• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Thank you both for the info. I'm glad to see it's on sale now in the US for sub-$4. That is super cheap. Putosaure, did you like it before you got stuck? And for both of you, do you typically play PnCs? Getting stuck for ages in them is so common for me (in the handful I've played) that I was wondering if they're one of your preferred genres, like, if getting stuck and quitting was normal for you with this genre or if the getting stuck felt more egregious/frustrating than in other PnCs. Hope that makes sense, coming out of a long workday so my brain is extra melty.
I found it super enjoyable and full of charm, yes. When I saw it discounted I thought about getting it again since I can't play it anymore on Vita (it was a Plus freebie), but I know I'll get stuck again as it's one of those PnCs that have sometimes a weird logic.
It's usually not my favorite type of game at all because I tend to be pretty impatient (the only PnC I played a fair bit was I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream), but I tried it anyway because of the praise about the atmosphere of the game. As you can see, I'm quite different from OrakioRob but we still liked the game. Just give it a try! :)

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
As for the latest installment in neverending eShop sales, I think I'm gonna do Resident Evil 4 (baffled that it's 12 gigs, though; I might delete Revelations to make room) and Moonlighter, as the discount is pretty substantial.

I've been reading up on Gal Metal, which I'm kinda interested in. Someone said one Joy-Con is mapped to the bass drum and the other is mapped to the snare? If that's true, that might be the deal-breaker for me. I can't keep an independent beat on separate hands, at all.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So what is the total size Witcher takes up? I know the eshop page says 28.1 GB but sometimes games take up more than they say. Really tempted by this but like I said earlier, it's the one game I kind of want physical just because of how big it is.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So what is the total size Witcher takes up? I know the eshop page says 28.1 GB but sometimes games take up more than they say. Really tempted by this but like I said earlier, it's the one game I kind of want physical just because of how big it is.
it came with a 3.2GB day-1 patch still (retail), so add that onto the DL size probably.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it physical. I can download 28GB on the Switch, but I'd rather not. I also had reward points from my credit card so I got it for like $20. There's a visual downgrade for sure, but it's not that drastic IMO, and the game runs amazingly well on Switch. Though I find it funny that there are a few bugs in certain quests that are still present from when the game initially released like five years ago. XD

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Scrolling down through all the new deals in eShop Notifier today...

tenor.gif

I'm amazed they didn't get rate limited like they did on the Wednesday before Black Friday and the Thursday before Christmas.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Tsum Tsum Festival on sale for the first time. Does anyone know if they ever updated to support Pro controllers? Sure would be nice since that's what I use most often.

In other news I saw Doom and Doom II got substantial updates with free add-on level packs, 60 fps and more - really impressive!

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about Tsum Tsum festival too. I only want it for the Tsum Tsum match game, don't have anyone to play the multiplayer games with. So I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017

Just did a quick shopping search for Witcher 3 on Google UK. Seems out of stock lots of places. Amazon third party sellers are selling it for £79.99

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I bought 2 vouchers mainly off the back of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon being announced and I ain't paying £50 for it as much as I love it (and I'm not seeing any online retailers selling cartridge versions of it) but I'm debating my second one as to whether or not I want to use it on Animal Crossing, which was my original plan.

Think I'll keep hold of it fore the foreseeable future at least until the next Direct. Should there be a Wii U port like Pikmin 3 or 3D World I think I'll use it on that instead since I also don't like the idea very much of them inevitably being £50 also.

Now I've got an extra reason to eagerly anticipate the Direct!

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The Civilization VI DLC that just came out in November is on sale now... Is it worth it?

On a side note, I guess I should have expected it, but having not watched the direct, I didn't realize that Sword had a different season pass than Shield... I was hoping to share the season pass content between my daughter and I. Shoot. I should've just stuck with one or the other.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
How is Children of Morta? I'm looking for something more immediate and 'game'-ier to play in between meatier games. I'm tempted to get Witcher but already have a bunch of games I need to finish.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Can gold points not be used on Wii U games? I was planning on getting some N64 VC games with my gold points but there doesn't seem to be an option to use them.

