• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to decide on wether I want to pick up mulaka, Solstice chronicles MIA, or Streets of red, Jotun and Steam World dig....

I keep hoping Wizard of Legend or Armello will go on sale because I'm really interested in both of those but not in the budget for now.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to decide on wether I want to pick up mulaka, Solstice chronicles MIA, or Streets of red, Jotun and Steam World dig....

I keep hoping Wizard of Legend or Armello will go on sale because I'm really interested in both of those but not in the budget for now.

I assume you are in NA because Wizard of Legend is on sale in EU.

I too am picking up Mulaka, and I can vouch for Jotun (at least on PC) and Steamworld Dig.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I assume you are in NA because Wizard of Legend is on sale in EU.

I too am picking up Mulaka, and I can vouch for Jotun (at least on PC) and Steamworld Dig.

Yeah, I'm in the US. Wizard of legend just looks really cool to me and I've read good things so I keep hoping it will go on sale here.

Mulaka and Jotun interest me because I really dig ancient mythologies. Mulaka deals with a mythology that I'm less well versed on so I'm drawn to it, doesn't hurt that most of the opinions I've seen of the game have been positive.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Greetings my fellow Era posters. I am here to spread the gospel of a fantastic new game I discovered while browsing the discount section on the Japanese eShop: Hopping Girl Kohane Jumping Kingdom.

8SDA3QI.jpg

In this game you play as a warrior named Kohane whose weapon of choice is the mighty and noble spring staff, better known to the layman as a "pogo stick". Using this staff, she must propel herself across numerous lands in order to reach a battle flag at the end of each area, making sure to keep her spirits up by acquiring loot scattered across the ground along the way. As you progress through the game you can obtain new armor for Kohane that increases her stats, not unlike the equipment found in fellow RPGs like Dark Souls.

yo9sskA.jpg

Unfortunately for import gamers, they may be out of luck as Hopping Girl Kohane Jumping Kingdom is a game that demands absolute mastery of the Japanese language. From the gripping story which tells the tale of Kohane's quest to save her friend Bani (that's Bunny in Eigo - Eigo is Japanese for English) from an evil princess, to the deep inner monologues Kohane relays throughout the game such as "hoppu, steppu, jumppu", you will most definitely want to be fluent in Nihongo when playing this thrilling action game.

Ok, I laughed. That clip is hilarious, Hoppu, Steppu, Jumppu, Dashu!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'm in the US. Wizard of legend just looks really cool to me and I've read good things so I keep hoping it will go on sale here.

Mulaka and Jotun interest me because I really dig ancient mythologies. Mulaka deals with a mythology that I'm less well versed on so I'm drawn to it, doesn't hurt that most of the opinions I've seen of the game have been positive.
I thought it WAS on sale recently? Pretty sure I bought it for sale in NA a month or less ago.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it WAS on sale recently? Pretty sure I bought it for sale in NA a month or less ago.

Figures if it was on sale that I would miss it.

Decided to buy Streets of red, Steamworld dig, and A robot named fight.

Only got to mess with Streets of red so far but it's a pretty neat little beatem up. I like the horror movie inspirations (first boss is the fly) and the characters feel pretty different from each other in terms of play style.

Definitely going to pick up Mulaka and Jotun before this sale ends also.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I see Battleprincess Madelyn is 50% off. It's received somewhat mixed reviews but I really like the look of it. Anyone tried it out and have anything to say?

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
For all these "how is X game these days? It was bad at launch", do devs actually patch / fix most games or not so much? From the comments I've seen it seems more leaning to "not so much" >_>

Ubi has been pretty good at providing fairly quick patches to their games to correct any big issues at release, the initial version of South Park included.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Aw yeah, finally a sale on Fishing Star World Tour. 40%, too! That's nice.

