• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E3 2019 Switch release suprises:

• Cadence of Hyrule

Votes: 403 56.1%
  • My Friend Pedro

Votes: 86 12.0%
  • Shovel Knight: King of Cards

Votes: 109 15.2%
  • CrossCode

Votes: 98 13.6%
  • SNES - Nintendo Switch Online

Votes: 255 35.5%
  • Mother 3

Votes: 153 21.3%
  • Other (Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition, A Hat in Time, Forager, Virtua Racing, more)

Votes: 96 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Argus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching some Stardew Valley gameplay and it kinda looks like a mix of Animal Crossing and DQ Builders. Is that more or less it or is there some secret sauce, some ingredient that I'm missing?

Here's the test. Watch some gameplay of it where all the crops ripen, get collected, and then they all get put into the shipping bin for cold hard cash. If that doesn't excite you on a deep primal level, it might not be the game for you. If it does, you're in for a treat.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Saw that Hori announced a "split pad pro" which is basically a Hori-made pro controller split in two to be used attached to the switch. It also has rear triggers. I assume like the Hori pad, it has to remain attached to the switch to work and doesn't have gyros.

It's dumb, but I don't care about the features or even the size, I just want sticks that won't drift and a decent d-pad (plus hopefully not too much added weight).

up for preorder as well on amazon us.

Week June 13th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU Article, Sales
JP Article

• Cadence of Hyrule - Brace Yourself Games/Nintendo - $24.99/€24.99 - 677 MB
  • Collection of Mana - Square Enix - $39.99/€39.99 - 331 MB
  • Contra Anniversary Collection - Konami - $19.99/€19.99 - 501 MB
  • The Last Remnant Remastered - Square Enix - $19.99/€19.99 - 11.9 GB
  • Battle Worlds: Kronos - King Art/THQ Nordic - $29.99/€29.99 - 2.4 GB
    cadenceofhyrulecryptor0k1i.jpg
    collectionofmanajdjue.jpg
    contraanniversarycolleajji.jpg
    thelastremnantremaste20k0x.jpg
    battleworldskronosafjl3.jpg
  • Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry - Assemble Ent. - $39.99/€39.99 - 1.6 GB
  • Radiation City - Atypical Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 4.7 GB
  • Please: Don't Touch Anything: Classic - ForwarXP - $4.99 - 66 MB *06/20 on EU*
  • PlataGO! Super Platform Game Maker - Super Icon/PQube - $19.99/€19.99 - 418 MB
  • Vosaria: Lair of the Forgotten - Johnny Ostad - $4.99/€4.99 - 61 MB
    leisuresuitlarry-wetdqdjm1.jpg
    radiationcitysjjsv.jpg
    pleasedonttouchanythi4yk9s.jpg
    platagofok5i.jpg
    vosarialairoftheforgoq7jle.jpg
  • Pooyan - Arcade - Konami/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Enchanted in the Moonlight: Miyabi, Kyoga & Samon - Voltage - $19.99 - 905 MB *NA*
  • Enchanted in the Moonlight: Kiryu, Chikage & Yukinojo - Voltage - $19.99 - 908 MB *NA*
  • Verlet Swing - Digerati - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $11.99/€11.99) - 1.1 GB
  • Deer Drive Legends - Maximum Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 103 MB
    arcadearchivespooyansyj6m.jpg
    enchantedinthemoonlighqkim.jpg
    enchantedinthemoonligdok5x.jpg
    verletswingemkob.jpg
    deerdrivelegendsuyjxu.jpg
  • Dead Dungeon - Drageus - $4.99/€4.99 - 178 MB
  • A Duel hand Disaster: Trackher - AskAnEnemyStudios - $9.99 - 1.2 GB *NA*
  • Demolition Crew - xirBX - $2.00/€2.00 - 50 MB
    deaddungeonlbj5h.jpg
    aduelhanddisastertracr2kg9.jpg
    demolitioncrew18j4j.jpg

- Japan
  • Radirgy Swag - RS34 - ¥2,000
  • Doraemon: Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari - Bandai Namco Games - ¥6,588
  • Yumeutsutsu Re:Master - Kogado Studio - ¥7,344
  • Super Real Mahjong P7 - Mighty Craft - ¥2,480
    radirgyswagumja9.jpg
    doraemonnobitanobokuj25k9p.jpg
    yumeutsutsuremaster6pjfp.jpg
    superrealmahjongp7ijjup.jpg

