• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently A Robot Named Fight will receive a big update and be on sale for US$ 1.99:

I've been curious about it, I think I'll grab it.
of course this is on such a deep sale the day I said I'd kill for Super Metroid/Metroid Fusion to be released on the Switch.

Ah well, let's see if this game scratches that itch.
how's the phoenix wright trilogy? tempting at 30% off, never played those games before
It's my favorite trilogy in all of gaming. If you like VN/adventure games, these can't be missed.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
of course this is on such a deep sale the day I said I'd kill for Super Metroid/Metroid Fusion to be released on the Switch.

Ah well, let's see if this game scratches that itch.
You know it's a roguelite, right? The runs are built like a Metroidvania game but it's still first and foremost one of those.

So, Splatoon 2 is 35% off. Is the online community expected to stay healthy after t' given that there won't be more Splatfests?
It's Splatoon. That goes without saying.

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up South Park But Whole, The Flame in the Flood, RE4, Monopoly, Alex Kidd and Rayman Legends.
Thinking about getting Baba and Unruly Heroes too.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
TheMoon Yeah, I know. I've been eying that game for a while now but always skipped it due to my backlog. It fundamentally being free (with my coins) trumps my backlog concerns.

Thanks for the heads-up, though.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I played through it a while back and wasn't very impressed. Thought it was overhyped. It really doesn't look great in either handheld or docked modes, which I think takes away its most redeeming quality on other platforms. To me, it's the definition of mediocre.

I think I'll avoid it then 😆 thanks for getting back to me about it.

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, I always knew Namco loved Europe!

Shame DBZ Fighterz Season 2 pass isn't on sale, but at least the DBZ card game and Katamari are on sale though. <3

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
That's a helluva sale! Baba is You is tempting at that price, but trying to stop myself pulling the trigger on the Castlevania Collection and also picking up Resident Evil 4 for what has to be the eleventy-billionth time across god knows how many platforms now >_<

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Lets see if Baba is You is as good as everyone days then.

Edit: WOW holy shit, even just the first few levels :o

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is it brutal in terms of difficulty? I like the look of it, but if its gonna be a nightmare I'm out.

I didn't finish it, I don't think I will. I would still recommend it at full price just for the first section of the game alone. I still like showing the early puzzles off to folks

So, Splatoon 2 is 35% off. Is the online community expected to stay healthy after t' given that there won't be more Splatfests?

Absolutely. The Splatfests don't even deal with the ranked modes, where a lot of people spend their time

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the Switch version of Blazing Chrome has framerate issues and missing effects.

Not gonna' lie, I'm getting sick of this shit. Doubly so in this case, due to JoyMasher's previous two Switch ports having tons of issues at launch.

I really can't get excited for indies on Switch anymore pre-release. It's frustrating.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Man, A Robot Named Fight doesn't have a 'plant your feet and shoot' aka shoot in all 8 directions without moving button. Not a big deal, but I've really come to love that mechanic from Samus Returns and was hoping this game would've shamelessly lifted it as well.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently the Switch version of Blazing Chrome has framerate issues and missing effects.

Not gonna' lie, I'm getting sick of this shit. Doubly so in this case, due to JoyMasher's previous two Switch ports having tons of issues at launch.

I really can't get excited for indies on Switch anymore pre-release. It's frustrating.

not to be a dick, but reminder that for folks with xbox/pc, the game is on gamepass. so if thats an option for folk, and with the huge sale, maybe spend dem moneys on something else and play blazing "free" somewhere else.

Man, A Robot Named Fight doesn't have a 'plant your feet and shoot' aka shoot in all 8 directions without moving button. Not a big deal, but I've really come to love that mechanic from Samus Returns and was hoping this game would've shamelessly lifted it as well.

you can plant and shoot up or down with the L buttons

I didn't finish it, I don't think I will. I would still recommend it at full price just for the first section of the game alone. I still like showing the early puzzles off to folks

why not look up the solution for whatever puzzle you are stuck in?

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not to be a dick, but reminder that for folks with xbox/pc, the game is on gamepass. so if thats an option for folk, and with the huge sale, maybe spend dem moneys on something else and play blazing "free" somewhere else.

I have an XB1, so I may just grab it there. I really like playing indies on Switch though, so Imma' little pissed. Whatever though, I'm used to it at this point.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone played Mark of the ninja on switch, as well as ps4 or Xbox one? I want to pick it up and would probably prefer to play it on switch but concerned that the 30fps would hamper the experience.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've sung it praises before but yes, A Robot Named Fight is excellent and ab absolute steal for that price. All its pieces are so cleverly designed it takes a while to start noticing its roguelite nature.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
No. Maybe it doesnt plant and just aims then? Havent played it in awhile.
It's like how it is in Super Metroid where it just aims diagonally up and down.
Anyone in on Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble?
tried the demo and it was... enjoyable?

I didn't like the first game (I honestly don't remember all the reasons why, but I do remember it felt unfinished and unpolished) but the demo was honestly kind of enjoyable, which is odd because since playing Into the Breach, I thought I was over the Advance Wars style of tactics.

Don't think I'll pick it up anytime soon though.

Last edited:

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silent is the easiest for me to constantly win with. You need to finish Act 3 with all characters to progress further, but I would go with Defect bc he can combo a bit like Silent too. Ironclad plays differently (and I have yet to properly beat the game with him).

