• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
what's wrong with it? Was looking forward to play this game some time... :(
Astral Chain is fine. I think most people were expecting something like Bayonetta and more high budget. My main issue was the forced stealth levels when the game isn't really built for it. The game isn't perfect but it's still a great game. I think most people were expecting a more complex fighting system when I'd say what they have is very unique and fun in its own way.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
What's the Era consensus on Starlink? The Deluxe edition is on sale but I've never been able to take the plunge during previous sales. The videos just haven't convinced me it's fun.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
What's the Era consensus on Starlink? The Deluxe edition is on sale but I've never been able to take the plunge during previous sales. The videos just haven't convinced me it's fun.
well it's ubi open world but you're in a spaceship and can blast into the asteroid field and zoom onto another planet. plus star fox characters and stuff.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It's well made but not really my thing. I'll give it a second chance eventually but the first time I tried it it did not hook me in and I dropped off.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Primate Ryan TheMoon am I remembering right that you mentioned Ibb & Obb before as a game to watch for? I see it's coming on March 5th.

Looking at my history I've indeed mentioned the game multiple times.

It's a fun co-op (puzzle) platformer that is built around teamwork and I'm always a sucker for those games (whereas I don't care much for co-op in platformers that have been built around singleplayer and just support multiple players).

I wonder what took them so long though, as the port was announced in 2018 and supposed to be released later that year. It seems like they added some new stuff at least.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, this is slightly OT, but I don't think it needs its own thread someone here will probably know. I recently sold my launch Switch because I pre-ordered the Animal Crossing one coming out. I took my 200GB memory card out of my original Switch, and it's just sitting loose right now. Will I be able to just put that memory card into the new Switch when it comes in and have all the downloaded games on it just work? Or will I need to format it and redownload everything?

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Or will I need to format it and redownload everything?

Unfortunately, this.

I have a 400Go memory card, thinking I could just put it in another switch and be done, but when I took it off from my OG Switch to my Lite one, I had to format it so the Switch can use it and redownload all the games. :/

But did you sell your Switch before being able to have your new one so you could transfer your saves?

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I'm in the same situation regarding Starlink. It looks like a nice game, with nice graphics, nice exploration features... But man, when I look at the combat it just doesn't seem fun or challenging.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Starlink well enough and made an effort to engage with its original elements, but you're here for the Star Fox stuff. Everyone is.

I did enjoy my time with it because flying around space is always fun, and I think the team could make a good Star Fox game.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, this.

I have a 400Go memory card, thinking I could just put it in another switch and be done, but when I took it off from my OG Switch to my Lite one, I had to format it so the Switch can use it and redownload all the games. :/

But did you sell your Switch before being able to have your new one so you could transfer your saves?
I have a Switch Lite too, so I'm currently using that as my main console. I can transfer any saves from that (I think 99% of my games will use cloud saves anyway)

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I liked Starlink well enough and made an effort to engage with its original elements, but you're here for the Star Fox stuff. Everyone is.

I did enjoy my time with it because flying around space is always fun, and I think the team could make a good Star Fox game.

What do you think of the combat in Starlink, Weiss? In the videos I've seen, it always looks like there isn't much going on... Is the combat fun and challenging? I get the impression the exploration side of the game is the main attraction here and combat is just something to shake things up a bit from time to time.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think of the combat in Starlink, Weiss? In the videos I've seen, it always looks like there isn't much going on... Is the combat fun and challenging? I get the impression the exploration side of the game is the main attraction here and combat is just something to shake things up a bit from time to time.

It's not deep or anything but it's pew pew Star Fox fun, and the Digital Deluxe Edition comes with all the weapons.

But yeah I had most of my fun just dicking around doing quests on the alien worlds.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I have the urge to play darksiders 2. Is the switch port good? I only played and love DS 1 back when it first came out

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's not deep or anything but it's pew pew Star Fox fun, and the Digital Deluxe Edition comes with all the weapons.

But yeah I had most of my fun just dicking around doing quests on the alien worlds.

