• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the link for that video but didn't watch in case it spoiled anything from the show as well

Awesome, thanks!

Definitely don't play unless you've seen the season or corresponding episode. It goes by chapter/episode so once you watch an episode, you can play the chapter.
Pretty fun so far, the switch version does have a few hitching problems (in handheld mode at least) but nothing too bad.

You can explore the town pretty freely and pick up different quests around town in addition to the main story. Plays like a classic beatem up with adventure elements. Really digging it so far.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Lucah: Born of a Dream, pretty awesome hack and slash RPG, didn't expect as much depth as that game has with all of the different attack styles and assists. The game seems made for multiple playthroughs, which is nice because I didn't really explore a lot and had a lot of stuff left to find.

A really really cool game that doesn't overstay it's welcome. I never used them but the game has a lot of built in mods (infinite health, infinite stamina, weak enemies) that you can turn on at any time if you get stuck, which is great. I know a lot of folks tend to pass on games like these because of the difficulty

There is a lot more story stuff in your second run, and the game has a DMC style ranking system for encounters too. Which is pretty cool.

Last edited:

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Lucah: Born of a Dream, pretty awesome hack and slash RPG, didn't expect as much depth as that game has with all of the different attack styles and assists. The game seems made for multiple playthroughs, which is nice because I didn't really explore a lot and had a lot of stuff left to find.

A really really cool game that doesn't overstay it's welcome. I never used them but the game has a lot of built in mods (infinite health, infinite stamina, weak enemies) that you can turn on at any time if you get stuck, which is great. I know a lot of folks tend to pass on games like these because of the difficulty

There is a lot more story stuff in your second run, and the game has a DMC style ranking system for encounters too. Which is pretty cool.
About how long did it take you? I bought it yesterday to support the devs and because I'm sure I'll love it, but I have my hands full at the time.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any good 3rd or 1st person shooters on Switch? I want to play something with a campaign, not a battle royale or squad based shooter. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any game.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely don't play unless you've seen the season or corresponding episode. It goes by chapter/episode so once you watch an episode, you can play the chapter.
Pretty fun so far, the switch version does have a few hitching problems (in handheld mode at least) but nothing too bad.

You can explore the town pretty freely and pick up different quests around town in addition to the main story. Plays like a classic beatem up with adventure elements. Really digging it so far.

Oh nice, that sounds promising

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
double post worth it for Red Faction DF analisys

Overall they are very mixed on it, ironically the best way to play it (for them) is how I would play it (since the Switch is 100% a portable for me), Portable mode in Quality mode (which locks the frame rate to 30, Performance mode has unlocked FPS up to 60 but its super inconsistant and kills the res), docked is rough apparently, cant even hold 30 fps.

Honestly given the performances on other consoles, even the enhanced ones, I would argue that the Switch port is very close. I was disappointed to see that performance mode wasn't a locked 60fps, but it ain't on XboX 1X either.

On a different note, I started and finished Kamiko yesterday. Yes, the game very beautiful, but I found the gamplay really bland honestly. The lack of diagonal, the enemies popping right on your face, and other things really disappointed me. I bought on sale at 2 or 3 euros, and really it wasn't worth much more.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly given the performances on other consoles, even the enhanced ones, I would argue that the Switch port is very close. I was disappointed to see that performance mode wasn't a locked 60fps, but it ain't on XboX 1X either.

On a different note, I started and finished Kamiko yesterday. Yes, the game very beautiful, but I found the gamplay really bland honestly. The lack of diagonal, the enemies popping right on your face, and other things really disappointed me. I bought on sale at 2 or 3 euros, and really it wasn't worth much more.
I couldn't get into Kamiko either to be honest. Not sure why, I loved the aesthetic but the gameplay just did nothing for me. Guess I was hoping for either a more linear action game, or a full on Zelda game, but not something in between.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm has an annoying bug where the clock continues counting even when you put the Switch in sleep mode. At least the first game does.

It's not a big deal, but it is slightly annoying.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
speaking of first person shooters, Ziggurat just shadow dropped apparently (I say shadow dropped because it wasnt in the comming soon before), it was really good on PC.

and speaking of new releases, might pick up this Paradox Soul, I like the trailer and am a sucker for metroidvanias.

Esit: or not, apparently its quite short and not very good according to steam reviews.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Lost Ember looks great for this month, but I'm really afraid that it's going to be one of these dreamy walking simulator that try to teach me an important life lesson when all I want is to play a game.

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
speaking of first person shooters, Ziggurat just shadow dropped apparently (I say shadow dropped because it wasnt in the comming soon before), it was really good on PC.

and speaking of new releases, might pick up this Paradox Soul, I like the trailer and am a sucker for metroidvanias.

Esit: or not, apparently its quite short and not very good according to steam reviews.

I really enjoyed Ziggurat on the PS4. Really good rogue-lite FPS. Could you link me to the store page? I can't find it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
naruto ultimate ninja storm games are 50% off. anyone got any thoughts?

