• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 4 days, 2 hours, 13 minutes, 17 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Nintendo eShop - January 2020 | "Indie developers are the most important creators in this industry"

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/198x

very interesting 198X review.

Only downside is the short lenght, you can beat it in around 1 hour, ooof

it's 10€/$ anyway, but still
Its really easy as well. No real challenge, I ran through the PS4 one and the only difficult stuff was the trophies, and honestly those still weren't that hard. Its a fun experience but honestly its something I'd recommend waiting for a price cut, each of the mini games weren't very replayable.

Dec 2, 2019
Its really easy as well. No real challenge, I ran through the PS4 one and the only difficult stuff was the trophies, and honestly those still weren't that hard. Its a fun experience but honestly its something I'd recommend waiting for a price cut, each of the mini games weren't very replayable.
Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, maybe when it'll be on sale, no need to pick it up now with all the backlog and stuff.

Dash Kappei Now we can be friends on the Switch :)

Baladium

Apr 18, 2018
Balloon Park Zone
I have to echo what folks in this thread have been saying about Super Crush KO and how quickly it ends. It was my biggest concern going into it and now that I’ve beaten the last boss I can’t help but feel that another set of levels was needed along with an ending that didn’t feel so rushed and abrupt. Also I think the lack of an endless “arena”-type mode was a huge missed opportunity.

I still see myself wringing quite a few more hours out if it by means of trying to attain those S+ ranks, similar to how my greatest enjoyment with Graceful Explosion Machine was revisiting all of the levels to better my scores/ranking. This game is simply far too good as a cohesive gameplay/art style/music package to be left at just one playthrough before moving on to lesser games.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Man, the Switch version of Okami is absolutely brilliant. Been playing that for a while and I love it more than I loved back when I played the original.

The game looks gorgeous on the Switch screen. It's hard to believe this is a PS2 game. No game from that era has aged this well except Wind Waker probably.

And the touchscreen celestial brush is a game changer. It vastly improves the pacing of the game. The HD rumble is also very well done.

What a brilliant game... and it's on sale now! This is peak Capcom on Switch and it won't ever get better than that.

stealthyfrog

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Man, the Switch version of Okami is absolutely brilliant. Been playing that for a while and I love it more than I loved back when I played the original.

The game looks gorgeous on the Switch screen. It's hard to believe this is a PS2 game. No game from that era has aged this well except Wind Waker probably.

And the touchscreen celestial brush is a game changer. It vastly improves the pacing of the game. The HD rumble is also very well done.

What a brilliant game... and it's on sale now! This is peak Capcom on Switch and it won't ever get better than that.
I dropped it a while ago and tried to go back recently but had no idea what to do. I'll restart my save and try to stick with it the whole way through eventually.

Champion

Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Ya I enjoyed enough to beat it the same day I bought it which is rare. It has a good flow to combat though I wish it had more variety. I was also expecting more (ie challenge modes) once I beat it. $10 would’ve been a better price for this game.
The studio that made the game consists of 5 ppl and that might explains why the game is short and left me wanting more. $10 sounds about right but the game is definitely good. I would probably pay for a few more levels, challenege modes, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate all the early word on Super Crush KO. I'd marked it out as something to pick up at launch, since I had complete faith in the developers after Graceful Explosion Machine, but I've been a bit too inundated with other games to get to it, short as it seems to be. Might still pick it up while the launch discount is active, though.

-Leaderboards and score tracking are done well here. I was playing the game while at a dog park (no Wifi) but was still able to upload all of my scores later.
Back in 2017 I specifically wrote the developers about putting an "upload later" feature into the leaderboards in GEM, and was delighted that they patched it in a few months out from launch, although by that point I had too much else to play and didn't wind up going back to the game to mop up my remaining S+ ranks. I no longer play my Switch handheld/offline as much as I did back then, but I'm very pleased to see this feature return.

I have to echo what folks in this thread have been saying about Super Crush KO and how quickly it ends. It was my biggest concern going into it and now that I’ve beaten the last boss I can’t help but feel that another set of levels was needed along with an ending that didn’t feel so rushed and abrupt. Also I think the lack of an endless “arena”-type mode was a huge missed opportunity.

I still see myself wringing quite a few more hours out if it by means of trying to attain those S+ ranks, similar to how my greatest enjoyment with Graceful Explosion Machine was revisiting all of the levels to better my scores/ranking. This game is simply far too good as a cohesive gameplay/art style/music package to be left at just one playthrough before moving on to lesser games.
That's unfortunate. GEM felt abrupt and short too, but the single-segment challenges (where you try to clear an entire world from start to finish) were a big jump up and extended the life of the game considerably. I found that I enjoyed GEM the most when I took the time to get at least A-ranks before continuing to the next level, then sweeping every world for S-ranks, then S+ (though I didn't finish that). To my surprise, it only added up to about 10-15 hours, which was much less than it felt—but that's what happens when you have a game that is so action-packed with quick transitions and seamless reloads.

I'll take it as a warning that if I get around to Super Crush KO, I shouldn't hurry my way from level to level there either. As someone who did love GEM and is very much into chasing scores (if not necessarily perfect S+ scores) in this sort of game, I hope it still feels like fair value at the end of the experience.

Dec 2, 2019

Yeah, this game looks incredible and it hasn't aged a bit visually.
I used to love it back in the day and to play it on the go makes me love it even more, somehow. This art style will never get old, when in motion this is still the best looking game in history imho, I just can't get enough and I can see me playing it in 20 years and say exactly the same.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If the Pokemon save is the most important thing, I would probably wait until she's done with the game. Since there is no way to back it up yourself, I wouldn't trust Nintendo not to wipe the system or send out a refurb instead of repairing it.
The only potential issue I can see from waiting is if it's currently under warranty, and this is the difference between a free warranty repair or not. I don't know, but would assume that an out-of-warranty repair could be expensive.
Can't he move the pokemon save over to his switch? I thought that was one of the saves that you can't copy but you can move (as opposed to something like Yugioh which allows neither).

edited to add: ah, I missed a page of discussion about it already. I didn't know you could move the Yugioh save via profile.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, GulAtiCa, Cities: Skylines got an update:

And thanks for sharing your impressions on the game a few pages ago. It looks pretty interesting!
ha, was going to mention! I noticed this yesterday. I hope we somehow get more of the DLC, at least for more of the different roads lol.

My game is now at 60 hours and 100k in population. I def recommend this game. So much fun.

Dec 2, 2019
mhhh tempted by Cave Story at 10€ (67% off and lowest ever)

meanwhile I purchased Vectronom yesterday. First impressions are good!

You control this little square in this rhythm based puzzle platformer, music seems dope. Maybe I'll elaborate on this later on. The game is 30% off until tomorrow iirc

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ on sale for £17.99. I already have it on the PS4, do I really want to double-dip and unlock eeeeeverything that I've managed to unlock again? Some of that stuff was a total fluke. But Isaac on Switch means Isaac anywhere...

Dec 2, 2019
So it seems West of Loathing's "Reckonin' at Gun Manor" DLC is available now.

the game is currently 5,40€ in Europe (lowest ever). I dropped it too soon despite enjoying what I played, I just don't remember what other game grabbed my interest. Whatever, I don't know if it's free or not