• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Double

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, Yoku is now sold below 5 euros and there are still people that need convincing?
No joke, this game is EASILY in the top 15 of the system, arguably top 10 as far as I'm concerned. Perfect length, perfect gameplay loop, great visuals and atmosphere... And there's even a freaking demo!
Please buy this game, good sirs and madams.
Nah still 6,79€ for me :P

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Started Assassins Creed III yesterday. Played it for two hours. In the first few minutes, I met a guy in the ship and we started playing Nine Men's Morris.

And that's how my two hours with ACIII went ^_^

Thinking on biting on CIV 6 this time. Any pro / cons regarding this decision? :D

Aside from the fact that you won't be giving your friends and relatives any attention for the next six months? ^_^

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
The urge to double dip on Darksiders is strong since any of the physical editions are delayed for 1-2 months.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking on biting on CIV 6 this time. Any pro / cons regarding this decision? :D
(only placed CIV on PC, haven't played 6 yet though)

Loading times are a bit long, and the AI turns becomes long at end game. Other than that, a fine port IMO.

Please be aware that the updates to the games have added/fixed a few things that weren't available when the reviews were written, such as the added local hot seat mode.

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
Anybody looking for a fun couch multiplayer game should get Runbow. It is a steal at $3.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yep

Switch_Voxelgram_03.jpg

Switch_Voxelgram_04.jpg

I need impressions of this right now!
Megaton

Week February 13th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions - Digerati - $11.99/€11.99 - 489 MB
  • Goblin Sword - Gelato Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 191 MB
  • Florence - Annapurna Interactive - $5.99/€5.49 - 815 MB
  • Project Starship - eastasiasoft - $4.99/€4.99 - 113 MB
  • Cosmonauta - QUByte Interactive - $0.99/€0.99 - 111 MB
    glassmasquerade2illusoxkcv.jpg
    goblinswordgwkjm.jpg
    florencebrj4r.jpg
    projectstarship3nkow.jpg
    cosmonautaavjzp.jpg
  • Tilt Pack - Super Dot Com - $14.99/€14.99 - 205 MB
  • Little Bit War - Mediascape - $13.71/€12.26 - 61 MB
  • Reed Remastered - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 33 MB
  • Top Run - Fantastico Studio - $4.99/€4.99 - 192 MB
  • Rise of Insanity - Pineapple Works - $9.99/€9.99 - 4.1 GB
    tiltpackyeksj.jpg
    littlebitwaruwk9y.jpg
    reedremasteredu4kad.jpg
    toprun5pj2u.jpg
    riseofinsanitye6kcj.jpg
  • Snack World - Level 5 - $49.99/€49.99 - 6.6 GB
  • Darksiders Genesis - THQ Nordic - $39.99/€39.99 - 9.9 GB
  • Sasuke VS Commander - Arcade - SNK/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Go All Out! - Forever Ent. - $12.99/€12.99 - 1.1 GB
  • Super Loop Drive - Run-Down Games - $3.99/€3.99 - 388 MB
    snackworldthedungeoncqkjje.jpg
    darksidersgenesisjtje2.jpg
    arcadearchivessasukevd2jzv.jpg
    goallouteykjx.jpg
    superloopdrive3zk0x.jpg
  • Speed Dating for Ghosts - Laundry Bear Games - $6.99/€6.66 - 272 MB
  • Help Me Doctor - Ultimate Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 929 MB
  • Thief Town - Skymap Games - $7.99 - 215 MB *NA*
  • The Incredible Adventures of Super Panda - Ultimate Games - $6.99/€6.99 - 527 MB
  • Speedway Racing - SuperPowerUpGames - $9.99/€9.99 - 290 MB
    speeddatingforghostsxxjef.jpg
    helpmedoctor76j4b.jpg
    thieftown5ojul.jpg
    theincredibleadventurmlj32.jpg
    speedwayracing1lkuu.jpg
  • Kitty Maestro - Tackorama - $7.00/€5.50 - 93 MB
    kittymaestrofgk7a.jpg

- DLCs

• Warriors Orochi 4 - Koei Tecmo
    The Ultimate Upgrade Pack - $39.99/€39.99
  • Dead Cells - Motion Twin
    The Bad Seed - $4.99/€4.99
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo
    Cindered Shadows - Included on Expansion Pass
  • The Legend of Dark Witch - Inside System
    Add Day Stage - $1.99/€1.89

- Japan

• Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega39's - Sega - ¥6,589
    hatsunemikuprojectdivvtjni.jpg

- Late Releases

• AO Tennis 2 - Bigben Interactive - $59.99 - 7.7 GB *NA*
  • Voxel Pirates - Sat-Box - €6.54 - 871 MB *EU*

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I remember enjoying the demo but Vostok inc is solid right? Fe(ea)is on my to consider but I'm going to poke around the deals a touch more but I've got a 10$ limit

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oooo this sale may get me on more than I think both Worms WMD and sonic mania are on sale. Add in Vostok... I'll probably skip Fe though

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder that Yoku's Island Express is on sale and it's one of the best and most innovative metroidvanias of this gen.

Also, it looks and performs great on the Switch.
I'm not big on Metroidvania's generally but I loved Yoku's and would highly recommend this. One of the better games that I've played, shown by the fact I've finished it.

