• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Nope. They've been pretty stubborn about there only being digital versions too, repeating it on Twitter and adding disclaimers to the official sites lol.

Yeah this is very well-documented (and many people don't notice it) so I sometimes forget to mention it, but yes, on Switch the SNES games included in X LC have some annoying input lag. It's a shame because every other game runs perfectly.

Also heads-up, the MM Legacy Collection 1 (as in classic Mega Man) is even worse about this, but only on Switch.
It was a major bummer.

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Well, I don't think I'll be completing Black Paradox. Not because I don't want to, but because the game is fucking hard. I made it to the final boss once, lost, and haven't been able to get there again. As far as I can tell, there are no upgrade chips that give you more than 10 stat points, so I've effectively hit the stat cap and can't make the game easier by improving my car any further. I wish there was a way to lower the difficulty a little.

I started Sundered and this game is awesome. The art is wonderful.
How is the performance of Sundered nowadays?

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Nope. They've been pretty stubborn about there only being digital versions too, repeating it on Twitter and adding disclaimers to the official sites lol.

I purchased it, so they'll announce it tomorrow. XD

It's weird that there is no full 4:3 option for playing in original view mode... but there is for scanlines. :\ I want fullscreen but don't like playing with scanlines! :(

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't gone for 100% in Tropical Freeze. And 100% in Celeste was tough, but always fair (excluding golden strawberries, I only got some of those). I never really got frustrated with Celeste except for a few C-sides. Magicat has stuff like puzzles where if you make 1 wrong move you have to kill yourself and respawn at the checkpoint or timed challenges where after the first couple worlds you seemingly have to do it perfectly or kill yourself to go back to checkpoint to retry, and the challenges are usually a bit of ways away from the checkpoint. It's tedious stuff like that that made me not want to do it.

Getting through the game isn't really that hard. You can respawn where you died for the cost of lives, though the cost exponentially increases for successive respawns on the same level. There was some kinda bonus for not using respawns though. I don't remember if it actually did anything or just put a checkpoint on the level or something. But I gave up on that too.

That's very useful to know. Thanks for all of the detailed info. I'll still pick up the game but probably won't try to 100% it, at least not in an initial playthrough.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to pick up Tiny Metal 2 while it was still on sale, since the demo was pretty fun, and I enjoy it. I dig the aesthetics, especially compared to AW. I haven't had a chance to try online but I'm hoping to soon. There is money to collect from missions which you can use to buy map packs and music. There is a hangar with unlockable stuff but I don't know how to unlock anything yet.

Has anyone tried Caldrius yet? Does it have leaderboards?

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Has anyone tried Caldrius yet? Does it have leaderboards?

Also interested in getting some impressions on this.

Damn, this month is killer for shmups fans. We got the awesome Rolling Gunner, Psyvariar Delta, Caldrius now and raiden V is coming next week if i'm not mistaken. My wallet is crying. xD

EDIT: i found a korean stream of the switch version on youtube and the options are the same as the ps4 version and there was the leaderboards option there so i'm gonna guess the online leaderboards of the ps4 is also present here. The game from the stream looked to run perfectly. Let's see if someone here gets the game.
I might bite the bullet but i wanted to get psyvariar delta first since it supports TATE mode for the flipgrip.

Last edited:

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Just want to vouch for Super Mega Baseball 2; it's a really fun baseball game that is more down-to-earth than the graphics suggest, and it has a pretty great logo/team editor to boot.

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Hitches and stutters a bit sometimes. Nothing that will affect gameplay, but you'll definitely notice it. The loading between regions or after death is also a bit on the long side.

I don't know how it performs on other platforms to compare.

I really wanted to get Sundred but the reviews weren't too good. Maybe I should get it anyway.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I really wanted to get Sundred but the reviews weren't too good. Maybe I should get it anyway.
Really? Huh. I'm enjoying it a lot.

There's a harshness to it that will definitely turn some people off. It's a metroidvania, and all the important rooms are fixed, but the caverns in between randomly generate in distinct chunks every time you die. They're well designed chunks, and roughly 30-40% of the map is fixed rooms, so I don't really mind it. Between that and death being both a mechanic and part of the story, it's got some roguelite elements. The game also loves to swarm you with hordes of enemies to fit the eldritch theme. I'm playing on Normal and I'm not finding it particularly hard, though. Yeah I've died, but you are transported back to the temple and can spend your shards to upgrade your abilities whenever it happens. There is a decent amount of retreading to get places (through the randomly generated portions), so between that and the hordes, the game expects a certain... hmm, purity of drive ? from the player. I'm not totally sure how to explain it, but it reminds me of Nocturne in that way, where you need to enjoy the experience of being constantly tested by the eldritch hordes and then finding it super gratifying to absorb their powers. There are even sections (I think these are all optional, but there are rewards at the end of them) where hordes spawn endlessly.

