• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Played Vitamin Connection for about an hour. Finished the first mission and replayed the mini-games a few times.
It reminds me of the early experimental games released on the original DS such as SEGA's Rub Rabbits.

There's a story mode and each boss is a unique minigame which you can later access separately. Voice acting is excellent, music is very good and animation is very reminiscent of Cartoon Network shows.

Played another hour or two of Vitamin Connetion. I'm in the middle of the third mission. The second one was already more challenging and interesting than the first with multiple routes to take and a new power up and enemies and a greater emphasis on multitasking.

There's a definite Katamari Damacy influence, most notably in the soundtrack and cutscenes. Another influence is Parappa the Rapper.

The 3rd mission is my favorite in terms of character and charm so far! The game is starting to win me over.

It feels like a lost DS game in the best way possible, the kind of game you'd expect on a Nintendo handheld. It's also extremely Japanese, Wayforward have done a very good job in that regard.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Saw a bit of Blood Breed gameplay. It looks awesome I must say. Quite tense. But that's just me :p

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time TWEWY went on sale, and how big was the discount? I keep waiting for it to go on sale again...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
When was the last time TWEWY went on sale, and how big was the discount? I keep waiting for it to go on sale again...

Isn't it basically an inferior experience on the switch compared to 3ds or even mobile? That's the main reason I never picked it up even though it's had some decent discounts on physical.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Super Mario Maker 2 as a single player Mario game? Is there a story mode or something like that? I mean, for a single player experience would you go NSMB DX (which I own on WiiU with the Luigi DLC, I also own MM1 on WiiU but have barely touched it). How good and how much Nintendo content is there?

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Super Mario Maker 2 as a single player Mario game? Is there a story mode or something like that? I mean, for a single player experience would you go NSMB DX (which I own on WiiU with the Luigi DLC, I also own MM1 on WiiU but have barely touched it). How good and how much Nintendo content is there?
There's quite a bit actually. I really enjoyed the singleplayer story. And when you are done there's a bunch of user made levels to play.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I have permanent residency in Japan actually, though I'm not there at the moment.
The next game from the AC team is heading to the switch, so there's a little bit of hope that a miracle would bring us origin or Odyssey, no?...
Their scope is not beyond Switch but it would take someone to put in Witcher 3-level efforts to scale it down properly with similar results which I'm not sure is what Ubi's port overlords are looking for. It's not that it's impossible, it's just one of those "it's unlikely that they want to" games. Having just started playing a bit of Syndicate, I really wish they would eventually just bring literally all of them over. Even if they just tread water a bit by finally digging into the Ezio/Altair era in Nintendoland for the first time.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
So the next AC game is confirmed for Switch? I must've missed the announcement, that's pretty cool.
I still wish I could get just Rogue without Black Flag.

There's quite a bit actually. I really enjoyed the singleplayer story. And when you are done there's a bunch of user made levels to play.

Cool, thanks.
How much content would your "quite a bit" consists of, more or less, if you had to compare it to your standard New 2D Mario game (like NSMB 2/Wii U)?
So there's a proper story mode? Last but not least, is the 100 levels mode back in MM2?

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
as we discussed a few posts earlier, obviously the Ezio/Altair games are in the cards. Unity/Syndicate/Origin/Odyssey/Vikings isn't. Unless they decide they want to put in the extra effort which doesn't seem likely.
Yeah, agreed. Unity and Syndicate won't be missed, but I would love to see Origins and Odyssey (even though I don't like Odyssey all that much).

Whelp, at least we'll get the better ones.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
playing Syndicate right now, it's really cool. The characters are god-tier good lol.
Didn't really like Syndicate to be honest. I didn't like Jacob and you play most missions as him, and the controls are just so goddamn unresponsive I couldn't stomach. I should probably try the game again any of these days now that I'm replaying a few games in the series.

Unity I kinda enjoyed, funny enough. The hit on Switch would be so massive that it probably wouldn't be worth it. The amount of NPCs in that game is insane.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Didn't really like Syndicate to be honest. I didn't like Jacob and you play most missions as him, and the controls are just so goddamn unresponsive I couldn't stomach. I should probably try the game again any of these days now that I'm replaying a few games in the series.

Unity I kinda enjoyed, funny enough. The hit on Switch would be so massive that it probably wouldn't be worth it. The amount of NPCs in that game is insane.
Worth noting that Syndicate is free on EGS this week so if you've played it elsewhere maybe try the PC version, that's where I'm playing it and it doesn't feel unresponsive to me.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the mood for a Metroidvania; should I play Bloodstained (not on Switch) or Blasphemous?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Ubisoft puts a nice effort into its back catalog ports at least. I like that they implement touch controls for the menu.

Mar 3, 2018
need to scratch my itch since I finished super mario odyssey ;

yall recommend crash bandicoot trilogy or yooka-laylee?

Open to other suggestions as well.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
So the next AC game is confirmed for Switch? I must've missed the announcement, that's pretty cool.
I still wish I could get just Rogue without Black Flag.

Cool, thanks.
How much content would your "quite a bit" consists of, more or less, if you had to compare it to your standard New 2D Mario game (like NSMB 2/Wii U)?
So there's a proper story mode? Last but not least, is the 100 levels mode back in MM2?
I would say 3 to 4 hours if you want to get it 100%

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't play Bloodstained but I really enjoyed Blasphemous, good game.
I've heard good things about Blasphemous but I've also heard that it's getting an update on Switch that is supposed to fix some things so you might want to hold off for a bit. The update is already out on pc so it should be coming soon. I am waiting for it myself.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I would say 3 to 4 hours if you want to get it 100%

Ouch. I'm not one to value games based on length and I enjoy no filler/short & sweet games more than most, but 3 hours is kinda bad imo. I don't think I feel ok with getting only 3 hours and the occasional run on user made levels out of a 40€ purchase honestly... too bad, I was really itching for some 2D Mario.

Gods & Monsters, Ubisoft Quebe 's new thing. Not any new AssCreed.

You won't see any new (Vikings) AssCreed on Switch.

Yeah I read that as "next AC game" missed the "team" part of the post lol.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
I bought Fire Emblem on sale and still have Awakening in the plastic. What is wrong with me man!?

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Super Crush KO is one heck of a great action/arcade game. It really is the spiritual sequel to Graceful Explosion Machine. It's essentially a 2D character action game and it's incredible. This will almost certainly be one of the best games I play all year.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Blasphemous was a bust (I tried don't judge me)

Anyway, I hear Battle Princess Madelyn has been significantly patched so I want to give it another go.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up grabbing Dragon's Dogma the other day... Enjoying it so far.

It's the first time, playing a Switch game, that I actually wished the game supported gyro aiming...

I find playing a ranger with the joycons super difficult. I imagine it will be easier once I play with the Pro Controller on the XB1 Controller but for playing in portable mode, it kinda sucks...