Game seems really good so far. Been wanting a nice fishing game to get my teeth into on Switch, and this is definitely scratching that itch.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
I need details on Lethal League Blaze. How does it run on Switch. Might just get it on PS4 just to be sure.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
For all these "how is X game these days? It was bad at launch", do devs actually patch / fix most games or not so much? From the comments I've seen it seems more leaning to "not so much" >_>
Actually, my personal experience with the games I got (quite a lot of games) and my general impression is the opposite. Most (or at the very least a lot of) devs do patch their games.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Castlevania Collection for me! I should really wait for a further sale but I'm not sure I wanna...

Also, as soon as I buy it I bet they'll announce a physical release (which I'd a million times more rather have) and I'll be really annoyed. >_<

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I see Battleprincess Madelyn is 50% off. It's received somewhat mixed reviews but I really like the look of it. Anyone tried it out and have anything to say?
It's really good at managing to look like Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts without actually playing anything like it on a fundamental level. The game was a disappointment to me as a big Ghosts 'n Goblins fan, but I don't actually hate it. It's mediocre but playable and kinda charming in its own misplaced optimism in itself.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
It's really good at managing to look like Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts without actually playing anything like it on a fundamental level. The game was a disappointment to me as a big Ghosts 'n Goblins fan, but I don't actually hate it. It's mediocre but playable and kinda charming in its own misplaced optimism in itself.

I dont really love GnG games.. so maybe it's better for me then :P

I will give it a go, thanks for the short review

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017

You must not have been hoping long because both WOL and Armello have been on sale in the last couple months.

You have them wishlisted and are allowing Nintendo to email you?

Both are good games that run well on Switch.

As for the rest of your list I have only played Jotun and Steamworld and Steamworld is one of the few series of games I would always recommend

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't want to make a LTTP, but Hyper Light Drifter is a wayyy better game than I expected, and I had some expectations.

Top 5 indie games on the switch, easy.

Shayla

Oct 27, 2017
The bundle that includes DLC for Pixel Junk Monsters 2 is cheaper in the sale than just the game.

Someone screwed up LMAO. (also bought!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Don't want to make a LTTP, but Hyper Light Drifter is a wayyy better game than I expected, and I had some expectations.

Top 5 indie games on the switch, easy.

I liked (and finished) it on PC but have zero intention of double dipping (which im doing a lot lately), im not even sure why. Guess it didnt really resonate with me that much.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Unless your publisher is tinyBuild, games get lots of support and patches to address feedback/issues on Switch. Way more often than not. People just don't keep up and you have to search for news posts about updates.
It looks like another walking simulator giving you life advices and lessons in a dreamy environment with an emotional music. Unless I'm wrong and there are some clever puzzles and/or platforming sections, I guess it won't be for me.
In no way does this look or sound like a walking simulator.

Etherborn is an elegant leap in the gravity-puzzle genre - an environmental puzzle platformer built on exploring and understanding gravity-shifting structures. Traversal is built around your unique sense of gravity that anchors you to any surface you touch. Play as a voiceless being, born into a mysterious world where a bodiless voice calls to you, patiently drawing you to its location. Explore dreamlike, Escheresque levels as you go forth and seek your purpose.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I liked (and finished) it on PC but have zero intention of double dipping (which im doing a lot lately), im not even sure why. Guess it didnt really resonate with me that much.

This game has tons of secrets, weapons, areas... only disappointed that it doesn't have a secret final boss though.

I don't know, it felt like a weird successor to Fez, with it's artstyle and same composer.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I have tried the Lethal League demo and I have been very happy with how it is technically but I am curious if someone has tried the full game in the four player modes how it is maintained, netcode and all that.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lethal League Blaze port is a let down and... honestly kind of weird. The game seems to run at a 720p resolution both when docked and in handheld. The game visually looks better in handheld because of it but the tradeoff is that it dips to a consistent 30 fps in portable when playing a game, and that's even with just one character on screen. I'm kind of reticent to say how much worse it gets when you're more than two players. Docked runs at 60 fps but it seems to be an unlocked framerate, I get quite a few drops when the intensity ramps up. I don't have the full game so I can't actually test how it works with four players. My guess is it's stuck to 30.

