• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When is the arcade port of Ninja Warriors going to be released by Hamster?

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Never see people talking about Sky Rogue, but I feel the need to pimp it for a sec since it's on sale. Has some of the most gorgeous polygonal art ever, and it's a must play if you're into stuff like Ace Combat. Put a bunch of time into the PC version, though be aware it has roguelike elements if that's a turn off.

Hmm. I'll have to read up on these roguelike elements. I've been interested in Sky Rogue, but thought that was just a name to sound cool (the Rogue part) and not actually because of a gameplay quirk. ha I don't mind either way, but it'll be interesting to see how they're incorporated into a game such as this. Off to do some reading!

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I'll have to read up on these roguelike elements. I've been interested in Sky Rogue, but thought that was just a name to sound cool (the Rogue part) and not actually because of a gameplay quirk. ha I don't mind either way, but it'll be interesting to see how they're incorporated into a game such as this. Off to do some reading!

It's far less random than many games so I've never found it to be frustrating. You get to pick your plane and loadout each time, and progress through a series of randomly generated islands, with different targets each time you restart. Enemies drop money which you can use to upgrade your plane in between missions. The randomly generated levels add a lot of variety, but you'll never get a bad roll which makes it impossible to complete or anything.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Kinda torn on whether to get A Robot Named Fight.. The price is great and I love Super Metroid, but I got bored of Dead Cells after a few hours and have kinda realized that the level design is what really draws me to those type of games rather than the platforming or combat mechanics.

From my experience: there are games that I'm always slightly interested in, and every time they go on sale I agonize for days over whether or not I should get it. If the price is really low, (and that's the case with A Robot Named Fight), I think buying the game and regretting it later is better than passing on it and keep thinking about whether or not you should have bought it ^_^

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Also, in addition to this, apparently there's a brand new game in the works? O_O
No.
NyarumiYukimitsu 602 points · 6 hours ago · edited 10 minutes ago
This is about the remake of Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz.
『ウキウキパーティー大集合』をリメイクした最新作『たべごろ!スーパーモンキーボール』のスクープ記事を掲載!
"We are publishing a new scoop on the latest game, 'Tabegoro Super Monkey Ball,' which is a remake of 'Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz!'"
This remake is also coming to Steam and PS4 alongside the Switch, while the new game is only coming to PS4 and Switch.
Edit: this is incorrect. The article doesn't actually imply this. My apologies for the mistranslation and accidental hype. Sleepiness is deadly.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda torn on whether to get A Robot Named Fight.. The price is great and I love Super Metroid, but I got bored of Dead Cells after a few hours and have kinda realized that the level design is what really draws me to those type of games rather than the platforming or combat mechanics.

Also, glad that Monkey Ball is coming back! Loved the first two but could never get into BB as much because of the Wii controls.
If anything your problem with Dead Cells might mean that you'll like ARNF. I get the appeal of Dead Cells but I can't for the life of me see why people consider it a true Metroidvania let alone a good one; it's just a 2D action game with big, relatively simple and non interconnected maps.

ARNF is a roguelike, yes, but the "building blocks" it uses to procedurally generate its levels are very high quality, which translates in the layouts passing for handcrafted levels a lot of the time. There's an actual care to have nuanced level design that's comparable to Metroid and it's so impressive. A procedurally generated Metroid-like game sounds like a disaster in the making, I know, but ARNF nails it, against all odds.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
New questions for anyone here: Is Vampyr still releasing on the Switch and if so is there a release date for it yet? I want to play it.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
Heh, thanks for the heads up. September and October is looking to take so much of my money away on video games. It's getting ridiculous at this point. But still. . .yay!

Last edited:

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
ARNF is a roguelike, yes, but the "building blocks" it uses to procedurally generate its levels are very high quality, which translates in the layouts passing for handcrafted levels a lot of the time. There's an actual care to have nuanced level design that's comparable to Metroid and it's so impressive. A procedurally generated Metroid-like game sounds like a disaster in the making, I know, but ARNF nails it, against all odds.

I've heard other people express similar sentiments, I think I'll give it a shot! Only $2 after all.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I have a long trip coming ahead and I'm thinking of getting one of the Nintendo licensed powerbanks.

13400 for 60 bucks or the heavier 20100 for 70?

I'm inclined to get the bigger one because it's almost double capacity for only 10 more euros and I think I'll only really need it for long flights in which I'll be carrying a backpack anyway but I don't know, maybe realistically the smaller one would be big enough? I also kinds of fear airlines might get stricter about the limits on size of chargers on board....

Any advice?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I have a long trip coming ahead and I'm thinking of getting one of the Nintendo licensed powerbanks.

13400 for 60 bucks or the heavier 20100 for 70?

I'm inclined to get the bigger one because it's almost double capacity for only 10 more euros and I think I'll only really need it for long flights in which I'll be carrying a backpack anyway but I don't know, maybe realistically the smaller one would be big enough? I also kinds of fear airlines might get stricter about the limits on size of chargers on board....

Any advice?

For a $10 difference I'd 100% go for the bigger one, unless you absolutely need something more pocketable. You'll regret not opting for more charging power in the future. Multiple full charges on a single battery is a luxury you won't want to live without once you have it. lol

Also, Anker is a quality brand but I've always been skeptical about the extra price mark-up on top of their pre-existing non-Nintendo branded chargers for their alleged "flawless compatibility" with Switch. Kinda reminds me of those officially licensed SanDisk SD cards with Nintendo designs that cost significantly more than the regular ones when they were released earlier this year.

I've personally been using a more inexpensive 20100 mAh battery pack by RAVPower with an Anker USB-C cable exclusively to charge my Switch over the past several months, to the point where I retired my OEM wall charger entirely. No problems to report yet, and as a matter of fact this setup works even better than the random disconnects I'd sometimes get with the wall charger. You can totally just charge up the battery pack overnight and take it with you as a mini charging station anywhere you go throughout the day. :)

Plainsong

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
I have a Ravpower power bank as well. Had it for 2 years or so. It's been perfect. We use it on the go or on the couch for tablets, phones and the Switch. Quality product.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
New Jupiter Picross game just announced!

After Kemono Friends Picross was brought over, I'd bet on this one doing the same, even though there seems to be far more text to translate thanks to the newly added dialogue.

But man, I gotta say these crossovers are getting weirder all the time...
I've heard of Overlord though never seen it, but man, these crossovers are super weird, but hey, more Picross & hopefully, this'll come over. At least the demo might give us a good idea of how import friendly it'll be in terms of accessing the puzzles.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I succumbed and bought Steins Gate and The Last Door, both on sale.

Next on my list will be to buy Secret Files: Tunguska for 30% off, which will provide me with 40% off for Secret Files 2 (don't remember its name..). The 40% off if you own one Secret Files game is one of those "hidden" promotions (that I think are permanent).

What I hoped for when Switch came out is turning into reality, Switch is becoming a home to more and more point and click games.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
I succumbed and bought Steins Gate and The Last Door, both on sale.

Next on my list will be to buy Secret Files: Tunguska for 30% off, which will provide me with 40% off for Secret Files 2 (don't remember its name..). The 40% off if you own one Secret Files game is one of those "hidden" promotions (that I think are permanent).

What I hoped for when Switch came out is turning into reality, Switch is becoming a home to more and more point and click games.

Do you have The Raven: Remastered and Broken Sword 5? :)

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Do you have The Raven: Remastered and Broken Sword 5? :)
I have The Raven (finished it, the reason I play only on the Switch since it came out is that I actually finish games on it), Broken Sword is on my wishlist but I'm waiting for some sale to bring it down at the very least to its non sale price on Steam.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017

Also, glad that Monkey Ball is coming back! Loved the first two but could never get into BB as much because of the Wii controls.

If you love SM I can't imagine a person not enjoying ARNF.

It feels nothing like Dead Cells to me..ARNF is straight up Super Metroid.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Deluxe Edition is on sale for $16 (60% off) in the US eShop.

I've been eyeing it for some time, so I immediately picked it up and am excited to finally play it.

It's a bandai sale, seems like, though it's weird because xenoverse was on sale a while ago and naruto was on sale just prior to this; it's like they're rotating their stuff.

My Hero One's Justice is 23.99 (US), worth it for that price?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome to see it's out the same day in the US, was half expecting it to take a while due to having to translate more text than the average Picross game.

Oh right, the rewind feature for NES games got added. Maybe I should finally give it another look. Wish Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3 would get added considering I beat the first one via Switch.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Awesome to see it's out the same day in the US, was half expecting it to take a while due to having to translate more text than the average Picross game.

Oh right, the rewind feature for NES games got added. Maybe I should finally give it another look. Wish Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3 would get added considering I beat the first one via Switch.

Yeah, I finished both the arcade/NES versions of Ninja Gaiden on Switch for the first time earlier this year and am eagerly awaiting 2 and 3 to get added to NSO. If/when Ryu Hayabusa is revealed to be one of the remaining Smash DLC fighters, it would be a great promotional opportunity to tie it in with those games in the monthly update.

dialogic

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, I'm tempted by steins gate... Is it really worth it, I heard it was a bad remake of an awesome game ?

It's barely a game, really. If you're a Steins Gate fan or if you're into visual novels then I would recommend it. It's my first real VN experience, and I've been surprised by the lack of interaction so far. It's mostly reading and the short animated segments are nicely integrated. I can't say how it compares to the original but my impression is that the only thing changed is the art (from the original still images to this new animated version).

u_neek

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I'm tempted by steins gate... Is it really worth it, I heard it was a bad remake of an awesome game ?
I never played the original but adored Elite. It's my favourite VN by a mile. As other have mentioned, there isn't much gameplay apart from a few choices you have to make here and there, plus the plot takes a while to really get going, but the story and presentation are absolutely top-notch.

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping Rolling Gunner goes back up on the EU store soon (according to the devs on twitter, it will), just found out about it and it looks amazing.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Hoping Rolling Gunner goes back up on the EU store soon (according to the devs on twitter, it will), just found out about it and it looks amazing.
Didn't knew the game was removed. Guess it was because of rating problems.

Glad i bought it when i could.
The game is really good and just a awesome shmup but super hard which is not a bad thing.
You're gonna have a blast when you get it

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't knew the game was removed. Guess it was because of rating problems.

Glad i bought it when i could.
The game is really good and just a awesome shmup but super hard which is not a bad thing.
You're gonna have a blast when you get it

You're making the wait even tougher now! :D Can't wait to play it myself, fingers crossed it'll be soon.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
New Joycons coming in October.

joycon.900x.jpg