• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
*says we wont buy more stuff, eyes Friday The 13th Killer Puzzle and Double Cross

Sigh...

edit: nvm Friday the 13th doesnt seem like something I would enjoy looking at videos.

Last edited:

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know 13 sentinels was Atlus (?)
Anyway, from that list I'd take everything except Catherine and perhaps some of the earlier Personas, which I am not really interested in. I'd also skip perhaps some of the earlier Etrian Odysseys because I already played them to completion on 3DS.

Added: I find this interesting - " If previous Atlus games (games which can be played on other hardware, without adding additional elements) " - since that is basically what they did with TMS, right?
Wondering how the Etrian games (and persona Q) would work without the dual screens. I suppose they could make the map a selectable screen or something that you fill with the stick and buttons. Or potentially make those handheld only for touch screen mapping. I probably would like most of these as well, but not sure I need to be buying any more 50-100 hour RPGs on switch...

Week February 06th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• Kunai - The Arcade Crew - $16.99/€16.99 - 798 MB
  • Knights and Bikes - Double Fine - $19.99/€21.99 - 3.1 GB
  • EQQO - Nakana.io - $6.00/€6.00 - 699 MB
  • The Turing Test - Bulkhead Int./Square Enix - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.8 GB
  • The Town of Light: Deluxe Edition - Wired Productions - $9.99/€9.99 - 3.7 GB
    kunaijnk0h.jpg
    knightsandbikeswnksg.jpg
    eqqo73j8f.jpg
    theturingtestg9jtv.jpg
    thetownoflightmvjkd.jpg
  • The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics - En Masse Ent. - $19.99/€17.99 - 5.0 GB
  • 7th Sector - Sometimes You - $19.99/€19.99 - 816 MB
  • Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ - Aksys Games - $39.99/€39.99 - 3.3 GB
  • Elea: Paradigm Shift - Kyodai - $7.99/€7.99 - 2.5 GB
  • Zero Zero Zero Zero - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 30 MB
    thedarkcrystalageofreclj9h.jpg
    7thsectormfkb6.jpg
    coderealizeguardianofgyjfq.jpg
    eleaparadigmshiftvpk3q.jpg
    zerozerozerozerof5j9f.jpg
  • Please The Gods - Ultimate Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 619 MB
  • Nerved - Playstige Interactive - $8.99/€8.99 - 5.4 GB
  • Wide Ocean Big Jacket - Tender Claws - $7.99/€6.99 - 603 MB
  • Rolling Sky 2 - Rising Win Tech - $12.99/€11.69 - 1.2 GB
  • Yuoni: Rises - Tricore - $12.99/€10.99 - 307 MB
    pleasethegodsq3j63.jpg
    nerved5pkcq.jpg
    wideoceanbigjacketjeked.jpg
    rollingsky2ryk96.jpg
    yuonirisesmxjjp.jpg
  • Sen: Seven Eight Nine - All 4 Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 129 MB
  • Saint Dragon - Arcade - Jaleco/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • The Man With The Ivory Cane - Ocean Media - $9.99/€9.99 - 385 MB
  • Akuarium - SC Fan Studio - $19.99 - 265 MB *NA*
  • Voxel Pirates - Sat-Box - $7.28 - 871 MB *NA*
    senseveneightninepwkw3.jpg
    arcadearchivessaintdr5ak0k.jpg
    themanwiththeivorycani1j10.jpg
    akuariumzojmd.jpg
    voxelpiratesyyk1j.jpg
  • Shiny Ski Resort - Kairosoft - $14.00/€13.00 - 201 MB
  • Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 3 - Milestone - $49.99/€59.99 - 4.6 GB
  • Kitty Powers' Matchmaker - Magic Notion - $14.99/€13.29 - 355 MB
  • Hair Mower 3D - Rising Win Tech - $5.99/€5.50 - 231 MB
  • Bridge Builder Adventure - BoomBit Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 648 MB
    shinyskiresort96j4w.jpg
    monsterenergysupercroqhkrl.jpg
    kittypowersmatchmakersuksz.jpg
    hairmower3dsej14.jpg
    bridgebuilderadventurghjz6.jpg
  • Just a Phrase by POWGI - Lightwood Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 72 MB
  • Rune Lord - Victory Road - $6.99/€6.99 - 388 MB
  • Marooners - M2H - $14.99/€12.99 - 712 MB
  • Crash Drive 2 - M2H - $8.99/€7.99 - 244 MB
  • Super Korotama - Catness Game - $4.99/€4.99 - 380 MB
    justaphrasebypowgiahjd7.jpg
    runelordtcjs2.jpg
    marooners0jj6b.jpg
    crashdrive2vyj2l.jpg
    superkorotamae9jvc.jpg
  • Loco-Sports - Jorge Biedma Azuar - €5.99 - 990 MB *02/28 on NA*
    loco-sportsw8jr6.jpg