...Okay, there are also endings for fully resisting or doing a mix, but I'm going full chaos insanity because I find it the most thematically gratifying. And also morbid curiosity. I fully predict the game will end with the Trapezohedron murdering me or something for it, though, lol.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try out Etherborn yet? I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger.

Edit: okay, so I pulled the trigger on this and like it quite a bit. But I have to say the jump in length and complexity from level 1 to level 2 is pretty hysterical.

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit shocked by the amount of people objecting to the visuals in Streets of Rogue. I mean, yeah it's not winning any awards, but to me it looks no worse than most other pixel art games. Not counting the ones that are genuinely beautiful.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Really? Huh. I'm enjoying it a lot.

There's a harshness to it that will definitely turn some people off. It's a metroidvania, and all the important rooms are fixed, but the caverns in between randomly generate in distinct chunks every time you die. They're well designed chunks, and roughly 30-40% of the map is fixed rooms, so I don't really mind it. Between that and death being both a mechanic and part of the story, it's got some roguelite elements. The game also loves to swarm you with hordes of enemies to fit the eldritch theme. I'm playing on Normal and I'm not finding it particularly hard, though. Yeah I've died, but you are transported back to the temple and can spend your shards to upgrade your abilities whenever it happens. There is a decent amount of retreading to get places (through the randomly generated portions), so between that and the hordes, the game expects a certain... hmm, purity of drive ? from the player. I'm not totally sure how to explain it, but it reminds me of Nocturne in that way, where you need to enjoy the experience of being constantly tested by the eldritch hordes and then finding it super gratifying to absorb their powers. There are even sections (I think these are all optional, but there are rewards at the end of them) where hordes spawn endlessly.

...Okay, there are also endings for fully resisting or doing a mix, but I'm going full chaos insanity because I find it the most thematically gratifying. And also morbid curiosity. I fully predict the game will end with the Trapezohedron murdering me or something for it, though, lol.

Whereas I'm a twat and failed to notice the shrine/furnance mechanic so I ended up chucking the relics into the furnace and am now severly underpowered!

I absolutely love the game though.

Oct 29, 2017
So I've just bought $100 of US eshop credit to buy a couple of vouchers and redeemed the credit onto my US account. Then realised that I don't have an online sub so I can't buy vouchers 😔

I looked at a trial but my European card and PayPal wouldn't work, hence buying the credit.

So I guess my only option now is to join a family with my US account?

Week July 18th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• Etherborn - Altered Matter - $16.99/€16.99 - 1.4 GB
  • Umihara Kawase Fresh! - Nicalis - $39.99/€39.99 - 2.1 GB
  • Caladrius Blaze - H2 Iint. - $24.99/€24.99 - 2.6 GB
  • Redeemer: Enhanced Edition - Sobaka Studio/Koch Media - $29.99/€29.99 - 3.2 GB
  • Distrust - Alawar - $11.99/€11.99 (Launch sale: $9.59)- 505 MB
    etherbornjkkpa.jpg
    umiharakawasefresh8gju4.jpg
    caladriusblazegvjt8.jpg
    redeemerenhancededitiyqjk0.jpg
    distrustp1j6v.jpg
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - Team Ninja/Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 13.2 GB
  • The Ninja Warriors - Taito/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Archlion Saga - Kemco - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.49/€3.49) - 197 MB
  • Growtopia - Ubisoft - Free-to-Play - 186 MB
  • The Drama Queen Murder - Ocean Media - $9.99 - 461 MB *NA*
    marvelultimateallianc1kj93.jpg
    arcadearchivestheninjehj8o.jpg
    archlionsagap4jbu.jpg
    growtopiagikoj.jpg
    thedramaqueenmurder83jx4.jpg
  • Lost Orbit: Terminal Velocity - $9.99/€8.99 (Launch sale: $8.99/€8.09) - 1.8 GB
  • Royal Roads - 8Floor Games - $9.99/€8.79 - 892 MB
  • Battle & Crash - Starsign - $4.99/€4.99 - 328 MB
  • World Cruise Story - Kairosoft - $12.00/€10.00 - 191 MB
  • Let's Go Nuts - Devjuice - $9.99/€8.89 (Launch sale: $2.99/€2.66) - 124 MB
    lostorbitterminalveloj0jsf.jpg
    royalroads9zkd6.jpg
    battlecrashv9k2l.jpg
    worldcruisestoryb3jna.jpg
    letsgonutse9jh5.jpg
  • Mochi Mochi Boy - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99/€3.99) - 119 MB
  • Mini Trains - QubicGames - $5.99/€5.99 (Sale if you own one QubicGames game: $2.99/€2.99) - 2.0 GB
  • Jim is Moving Out! - Cinemax - $14.99/€12.99 - 863 MB
  • JumpHead: Battle4Fun! - Light Maze - $8.99/€8.99 - 645 MB
  • Tarot Readings Premium - Crazysoft - $8.99/€8.99 - 158 MB
    mochimochiboy49jcl.jpg
    minitrainsmpj93.jpg
    jimismovingout0jklb.jpg
    jumpheadbattle4fund2kjm.jpg
    tarotreadingspremium0mkrn.jpg