- Late Releases
  • World End Syndrome - Arc System Works/Pqube - €49.99 - 4.8 GB *EU*
  • Phantom Doctrine - Forever Ent. - €17.99 (Launch sale if you own a Forever Ent. game: €13.39) - 6.5 GB *EU*
  • Bullet Battle: Evolution - Troooze - €14.99 - 586 MB *EU*
  • Cricket 19 - Big Ant Studios - $49.99 - 12.6 GB *NA*
  • Soccer Pinball - Kodobur Yazilim - $0.99 - 254 MB *NA*

manksalot

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Saw that Hori announced a "split pad pro" which is basically a Hori-made pro controller split in two to be used attached to the switch. It also has rear triggers. I assume like the Hori pad, it has to remain attached to the switch to work and doesn't have gyros.

It's dumb, but I don't care about the features or even the size, I just want sticks that won't drift and a decent d-pad (plus hopefully not too much added weight).

up for preorder as well on amazon us.
I preordered these on amazon yesterday, crossing my fingers as my last few amazon preorders didn't come through. I've been having some hand problems recently and when I was playing handheld yesterday it was almost too painful. These look way more comfortable. I have tried out a couple grips that didn't really do enough for me to be worth it, hope these end up good.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
at first I was like "lol what is this abomination" when I saw that Daemon pad, but the more i looked/thought about it, the more I wanted it.

I basically only use my switch at home (usually in bed) or at work (graveyard shift so im always alone) so its not like im in public with that giant thing, and the switch is already pretty big and it doesnt bother me so yeah, I'd get this.

Probably wont come out here in europe tho.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone comment on slay the Spire performance, I'm debating between that and Cadence

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'd love if they made this available even once or twice per year per NSO user. Such a great offer that really should be extended further imo

Imagine if they only did this promotion for a day or two every year. The eShop charts would be quite something to look at once the damage was done. lol

I don't really know mate, I just wanted to make a stupid joke.

This should be the official slogan of ResetEra.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
For those of you who beat Gato Roboto do you get a different ending for 100%? Cause I just beat the game at 93% and when I loaded up my file it just brought me into this little area where it doesn't seem like there's anything to do?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Cadence is absolutely fantastic as expected. I'm so glad.
I had a Shantae game on GB Colour (I think it was). Are these similar? Need to look into them!
Pirate's Curse (Shantae 3) is very similar. It's bigger and more polished, and generally an excellent game.

Half Genie Hero (4) is kind of a mess and honestly pretty mediocre as a whole.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Pirate's Curse (Shantae 3)is very similar. It's bigger and more polished, and generally an excellent game.

Half Genie Hero (4) is kind of a mess and honestly pretty mediocre as a whole.

I thought Pirate's Curse was 2 and 1/2 Genie was 3, with Risky's Revenge being 1. What was 1 then?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The first is called Shantae (with no subtitle), it's the original GBC game. Then comes Risky's Revenge on DSi and so on.

ah ok. I tried Risky's Revenge and didnt like it because of the whole going in and out of screens for navigation, it was super confusing. I'm loving Pirate's Curse tho.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I had a Shantae game on GB Colour (I think it was). Are these similar? Need to look into them!

All four Shantae games are great in their own ways and all are worth playing. With the current sales on Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero, and 5 coming later this year (pending the inevitable delay), there's never been a better time to go through the series.

There's always been this weird lukewarm reception to Half-Genie Hero on ERA though, and I don't get it. Folks are entitled to their opinions on it of course, but I thoroughly enjoyed it at launch and it's only been improved since then with updates and DLC. The only successful Kickstarter game I've ever backed, and I'd do it again for Shantae 6 if WayForward goes that route a second time.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Got a ton of those games on sale under 3 bucks.

Bleep Bloop is actually a very cool puzzle game that seems like only like 5 people have played because there's not one single play through online and I'm fucking stuuuuck :( but it's pretty good.

Pipe push paradise seems also like a good puzzle game but it's quite tough and I must admit that there is something that is bothering me and it's how some pipe movements that should be possible according to the own logic of the way the pipes can be rotated are actually not possible. Maybe I'll get used to it and forget about it but it bothers me because in my mind I'm always thinking of making that move just to be reminded by the game that, nope, that's not possible.

