• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Snack World releasing in one day with nary a review in sight? Another "good but not great" Level-5 game being sent out to die I guess
Lol. I had no idea it was even a Level 5 game. That explains why it gets mentioned so much.

Unrelated: anyone play NBA Playgrounds 2K?

I know it got bad press at launch due to MTX, but is it still (or was it ever) really that bad? I'd love a more up to date arcade style basketball game, and the first one was okay before the 2K purchase.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Underhero has been delayed two weeks and now I'm sad.

Might just get it on PS4 at this rate.

Help me out eShop ERA; do I get it now on PS4 or clear out my backlog for the next two weeks until it comes out on Switch? I get the feeling I'd probably enjoy it portable more than sitting in front of my TV but at the end of the day the actual game is what matters.

Last edited:

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Underhero has been delayed two weeks and now I'm sad.

Might just get it on PS4 at this rate.

Help me out eShop ERA; do I get it now on PS4 or clear out my backlog for the next two weeks until it comes out on Switch? I get the feeling I'd probably enjoy it portable more than sitting in front of my TV but at the end of the day the actual game is what matters.

If you've got an extensive backlog you might as well try chipping away with that and waiting especially if you feel like you'd rather play the game in handheld mode.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
For reference this is why I was tempted to upgrade my hardware, plus an additional 8 ds games somewhere around here and a bunch of digital games
uFMTzMu.jpg

The 2ds form factor just kinda sucks... but I decided to just replace the screen protectors and get Culdecept revolt instead

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I really need to get Rayman Legends one of these days, it keeps going 75% off, it has a ton of content, and I get pretty much every 2D game im interest on Switch, and for whatever reason I keep not biting the bullet on this one /shrug

If you're actually truly looking for something to play and not just to send it to the backlog pile for months before touching it, then heck yeah you need to grab Legends! It's "top10 best platformers of this/last gen" material, no doubt about it!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
If you're actually truly looking for something to play and not just to send it to the backlog pile for months before touching it, then heck yeah you need to grab Legends! It's "top10 best platformers of this/last gen" material, no doubt about it!

nah it would be backlog. The only thing I'm playing in the next week or so at least is Wolcen. anything I buy on the Switch is backlog. that doesnt keep me from already having 50€ in my eshop wallet for the sale tomorow of course lol.

Double

Nov 1, 2017
nah it would be backlog. The only thing I'm playing in the next week or so at least is Wolcen. anything I buy on the Switch is backlog. that doesnt keep me from already having 50€ in my eshop wallet for the sale tomorow of course lol.
Seconding Dash Kappei. I've only played Origins and not to completion, but either of those two titles is basically a must-play for anyone remotely interested in platformers. I feel like you play a lot of games (nothing wrong with that ofc) but I don't think you play lots of games that should put Rayman Orgins/Legends on the back seat!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Max Schaffer just said on a Rhykker stream (prominent Diablo 3 youtuber, he's doing a TL3 stream right now) Torchlight 3 is most likely coming to Switch (as in, they have the game running on a switch devkit in the office, there just isnt the deal made yet)

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Lol. I had no idea it was even a Level 5 game. That explains why it gets mentioned so much.

Unrelated: anyone play NBA Playgrounds 2K?

I know it got bad press at launch due to MTX, but is it still (or was it ever) really that bad? I'd love a more up to date arcade style basketball game, and the first one was okay before the 2K purchase.
don't bother with the Playgrounds games. they refuse to fix the awful controls and it's just a very poor imitation of the real thing. get an N64 (emulator) and play the best arcade NBA game, NBA Hang Time.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I remember being interested by "the church in the Darkness". It's at 10 Euros now. Any opinion?
I still have to go through Far Lone Sail, Serial Cleaner (it was 1.5 Euros...), and Blood and Wine, but there seems to be nothing for me in the upcoming weeks/months and I don't really have a backlog; hence I wouldn't be against a few more games to keep me busy until April/May where better games may release.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Eyeing Darksiders but would like to know if it performs well before I jump in. Fingers crossed we get some reviews and impressions soon.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed some perspective fans expressing the same sentiment!

