna do is to harm the hardware. I'd appreciate it if anyone can help.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone have experience with Steins;Gate Elite? Never played the visual novel or watched the series and am interested to dive in.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
The split party mechanic of 'Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle' works really well.

H2x1_NSwitchDS_HauntedDungeonsHyakkiCastle_image1600w.jpg

I remember reading a lot of complaints of this being meaningless, because it was not exploited.

Maybe, playing in Easy difficulty. But in Normal or Hard, you're forced to study the placement of each enemy and the layout and gimmicks of each section in the map, to be able to attack each monster from the front and the back position.

If not, they can easily destroy you, because the best defense is to make inactive the party that is facing the monster.

So at the end, all the game is like a real-time version of 'Etrian Odyssey', which each monster working as a FOE.

Studying the map and dividing the party to be able to defend the attacks.

I also love the variety of traps and puzzles, it's dungeon crawling at its best.

And I have a cat on my party, so I'm happy.

Last edited:

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Under no circumstances should you play The Way Remastered. I bought the game 1 euros and decide to play and finish it during a long flight I had this weekend and what a mistake it was. Imagine a poor man's version of another world with the controls of Future Wars. The plateforms sections are dreadful, the "action" parts are incredibly janky, and the puzzles are either braindead or near impossible to figure out. The story itself starts well and wears extremely thin after the first 2 hours. Even if you have 12 hours of flight, don't play that game.

In other news, I just started rain world. I still do not understand everything, but I'm mostly liking what I'm seeing. However, I don't know if I need that kind of game in my life right now, it's gonna soon be spring here (I currently live in Barcelona) and that looks like an experience to suck up my energy.
I'm having a really bad steak in 2019 game-wise so far. I hated Momodora and never understood the praises it received here. Transistor and especially Gris made me very angry by how shallow they were. Wargroove was a big disappointment for reasons I already explained. The Way is scandalous.
Ape Out and shakedown Hawaii can't come out soon enough.

I didn't get that far in The Way but the writing felt really off.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I assume there aren't many impressions here because there is a separate thread about it, but in case any of you missed it, don't sleep on the Daemon X Machina demo.

Dzj7V0HWkAAPcrO.jpg:large

While it has technical issues (frame rate is bad), apparently this is the E3 build, so it's ancient by game dev standards and the end product will probably play a lot better.

The game is very, very cool. Some people think it's a bit slow, but if you put some time into the demo and grab gear from downed opponents, you can customize your mech and speed things up a lot (that said, I'm totally fine with the pacing from the start, but YMMV).

It's a divisive so game, so if you're into mechs and all that stuff, don't ignore it due to negative comments: it's free, so give it a try!

So at the end, all the game is like a real-time version of 'Etrian Odyssey', which each monster working as a FOE.

This sounds pretty hardcore! ^_^

Waiting on a sale, but I'm very interested.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
For me the controls were the worst part of the experience. It really felt like the developers played some old Delphine Software games and tried to mate Another World with Future Wars. And like people who mix Pizza with Pineapple, the end result is absolutely disgusting.

Yikes! I mean I finished the game myself a few months ago and really didn't have much issue?

Indeed It's methodical and rigid like the old games it emulates, but I quite enjoyed the planet you explore and the puzzles therein. Not as strong as the classics, but it was an alright attempt to deliver another one of those. Some of the puzzles did demand delicate reaction and timing that could lead to brief fits of frustration, but they weren't constant. I get not enjoying the type of experience, but I cleared it in a weekend and didn't walk away thinking well...that.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
The split party mechanic of 'Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle' works really well.

H2x1_NSwitchDS_HauntedDungeonsHyakkiCastle_image1600w.jpg

I remember reading a lot of complaints of this being meaningless, because it was not exploited.

Maybe, playing in Easy difficulty. But in Normal or Hard, you're forced to study the placement of each enemy and the layout and gimmicks of each section in the map, to be able to attack each monster from the front and the back position.

If not, they can easily destroy you, because the best defense is to make inactive the party that is facing the monster.

Studying the map and dividing the party to be able to defend the attacks.

I also love the variety of traps and puzzles, it's dungeon crawling at its best.

And I have a cat on my party, so I'm happy.
I have a mild interest in this one. I love a good first person dungeon crawl but I may have burnt out on Labirynth of Refrain and need a break.

