• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What eShop does one need to get the Asian version? I tried Hong Kong, but they don't even appear to have a shop.

Edit: further investigation reveals that this might be the case for all non-JP Asian eshop regions. Can anyone confirm? If I can only get this physically, it's a non-starter for me, as the import tax is a killer.
Afaik there is no regional eShop for SEA.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Still haven't been released, and 'Baba is You' is yet the most important release in this first half of 2019.

One of the great winners in the 2018 IGF Awards, the most important prizes in the video game industry.

It won the Excellence in Design and the Best Student Game awards.

And it was also nominated for the Seumas McNally Grand Prize and the Nuovo Award categories.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I thought those were the best parts of both Ms Splosion Man and the original Splosion Man. I think I remember her singing\humming a Beyonce song...but maybe im mistaken.

It just never stops, you have ears of steel my friend. Just not the target audience for that brand of comedy myself, which is a shame because the overall game was worth the money

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Feels good to have the AAC+ trailer out there, even if they used a whack thumbnail :P

This is pretty much the ultimate version of the game and has a bunch of new content & features, Campaign+ is a complete remix of all 25 levels, aim assist to allow single joy-con support for easy co-op (and massive boost in accessibility), a new costume for each character.

Plus literal years of refinements, improvements, and a ton of optimization to get it running slick and smooth.

Thanks for the shoutout.
Will there also be a mode/will it be possible playing without the battery mechanic? Only thing that I hated about the game. Ultimately killed it for me, personally.

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
hope assault android gets a second life. heard it didn't sell well. got it on pc already, highly recommended for bullet hell and shooters enthusiasts in general!

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Assault Android Cactus is a fantastic twin stick shooter, one of the best in recent years and like the only Unity game on PS4 that not only consistently runs great but maintains 60FPS virtually all the time (that I have played anyway); it's really, really great. It's one of my most looked forward Switch ports as well so I'm happy to finally see it announced and will definitely be getting it day 1.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
well i never got the game but i'm super fan of bullet hell games so after watching the trailer and then read the stuff here this is going for my list.
Just need to receive the money in march so i'm able to get it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I finally have a budget again and need a cool chill out and have fun and shut off the brain game since the budget is due to a new job and I need something to just destroy stuff in so I'm buying dynasty warriors 8

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Baba is You looks cute. I hope the game lets you completely mess around with the rules available on the screen and have them have an effect, and not just the combinations that lead to clearing the level. Like, in that trailer if you push the "you" block to the wall in the place of "stop", I hope you can do something like move the wall, even if that's not the solution.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also, what game is this? looks neat
Girls und Panzer Dream Tank Match DX. My impressions from the not-DX PS4 version:
It is a pretty simple, straightforward arcade tank game. No frills. Way better than the Vita game. I'd say if you like the show/movie/ova, you will probably love it. Lots of fan service.

If you don't or are not familiar with it, I would watch some streams/research more.
I'd say you are good to go then.

I'd just caution people coming in blind, a lot of the value here is seeing/recreating events from the show, locations, hearing your favorite characters shout random things as you drive around blasting stuff, or decorating tanks with their pictures. There is a lot of post-series dialogue between characters too. The gameplay by itself, is 6~7/10ish. Easy to be mislead a bit with flashy gifs.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Observer - $29.99/€29.99 - 18 GB

How is the Switch version double the size of the other platforms?

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
has anyone played Reverie? I watched the Quick Look and I'm intrigued. The main thing I'm wondering about is the difficulty.

Dec 14, 2017
The gameplay in the trailer is Switch footage, it's 60fps (Someone else asked a similar question so there's more info in an earlier post about framerate/resolution etc)
You made my day! I've been hoping this comes to Switch. I played it on PS4 and beat all but the final boss. Maybe being able to pick up and play whenever will finally get me over that hump.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels good to have the AAC+ trailer out there, even if they used a whack thumbnail :P

This is pretty much the ultimate version of the game and has a bunch of new content & features, Campaign+ is a complete remix of all 25 levels, aim assist to allow single joy-con support for easy co-op (and massive boost in accessibility), a new costume for each character.

Plus literal years of refinements, improvements, and a ton of optimization to get it running slick and smooth.

Thanks for the shoutout.

WHOA

I love this game. Such a gem on PS4. Definitely double dipping on Switch!

C'mon eShop brothers and sisters, let's support this one. It's such a great game.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA

Thanks for the shoutout.
I own the game on PS4 and loved the hell out of it. I usually don't enjoy twin stick shooters, but AAC was a ton of fun to play to the very end. My brother played with me and that was also memorable. The game already ran like butter on PS4, glad the Switch version will see the same love put into it.

Get this game people, you won't regret it. Especially if you enjoy couch co-op too.

taciturasa

Jan 10, 2018
Baba is You looks cute. I hope the game lets you completely mess around with the rules available on the screen and have them have an effect, and not just the combinations that lead to clearing the level. Like, in that trailer if you push the "you" block to the wall in the place of "stop", I hope you can do something like move the wall, even if that's not the solution.

There's an old gamejam build here and it is how the game works, yes:

https://hempuli.itch.io/baba-is-you

taciturasa

Jan 10, 2018

Thanks for the shoutout.
This was one of the first indie games I truly played! It's an amazing experience and I've loved seeing it grow from when I initially saw it on NerdCubed's channel. Thanks for the fantastic game, already preordered!

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Betas don't usually launch at midnight, they launch during the day so the development team can monitor network performance.
It's launching the 26th already, so I don't think it's a real beta. Would've been nice if they put up some times, since the software itself has been made available already, they are in full control of when to open up their authorization servers. I wouldn't be suprised if it opens up at midnight in the US.

Riskman

Oct 27, 2017
has anyone played Reverie? I watched the Quick Look and I'm intrigued. The main thing I'm wondering about is the difficulty.

I reviewed it for Nintendo World Report and gave it a 7.5. The game has a lot of charm but it's pretty easy and not that long. Think of a simpler and shorter Minish Cap. It has some of the heart and look of the Mother series with the action of a 2D Zelda.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I've been looking forward to Devil Engine for quite a while -- the shmup scene is always in need of more horizontal games.

It's pretty cool that the Yume Nikki sequel/remake has come to Switch, though as a huge fan of the original freeware game, I was very mixed on the new game when I played through it on PC.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Damn!! Spent 3 days straight on this Daemon X Machina demo. I like it a lot. And it never appealed to me much when first revealed at E3. The heavy metal soundtrack is shit though.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn!! Spent 3 days straight on this Daemon X Machina demo. I like it a lot. And it never appealed to me much when first revealed at E3. The heavy metal soundtrack is shit though.

I liked the demo a lot, though one thing that's clear is that gyroscopic aiming would help tremendously. Also, the visuals need a little polishing to get rid of that aliasing, because the jaggies have a negative impact on the visual style the dev is going for.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Oof.. Trials Rising runs like shite on Switch. Struggles to hit 30fps, runs at less than native res, generally pretty terrible to look at.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Most games don't release on midnight. And it is the same with demos. It is going live in 21st like they said. There is no need to get upset.
I get your point, but as i said: "Would've been nice if they put up some times, since the software itself has been made available already, they are in full control of when to open up their authorization servers". In other words, it is no ordinary demo since the software has been available for several days. The demo starts up, and contacts Ubi's servers. They're in full control.

Anyway, on to some fuzzy looking Trials I go.