Nintendo's Switch pricing policy is nuts. This is a game using the same animations and models with the previous entry, Super Mystery Dungeon and remake of the very first game, lacks incredible amount of content. This should have been a budget price title but why should Nintendo care, it'll sell millions anyway. Mainstream don't care.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Mystery Dungeon demo put me to sleep.

I feel like there's just been so much innovation in the roguelike and dungeon crawl scene that Mystery Dungeon as a whole is hard for me to get into anymore, adding 60 bucks on top of that, there's just no way I can muster up interest. Even within the Mystery Dungeon series I can't imagine Rescue Team not feeling just incredibly basic and dated in the full game.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Nintendo's Switch pricing policy is nuts. This is a game using the same animations and models with the previous entry, Super Mystery Dungeon and remake of the very first game, lacks incredible amount of content. This should have been a budget price title but why should Nintendo care, it'll sell millions anyway. Mainstream don't care.
There's evidence they've upped up content I think

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
The Mystery Dungeon demo put me to sleep.

I feel like there's just been so much innovation in the roguelike and dungeon crawl scene that Mystery Dungeon as a whole is hard for me to get into anymore, adding 60 bucks on top of that, there's just no way I can muster up interest. Even within the Mystery Dungeon series I can't imagine Rescue Team not feeling just incredibly basic and dated in the full game.
I felt the same way. Having zero nostalgia for the game, playing the demo convinced me that it's not at all for me. I was so bored. Even if it was priced at $29.99 I'd be waiting for a deep sale.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
There's evidence they've upped up content I think

There should be some extra content of course, but not enough to deserve $60. Super Mystery Dungeon featured all Pokémon up to Kalos and it was just $40. I don't understand Nintendo's reasons for not pricing Switch games anything but $60.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got back to playing a bit more Katana Zero. It's a short game, but it will take me a while to finish it because I can't play too many segments in a row anymore. They're getting a bit tricky, which makes them sort of emotionally tiring. Or at least to me, as this is not my favourite sort of genre. Still a fabulous game, though. I'm afraid I'm going to regret my fateful choice when I get to the end of the game.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Currently playing through Spyro 3.

I made the effort to 100% the first game (was very stressful at times). I tried making the effort to do the same with number 2, but I stopped halfway through because I simply didn't care. Now I'm playing the third one and I'm not bothered about finding every collectible whatsoever, and it's a much more enjoyable and free experience!

But truthfully I just want it over and done with because I want to start playing Kunai.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Currently playing through Spyro 3.

I made the effort to 100% the first game (was very stressful at times). I tried making the effort to do the same with number 2, but I stopped halfway through because I simply didn't care. Now I'm playing the third one and I'm not bothered about finding every collectible whatsoever, and it's a much more enjoyable and free experience!

But truthfully I just want it over and done with because I want to start playing Kunai.
About to get it with the discount, are the framepacing issues a big deal ?

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Is it something you're supposed to see on videos of the game too ? I don't seem to catch anything when I watch some gameplay...

Well I think so yes. But there is also insane motion blur which might hide it in those videos somewhat. But the motion blur in Spyro for me is way worse than frame pacing so I took it off. It's awful. But I really recommend the game. It is a bit blurry but not bad imo. Aside from frame pacing it runs good. I think the frame pacing is the only real issue with the game really. I must add that if you can see frame pacing issues with games you can see it here. It is really one of the worst cases.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Broken Sword 5 discount in Europe at last! -60% 11,99€. Bought.

And #Breakforcist battle for 0,99€. I really recommend that game. Great and silly soundtrack and style. Good local multiplayer game.

Also going to buy Glass Maquerade 2 as soon as it is available.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
About to get it with the discount, are the framepacing issues a big deal ?