I don't think the digital deluxe edition comes with all the weapons, in fact it barely comes with more than the regular digital edition of the game.

Regular digital edition of game: 5 starships, 7 pilots, 12 weapons
Digital deluxe: 6 starships, 10 pilots, 15 weapons (so 1 starship, 3 pilots, and 3 weapons not included with digital edition)

There's a collection 2 pack that has another 3 starships, 5 pilots, and 11 weapons

And neither of those contain the star fox team pilot pack which IIRC has never gone on sale (and is the one everyone wants).

Honestly, if you have the physical edition the dlc collection 1 is probably worth it, but the digital regular edition comes with a lot more than the physical regular edition so I'm not sure how much "better" buying the digital deluxe is.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the digital deluxe edition comes with all the weapons, in fact it barely comes with more than the regular digital edition of the game.

Digital deluxe: 6 starships, 10 pilots, 15 weapons (so 1 starship, 3 pilots, and 3 weapons not included with digital edition)

There's a collection 2 pack that has another 3 starships, 5 pilots, and 11 weapons

And neither of those contain the star fox team pilot pack which IIRC has never gone on sale (and is the one everyone wants).

Honestly, if you have the physical edition the dlc collection 1 is probably worth it, but the digital regular edition comes with a lot more than the physical regular edition so I'm not sure how much "better" buying the digital deluxe is.

I know the version I bought came with everything that was available at the time.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm a Star Fox nut. If I want all the Star Fox content in Star Link, I just need to get the base game plus a paid Star Fox DLC pack?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017

Thanks for this breakdown. I think I'm going to pass now that I understand what is actually part of the sale.

Bought Child of Light. It's nice...

Same. It's a bit buggy (has crashed twice when I've tried to launch it) but it's really fun.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Child of Light too. I'm a little disappointed with the performance hiccups...

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Starlink is probably my most underrated game of the last 5 years. It is so, so good. I played it through on Switch and then recently again on PS4. Just a fantastic experience if you like space shooters.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
whats the likelihood of getting another ace attorney trilogy? are the next 3 games on mobile?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
whats the likelihood of getting another ace attorney trilogy? are the next 3 games on mobile?
Yes they are. I could see them being released as another trilogy (though probably higher priced if the DLC they released is added). Wouldn't mind the investigations and great AA games getting released over here though that's probably hoping for too much with the text length and inconsistencies with how the translations affected the story locations, etc. But with recent English translations of older games coming out, we can hold out hope.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Does Starlink have gyro controls?

I'm torn between buying it and the Star Fox DLC (is it worth it?) or Sonic Forces (or both, since Sonic is very cheap lol). Is it a fun game?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
So start playing Dead Cells (bought the Bad Seed bundle)... any tips?

What is mutations? Is it permanent? What is infection level? The game threw me terms yet it doesn't tell me what they are in terms of gameplay mechanics, haha.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
So start playing Dead Cells (bought the Bad Seed bundle)... any tips?

What is mutations? Is it permanent? What is infection level? The game threw me terms yet it doesn't tell me what they are in terms of gameplay mechanics, haha.
Mutations give you perks and you can only have 3 at a time. They aren't permanent as you can change them at each rest station, and are reset after each death. The higher your infection level the faster you die from the disease ravaging the Dead Cells world. You get it from certain infected enemies.

Dec 2, 2019
So I bought Florence and played it through last night. Yeah, it's a 1 hour-ish game, but boy was it good?!

It's 5,50€ and I don't regret the purchase in the slightest. In fact, I was glad I pulled the trigger because this game is something you won't want to miss.

Basically this is a VN, but you actually interact a lot and in different and varied ways. There's nothing headscratching here, but with clever use of buttons, sticks and rumble it's actually fun to play. Yeah, for people not keen to use the touch screen, the game is perfectly playable in handheld mode using buttons.
Text is very limited, this is not your typical VN with a ton of it, here the story is narrated through (mostly) animated pictures and music. You don't read what people are saying, but you always know it. Lovely stuff.