Nintendo Switch - DLCs

• Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - Nintendo
    Expansion Pass - $19.99/€19.99

- Demos

• Bot Vice - Dya Games

- Japan

• Fushigi no Gensokyo: Lotus Labyrinth - Unties - ¥6,264
  • Shin Hayarigami 1 and 2 - Nippon Ichi - ¥5,378
  • Sumikko Gurashi: Gakkou Seikatsu Hajimerun Desu - Nippon Columbia - ¥6,264
  • Tlicolity Eyes -twinkle showtime- - Idea Factory - ¥7,344
    fushiginogensokyolotur3ks2.jpg
    shinhayarigami1and29mkgo.jpg
    sumikkogurashigakkousywjhr.jpg
    tlicolityeyes-twinklebnkwa.jpg

- Late Releases

• Eagle Island - Sreenwave Media - €19.99 - 835 MB *EU*
  • Forklift - The Simulation - Polygon Art - $9.99 - 1.2 GB *NA*
  • Let's Sing 2019 - Plug In Digital - $39.99 - 2.2 GB *NA*

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Anybody play Hell is Other Demons? I couldnt find many reviews for this at all, but it looks pretty awesome.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
So I've just bought $100 of US eshop credit to buy a couple of vouchers and redeemed the credit onto my US account. Then realised that I don't have an online sub so I can't buy vouchers 😔

I looked at a trial but my European card and PayPal wouldn't work, hence buying the credit.

So I guess my only option now is to join a family with my US account?
I created a US PayPal account and use my EU card with it. Only downside is that it can't be a card used on another PayPal account.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Whereas I'm a twat and failed to notice the shrine/furnance mechanic so I ended up chucking the relics into the furnace and am now severly underpowered!

I absolutely love the game though.
I was actually wondering about that. If you resist, you can't upgrade the abilities at all? Do you just have to fight through the game with the default Valkyrie abilities the whole way?

Because I've become heavily dependent on two of the eldritch abilities that make traversal massively easier, and a resist run would probably fuck me over so hard lmao.

Eshe starts hallucinating. You'll see transparent enemies that aren't actually there. I've even been mobbed by hordes that were all hallucinations except for like one enemy. The really annoying ones are the enemies with projectiles, because the projectiles look normal, so you can't tell if the lasers or whatever will actually hurt you if the enemy is offscreen!

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ain't no one playing online Tiny Metal. I've played a few of the Campaign missions and it's a pretty fun homage to AW.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
After playing a bit of the ps4 klk demo yesterday, I immediately noticed the lower framerate on the switch demo. I was over it within seconds though. Looks and plays great.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I must be getting soft. Played Mega Man X1 for a while. The respawning enemies that go kamikaze really fast or are placed with the sole purpose to push you into the holes in the ground are aggravating. And the boss in the snow world is hard. In addition, I find it hard to play really precise with the joycons in handheld mode.
Then I switched to Wonderboy and the Dragon's Trap and that game is really archaic in comparision to the recent Monster Boy game. The floaty controls suck. I felt I was fighting the slow and imprecise controls more than I was fighting the mummy. I lost the fight, of course. A second time as well. The most frustrating aspect is that every time you die you have to start over and traverse two long and annoying sections to reach the boss fight. The lizard is not really a joy to play. That sucks because the remake is such a clear labor of love. But it is not really fun to play.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I turned on my New 3DS XL for the first time in like 6 months last night and was reminded by how much I miss it. I played it way more than I do my Switch currently. Maybe I felt like it had more unique stuff to it compared to watered down ports of things I can play better elsewhere or something but man I really liked that system a lot.

That resolution really is hard to go back to but I got used to it I think. Also it still had full battery after being off for 6 months. Random thought.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I forget how the larger the storage the more it eats up when formatted from what is advertised.

My 400GB card went down to 366GB. Still, a pretty big jump from my old 200GB card.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I have cleared Sundered's Embrace ending. What a lovely game. The combat gets pretty fun once you get all the upgrades. That final boss on the Embrace path, though.

That doesn't look like any sort of "humanity" I've ever seen!

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tiny Metal Full Metal Rumble is pretty good. Ive heard that first was crap but this one has gotten some pretty positive reviews so I bought it to play before 3 Houses came out. Not sure how it is compared to Advance Wars though (never played that before)

Also it's cheap and there's a demo out.