- Demos

• Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition - Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers - Koei Tecmo/Sega *JP*

- DLCs

• Wargroove - Chucklefish
    Double Trouble - Free
  • Mortal Kombat 11 - WB Games
    The Joker - $5.99/€5.99

- Japan

• Touhou Spell Bubble - Taito - ¥5,800
    touhouspellbubbled2kjx.jpg

- Late Releases

• Arc of Alchemist - Idea Factory - €39.99 - 3.5 GB *EU*
  • Battleground - Sabec - €8.99 - 111 MB *EU*

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Doing a tough thing right now, not buying anymore games till the next general Nintendo direct(which I totally expect in the next couple weeks)

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
GoNintendo:

Atlus has shared their annual online survey in Japan, and one question in particular paints a very rosy picture for the Switch. While nothing is confirmed at this point, it's clear that Atlus is at least considering ports of multiple big-name games to the Switch. Check out the full question and mentions games from the survey below.

If previous Atlus games (games which can be played on other harware, without adding additional elements) were ported to the Nintendo Switch, would you want to play them? Select all of the titles below that you would like to play on the Nintendo Switch.

Port of "Revelations: Persona"
Port of "Persona 2: Innocent Sin / Eternal Punishment"
Port of "Persona 3," "Persona 3 FES," and "Persona 3 Portable"
Port of "Persona 4" and "Persona 4 Golden"
Port of "Persona 5" and "Persona 5 Royal"
Port of "Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne"
Port of "Shin Megami Tensei IV"
Port of "Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse"
Port of "Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner" series
Port of "Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers"
Port of "Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha" series
Port of "Etrian Odyssey" series
Port of "13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim"
Port of "Persona Q"
Port of "Catherine: Full Body"
Port of "Odin Sphere Leifthrasir"
Port of "Dragon's Crown Pro"

Yeah, uh, just bring everything?
Wow they list all these games and still didn't include Trauma Center

Wowwwwwwwwwww

But sure bring everything else that isn't trauma center I guess I'll buy some of those

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished playing the Persona 5 Scramble demo.

At this point in time, this is probably my most anticipated game of the year. It has wildly exceeded any expectation I had for it and I'm not even a huge P5 guy.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Doing a tough thing right now, not buying anymore games till the next general Nintendo direct(which I totally expect in the next couple weeks)
Yeah, I'm trying the same as I have some credit I'm trying really hard to to spend, lol.

I'm doing well. I've only bought KR0 and Steins; Gate My Darling's Embrace all year.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Wake up the PR / marketing guy inside you and convince yourself with the following:

"The whole experience starts from pushing the button and buying a game".

Done. You no longer feel guilty when buying games. It is part of the gaming experience and it feels good to own something that you may never use or play. It happens. It is the truth of living in the modern day world.

/jk

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I just figured out that I've been going in the wrong direction in Ori after beating the Ginso Tree segment :(

At least I got a dash move that seems pretty useful, but it'll be a long-ish trek to the nearest fast-travel point

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was wondering why The Mystery of Wooley Mountain was a top seller (in fact THE top seller (?) last week) and downloaded the demo. It seems to be a fine, if generic, adventure game, and was a bit baffled.

Then I see oh, it's 90 percent off, guess that explains it, sort of.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Someone please hype me up for Thronebreakers. I have my finger on the trigger but I just can't shoot.

Good review by Switchup here. I just bought it.

Btw, I'm interested in Coffee Talk and Valfaris, but they're not appearing for me on the eShop. I'm in Australia btw. Anyone else have this problem?

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
GoNintendo:

Atlus has shared their annual online survey in Japan, and one question in particular paints a very rosy picture for the Switch. While nothing is confirmed at this point, it's clear that Atlus is at least considering ports of multiple big-name games to the Switch. Check out the full question and mentions games from the survey below.