With all the drama here about how Blazing Chrome's Switch version operated I felt like I was taking crazy pills because the way people spoke about that version despite how perfectly fine it ran is how Lethal League actually feels like. Not sure I'm really going to get this, it depends on whether the sales on Switch are good enough I suppose since I generally want to play on whatever platform is active, and I'm really not expecting much from Xbox One or PS4 when it comes to indie games these days.

EDIT: Based on the Team Reptile Discord, they're allegedly working on the performance issues so the game's probably going to get a few patches.

Last edited:
Week July 11th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• Eagle Island - Sreenwave Media - $19.99 - 835 MB *NA*
  • Blazing Chrome - The Arcade Crew - $16.99/€16.99 - 88 MB
  • Lethal League Blaze - Team Reptile - $19.99/€19.99 - 631 MB
  • Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble - Unties - $14.99/€13.99 (Launch sale: $12.74/€11.89) - 979 MB
  • Dead in Vinland: True Viking Edition - Plug in Digital - $27.99/€27.99 - 1.5 GB
    eagleislandwtks3.jpg
    blazingchromecgjj0.jpg
    lethalleagueblazemfk0x.jpg
    tinymetalfullmetalrum0lkz5.jpg
    deadinvinlandmkjx6.jpg
  • Streets of Rogue - Matt Dabrowski/tinyBuild - $19.99/€19.99 - 325 MB
  • Professor Lupo and his Horrible Pets - BeautiFun Games - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: €12.74) - 3.2 GB
  • SolSeraph - Ace Team/Sega - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.6 GB
  • Metaloid: Origin - 7 Raven Studios - $9.99/€9.99 - 66 MB
  • Forklift - The Simulation - Polygon Art - €9.99 - 1.2 GB *07/16 on NA*
    streetsofrogueoekw1.jpg
    professorlupoandhishobdj13.jpg
    solseraph96j6y.jpg
    metaloidoriginbkjf8.jpg
    forklift-thesimulatioyzj9r.jpg
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Square Enix/Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 1.4 GB
  • God Eater 3 - Bandai Namco - $59.99/€59.99 - 11.5 GB
  • Senran Kagura Peach Ball - Marvelous - $39.99/€39.99 - 5.2 GB
  • Vektor Wars - Super Icon - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.9 GB
  • Shusse Ozumo - Technos Japan/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
    dragonquestbuilders2xjkgh.jpg
    godeater3kwjfj.jpg
    senrankagurapeachball15kqy.jpg
    vektorwarsarjsc.jpg
    arcadearchivesshusseo8ek7t.jpg
  • Hyperlight Ultimate - CatfishBlues Games - $8.99 - 188 MB *07/18 on EU*
  • Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition - Golem Ent. - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: €9.99) - 1.0 GB
  • Doodle God: Crime City - JoyBits - $6.99/€6.99 - 251 MB
  • Wayout - Nestor Yavorskyy - $2.99/€2.99 - 99 MB
  • Desktop Bowling - Sat-Box - $7.39/€6.55 - 741 MB
    hyperlightultimateklk6m.jpg
    skullsoftheshogunbonerekv7.jpg
    doodlegodcrimecityzakao.jpg
    wayoutr1jsy.jpg
    desktopbowling91jkz.jpg
  • Super Mutant Alien Assault - Fellow Traveller - $8.99/€8.99 (Launch sale: $8.09/€8.09) - 100 MB
  • Bouncy Bullets - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99/€3.99) - 121 MB
  • Lust for Darkness - SimFabric - $14.49/€12.99 (Launch sale: $13.13/€11.69) - 11.9 GB
  • Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet - Ashgames - $19.99/€19.99 - 3.8 GB
  • Quest Hunter - 2 Zombie Games - $16.99/€16.99 - 1.4 GB
    supermutantalienassaugzkhw.jpg
    bouncybullets7lk1u.jpg
    lustfordarkness08jgh.jpg
    nellycootalotjsj37.jpg
    questhunter3xj63.jpg
  • 3 Little Pigs & Bad Wolf - MAKING - $28.99/€25.99 - 93 MB
  • Adrenaline Rush - Miami Drive - Cool Small Games - $3.99/€3.99 (Launch sale: $2.99/€2.99) - 255 MB
  • Grass Cutter: Mutated Lawns - Sometimes You - $6.99/€6.99 - 328 MB
  • Mad Bullets - isTom Games - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: €8.99) - 304 MB
  • Alien Escape - Korion - $4.99/€4.99 - 72 MB
    3littlepigsbadwolfjkkvt.jpg
    adrenalinerush-miamid3hk8c.jpg
    grasscutteriojlz.jpg
    madbulletsyxk3z.jpg
    alienescapeq6kor.jpg
  • Switchy Road - Dispatch Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 72 MB
    switchyroad2ikkz.jpg

