• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sniper 2 or Sniper 3 ? (it also matters if one is more difficult in some way than the other, I don't difficult games these days)

I much prefer 3, I play on the easiest game mode, and find it to be great fun. You still have to be somewhat strategic in your planning, without worrying too much about bullet drop and that kind of junk.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this sale, I was hoping to get through the month only getting #FE and the Sega Ages games lol

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Interested in:
Broken Age
Child of Light
Donut County
Flipping Death
Little Inferno
Minit
Ori
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Tangle Tower
Transistor
Where the Water Tastes like Wine

If I had to parse it down to just 3, which ones should I get?

Natalie M.

May 8, 2018
Seemingly every game I am interested in but DQXI and Links Awakening is on sale, which is rare. Probably grabbing Witcher 3, AC: Rebel Collection and maybe Hotline Miami Collection or Dragon's Dogma. Hmmm.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit I literally just bought river city girls and sayonara wild hearts on Saturday lol. I need to be better at waiting to pick things up when I still have other things to play so I can get these sales

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Scrolling down through all the new deals in eShop Notifier today...

tenor.gif

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Dammit I literally just bought river city girls and sayonara wild hearts on Saturday lol. I need to be better at waiting to pick things up when I still have other things to play so I can get these sales

in this day and age I legit don't understand how anyone buys games full rpice outside of the release window. no offense :(

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Oh damn this sale is bananas. Gonna have to make a list to trim down. Think I'll go for Donut County and Curse of the Moon at least, for sure. Maybe River City Girls too?

Damn.

Edit: Pix the Cat is a damn good game y'all better check it out.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
This sale!! Grabbed Children of Morta and Forager. Might grab Eagle Island and Treasure Stack too

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
43% off Mario & Sonic Olympics Tokyo 2020 when it released only two months ago? WTF? o_0

I was so close to buying it at launch but now I'm glad I didn't. The other digital versions of past M&S games on 3DS/Wii U rarely (or never) went on sale, so I wasn't expecting this one to get a steep discount so soon. I don't think it even cracked the top 10 in US eShop best sellers at any point (although it was up for pre-purchase months before release which plays a factor in that) so you have to wonder if it underperformed sales expectations, which would be crazy considering two of gaming's most well-known mascots are in it, on a console that thrives on party games...

Natalie M.

May 8, 2018
in this day and age I legit don't understand how anyone buys games full rpice outside of the release window. no offense :(

For me it's pretty simple: Limited time to play games.

It really comes down to what I want to play when I want to play it. More often than not, the games I wait for to go on sale either never do (i'm digital only), or by the time they are on sale I don't have the time to play them.

If I didn't buy RDR2 on the day of release (as an example), I most likely would never have played it because that window of time is long gone. Paying full price is a drag, but more often than I'd like to admit, it's a necessary for me to play what I want to play.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
For me it's pretty simple: Limited time to play games.

It really comes down to what I want to play when I want to play it. More often than not, the games I wait for to go on sale either never do (i'm digital only), or by the time they are on sale I don't have the time to play them.

If I didn't buy RDR2 on the day of release (as an example), I most likely would never have played it because that window of time is long gone. Paying full price is a drag, but more often than I'd like to admit, it's a necessary for me to play what I want to play.

but...you DID buy RDR2 day 1, thats "the release window" like I said :p

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Pretty crummy tactic by Tomorrow Corporation to stealthily raise the price of three of its games (Human Resource Machine, Little Inferno, World of Goo) to $15 last summer when they were previously $10 for two-and-a-half years before that, only to discount them in this sale to $9 for "40% off."

I mean c'mon, guys. You're not fooling me with that load of crap. 🙄

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*sees Groove Coaster going on sale for $50 a third time since its release in November*

I'm starting to think they felt $60 wasn't a good idea. At this rate, I can't help but think it'll be $30 in a few more months.

Otherwise, my wishlist just has the Sega Ages for $2 off, which isn't that tempting considering my backlog & TMS next week. I may get Gal Gunvolt Burst since that's half off, though I'm playing the 8-bit Bloodstained at the moment. Also really wish you could sort alphabetically when doing searches...

Actually, speaking of 8-bits, ASW is releasing a game at the end of the month called Code Shifter that's a crossover between Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Kunio, & more, but all in 8-bit. It's weirs & out of nowhere, yet interesting.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
The good news is that four titles on my wishlist apparently went on sale. The bad news is that none of the discounts are particularly good. I've got a decent backlog as it is so they need to be at least 50% off to get me interested at this point.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Puyo Puyo Champions and River City Girls are mine. Groove Coaster needs to put its DLC on sale, hopefully in the future. VC4 and Bomberman R are also interesting.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Bamco has been killing it with their sales lately. It's always largely been the same discounts every time, but the frequency with which they're doing it has been amazing. I think this is their fourth sale in the past two-ish months? Really nice stuff. A total reversal since I posted this almost exactly a year ago:
Baladium said:
Of all the major third-party publishers on Switch, you could argue that Namco is the worst of them all when it comes to discounting their stuff. I guess they've noticed the success big Nintendo has had with selling at full MSRP for years, and now little Namco wants a piece of that pie despite offering arguably less compelling software. The real kicker is that they run frequent and disproportionately deep sales on competing storefronts while Switch owners get next to nothing.

I take it back, Bamco.

Now release a new Klonoa for Switch. ;)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
*sees Groove Coaster going on sale for $50 a third time since its release in November*

I'm starting to think they felt $60 wasn't a good idea. At this rate, I can't help but think it'll be $30 in a few more months.

Otherwise, my wishlist just has the Sega Ages for $2 off, which isn't that tempting considering my backlog & TMS next week. I may get Gal Gunvolt Burst since that's half off, though I'm playing the 8-bit Bloodstained at the moment. Also really wish you could sort alphabetically when doing searches...