If previous Atlus games (games which can be played on other harware, without adding additional elements) were ported to the Nintendo Switch, would you want to play them? Select all of the titles below that you would like to play on the Nintendo Switch.

Port of "Persona Q"

They forgot Muramasa the Demon Blade :-(

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Someone please hype me up for Thronebreakers. I have my finger on the trigger but I just can't shoot.
Playing it right now, really fun game! Honestly probably more puzzle game than card game. They really switch up the objectives for every battle though which is great because it keeps things from getting stale. Plus Meve is a really great character.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I just saw Wargroove and I'm really interested in it. How did you guys find it? I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan and I played from GBA to Switch, will I like it? Also, how's the resolution and framerate?

I hated it. This may be calibrated to receive good reviews, but the battles themselves are as tedious as it gets and rely more on die and retry than real strategy. If a pixel art strategy game is what you are looking for, I would recommend into the breach, which is possibly a masterpiece (it is for me).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys. Does it retain gwents addictive nature from W3? I know they changed it a bit.
I'm probably gonna be an outlier here, but I enjoyed Thronebreaker for a bit, but that was it. The card bits got frustrating a few hours out of the tutorial. The AI basically feels like it's in cheat mode half the time. It's somewhat similar to Gwent if all the cards were replaced with shittier ones.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
GoNintendo:

Port of "Persona Q"

Where the f... is Snowboard Kids??

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Animal Crossing is up for pre-purchase on the NA eshop. Comes with a code for a 7-day trial of Nintendo Online.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Two N64 games that're kinda rare (like $35-50 each for just the chart. CIB, $100+ easily), mainly the 2nd, better game. They were basically racing games with a snowboarding theme & I remember renting the 2nd one as a kid and rather enjoyed it.

There was a weird reboot on the DS. It was fine from what I've heard.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Two N64 games that're kinda rare (like $35-50 each for just the chart. CIB, $100+ easily), mainly the 2nd, better game. They were basically racing games with a snowboarding theme & I remember renting the 2nd one as a kid and rather enjoyed it.

I didn't ask what they are, I asked why they aren't included and why we haven't got a port yet because I played the first one and IT WAS DAMN AWESOME, better than Mario Kart 64.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't ask what they are, I asked why they aren't included and why we haven't got a port yet because I played the first one and IT WAS DAMN AWESOME, better than Mario Kart 64.
My bad! I misread your post as "what" & not "where". But yeah, totally agree. It sucks that they've never been ported to other consoles. Gimme a double pack of 1 & 2. Put them on the N64 Online when that eventually happens. The developer is still around, so I guess there's just not enough of a demand.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Was wondering why The Mystery of Wooley Mountain was a top seller (in fact THE top seller (?) last week) and downloaded the demo. It seems to be a fine, if generic, adventure game, and was a bit baffled.

Then I see oh, it's 90 percent off, guess that explains it, sort of.

As an adventure game lover It is not a bad game at all. It's not anything special but pretty good and with 90% off it is a steal if you like the genre.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wow, Kunai might be top-tier metroidvania. Certainly leaves an amazing first impression (I got to the second major zone)

Oct 25, 2017
I wish that Atlus would remember that they made Snowboard Kids and re-release the N64 games. They don't even have to put any effort into re-making them. Just put them on Switch, please. :(

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

I wish that Atlus would remember that they made Snowboard Kids and re-release the N64 games. They don't even have to put any effort into re-making them. Just put them on Switch, please. :(
These games were my jam back in high school. Didn't realize how much I really needed to play these again until reading this thread. I miss when "extreme" sports games were a dime a dozen and a lot of them were actually good.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Picked up a few eShop cards and bought Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, AI: The Somnium Files, Thronebreaker, To the Moon, Wilmot's Warehouse, Island Maze and Serial Cleaner. Last two were two cheapies I got for $4.

Oct 26, 2017
My obscure recommendation of the week:

The Mims: Beginning
mims-feat-820x410.jpg

This is for all intents and purposes a forgotten late 90s/early 2000s Bullfrog god sim/strategy game - it plays like a combination of Black and White and Startopia, complete with weird humor and oddball presentation. Other games of the time that come to mind are Shiny's Sacrifice and Giants: Citizen Kabuto. If you love and miss any of those you know what you have to do.