It's a great price for three games, but I'm kind of running out of space (and if you buy the bundle you have to install all three at once), plus I highly highly doubt I'll even play all three. So Ninja Storm 2 seems like the one to get?

Week July 04th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• Stranger Things 3: The Game - BonusXP/Netflix - $19.99/€17.99 - 1.4 GB
  • Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator - Game Grumps - $14.99/€14.99 - 2.7 GB
  • What Remains of Edith Finch - Annapurna Interactive - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.2 GB
  • Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered - Kaiko/THQ Nordic - $29.99/€29.99 - 13.8 GB
  • Ovivo - Sometimes You - $6.99/€6.99 (Preorder sale: $6.29/€6.29) - 351 MB
    strangerthings3thegampvk0t.jpg
    dreamdaddyadaddatingshqktf.jpg
    whatremainsofedithfin0wjea.jpg
    redfactionguerrillare8ajxd.jpg
    ovivomvjga.jpg
  • Lucah: Born of a Dream - Syndicate Atomic - $14.99 - 1.1 GB *NA*
  • Ziggurat - Milkstone Studios - $14.99/€14.99 - 585 MB
  • Clannad - Prototype - $44.99/€44.99 - 5.3 GB
  • Ankh Guardian: Treasure of the Demon's Temple - TomCreate - $7.99/€6.59 - 414 MB
  • Asdivine Dios - Kemco - $12.99/€12.99 (Preorder sale: $11.69/€11.69) - 144 MB
    lucahbornofadreamcqj4g.jpg
    zigguratxxkf1.jpg
    clannadrrj3m.jpg
    ankhguardian-treasuren6kzk.jpg
    asdivinediospykrr.jpg
  • Ninja Spirit - Irem/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Paradox Soul - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99/€3.99) - 57 MB
  • Pure Mahjong - the binary family - $9.99/€9.99 - 249 MB
  • Siralim 3 - Studio Aurum - $14.99/€14.99 - 236 MB
  • Hero Express - Fantastico Studio - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99/€3.99) - 379 MB
    arcadearchivesninjaspztj2e.jpg
    paradoxsoulh8km1.jpg
    puremahjongo3kxn.jpg
    siralim3zgkza.jpg
    heroexpressdtkdm.jpg
  • Laser Kitty Pow Pow - QubicGames - $2.99/€2.99 (Sale if you own one QubicGames game: $1.49/€1.49) - 477 MB
  • Bus Fix 2019 - Ultimate Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 248 MB
  • Bubble Cats Rescue - Cool Small Games - $3.99/€3.99 (Launch sale: $2.99/€2.99) - 96 MB
  • Redneck Skeet Shooting - Ultimate Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 312 MB
  • World Of Riders - Kodobur Yazilim - $8.99/€7.99 - 490 MB
    laserkittypowpown2j2j.jpg
    busfix2019r7jos.jpg
    bubblecatsrescueozj02.jpg
    redneckskeetshooting3lj4d.jpg
    worldofridersinjf1.jpg

Nintendo Switch - DLCs

• Attack on Titan 2 - Koei Tecmo
    05 - Final Battle - $39.99/€49.99

- Demos

• Desktop Baseball - SAT-BOX
  • OVIVO - Sometimes You
  • The Charming Empire - D3 Publisher
  • Bleep Bloop - Zerouno Games
  • 'n Verlore Verstand - Skobbejak Games
  • Voxel Sword - SAT-BOX

- Japan
  • Taisen Hot Gimmick: Axes-Jong for Nintendo Switch - Psikyo/City Connection - ¥2,700
  • 3-Biki no Kobuta to Ookami - Making - ¥3,300
    taisenhotgimmickaxes-6kjk1.jpg
    3-bikinokobutatoookam2vk5s.jpg

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does CupHead on switch have any additional content? Or was the xbox version updated to match switch?
Xbox and Steam were updated with the new Switch content yeah. New secret boss phases, Mugman on single player, multiple languages, etc.

Last edited:

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, that sounds promising

More impressions of Stranger Things.

Really liking this game. Start with a little bad, framerate can get a bit iffy at times, but so far hasn't caused any issues gameplay wise.
Played coop with my wife for about an hour and a half and noticed especially hectic areas can cause

Exploring Hawkins is a blast. With each chapter (episode) there are story quests around town to do and sidequests (not sure if these are chapter specific). These range from picking up gnomes all over Hawkins to helping someone escape a locked bathroom.

Each character has special abilities they can use to unlock different areas around town. You unlock characters as you go through the story so more of the town will open up.

So far if you're a fan of Stranger Things, you'll probably get some enjoyment.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Xbox and Steam were updated with the new content yeah. New secret boss phases, Mugman on single player, multiple languages, etc.
Thanks
So besides portable there is no difference. How is loading compare to base xbox one? On youtube I only found comparison with xbox one x
At launch I thought the xbox loading times were atrocious especially when retrying a boss fight

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
More impressions of Stranger Things.