Karakato

Oct 29, 2017
Blossom Tales is basically straight up just Link to the Past. Check that one out.
3D platformers to consider: Yooka-Laylee, Poi, Unbox, Snake Pass (sort of), RiME (more puzzle-focused)

2D Zelda-style: Blossom Tales, Ittle Dew 2, Reverie
Took a look at all the games and I think Blossom tales is right up my alley and I'll consider YK, Poi, Reverie and Rime (Reminds me of Ico) whenever they get on sale. Thanks for the recommendations though!

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I have a mild interest in this one. I love a good first person dungeon crawl but I may have burnt out on Labirynth of Refrain and need a break.

By reading the description on the Steam store, now I understand better the difference between my impressions and the early negative feedback that I read about the game.

The game has been completely redone from scratch, until the point that in Steam you can download the old version, or this new and significantly improved version with changes the combat system and redesigns most of the floors with new traps and gimmicks.

For example, the new mechanic in which you will turn into stone your not controlled party with the purpose of defending enemies, is something new.

It's sad that some early reviews will never be updated.

At its current state, the game is a damn dungeon crawling masterpice.

Here are the Steam notes for this revamped version:

The 2 Party System has been improved for better combat!
When you divide your party into 2, the group you aren't controlling turns to stone and has greatly increased defense. Some Yokai cannot be attacked from the front so use your stone companions as shields and strike your foes from behind.Enjoy thrilling battles never before seen in Hyakki Castle!

Each floor has been revamped and improved with new mechanisms!
Every floor has been reimagined with new and improved traps, mechanisms, and Yokai placement. New mechanisms and floor layouts have been replaced to improve the play experience!

Yokai with new powers and behaviors!
From teleporting Gaikotsu Yujo, to Gyuki suddenly striking from the ceiling, certain Yokai have gained powerful new abilities!

Battles with Boss Yokai have been revamped!
Most boss Yokai battles are completely different this time around. One change for example: the 2nd boss, Haragao no Mure, advances through 3 rooms. In the final room, a Shokandama and multiple fakes will appear. Make sure to attack the real one!

Choose from 3 control settings!
You can choose from 3 different control settings for your gamepad.

New Tutorial floor added!
When you start the game, there will be a tutorial introducing the 2 Party System and how to utilize it.

You no longer fill your stomach when leveling up or using a save point.
In the castle, you must eat the food you find to recover HG and sleep to recover HP and MP. Food acquisition and management are now key mechanics in this dungeon RPG.

New CG events when moving between floors!
When you move from one floor to another, enjoy 17 new CG events.

Parts of the UI and display have been updated!
Certain portions of the user interface, along with HP, MP, and other displays have been updated. Selectable character portraits have been added.

When a floor is fully explored, you can obtain hidden items!
If you reveal the entire Floor Map, you can unlock and warp to a room with hidden items.

New save points!
Added save points to floors.

Extra Dungeon revamp!
Experience the new and improved, High-difficulty Extra Dungeon, available after clearing the game.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
By reading the description on the Steam store, now I understand better the difference between my impressions and the early negative feedback that I read about the game.

The game has been completely redone from scratch, until the point that in Steam you can download the old version, or this new and significantly improved version with changes the combat system and redesigns most of the floors with new traps and gimmicks.

For example, the new mechanic in which you will turn into stone your not controlled party with the purpose of defending enemies, is something new.

It's sad that some early reviews will never be updated.

At its current state, the game is a damn dungeon crawling masterpice.

Here are the Steam notes for this revamped version:
I appreciate that. I think you are right in that some of the earlier reviews and impressions give pause. Stinks too because this was on sale recently and I didn't pull the trigger based off that. Now I will move it up.

I liked the idea of the split party. I ised to enjoy playing 2 player Double Dungeons as a kid and it gave me that vibe only in a much better game and I can control both parts by myself

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
I surfed the net, and what I found a lot is that hacking or downloading homebrew/haxci or something, and the last thing I wanna do is to harm the hardware. I'd appreciate it if anyone can help.
Try the Mayflash NS Magic or 8bitdo adapter (one per controller), both around 15-20 €/$. I have two Mayflash ones and they work perfectly with my Wii U Pro, Wii motes/classic adapters, vice versa on PC. PS4 and Xbox controllers also work smoothly on Switch/PC so I've heard.

Edit: sorry, you meant on the Wii U. Don't think they work on there, but you can send Mayflash an e-mail regardless (they respond quite quickly).