• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best way to get Lucah: Born of a Dream being in Europe? The game won't be released here anytime soon…

I don't want to create a new account, and my CC (or PayPal) doesn't work if I just change my region to the USA and buying a gift card will get me stuck in the USA eShop.

So I guess the easier way would be buying a download code for the game? Is there a place where I can buy it?

Oct 29, 2017
What's the best way to get Lucah: Born of a Dream being in Europe? The game won't be released here anytime soon…

I don't want to create a new account, and my CC (or PayPal) doesn't work if I just change my region to the USA and buying a gift card will get me stuck in the USA eShop.

So I guess the easier way would be buying a download code for the game? Is there a place where I can buy it?

Even if you buy a digital code from somewhere, it'll only redeem on a US account.

It's honestly easier to create a US account, buy a gift card and you're done. You also have the option then of buying from US eShop sales too.

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
Even if you buy a digital code from somewhere, it'll only redeem on a US account.

Yes, I know that, but you don't have to create a USA account. It works just changing my account's country to the USA, redeeming the code and reverting it back to my country with no problem. I've done that before.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Slay the Spire a few days ago and it's taken over my life, please send help.

Also the metal knight boss (act 2 I think) kicked my ass, how in the world are you supposed to beat him? I was comfortable up until I face him, think I've had him every time I reached 2nd boss (which hasn't been often).

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Just three more days for Streets of Rogue to release...super psyched!

I'm with you.

Was a teeny bit disappointed at the lack of a pre-order discount given the delay (it was due late 2018), but screw it, I'll support Matt for what looks to be like one of the most inventive roguelikes I've seen in a while - not played the PC version due to waiting on this one since last year.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Slay the Spire a few days ago and it's taken over my life, please send help.

Also the metal knight boss (act 2 I think) kicked my ass, how in the world are you supposed to beat him? I was comfortable up until I face him, think I've had him every time I reached 2nd boss (which hasn't been often).

I only got to him with the second character who uses a lot of indirect/poison damage and honestly I feel like I totally lucked out on him.

Having a good mix of block cards that do additional things helps but also your relics will make a huge difference. I was drawing like ten cards a round with the relics I had so I was always able to see my best cards almost every turn.

I focused on breaking, weakening and killing strength on that guy as well as piling up poison damage.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only got to him with the second character who uses a lot of indirect/poison damage and honestly I feel like I totally lucked out on him.

Having a good mix of block cards that do additional things helps but also your relics will make a huge difference. I was drawing like ten cards a round with the relics I had so I was always able to see my best cards almost every turn.

I focused on breaking, weakening and killing strength on that guy as well as piling up poison damage.

Interesting thanks, yeah those hand boosting relics are nice.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Where do y'all buy your used Switch games? I know ebay, gamestop, Amazon, other retailers, but Im running out of places to search for some good prices.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
well no but you could buy eShop funds.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Just as a heads up, it looks like Best Buy price matches eShop prices for digital games. I've done it twice now, for DragonBall Xenoverse 2 and for Naruto Shippuden Trilogy. Gets you a some extra gold coins for not a lot of effort. You gotta go through the website's live chat. I tried over the phone once and the guy couldn't find an option to price match digital SKUs.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Just as a heads up, it looks like Best Buy price matches eShop prices for digital games. I've done it twice now, for DragonBall Xenoverse 2 and for Naruto Shippuden Trilogy. Gets you a some extra gold coins for not a lot of effort. You gotta go through the website's live chat. I tried over the phone once and the guy couldn't find an option to price match digital SKUs.
Nice. How do you prove the eshop has a cheaper price though?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I blame these threads for this realization:

90+ games!

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Nope, that's the problem. If I do that there will be funds left and that will lock me at the USA…
Get a $20 card digitally, spend the 14.99 on Lucah, spend the rest on a $5+ game that's on sale or just that cheap using the gold coins you got from buying Lucah. For example, Akane, a cool game, is $5.10 and the gold coins would take care of that comfortably.

browse for the US prices in this convenient list.

Jan 6, 2019
I picked up my copy of Umihara from ebgames this morning. It won't let me redeem it for gold coins though. Physical copy has a full colour instruction book and a full world map on the inside cover.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
I really want the Mana Collection game but I think £34.99 is a little too steep. There's also the Sword Art game but even that's around the same price and considering you can get it on PSN for like 6 quid I'm very reluctant.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017

Champ is imo easily the worst Act 2 boss. Couple of things I learned the hard way: don't take a card if it doesn't fit your deck, get rid of strikes, try to hit as many rest sites as possible to smith, always have a winning condition by the end of Act 2. With champ he is pretty straight forward, hits hard and takes a beating, so you need to dish out harder :-).

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mutant Year Zero is up for pre-purchase and I'm seriously toying with dropping the $45 to have it on the go

just looking to scratch that X-COM itch since for some reason 2K is leaving money on the table by not porting that to the Switch

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You're not worthy of these threads if you played those games though
Great collection
:D
I have had to super scale back because of this thread and some of the enthusiastic posters here. Great collection of games, glad to hear you are playing them as well!

Thanks, yeah I've tried, but mostly failed, to scale back on accumulating a backlog.

Have bought a few monthly thread-hyped clunkers but mostly sound stuff I think so the ratio is still solid and I do get quite a decent amount of game time in between work, commutes and couch potatoing.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone excited for Skulls of the Shogun? I liked what i saw years ago but never got around to it and the pre-order discount is super tempting

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
anyone play snow battle princess sayuki? its on sale right now so thinking about picking it up

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Mutant Year Zero is up for pre-purchase and I'm seriously toying with dropping the $45 to have it on the go

just looking to scratch that X-COM itch since for some reason 2K is leaving money on the table by not porting that to the Switch
You're aware that Hard West and Phantom Doctrine are out on Switch and you could get both for less (esp considering the 33% Forever Ent conditional discount if you own one of their games already)? Both should not be missed either (sidenotw: PD got mixed reception on PC initially but got lots of post-launch updates to address the feedback, some oe which is already in the Switch version, the rest of which has been confirmed to be in the pipeline for future Switch patches from Forever Entertainment).

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed Space War Arena when it was on sale, and the game is pretty neat. I wish the game would let me use the d-pad, and the random shuffling between the 8 ships you pick takes some getting used to (I'd like to double up or otherwise increase the use of certain ships over others:). Still, I've already put more time into the game than I thought I ever would. There certainly seems to be a ton of different ships and items to mix up the game.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Anybody has some impressions on The Next Peneloppe. Looks like a mix of top down racer and shmup but not sure it plays well.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously why isn't Umihara Kawase Fresh on the eShop today? It's out in stores, but I want it digitally.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
There's a Steamworld rpg? Have I been living under a rock? I love every single game of those guys. So buying it after finishing with Heist