Really liking this game. Start with a little bad, framerate can get a bit iffy at times, but so far hasn't caused any issues gameplay wise.
Played coop with my wife for about an hour and a half and noticed especially hectic areas can cause

Exploring Hawkins is a blast. With each chapter (episode) there are story quests around town to do and sidequests (not sure if these are chapter specific). These range from picking up gnomes all over Hawkins to helping someone escape a locked bathroom.

Each character has special abilities they can use to unlock different areas around town. You unlock characters as you go through the story so more of the town will open up.

So far if you're a fan of Stranger Things, you'll probably get some enjoyment.

Sounds good man, thanks for the indepth write up!

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks
So besides portable there is no difference. How is loading compare to base xbox one? On youtube I only found comparison with xbox one x
At launch I thought the xbox loading times were atrocious especially when retrying a boss fight
Loading times were improved for all platforms and I believe Switch has the longest, but they're a far cry from the horrible ones other versions had before the new updates; they're very short. I think Digital Foundry has comparisons in their video on the Switch version.

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Bah, Rolling Gunner is no longer available on my Eshop (UK) And, I notice another Arcade Archives title (Image Fight). Star Force has been unvailable for ages :(

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Best-selling titles of June in NA

01 (01) - Fortnite
02 (RE) - NBA 2K19
03 (NE) - Cadence of Hyrule
04 (02) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
05 (NE) - Super Mario Maker 2
06 (21) - Hollow Knight
07 (RE) - Crypt of the NecroDancer
08 (04) - Cuphead
09 (03) - Minecraft
10 (05) - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
11 (08) - Stardew Valley
12 (06) - Rocket League
13 (16) - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
14 (RE) - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
15 (NE) - My Friend Pedro
16 (17) - Overcooked! 2
17 (18) - Final Fantasy VII
18 (RE) - Super Mario Odyssey
19 (NE) - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
20 (NE) - Super Mario Maker 2 + NSO Bundle
21 (NE) - Slay the Spire
22 (NE) - Collection of Mana
23 (RE) - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
24 (NE) - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
25 (RE) - Little Nightmares Complete Edition
26 (NE) - Contra Anniversary Collection
27 (RE) - Unravel Two
28 (20) - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
29 (RE) - Timberman VS
30 (12) - Katana ZERO

And Japan
Nintendo eShop Sales: June 2019

01./08. – Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo) [28.6.2019]
02./New. – Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the Necrodancer feat. The Legend of Zelda (Spike-Chunsoft) [14.6.2019]
03./New. – Yo-kai Watch 4 (Level-5) [20.6.2019] (launch offer)

04./02. – Human: Fall Flat (Teyon Japan) [28.12.2017]
05./03. – Futari de! Nyanko Dai Sensou (Ponos) [20.12.2018]
06./06. – Cuphead (Studio MDHR) [18.4.2019]
07./New. – Doraemon Story of Seasons (Bandai-Namco) [13.6.2019]
08./New. – Timberman VS. Edition (Forever Entertainment) [01.11.2018] (was on sale)
09./New. – Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu (Konami) [27.6.2019]

10./11. – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
11./07. – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo) [07.12.2019]
12./20. – Overcooked! 2 (Team17) [07.8.2018]
13./01. – Minecraft (Microsoft Japan) [21.6.2018]
14./12. – Undertale (8-4) [15.9.2018]
15./New. – Slay the Spire (Humble Bundle) [06.6.2019]
16./00. – Final Fantasy VII (Square-Enix) [26.3.2019]
17./04. – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) [28.4.2017]
18./13. – Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) [21.7.2017]
19./New. – Muse Dash (X.D. Network) [20.6.2019]
20./17. – Stardew Valley (Chucklefish) [11.1.2018]

I'm going to include Europe to make a threadmark

Best-selling titles of June in Europe

01 (NE) - Cadence of Hyrule
02 (10) - Super Mario Maker 2
03 (RE) - Crypt of the NecroDancer
04 (RE) - Hollow Knight
05 (02) - Cuphead
06 (NE) - My Friend Pedro
07 (RE) - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
08 (01) - Minecraft
09 (NE) - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
10 (RE) - Final Fantasy VII
11 (RE) - Rocket League
12 (NE) - Slay the Spire
13 (09) - Stardew Valley
14 (NE) - Collection of Mana
15 (RE) - Enter the Gungeon

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Loading times were improved for all platforms and I believe Switch has the longest, but they're a far cry from the horrible ones other versions had before the new updates; they're very short. I think Digital Foundry has comparisons in their video on the Switch version.
Thanks.
Yeah found a switch footage and retrying bosses is instant. Nice!

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
I'm looking for a third person shooter and am tossing up between Red Faction Guerilla or waiting for Resident Evil 5 (I haven't played either). Resident Evil 4 is in my all time top 5. Which would people recommend?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Just a reminder that the 90% discount on Space War Arena ends in a few hours in the US eShop. Heckuva deal for a quality game!

Very good. Man, I love Shantae. This reminds me I still haven't beaten HGH, I'll get back to it tonight!

Dude, why are you playing the weaksauce Half-Genie Hero, when you could be playing the vastly superior Pirate's Curse? /s

(Okay, I'll stop now.)