Actually, speaking of 8-bits, ASW is releasing a game at the end of the month called Code Shifter that's a crossover between Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Kunio, & more, but all in 8-bit. It's weirs & out of nowhere, yet interesting.

These meager Groove Coaster discounts are such a tease. At least we know Taito is willing to drop the price (unlike other publishers who send their games to die with no discounts for years), so I'll be waiting patiently for it to hit that $30 sweet spot before I bite.

And just go ahead and grab those SEGA AGES games, man. They're two freakin' bucks and won't go cheaper than that. M2 deserves every penny.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
So I've gone from thinking a week ago "oh there's no games I want to buy this month", to now sitting here knowing I'm going to buy To The Moon, Stories Untold and Kentucky Route Zero

Oh well 🤷‍♂️

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It should hopefully drop too, the former price drops in US match perfectly the ones in EU.
About your dog question, I got stuck super quick on the Vita version so... I don't know :D
Well, everyone in the game is already dead, so something bad already happened to the dog ^_^

Jokes aside, I only played the game for an hour or two. Just like Putosaure , I also got stuck quickly and quit. I don't recommend it if you want to beat the game without any help, but if you're ok with checking a guide every now and then, go for it because it's a very funny and charming game.

Thank you both for the info. I'm glad to see it's on sale now in the US for sub-$4. That is super cheap. Putosaure, did you like it before you got stuck? And for both of you, do you typically play PnCs? Getting stuck for ages in them is so common for me (in the handful I've played) that I was wondering if they're one of your preferred genres, like, if getting stuck and quitting was normal for you with this genre or if the getting stuck felt more egregious/frustrating than in other PnCs. Hope that makes sense, coming out of a long workday so my brain is extra melty.

Thank you for the heads up! I really appreciate it.

Well actually, my Bowser Jr. is 12 years old and he's like" Play with my daddy? Talk about hating him!" lol

Nah jokes aside, he's always ready to play some videogames with me. And I have some more Koopalings, too XD

II was going to get a 15€ eShop card to pick Okami HD which is 12€ atm, so I might bite on Broken Age

My pleasure. Hope you two dig it if you get to playing. Is one of your other Koopalings Lemmy? You can tell him he's my favorite.

Anyone who is remotely interested in point and click adventures and whmisical but meaningful stories and somehow hasn't played it yet, should rush to grab BROKEN AGE on this sale. It's a wonderful little gem.

Dash Kappei and I have been in this for a long time so I'm gonna be super sad if he put me on ignore.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Are vouchers still a thing? And how do I buy them?

Nope they stopped back in July 2019. You can only redeem them at this point if you haven't used them up yet.
43% off Mario & Sonic Olympics Tokyo 2020 when it released only two months ago? WTF? o_0

I was so close to buying it at launch but now I'm glad I didn't. The other digital versions of past M&S games on 3DS/Wii U rarely (or never) went on sale, so I wasn't expecting this one to get a steep discount so soon. I don't think it even cracked the top 10 in US eShop best sellers at any point (although it was up for pre-purchase months before release which plays a factor in that) so you have to wonder if it underperformed sales expectations, which would be crazy considering two of gaming's most well-known mascots are in it, on a console that thrives on party games...

I REALLY liked the demo they have of the game on the JPN eShop. I recommend checking it out. I don't know why they haven't put it out in other regions. But you should switch shops and check it out. The game seemed really fun if you already like these Olympic games. That sale is very tempting!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
vouchers are alive and well in EU. They are advertizing them right now for the new pokemon game /shrug

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
And for both of you, do you typically play PnCs? Getting stuck for ages in them is so common for me (in the handful I've played) that I was wondering if they're one of your preferred genres, like, if getting stuck and quitting was normal for you with this genre or if the getting stuck felt more egregious/frustrating than in other PnCs. Hope that makes sense, coming out of a long workday so my brain is extra melty.

Back in the day, yes, getting stuck in King's Quest V, Fate of Atlantis and other PnCs was a part of my routine. And it was ok, because I had lots of free time, so it wasn't frustrating at all and I remember how great it felt when I finally found out the piece of the puzzle I was missing. GF is this kind of game, so if you're fine with it, go ahead.

I still like PnCs, but my gaming time is limited now (wife, kid, job), so the only way I can play them is with a guide, and I don't think it makes much sense to play them this way :(

Oh, I know there are some Brazilian friends around, so let me add something: the Brazilian Portuguese voice acting is absolutely wonderful.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Any thoughts on Tangle Tower? Animation and voicework seems excellent and I miss a good point and click mystery/detective game.
Posted about it a few months ago. These were my initial impressions:
Tangle Tower is murder mystery whodunnit puzzle adventure game in the vein of Professor Layton. The writing is great, the characters awesome and funny and the overall plot interesting.

The most striking thing for me is its presentation. It's fully voiced and the animations are phenomenal. I'm typically not a fan of the Layton games because I feel like it becomes more about the puzzles than the story but Tangle Tower isn't like that since the story is first and foremost and the puzzles secondary. So yeah, if a Layton-like with interesting puzzles and even better characters sounds interesting to you, give it a go. I haven't finished it yet (about to wrap it up) but it's definitely one of my favorites games of the year.

And my thoughts on the ending if you care to read. No spoilers.
Finished Tangle Tower. I wasn't in love with the ending at all... That was until I spoke to my wife about it, who overheard/watched me play it before bed most nights and now that we discussed it, I'm honestly really coming around on the ending.

Anyway, I wholeheartedly recommend Tangle Tower. The ending might be a bit... anticlimactic but the entire journey is one everyone who enjoy this style of game should definitely see through.