3-3.jpg

The visual style is like a Euro-janky version of Pikmin. It's certainly not without some minor bugs and blemishes but for $5 (regular price $8 if I recall) it's a must have for fans of the genre. Games of this type are far too rare today.

21fde10678a4b13183d1e6256ae0ab8ddefd8c3847e2a0694e470d327179ca43.jpg

It runs well undocked, the story and world are unique and intriguing, controls aren't perfect - it's originally a pc game - but you get used to them. A lot of heart and soul was poured into this little gem.
Ignore the Steam reviews, either the Switch port has been rebalanced/fixed up, or they're just not representative of the experience playing on a portable device.

4435a4f010904982b2d56af6ac9f9447.jpg

Played 4-5 missions today and intend to 100% the game. For a more detailed review this one is closest to how I feel: it's an oldschool design, warts and all, but better than the sum of its parts for me and for such a low price definitely worth it if you're intrigued.

Last edited:

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished playing the Persona 5 Scramble demo.

At this point in time, this is probably my most anticipated game of the year. It has wildly exceeded any expectation I had for it and I'm not even a huge P5 guy.
Looked and played really well to me, too. I'm actually considering jumping back into P5 and finishing it so I can enjoy this game. P4G is one of my top 5 games of all time, but 15 hours into P5 I could not bring myself to keep going. It felt so sloggy and bogged down in comparison. Maybe I'll give it a shot, still...

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Is there really some frame pacing issues in Spyro? I'm this close to get it. It's a way more manageable game than say the first Crash, which is a real bitch.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
finished Eqqo and I really enjoyed it. Took me around 3-4 hours not sure, around that. It's originally a iOS / Android game so you can play it all touch based (and you should since you are basically guiding a blind boy and have no direct control over him), really goes to show how far these phones have come because the game looks really good. Puzzles are decent / enjoyable, never too hard, it's quite lengthy for what it is (feels like the perfect length for the type of game), very reminiscent of Ico and games of it's ilk. At the current 3€ (if you own Koloro or other games) its a easy recomendation.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
My obscure recommendation of the week:

The Mims: Beginning
mims-feat-820x410.jpg

This is for all intents and purposes a forgotten late 90s/early 2000s Bullfrog god sim/strategy game - it plays like a combination of Black and White and Startopia, complete with weird humor and oddball presentation. Other games of the time that come to mind are Shiny's Sacrifice and Giants: Citizen Kabuto. If you love and miss any of those you know what you have to do.

3-3.jpg

The visual style is like a Euro-janky version of Pikmin. It's certainly not without some minor bugs and blemishes but for $5 (regular price $8 if I recall) it's a must have for fans of the genre. Games of this type are far too rare today.

21fde10678a4b13183d1e6256ae0ab8ddefd8c3847e2a0694e470d327179ca43.jpg

It runs well undocked, the story and world are unique and intriguing, controls aren't perfect - it's originally a pc game - but you get used to them. A lot of heart and soul was poured into this little gem.
Ignore the Steam reviews, either the Switch port has been rebalanced/fixed up, or they're just not representative of the experience playing on a portable device.

Played 4-5 missions today and intend to 100% the game.
Must resist urge to buy...love Giants...but damn my backlog is haunting me.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Actually, I don't like Metroidvanias. I just like Hollow Knight and MonsterBoy; and Yoku, of course!
I'm trying hard to like Sundered, but like Momodora and other before, those games are just not for me.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked up Dark Crystal Tactics for a long plane ride yesterday. Honestly I'm digging it so far. You can feel the low budget all over the place, but the core seems solid.

Interesting job / race / combat system. Lots of opportunity for developing combos and synergies across character. A fair bit of mission objective variety so far. Overall nice aesthetic (if you dig Dark Crystal at least).

Game definitely cries out for polish (previewing enemy ranged attack threat ranges, bigger text on portable, maybe a top-down camera option) but I've been pleasantly surprised.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Looked and played really well to me, too. I'm actually considering jumping back into P5 and finishing it so I can enjoy this game. P4G is one of my top 5 games of all time, but 15 hours into P5 I could not bring myself to keep going. It felt so sloggy and bogged down in comparison. Maybe I'll give it a shot, still...
I consider Persona 5 to be a huge slog but I'm typically an outlier in this line of thought.

And honestly, if you're feeling the burn after "15 hours" (which is around the time I still consider that game to be great) then it's probably a lost cause...