Nintendo Switch - DLCs

• The Messenger - Sabotage/Devolver Digital
    Picnic Panic - Free
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Nintendo
    Season Pass - $20.99/€20.99
  • Lego Worlds - WB Games
    Showcase Collection Pack 2 - Free
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - 505 Games
    Iga's Back Pack - $9.99/€9.99
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - Bandai Namco
    Ultra Pack Set - $14.99/€14.99
  • KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch - Detune
    OTORII - $9.99/€8.99
    EBINA - $9.99/€8.99

- Demos

• Songbird Symphony - Pqube
  • Lethal League Blaze - Team Reptile
  • Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble - Unties
  • Venture Kid - FDG Entertainment
  • The Sushi Spinnery - Kairosoft

- Japan
  • Shoujo to Dragon: Genjuu Keiyaku Cryptract - Lionsfilm - Free-to-Play
  • Kaeru Batake de Tsukamaete - Takuyo - ¥6,264
  • Puru-Chara Friends: Hoppe-chan to Sanrio Characters - Neos - ¥5,184
    shoujotodragongenjuuk12ju8.jpg
    kaerubatakedetsukamaey4kib.jpg
    puru-charafriendshopp87jwb.jpg

- Late Releases

• Psyvariar Delta - Dispatch Games - $29.99 - 486 MB *NA*

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Lethal League Blaze port is a let down and... honestly kind of weird. The game seems to run at a 720p resolution both when docked and in handheld. The game visually looks better in handheld because of it but the tradeoff is that it dips to a consistent 30 fps in portable when playing a game, and that's even with just one character on screen. I'm kind of reticent to say how much worse it gets when you're more than two players. Docked runs at 60 fps but it seems to be an unlocked framerate, I get quite a few drops when the intensity ramps up. I don't have the full game so I can't actually test how it works with four players. My guess is it's stuck to 30.

With all the drama here about how Blazing Chrome's Switch version operated I felt like I was taking crazy pills because the way people spoke about that version despite how perfectly fine it ran is how Lethal League actually feels like. Not sure I'm really going to get this, it depends on whether the sales on Switch are good enough I suppose since I generally want to play on whatever platform is active, and I'm really not expecting much from Xbox One or PS4 when it comes to indie games these days.

EDIT: Based on the Team Reptile Discord, they're allegedly working on the performance issues so the game's probably going to get a few patches.
Thanks! I will wait then.

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
He said this on NintendoLife about Lethal Legal Blaze:

Unfortunately we were unable to reach 60fps everywhere in the game in this phase. We decided to lock the fps on 30 when it can't reach 60fps. Mainly for stability purposes. An inconsistent framerate is even worse than 30fps in our opinion. Nonetheless we are working hard to increase the performance of the game and eventually reach a stable 60 fps in a later patch. We do agree though it should be possible to reach 60 fps and we will do our best to reach that!
Best,
Tim from Team Reptile