Lame.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I REALLY liked the demo they have of the game on the JPN eShop. I recommend checking it out. I don't know why they haven't put it out in other regions. But you should switch shops and check it out. The game seemed really fun if you already like these Olympic games. That sale is very tempting!

Yup, I actually did try the demo out already and enjoyed it as well! Though I only hope the full version has enough single-player content to make it worth it since I'll be primarily playing solo.

I think my only other experience with the M&S series was another demo on 3DS years ago. Could never seem to commit to paying full MSRP on what's mainly a party game (since these games are always super stubborn on holding their value after release and rarely if ever go on sale digitally), but almost half-off of one is much more tempting for sure.

I'm amazed they didn't get rate limited like they did on the Wednesday before Black Friday and the Thursday before Christmas.

Oh, it definitely did this time, too. Lots of games omitted from the feed again due to the sheer volume of new discounts:

At least once a week I like to just go straight to the source to make sure I don't miss anything: Switch ➔ eShop ➔ Search ➔ Other Search Filters ➔ On Sale ➔ Search ➔ Price (low to high).

(Don't use the Great Deals tab unless I want a quick glance of what the most popular deals are.)

Last edited:

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
So many of the exact same games that were on sale in the Christmas sale a few days ago are on sale again lol... and I ain't even mad as I missed grabbing a few of them. :P

It annoys me how some of the Sega Ages games are 50% off but others are only 25%, makes me just want to wait for the others to go 50%.

Last edited:

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Perhaps it's different in your region, but for the UK at least there's a small selection of Wii U discounts available, all first-party games.
I'm in the US. I don't think we have had WiiU discounts other than the birthday one (which was like color splash basically) for around a year. It's completely forgotten by NOA.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
There is absolutely no reason to ever buy a Lego game at launch. The discounts they get are amazing. Plus for whatever reason the bundles are usually more expensive than just buying the game and season pass separately.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
There's some nice sales but nothing that I absolutelmustto have. Especially with Super Krush K.O., To The Moon, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions releasing next week.

And if you're interested in To The Moon don't pre-order it. Apparently they will have a 20% discount on the game but the discount isn't up on the eShop yet for whatever reason.

Interested in:
Broken Age
Child of Light
Donut County
Flipping Death
Little Inferno
Minit
Ori
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Tangle Tower
Transistor
Where the Water Tastes like Wine

If I had to parse it down to just 3, which ones should I get?
Transistor, Sayonara Wild Hearts, and Ori.

Last edited:

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
I also can confirm i'm super impressed by the game.
It has a lot of options and performance/graphics mode like Grid has and the game is super well done.

I must say for a indie rally game there's a lot more love and dedication on this port that the one done by the wrc08 team and i'm having more fun with rush rally than with wrc were they kinda screw the gameplay on portable mode because of poor joy-con analog implementation.
Yep. And Rush Rally 3 got an update today that adds HD Rumble (and it's implemented really well)

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Pass on all these sales. I'm still playing through enough stuff:

Pokemon Sword
AI The Soninum Files
Astral Chain
Shovel Knight King of Cards
YokaLaylee 2

... And then I have Tokoyo mirage coming next week.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
I just died in the impossible lair in Yooka 2 and my game crashed. Guess I died extra hard lol.

I've tried it four times so far and made it 67% of the way this time. Level seems really long compared to the rest of the game.

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking to buy a new switch game. What's a great game I can just pick up play a few rounds and then just put it down for another time?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished off Ori. Great fun and it only gets better later in the game as it gets more creative with its platforming. Also, the new powerups (dash and grenades) are fantastic, I love how you can boost off a grenade to gain further height - pair that with other moves at your disposal and you can reach all manor of hidden areas.
Also, its one of the only Metroidvania games that basically makes backtracking fun because of the movement/traversal.
Hyped for the sequel. Now onto Blaster Master Zero 2...

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any words if Tangle Tower will get a sale on the EU eShop now as well? I missed the start discount.