Yeah really feeling Defect too, I actually started off with him. He'll definitely be my second win (eventually)

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
steins gate is indeed 50% off in the Na Eshop. had to pick it up
steamworld dig is also 70% off thats crazy, its an amazing game

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
I just bought Tales Of Vesperia Definitive Edition and will play it for the first time. Pretty excited as an old school rpg fan.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
A SUMMER SALE!? THAT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING!
Checks wishlist
HELL YEAH. STARDEW VALLEY IS NOT ON SALE ONCE AGAIN. HOORAY!
Ok, but seriously, what's up with that!? The Android version came out like 3 months ago, and it recently had a freakin' 33% off.
According to psprices, it has never been on sale at all.
Anyway, between the upcoming Tetris 99 tournament, and the fact that they could add new stuff during these days, I'm gonna wait.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Checks wishlist
Ok, but seriously, what's up with that!? The Android version came out like 3 months ago, and it recently had a freakin' 33% off.
Anyway, between the upcoming Tetris 99 tournament, and the fact that they could add new stuff during these days, I'm gonna wait.
Interestingly, it's on sale in NA.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Played about an hour of A Robot Named Fight and I'm really digging it so far.

It's a rogue with procedurally generated levels but the the levels are so well designed, I wouldn't have known unless I read it elsewhere. Not only that, unlike Dead Cells, Gungeon or all the other rouges out there that get off by being overly difficult, ARNF is not brutally challenging (at least not yet).

It can all go to shit the more I play, but early impressions are really positive. Oh, also its soundtrack is absolutely bumping.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Did Saints Row patches ever make that game work well? I remember hearing it was pretty bad at release

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OK so this might be a dumb question or whatever but seriously... how does one learn how to play PuyoPuyo? I bought PuyoPuyo Champions on the sale and I just sorta jumped into the game Vs the computer and I just lose within like a minute comfortably every time. Like I get the basics, you want to build up a tower that can get you a big combo when they all fall down but I just can't see how I can learn how to do so in this game- I don't see any difficulty settings or tutorials at all. Does it just 'click' eventually or are there guides to learn this game so I can at least not finish last please.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OK so this might be a dumb question or whatever but seriously... how does one learn how to play PuyoPuyo? I bought PuyoPuyo Champions on the sale and I just sorta jumped into the game Vs the computer and I just lose within like a minute comfortably every time. Like I get the basics, you want to build up a tower that can get you a big combo when they all fall down but I just can't see how I can learn how to do so in this game- I don't see any difficulty settings or tutorials at all. Does it just 'click' eventually or are there guides to learn this game so I can at least not finish last please.

Sega posted a couple tutorial videos on their site, the Japanese version got a pretty extensive lesson mode recently so I hope we get that down the line

The PuyoNexus tutorial is also a really great resource, it's daunting but very rewarding if you get the hang of it

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sega posted a couple tutorial videos on their site, the Japanese version got a pretty extensive lesson mode recently so I hope we get that down the line

Tyvm. Feel better already after watching them- just kinda surprised is all that this kinda stuff isn't in the game but hopefully I won't be struggling for too much longer lol.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tyvm. Feel better already after watching them- just kinda surprised is all that this kinda stuff isn't in the game but hopefully I won't be struggling for too much longer lol.

No problem! If you check their page they made a ton of them covering pretty much every aspect of competitive PuyoPuyo.

The Puyo Puyo Lesson Plan is an amazing resource to use as well. Links to a bunch of article and videos and tells you what you should be able to do before moving on. The Puyo community is amazing when it comes to training new players.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list anywhere of what's on sale?

If you're looking for NA sales, I haven't seen an easy-to-read list just yet but Captain of Outer Space always posts a thread here. The http://nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals page has a full list with images. The EU summer sale is posted on the previous page.

Edit: here's Captain of Outer Space's thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/na-eshop-deals-7-11-baba-is-you-fast-rmx-the-messenger-pw-trilogy-hd-pj-monsters-2-steamworld-dig-2-super-meat-boy-yokus-island-express.128551/

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Checks wishlist

Same for Cosmic Star Heroine. Some pubs just hate us EU folk I guess.

this looks cool

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Greetings my fellow Era posters. I am here to spread the gospel of a fantastic new game I discovered while browsing the discount section on the Japanese eShop: Hopping Girl Kohane Jumping Kingdom.

8SDA3QI.jpg

In this game you play as a warrior named Kohane whose weapon of choice is the mighty and noble spring staff, better known to the layman as a "pogo stick". Using this staff, she must propel herself across numerous lands in order to reach a battle flag at the end of each area, making sure to keep her spirits up by acquiring loot scattered across the ground along the way. As you progress through the game you can obtain new armor for Kohane that increases her stats, not unlike the equipment found in fellow RPGs like Dark Souls.

yo9sskA.jpg

Unfortunately for import gamers, they may be out of luck as Hopping Girl Kohane Jumping Kingdom is a game that demands absolute mastery of the Japanese language. From the gripping story which tells the tale of Kohane's quest to save her friend Bani (that's Bunny in Eigo - Eigo is Japanese for English) from an evil princess, to the deep inner monologues Kohane relays throughout the game such as "hoppu, steppu, jumppu", you will most definitely want to be fluent in Nihongo when playing this thrilling action game.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
fuck me baba is you is hard. but amazing. but hard.

i both feel like the smartest and the dumbest person ever >_<

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Does anyone know if the 8 BIT ADVENTURE GAME is with the eShop version of steins gate, or do I have to find a physical copy for it?