I haven't been bothered by it personally, but I'm also somebody who doesn't seem to notice framerate issues (unless it's really bad), so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

The game has felt fine and perfectly playable in general, though.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Taiko no Tatsujin Switch mist be doing pretty well. I've seen it numerous times on the download ranking lists
and they started periodically updating the game every month with new dlc and they added an online mode, way after release

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Well I think so yes. But there is also insane motion blur which might hide it in those videos somewhat. But the motion blur in Spyro for me is way worse than frame pacing so I took it off. It's awful. But I really recommend the game. It is a bit blurry but not bad imo. Aside from frame pacing it runs good. I think the frame pacing is the only real issue with the game really. I must add that if you can see frame pacing issues with games you can see it here. It is really one of the worst cases.
I haven't been bothered by it personally, but I'm also somebody who doesn't seem to notice framerate issues (unless it's really bad), so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

The game has felt fine and perfectly playable in general, though.
Mmmh... Thanks. I think if there's nothing today in the sale for me I might grab it to add it to the backlog. I don't really see it to go on a deeper sale.

Oct 26, 2017
warplanes-ww2-dogfight.jpg

*Attention* hidden gem recommendation here.

So I picked this game up yesterday and for $5 and I think it's surprisingly awesome so I wanted to share. If you're looking for something a little different give this one a shot. It's surprisingly tactical in that you are not only dog fighting but managing supplies, building out your base and putting together your squadron of warplanes, which includes training pilots in various skills such as gunner, pilot, bomber etc. Basically there is far more depth than I anticipated for a game like this. A very pleasant surprise, especially for the price. It's 50% off right now so nab it!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/warplanes-ww2-dogfight-switch/

*edit- looks like it's back to 9.99. Still worth it IMO but keep an eye on this one for the next sale.

Glad to see more people enjoying this. I recommended it in an older thread and some were critical of the game's oversimplified flight and shooting and its lack of cockpit view and while those are valid criticisms, the game makes up for them in other areas.
Plus it has great explosions!

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Can anyone share impressions on The Room? I don't want to watch videos because they might spoil some puzzles :P

Glad to see more people enjoying this. I recommended it in an older thread and some were critical of the game's oversimplified flight and shooting and its lack of cockpit view and while those are valid criticisms, the game makes up for them in other areas.
Plus it has great explosions!

Re: Warplanes WW2 Dogfight

SwitchWatch loved it too:

Thank you and CurseVox for your feedback. I'll get it.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I remember being interested by "the church in the Darkness". It's at 10 Euros now. Any opinion?
I still have to go through Far Lone Sail, Serial Cleaner (it was 1.5 Euros...), and Blood and Wine, but there seems to be nothing for me in the upcoming weeks/months and I don't really have a backlog; hence I wouldn't be against a few more games to keep me busy until April/May where better games may release.

What about Thronebreaker? I'm really enjoying it and I know you dig the Witcher of course. Though not sure if you like Gwent.

Voice acting, art, overall presentation is very impressive.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Room is fucking amazing and one of the best puzzle games ever. And I dont even like that many puzzle games.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
What can you guys tell me about Assassins Creed III?

I've watched a few reviews. I know it's not exactly the best in the series and I know there are performance issues (from what I've seen, I'm fine with that).

Black Flag is the only AC game I've played. Gameplay was fun (as I'm a sucker for collecting stuff in games), but I'm not really interested in pirates, so... yeah, it was ok. I know ACIII is about the American Revolution, which sounds more interesting to me. As a Brazilian guy who would like to know more about the American Revolution, is the game worth it? I mean, as some kind of history lesson? Are there profiles you can read about historical figures or real events recreated in the game?

Also, I assume there's lots of stuff to collect, right?

The Room is fucking amazing and one of the best puzzle games ever. And I dont even like that many puzzle games.

Price is really low and the praise is really high, so I'll get it ^_^ Thanks!

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
What about Thronebreaker? I'm really enjoying it and I know you dig the Witcher of course. Though not sure if you like Gwent.

Voice acting, art, overall presentation is very impressive.

Indeed mate, I really liked the Witcher, but Gwent was unfortunately not my jam at all. There are some good games recently released like Thronebreaker and Kentucky ROute Zero, but for different reasons, I just have no interest in those.