On the subject of the devs misusing the kicksrarter money, it seems the person who accused them actually made a formal apology, but I understand if people are turned off by their games due to that one being vaporware. In any case, I recommend giving the demo a try.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 22 - Rise: Race The Future - VD-DEV - $16.49/€17.99 - 1.6 GB
    --
  • 23 - Automachef - Team17 - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.1 GB
  • 23 - High Noon Revolver - Keybol Games - $2.99/€2.59 (Preorder sale: $2.39/€2.07) - 53 MB
  • 23 - Run The Fan - Silesia Games - $3.99/€3.79 (Preorder sale: $2.79/€2.65) - 192 MB
    --
  • 24 - Pawarumi - Manufacture 43 - $14.99/€14.99 - 878 MB
  • 24 - Battleship - Marmalade Game Studio - $19.99/€19.99 (Preorder sale: $17.99/€17.99) - 414 MB
    --
  • 25 - Songbird Symphony - Joysteak Studios/PQube - $16.99/€14.99 - 1.3 GB
  • 25 - Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition - Metalhead Software - $29.99/€26.49 - 1.9 GB
  • 25 - Picross Lord of the Nazarick - Jupiter - $9.99/€9.99 - 288 MB
  • 25 - The Caged Garden Cock Robin - Seec - $12.99 (Preorder sale: $9.99) - 495 MB
  • 25 - Fobia - Eugene Lazebny - €9.99 (Preorder sale: €6.99) - 484 MB
  • 25 - Mighty Switch Force! Collection - WayForward - $19.99/€17.99 - 845 MB
  • 25 - Raiden V: Director's Cut - UFO Interactive - $29.99/€29.99 - 3.6 GB
  • 25 - Fantasy Strike - Sirlin Games - $29.99/€32.99 - 3.5 GB
  • 25 - Terrorhythm (TRRT) - Forever Ent. - €9.99 (Sale if you own one Forever Ent. game: €4.99) - 470 MB
  • 25 - Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition - Exor Studios - $14.99/€14.99 (Preorder sale: $13.49/€13.49) - 1.4 GB
  • 25 - Gunpowder on The Teeth: Arcade - Forever Ent. - $4.49/€4.99 (Sale if you own one Forever Ent. game: €2.49) - 68 MB
  • 25 - Collide-a-Ball 2 - Starsign - $4.99/€4.99 - 147 MB
  • 25 - Smoots Summer Games - JanduSoft - $9.99/€9.99 - 657 MB
    --
  • 26 - Kill la Kill: IF - Arc System Works/PQube - $59.99/€59.99 - 6.1 GB
  • 26 - Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Bethesda - $29.99/€29.99 - 20.5 GB
  • 26 - Fire Emblem Three Houses - Intelligent Systems/Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 10.9 GB
  • 26 - Remothered: Tormented Fathers - Darril Arts - $29.99/€29.99 - 2.5 GB
  • 26 - Tetsumo Party - Monster Couch - $4.99/€4.99 - 357 MB
  • 26 - Seeders Puzzle Reboot - Bigosaur - $9.99/€7.99 - 306 MB
  • 26 - Titans Pinball - SuperPowerUpGames - $2.99/€2.99 (Preorder sale: $1.97/€1.97) - 233 MB
  • 26 - Sheep in Hell - EnjoyUp Games - $2.99/€2.99 (Preorder sale: $1.97/€1.97) - 152 MB
  • 26 - Garage Mechanic Simulator - Ultimate Games - $6.99/€6.99 - 92 MB
    --
  • 27 - Sweet Witches - Drageus Games - $9.99/€9.99 (Sale if you own one Drageus game: $4.99/€4.99) - 1.0 GB

- DLCs

• Fire Emblem Three Houses - Intelligent Systems/Nintendo
    26 - Expansion Pass - $24.99/€24.99

- Japan
  • 24 - Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: The Official Video Game - Sega - ¥5,389
  • 25 - Rune Factory 4 Special - Marvelous - ¥5,378
  • 25 - Pioneer no Banshou - ricordo - - Idea Factory - ¥6,804
  • 25 - Tsuri Spirits Nintendo Switch Version - Bandai Namco - ¥6,156
  • 25 - Pirates 7 - Mediascape - ¥1,500
  • 25 - Yoiyami Dreamer - Mediascape - ¥1,500
  • 25 - The Ninja Warriors One Again - Taito/Natsume - ¥3,024
  • 25 - Tsukue de Dodgeball - Sat-Box - ¥800

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sending their games out to die is kind of Bethesda's thing... Unless they're TES or Fallout, of course.

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
Great news for shmup fans like myself, Rolling Gunner is finally back up on the EU eShop! Glad they sorted out whatever issue there was that got it pulled from sale in the first place.