• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Can anyone recommend me some good, lesser known Switch games that have 3D gameplay and run at 60 fps (or at least target 60 fps and manage to maintain it a good amount of the time)? I know that some of Nintendo's big titles run at 60, as do some ports of old gen games like RE4, DMC and the recently released Virtua Racing, which I bought. I'm looking more for indie games or small, under the radar releases that are more ambitious than the typical sidescrolling fare.

Something along the lines of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Mrx6AKSMw
(Tanzia... which seems a bit rough around the edges based on a few reviews I read)

Car Quest, Chameleon Run: Deluxe Edition, and No Thing are good, indie, somewhat overlooked, 3D, and 60 fps (or close to it), but they're very mechanically simple and don't really qualify as "ambitious", so that might be a dealbreaker for you. All of them are inexpensive though, so they still might be worth checking out as a fun diversion.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend me some good, lesser known Switch games that have 3D gameplay and run at 60 fps (or at least target 60 fps and manage to maintain it a good amount of the time)? I know that some of Nintendo's big titles run at 60, as do some ports of old gen games like RE4, DMC and the recently released Virtua Racing, which I bought. I'm looking more for indie games or small, under the radar releases that are more ambitious than the typical sidescrolling fare.

Something along the lines of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Mrx6AKSMw
(Tanzia... which seems a bit rough around the edges based on a few reviews I read)
Not sure about lesser known or ambitious, but Marble It Up is great. So are Horizon Chase Turbo and Assault Android Cactus, but those probably don't count as "3D gameplay".

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Great thread as always thanks :)
WTF Switch damn I had no idea July was this crazy. I see like 10 games I need lol.

I'm surprised DQ Builders 2 isn't in the main roll at the top with the pictures it's by far the game I'm looking forward to the most. Forgot it was out July 12th til I saw it in the OP. Can't wait - it shall consume my life!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Great thread as always thanks :)
WTF Switch damn I had no idea July was this crazy. I see like 10 games I need lol.

I'm surprised DQ Builders 2 isn't in the main roll at the top with the pictures it's by far the game I'm looking forward to the most. Forgot it was out July 12th til I saw it in the OP. Can't wait - it shall consume my life!

it is, in the "notable releases" line with MUA3 and Fire Emblem 3. I too thought it was super weird those big games werent highlighted with pictures and shit, I guess the reasoning is they dont need the exposure?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
it is, in the "notable releases" line with MUA3 and Fire Emblem 3. I too thought it was super weird those big games werent highlighted with pictures and shit, I guess the reasoning is they dont need the exposure?

Ah that must be why - they are the most notable I guess they don't need to be highlighted , cool

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to a handful of games this month but Builders 2 is by far my most anticipated yeah.s

Also as constructive criticism... Bloodstained Switch seems absurdly bad so I'm not sure we should be highlighting it as one of last month's greats. At least not until it gets those much needed updates.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking forward to a handful of games this month but Builders 2 is by far my most anticipated yeah.s

Also as constructive criticism... Bloodstained Switch seems absurdly bad so I'm not sure we should be highlighting it as one of last month's greats. At least not until it gets those much needed updates.

Bloodstained port takes me back to the times I hated portables because you didnt get versions of games on the portable, you got the PORTABLE version of the game (does that make sense?) and what finally changed with the switch (and maybe the vita before im not sure I barely touched mine) was that it was pretty much the same games, maybe with some FPS changes but mostly the same nonetheless. Bloodstained seems to harken back to the times where you have the "real" game and then you have the "portable" version >_>

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodstained port takes me back to the times I hated portables because you didnt get versions of games on the portable, you got the PORTABLE version of the game (does that make sense?) and what finally changed with the switch (and maybe the vita before im not sure I barely touched mine) was that it was pretty much the same games, maybe with some FPS changes but mostly the same nonetheless. Bloodstained seems to harken back to the times where you have the "real" game and then you have the "portable" version >_>
And the home console ports were themselves the "home" versions and relatively gimped compared to their arcade counterparts.

But I tell you, Game Boy was rough livin most of the time.