Music is very important in this game and, luckily, it delivers. It reminded me of 2001 french movie "Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain" and if you know that movie this should be great news. The music played a huge role in my personal emotional involvement, along with the lovely art and animation. Didn't expected to be so well disposed to appreciate the story of a girl, but hey, stranger things happen!

I highly recommend Florence, it deserves a place in your digital collection. Play it when you feel a little down and you'll almost certainly get better.

Congratulations to australian dev Mountains and to Annapurna for another great pick.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The next 3 games are on mobile! Here's hoping. I'm about 70% through the trilogy and I've fallen in love with the series, to the point that it's already my second highest played game on Switch (and I play a lot of Switch). I can't find any sales figures for the trilogy on Switch or other platforms, but hopefully it did well enough to warrant AA7/ a second trilogy port.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
The next 3 games are on mobile! Here's hoping. I'm about 70% through the trilogy and I've fallen in love with the series, to the point that it's already my second highest played game on Switch (and I play a lot of Switch). I can't find any sales figures for the trilogy on Switch or other platforms, but hopefully it did well enough to warrant AA7/ a second trilogy port.
im loving the trilogy as well, and im only on the first game

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Starlink is probably my most underrated game of the last 5 years. It is so, so good. I played it through on Switch and then recently again on PS4. Just a fantastic experience if you like space shooters.
I liked it a lot, but I think there is a bit too much repetition. I think it would be a fantastic foundation for a new Starfox game, though.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm a Star Fox nut. If I want all the Star Fox content in Star Link, I just need to get the base game plus a paid Star Fox DLC pack?

Just buy the base game, which has the arwing and starfox already. The DLC has Falco, Peppy and Slippy but it's not on sale and honestly I'd wait until you see if you like the game (starfox is available from the get go).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Witcher 3 patch is amazing.

AA off and sharpening on and it doesnt look like the screen is full of vaseline anymore, looks sharp as fuck wow.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Thought it'd be fun so here's the games in my switch library that should be compatible with my NSO Snes controller:
Nes/Snes, Super bomberman R, worms wmd, Sonic mania, PRBFTG(mostly), Baba is you, a robot named fight, puzzle quest, argatha S, Cadence of Hyrule, Shovel Knight, Capcom Beatemup collection, puyo puyo Tetris, Samurai Shodown IV, Ichidant R, Outrun, Phantasy Star, pinball arcade, Taiko no Tatsun Drum'n'fun, Golf Story, Namco Museum, Sega Genesis Classics, Hollow Knight, Metal slug 3, Dragonball Fighterz*, WakuWaku7, Blaster Master Zero, Magical Drop 3, Shock Troopers, Garou Mark of the wolves... might be one or two I may have missed but turns out I have a lot of games that could work!

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Guys I need impressions or to buy/not to buy for:

Last Day of June
The longest five minutes
Yomawari collection

I know Last Day of June is from Guarini/Ovosonico of Naruro Rise of Ninja/Shadow of the Damned/Murasaki Baby's fame but have no idea if it's any good...
They're all on sale for 50%off

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Kunai tonight, I'd give it 7/10.

I didn't find the final boss THAT bad once I realised that dashing is your best friend.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee

Last Day of June
The longest five minutes
Yomawari collection

I know Last Day of June is from Guarini/Ovosonico of Naruro Rise of Ninja/Shadow of the Damned/Murasaki Baby's fame but have no idea if it's any good...

Longest Five Minutes: I've read reviews online and on ERA and the consensus is it's just OK at best. The game is broken up into segments and at the start of each, your level is dropped back down to 1!!! So there isnt a feeling of progression and brings down the whole thing. I'm personally waiting for it to be 10 or under as I want to play it but don't think it's going to be great :/

I own Yomawari cause people here love it. I found it slow and boring lol. Walking around a town at night alone with a flashlight - lost and not much going on. I'd say if you like slower paced suspense/horror this will be up your alley but it just bored me to tears :/

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017

Last Day of June
The longest five minutes
Yomawari collection

I finished Last Day of June on PC so i can't speak for the Switch version. I played it with my wife and we had a good time with the game, it's a very clever game with a sweet though heartbreaking story.