Hyper Sentinel was the cheapest of all and, for the price, totally worth it. Maybe even just for the sound design it is worth it, it's like absurdly over the top arcadey sound. The gameplay is like a smaller and more chaotic version of Graceful explosion machine but with upgrades not being always at your disposal and having to earn them. It's difficult to keep track of everything but I guess I just suck. Still fun.

Crypt of the Necrodancer. I really sucked at the demo but for under 3 bucks I thought I'd like to try again with the full game. I still suck. I mean, it's weird to me because I play drums and although I'm no professional, I think I know how to keep a beat but somehow I can't? I think I can blame the music partially for this, the way it is composed it is not that clear whether the beat is marked by the percussion or the base which runs asynchronous to it. Also, sometimes I really think my controller just doesn't register an input and my character stays in place without moving. Am I crazy or does this happen to anybody else? Unless I figure this game out I'm not going to get Cadence, that's for sure.

And last I got also super cheap is Kid Tripp, an endless runner with a very chunky pixel art style very reminiscent of wonder boy. I had played the demo and I finished it so for the low price I thought I'd give the rest of the game a go. It's good, I don't play a lot of endless runners but this one seems quite interesting and more engaging than most since it actually uses 3 buttons so it's actually challenging.

So yeah, I actually recommend all of these games in this actual sale. So many games, though, like... wtf

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Hey guys, has anyone played State of Mind? And if so, is it any good?

It looks good when first announced but then launched at £35.99 which really put me off. Currently on sale for £12.23 so want to know if its worth picking up.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got a ton of those games on sale under 3 bucks.

Bleep Bloop is actually a very cool puzzle game that seems like only like 5 people have played because there's not one single play through online and I'm fucking stuuuuck :( but it's pretty good.

Pipe push paradise seems also like a good puzzle game but it's quite tough and I must admit that there is something that is bothering me and it's how some pipe movements that should be possible according to the own logic of the way the pipes can be rotated are actually not possible. Maybe I'll get used to it and forget about it but it bothers me because in my mind I'm always thinking of making that move just to be reminded by the game that, nope, that's not possible.

Hyper Sentinel was the cheapest of all and, for the price, totally worth it. Maybe even just for the sound design it is worth it, it's like absurdly over the top arcadey sound. The gameplay is like a smaller and more chaotic version of Graceful explosion machine but with upgrades not being always at your disposal and having to earn them. It's difficult to keep track of everything but I guess I just suck. Still fun.

Crypt of the Necrodancer. I really sucked at the demo but for under 3 bucks I thought I'd like to try again with the full game. I still suck. I mean, it's weird to me because I play drums and although I'm no professional, I think I know how to keep a beat but somehow I can't? I think I can blame the music partially for this, the way it is composed it is not that clear whether the beat is marked by the percussion or the base which runs asynchronous to it. Also, sometimes I really think my controller just doesn't register an input and my character stays in place without moving. Am I crazy or does this happen to anybody else? Unless I figure this game out I'm not going to get Cadence, that's for sure.

And last I got also super cheap is Kid Tripp, an endless runner with a very chunky pixel art style very reminiscent of wonder boy. I had played the demo and I finished it so for the low price I thought I'd give the rest of the game a go. It's good, I don't play a lot of endless runners but this one seems quite interesting and more engaging than most since it actually uses 3 buttons so it's actually challenging.

So yeah, I actually recommend all of these games in this actual sale. So many games, though, like... wtf
The thing about Necrodancer is that it is a very challenging game. You may have an easier time if you're good at rhythm games and/or Mystery Dungeon's school of roguelikes, but you're 100% gonna have a hard time at first, mostly because there's nothing like it so it's impossible to get used to it that quickly.

I've beaten the game multiple times and by now I can make it to at least the third dungeon relatively easily, but it's still a relatively challenging game, and trust me I was bumping my head against a wall trying to make it past 1-3 and dying to every dragon at first too, but eventually it clicks and it's a great feeling.