There are a lot of good Metroidvania style games on Switch but Yoku's take with Pinball is pretty unique and that's what pushes me to purchase it. It's not a long game (4-5 hours to beat) which is a perfect length for me. My daughter and I had a great time with it. Highly recommended

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Never played Sonic Mania. Grabbed it today once it went on sale for $9.99.

Is the $4.99 DLC worth it?

Deleted member 9197

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So what is the word on Overwatch for Switch? I've seen mixed things, but really nothing in terms of conversation since October.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Skyrim and the Witcher 3 are both the cheapest they've ever been. I haven't played either, so I'm wondering which I should get. I'm leaning towards Witcher because combat and story seem to be much better?
Easily The Witcher 3 IMO.

Skyrim is very dated and tbh a real snooze. And the combat is absolute dog shit compared to TW3's.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
I remember enjoying the demo but Vostok inc is solid right? Fe(ea)is on my to consider but I'm going to poke around the deals a touch more but I've got a 10$ limit
Vostok is legit if you like twin stick shooters and mindless clickers. It is a tad too long for its own good but I enjoyed it.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Is there another NA sale going up today/this weekend? My SO really wants to grab Slay the Spire, but doesn't want to buy and have it go on sale immediately afterwards, so he's waiting until all the weekend sales are up.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna get on the train of urging people to buy Yoku. I picked it up on sale over the holidays, and couldn't put it down for like a dozen hours until I finished it. Super fun and charming game, hope we get a sequel one of these days!

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I just preloaded Kingdom Rush Frontiers. I had no idea it was coming to switch. I loved the first one on mobile, so I am looking forward to jumping back in. I am also excited about playing with a controller. Not sure how difficult it'll be once the chaos starts, looking forward to trying at least!

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm enjoying Speed Dating for Ghosts. If you're into oddball visual novels then you should check it out.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Speed Dating for Ghosts looks like a lot of fun. Good reviews too.

store.steampowered.com

Speed Dating for Ghosts on Steam

Branching dialogue! Hard choices! A cemetery's worth of phantoms, wraiths, and poltergeists lookin' for love in all the blight places.
I was thinking of grabbing this one. It looks like just my kind of nonsense.

Also, someone finally make a knockoff Picross 3D? I'll be all over that.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I just bought it with my Tetris 99 Grand Prix winnings. Curious to see what It's like.

Also picked up Knights and Bikes and the Dead Cells DLC.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Curious about Hyrule Warriors. I played it on Wii U and thought it was occasionally if a bit dull and repetitive. Being able to switch characters on the fly and all the dlc does seem promising though.

Xenoblade 2 DLC on sale though, definitely getting that.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Curious about Hyrule Warriors. I played it on Wii U and thought it was occasionally if a bit dull and repetitive. Being able to switch characters on the fly and all the dlc does seem promising though.
I enjoyed it, but it still does get to a point eventually where it feels repetitious. I think in terms of musou games, Fire Emblem Warriors is the better option because of all the quality-of-life improvements that haven't been seen in these games before.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Adding Florence and Half Past Fate to my list. Do we know what kind of game Half Past Fate is? PnC, visual novel?

Looking forward to your impressions of Speed Dating for Ghosts 1upsuper.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Adding Florence and Half Past Fate to my list. Do we know what kind of game Half Past Fate is? PnC, visual novel?

It's got something of a rom-com vibe to it from what the marketing is saying.
Half Past Fate is a narrative adventure game with a charismatic 3D pixel art style. Follow the journey of 6 ordinary people who found each other in extraordinary ways. From eight hours to eight years, this time-jumping saga will change the way you feel about fate forever.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Skyrim and the Witcher 3 are both the cheapest they've ever been. I haven't played either, so I'm wondering which I should get. I'm leaning towards Witcher because combat and story seem to be much better?
Skyrim 100%.

I get sucked in every time I pick it up. Looks way better both docked and handheld than TW3. I love getting lost in the world, exploring and doing random quests. I've started and put down TW3 twice now.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018

Looking forward to your impressions of Speed Dating for Ghosts 1upsuper.
I just finished it. It's a charming little game with some sincere moments that might surprise you. I enjoyed the writing, but the style is pretty casual and modern. Not overbearing like Donut County, but many of the ghosts are (were) young adults, and their dialogue reflects that. If you're into weird and/or sentimental, bite-sized experiences you can play through in one evening, I recommend it. You don't spend a long time with any of the ~12 ghosts, but it's just enough time to learn what they're about, have a little adventure with them, and endear them to you (and hopefully, you to them). You can pick dialogue options to tank the speed dates so that they won't like you, but I never have the heart to go for bad routes in these things so I just tried to get along with everyone. The production values aren't showstopping, but that's not to the game's disadvantage. The screenshots will tell you whether you'll be into the art or not. There is some replay value given the various dialogue options that will momentarily take conversations in different directions, and it's short enough to actually make replays appealing. I played through it twice in order to try out some different choices. I can see myself replaying it down the road.

I'm at a point where I end up starting plenty of good games and never finishing them. This game was the right combination of fun, nice, and weird to get me to stick with it.

Last edited:

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
How are people playing Glass Masquerade 2 with regards the difficulty? I really struggled when I tried it on hard so I might complete it all on normal first then go back. Great idea though.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm bought Deadly Premonition origins and the game is still a very fun experience. I must have forgot how horrible the menu sound design is though. I had to turn off the sound when I was in the menu's, its that bad. Overall a very enjoyable game. I recommend it especially now that part 2 is coming.