Edit: remember the Wii Versions, though? Switch is doin okay...

Yo the switch needs to get their pricing under control. $29 for Terraria? COME ON!!
The pricing is set by the publisher.

Switch Tax is just this thing you gotta deal with.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
And the home console ports were themselves the "home" versions and relatively gimped compared to their arcade counterparts.

But I tell you, Game Boy was rough livin most of the time.

Edit: remember the Wii Versions, though? Switch is doin okay...

dude I literally just said the switch is fine usually, its why I finally love a portable lol. This is very specific to Bloodstained.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Since I barely play undocked, I looked for ones with cables and now I found these 2 controllers:

And this one, made by Hori
142739.png

Anyone who has both/at least one of them can tell me if they're good?
I have the Hori pad. It's not bad at all. Certainly a massive improvement over the joycons at least (IMO).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
If the hori split pro doesnt come out in Europe im going to be super salty. I need that monstrosity bad.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 01 - Redneck Skeet Shooting - Ultimate Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 312 MB
    --
  • 02 - Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator - Game Grumps - $14.99/€14.99 - 2.7 GB
  • 02 - Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered - Kaiko/THQ Nordic - $29.99/€29.99 - 13.8 GB
    --
  • 03 - Lucah: Born of a Dream - Syndicate Atomic - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.1 GB
  • 03 - Ovivo - Sometimes You - $6.99/€6.99 (Preorder sale: $6.29/€6.29) - 351 MB
  • 03 - Bus Fix 2019 - Ultimate Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 248 MB
    --
  • 04 - Clannad - Prototype - $44.99/€44.99 - 5.3 GB
  • 04 - Stranger Things 3: The Game - BonusXP/Netflix - $19.99
  • 04 - What Remains of Edith Finch - Annapurna Interactive - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.2 GB
  • 04 - Ankh Guardian: Treasure of the Demon's Temple - TomCreate - $7.99/€6.59 - 414 MB
  • 04 - Asdivine Dios - Kemco - $12.99/€12.99 (Preorder sale: $11.69/€11.69) - 144 MB
  • 04 - Pure Mahjong - the binary family - $9.99/€9.99 - 249 MB
    --
  • 05 - Siralim 3 - Studio Aurum - $14.99/€14.99 - 236 MB
  • 05 - Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle - Koei Tecmo - $59.99/€69.99 (If you own A.O.T. 2: $39.99/€49.99) - 17.8 GB

- Japan
  • 04 - Taisen Hot Gimmick: Axes-Jong for Nintendo Switch - Psikyo/City Connection - ¥2,700

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
that Stranger Things game is 20? yikes, yeah it better be decent >_>

Lucah 14.99 might be super tempting tho hmm

wish Red Faction was 19.99 like TLR was :(

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
that Stranger Things game is 20? yikes, yeah it better be decent >_>

Lucah 14.99 might be super tempting tho hmm

wish Red Faction was 19.99 like TLR was :(
Yeah, I'm waiting for reviews on Stranger Things.

I'd say Red Faction is worth the price if you've never played Guerilla before. It's easily my favorite entry in the series.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
for all the shit I give devs/pubs for Switch Tax (tm) or arguably overpriced games, I ive them huge props for one thing on the eshop:

these discounts for owning other games from the same publisher. Just noticed The Messenger is 15% off for me, but I didnt see it on sale, turns out its because I own another game.
Forever Entertainment does it too. Getting Hard West and Phantom Doctrine (19.99ers) at launch for a mere 13 bucks thanks to the default conditional 33% off if you own another game of theirs is wonderful!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
One of the small joys in browsing the eShop is stumbling across a new interesting game that I can't afford in my budget, and then seeing it's published by Forever Entertainment or QubicGames, knowing full well that at some point it'll be 90% off and I'll be able to grab it at the cost of a cheesy bean and rice burrito from Taco Bell.

Both have a random tendency to inflict buyer's remorse on occasion, but more often than not you're left with a good snack that's totally worth the cheap price. ;)

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm interested in Red Faction on switch as a vacation game but i want to see how the performance is. I heard the other VOlition games on Switch (Saint's Row?) aren't great ports and there's a lot of physics in Guerrilla.

I would be triple dipping from 360 and PC. While I have the remastered version available on PC since I had the previous steam version, my current machine isn't really good enough for anything modern.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I'm interested in Red Faction on switch as a vacation game but i want to see how the performance is. I heard the other VOlition games on Switch (Saint's Row?) aren't great ports and there's a lot of physics in Guerrilla.

I would be triple dipping from 360 and PC. While I have the remastered version available on PC since I had the previous steam version, my current machine isn't really good enough for anything modern.
you did see the video I posted yesterday right here, right? an hour's worth of footage of it running perfectly in performance mode.

Saints Row was developed by Fishlabs. Red Faction is done by Kaiko, who also ported the Darksiders games and de Blob to Switch. Their work is generally better (as they've specialized in ports of the THQ back catalogue to all platforms for the last 4 years).

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
New EU (at least) sales, as usually they start popping up before officially announced

Guacamelee 1 and 2 are 40% off
Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack is 25% off
Severed is on sale also but I cant see how much because I own (which is dumb)

That is all the noteworthy ones I've seen so far.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
It was just announced a new Miku Project diva game for the switch for 2020.
Switch is also turning into a super machine for rhythm games. *_*

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
It was just announced a new Miku Project diva game for the switch for 2020.
Switch is also turning into a super machine for rhythm games. *_*

BASED SEGA

I'VE BEEN WAITING OVER TWO YEARS FOR THIS

After PS4 got the absolutely sublime Project DIVA Future Tone, the only two logical options for the next Miku were either a new smartphone game or a new Switch game. I'm glad they chose the latter first, and I'm quite frankly surprised it's not another Project Mirai following the 3DS entries.

ONE HUNDRED AND ONE SONGS AAAHHHHH RIGHT INTO MY VEINS I NEED IT NOWWWW

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

NateDrake How come you didn't also compare it with PS4 or Xbox version?

Don't have them. My local GameStop didn't have any used copies, strangely enough.

I was going to put in handheld mode in that video but it became a hassle and way too many clips to keep things clean. I have undocked direct-feed capture going up shortly. Will show both performance and quality mode.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass is really cool, so I don't want this post to come across as negative towards it.

...but I wonder if this service is going to contribute to the further devaluation of indies/smaller games that PS+, Games With Gold, and Humble Bundle have already inadvertently done. These services seem to help a handful of developers, but devalue the work of others. These services seem great for consumers in the near term, but I wonder about the long term implications.

Maybe I'm alone in feeling this way though. Obviously as a player, these services are great for the time being.
I absolutely love Game Pass as a consumer, but you're absolutely right. Long-term it'll definitely cause problems. Racing to the bottom is never good and it's the reason the mobile market is the way it is.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, nothing in the OP interests me at all, except Blazing Chrome Contra game or whatever its called. But I'll probably buy that on Steam.

Which is great. I need to have a cheap month.

Can't decide if I should use a voucher this month on Marvel or Fire Emblem. Probably FE because that is probably going to be a game that I stay hooked on to for months, and Marvel looks like mindless fun that I can probably buy later on this Winter when its on sale near Black Friday. Or wait out even longer for discounts.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So Police Stories has been on the Eshop in the Coming Soon section for a good while. Trailer popped up and I think it looks interesting. Top-down like Hotline Miami, but it's a police game.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Damn, I hope all's well with Epilexia.

A month and a half since his last post here and his Steam account hasn't been online in almost three months.

These threads aren't the same without him. :/
Same, I actually checked his account on here earlier today to see if he'd been around at all...really appreciated his contributions and thoughtful posts in here and I hope he's doing alright.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you but this doesn't exactly seem like the right place for this post.

Considering we are all on a gaming enthusiast forum, I imagine most everyone is this thread is already aware of Gamepass and has some idea of what value the service has for their own individual taste.

I found the post useful and it informed me of something I didn't know about, thanks Nabbit.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here getting God Eater? I liked the demo, so might well pick it up. Wondering if there'll be a new OT for the Switch version?