Cadence is very similar but VASTLY more forgiving. In Necrodancer the things that help you the most is having a lot of health and means to recover it along with decent weapons, but the only one of those you can always control is having decent max health (because you get hearts as permanent upgrades) whereas for the rest you're at the mercy of the RNG for the most part. In Cadence tho when you get a base weapon (no glass ones) you keep it forever, and the game is constantly dropping hearts for you on top of heart pieces being relatively easy to get; so yeah even if you feel you suck at Necrodancer, Cadence may still appeal to you (I do recommend playing through Necrodancer first if you can tho, there's some awesome fanservice in Cadence).

Also make sure to calibrate again for any latency issues in options.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested as well. Reviews are average, but i don't trust the gaming press at all and this topic has often better insights.

what a weird take. Gaming press is just various opinions of various people, its good at the very least for a consensus.

Like, just the other day, in this very thread, you had someone saying Steamworld Quest was amazing and the best Steamworld game vs me saying its average and certainly far from the best Steamworld game. Whats the difference?

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
The thing about Necrodancer is that it is a very challenging game. You may have an easier time if you're good at rhythm games and/or Mystery Dungeon's school of roguelikes, but you're 100% gonna have a hard time at first, mostly because there's nothing like it so it's impossible to get used to it that quickly.

I've beaten the game multiple times and by now I can make it to at least the third dungeon relatively easily, but it's still a relatively challenging game, and trust me I was bumping my head against a wall trying to make it past 1-3 and dying to every dragon at first too, but eventually it clicks and it's a great feeling.

Cadence is very similar but VASTLY more forgiving. In Necrodancer the things that help you the most is having a lot of health and means to recover it along with decent weapons, but the only one of those you can always control is having decent max health (because you get hearts as permanent upgrades) whereas for the rest you're at the mercy of the RNG for the most part. In Cadence tho when you get a base weapon (no glass ones) you keep it forever, and the game is constantly dropping hearts for you on top of heart pieces being relatively easy to get; so yeah even if you feel you suck at Necrodancer, Cadence may still appeal to you (I do recommend playing through Necrodancer first if you can tho, there's some awesome fanservice in Cadence).

Also make sure to calibrate again for any latency issues in options.

Nice, thanks for the great write up. Just after I posted this I was able to pass the first level (yeah, I was doing that badly) and suddenly the music changed and I was doing better with it. I'm starting to discern the pattern of most common enemies but the bigger ones still fuck me up before I can even read their patterns. Maybe I'll watch some tutorial.

Despite my shortcomings with the game I can tell it is a genius idea and very well executed. And incredible amount of content from what i can see.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, has anyone played State of Mind? And if so, is it any good?

It looks good when first announced but then launched at £35.99 which really put me off. Currently on sale for £12.23 so want to know if its worth picking up.
I'm interested as well. Reviews are average, but i don't trust the gaming press at all and this topic has often better insights.

I just started it the other day. Only played for a couple hours (though play-length estimates put it at around 8 hours) but it's pretty good so far. It's very story-driven, focusing on dialogue and interacting with things in the environment. If you're into cyberpunk, it's a good option since the genre doesn't seem to get as much love as it should. I grabbed it on sale for about $15 since there was no way I was gonna pay $40. It was on my wishlist for a good while before it finally went on sale.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I thought so. But it's also a shorter game. Maybe 20 hours or so. They also streamlined a bunch of game mechanics that I wasn't a huge fan of in XB2.
I didn't like Torna. I played maybe 3/4 of it and quit and watched the rest of it on YouTube. 2 is still probably my favorite game on the Switch. I just liked the characters and music and combat and story of the base game much more.

But I'm definitely in the minority here. I recommend every Xeno2 fan to buy Torna, you'll.most likely enjoy it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like Torna. I played maybe 3/4 of it and quit and watched the rest of it on YouTube. 2 is still probably my favorite game on the Switch. I just liked the characters and music and combat and story of the base game much more.

But I'm definitely in the minority here. I recommend every Xeno2 fan to buy Torna, you'll.most likely enjoy it.
I think my biggest complaints about the Xenoblade 2 base game was how much busywork there was in terms of sidequests (too drawn out), and that more than a couple of the affinity charts were goddamn ridiculous.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
100% Gato Roboto.

Super fun but short and easy. Took me around 6 hours.

Wouldn't really call it a metroidvania, you only have to backtrack a couple times to progress and a couple more to get the full 100%

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
forgot how hard Necrodancer is, fuck me this third area ;_;

Im starting to get more curious about Bloodstained. I think Ill buy it on Steam and refund it if I dont like it immediately. I want a good Metroidvania, but Im skeptical about the game. But, I want it to be good and meaty!

it's annoying me that the switch one not only is 30fps, comes out later AND doesnt have the 15% pre order discount >_>

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Im starting to get more curious about Bloodstained. I think Ill buy it on Steam and refund it if I dont like it immediately. I want a good Metroidvania, but Im skeptical about the game. But, I want it to be good and meaty!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit hesitant because I heard the game is about 12 hours long, which isn't bad but kind of a big ask for $40.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I don't know. All of my friends (who are all huge Metroidvania fans) are going nuts over Bloodstained and I just don't get it. It looks so... not great to me. I was watching a video Playstation put up a couple of days ago to see where it's at now and that game still does nothing for me. The main characters movement is plodding, combat doesn't have that oomph to it and the environments don't look great either.

It's gonna take some extreme word of mouth for me to even think about getting it.
I'm a bit hesitant because I heard the game is about 12 hours long, which isn't bad but kind of a big ask for $40.
SOTN is like 10 or so hours on a normal playthrough.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
SOTN is like 10 or so hours on a normal playthrough.
Yeah, I know. But indy games have really altered my perceptions of what a game is worth. When you have something like Hollow Knight where you pay $15 (or less) and get dozens of hours out of it, it kinda sends the message that sometimes you don't need to pay near full retail price for a AAA experience.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I know. But indy games have really altered my perceptions of what a game is worth. When you have something like Hollow Knight where you pay $15 (or less) and get dozens of hours out of it, it kinda sends the message that sometimes you don't need to pay near full retail price for a AAA experience.
That's totally fair.

I was just saying I'm more than OK with my Metroidvania's lasting between 10-12 hours. And for as much as I love HK, its 30+ hours was a bit exhausting at times. So Bloodstained being 12 hours long is A-OK with me... I just wish I liked how it looked.

Oct 26, 2017
So I ended up downloading this really cool game called mario odyssey that's on the current e3 sale and wanted to give it a shout-out so it doesn't get overlooked. Quite the pleasant experience, I'm having a lot of fun! It's a bit on the pricey side even after the sale but I hear there's plenty of content.
Controls are very good as are the colorful graphics, I think it runs at a pretty steady 60 fps too. Tons of variety and creativity in the gameplay. You can tell a lot of heart was put into this one so I believe the devs really do deserve your support, even if the discount isn't too steep. We need more games like this on the eshop.

Last edited:

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
So I ended up downloading this really cool game called mario odyssey that's on the current e3 sale and wanted to give it a shout-out so it doesn't get overlooked. Quite the pleasant experience, I'm having a lot of fun! It's a bit on the pricey side even after the sale but I hear there's plenty of content.
Controls are very good as are the colorful graphics, I think it runs at a pretty steady 60 fps too. Tons of variety and creativity in the gameplay. You can tell a lot of heart was put into this one so I believe the devs really do deserve your support, even if the discount isn't too steep. We need more games like this on the eshop.
I'll cosign this.

This game is super underappreciated and constantly gets overlooked, so hopefully this sale will make more people aware that this game exist and is actually pretty good.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
I just started it the other day. Only played for a couple hours (though play-length estimates put it at around 8 hours) but it's pretty good so far. It's very story-driven, focusing on dialogue and interacting with things in the environment. If you're into cyberpunk, it's a good option since the genre doesn't seem to get as much love as it should. I grabbed it on sale for about $15 since there was no way I was gonna pay $40. It was on my wishlist for a good while before it finally went on sale.
Thanks! May well pick it up at this price.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Looks kind of like yooka-layle, is it as good?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Lovely auto-runner that looks super crisp in portable mode. It's very short but for less than a buck it should be an automatic purchase for anyone that enjoys tough retro-styled platformers. It was one of my favorite auto-runners on Switch along with Knight Terrors, No Thing, and Skypeace until I completed Chameleon Run: Deluxe Edition yesterday, which is fantastic and will be very tough to top and is in a league of its own.

05d.jpg

Last edited: