• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E3 2019 Switch release suprises:

• Cadence of Hyrule

Votes: 403 56.1%
  • My Friend Pedro

Votes: 86 12.0%
  • Shovel Knight: King of Cards

Votes: 109 15.2%
  • CrossCode

Votes: 98 13.6%
  • SNES - Nintendo Switch Online

Votes: 255 35.5%
  • Mother 3

Votes: 153 21.3%
  • Other (Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition, A Hat in Time, Forager, Virtua Racing, more)

Votes: 96 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiggyRob

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nooooooooooooo they did.... why did I wait haha not sure if I'm buying MM2 now.

EDIT: Tried Australia but it won't work.

Fuuuuck, I waited too long to get one of these vouchers.

I guess the cheapest place for UK people is now actually the UK store, unless people are aware of South Africa/Norway/other PAL regions that aren't Australia that would be cheaper to the £.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Crypt of the Necrodancer and the game is pretty fun, altough I've been told Cadence of Hyrule is way simpler : should I begin with Cadence of Hyrule or just play Crypt ? Thanks

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The count lucanor is strangely on sale in the EU eshop again, it was just on sale like 2 weeks ago (before the E3 sale)

Someone was saying they wanted to pick it up after seeing it in that indie games channel?

Last edited:

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Crypt of the Necrodancer and the game is pretty fun, altough I've been told Cadence of Hyrule is way simpler : should I begin with Cadence of Hyrule or just play Crypt ? Thanks
Cadence is indeed way easier but not necessarily simpler; they have different systems and structures, but IMO it's better to get accustomed with Crypt before jumping in. Cadence is also technically a sequel and has a few throwbacks, so you get more out of it playing it after Crypt.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 24 - Azuran Tales: Trials - Tiny Trinket Games - $12.99/€12.99 - 2.4 GB
    --
  • 25 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - ArtPlay/505 Games - $39.99/€39.99 - 4.7 GB
  • 25 - We. The Revolution - Klabater - $19.99/€19.99 (Preorder sale: $17.99/€17.99) - 1.8 GB
  • 25 - Super Neptunia RPG - Reef Ent. - $49.00/€49.99 - 3.9 GB *06/28 on EU*
  • 25 - Devil May Cry - Capcom - $19.99/€19.99 - 9.2 GB
    --
  • 27 - Graveyard Keeper - tinyBuild Games - $19.99/€19.99 (Preorder sale: $17.99/€17.99) - 289 MB
  • 27 - Dandy Dungeon: Legend of Brave Yamada - Onion Games - $24.99/€21.99 (Preorder sale: $16.99/€15.39) - 796 MB
  • 27 - Virtua Racing - Arcade - M2/Sega - $7.99/€6.99
  • 27 - Wonder Boy in Monster Land - Arcade - M2/Sega - $7.99/€6.99
  • 27 - War Tech Fighters - Blowfish Studios - $19.99/€17.99 (Preorder sale: €14.39) - 4.0 GB
  • 27 - Baobabs Mausoleum Ep. 2: 1313 Barnabas Dead End Drive - Zerouno Games - $6.99/€5.99 - 2.2 GB
  • 27 - Q-Yo Blaster - Forever Ent. - $8.99/€9.99 (Sale: $4.49/€4.99 if you own a Forever Ent. game) - 169 MB
  • 27 - Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love - Artifex Mundi - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.3 GB
  • 27 - Rain City - Orenda - $7.58/€6.72 - 1.1 GB
  • 27 - Goonya Fighter - Mutan - $24.99/€22.49 (Preorder sale: $4.74/€4.27) - 172 MB
  • 27 - Human Rocket Person - 2nd Studio - $4.99/€4.99 - 355 MB
  • 27 - Bitlogic: A Cyberpunk Arcade Adventure - OXiAB Game Studio - $6.99/€6.99 - 173 MB
  • 27 - Chiki-Chiki Boxy Pro Wrestling - The Pocket Company - $14.99/€14.99 (Preorder sale: €13.49) - 361 MB
  • 27 - Nekopara Vol. 3 - Cfk - $14.99/€10.99 - 2.6 GB
  • 27 - Lines X - Nestor Yavorskyy - $0.99/€0.99
  • 27 - Furwind - JanduSoft - $9.99/€8.99 - 161 MB
  • 27 - Epic Astro Story - Kairosoft - $12.00/€10.00 - 190 MB
  • 27 - MotoGP 19 - Milestone - $49.99/€59.99 - 6.2 GB
  • 27 - Fort Boyard - Microids - €29.99 - 987 MB
    --
  • 28 - Super Mario Maker 2 - Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 2.8 GB
  • 28 - Speel Casting: Purrfectly Portable Edition - Hidden Trap - $9.99/€9.99 - 150 MB
  • 28 - Real Drift Racing - Cool Small Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 1.1 GB
  • 28 - Headball Soccer Deluxe - Cool Small Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Preorder sale: €3.74) - 371 MB
  • 28 - Rally Rock 'N Racing - EnjoyUp Games - $9.99/€9.99 (Preorder sale: $7.99/€7.99) - 314 MB
  • 28 - Maddening Euphoria - Chequered Ink - $1.00/€0.99 - 68 MB
  • 28 - Attack of the Toy Tanks - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 145 MB
  • 28 - Another Sight - Toplitz Productions - $39.99 - 3.0 GB *NA*

- Japan
  • 27 - La-Mulana 2 - Nigoro/Playism - ¥3,218
  • 27 - Space Harrier - Arcade - M2/Sega - ¥999
  • 27 - Jinrui no Minasama he - Nippon Ichi - ¥7,538
  • 27 - Clock Zero ~ Shuuen no Ichibyou ~ Devote - Idea Factory - ¥6,804
  • 27 - Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu - Konami - ¥7,538
  • 27 - Akihabara: Feel the Rhythm Remixed - Ninja Games Japan - ¥800

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Must resist buying Space Harrier right away... totally getting Devil May Cry though, I've got a few other games on my immediate buy list, but I think I'll finish Cuphead first.
Which, is going super well. Almost done with world 3 now, gotten A ranks on the Iron Giant and Tom and Jerry inspired bosses, feel like I've definitely woken up my previous skill on the game, as neither took very long to do. Can't wait to hit expert mode to really challenge me!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Im left ultimately disappointed by Kamiko, the first run was great but unfortunately the runs with the other 2 characters dont change anything about the levels, and they are worse to play too (the archer especially feels atrocious), and to top it all, nothing happens when you beat it 3 times, so theres little reason to even do it, and one run only lasts about 45minutes... I know I know budget title, and I still think it was well worth the 2€ but I was expecting something more after finishing it once.

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Got so many things to play on Switch. And Steam summer sale is tomorrow! I'm hoping to keep my spending less than 50 tomorrow.

I still want to get Bloodstained and Mario Maker 2 this week.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Got so many things to play on Switch. And Steam summer sale is tomorrow! I'm hoping to keep my spending less than 50 tomorrow.

I still want to get Bloodstained and Mario Maker 2 this week.
I may pick up Bloodstained, but I'm still obsessed with My Time at Portia, so who knows when I would get to it. Anything else big coming this week?

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing my way through Monster Boy on Switch. I really like the game but some parts are just a chore and are way too hard. Also the game seems overly long! I've just finished - am I near the end of the game? I've clocked up over 25 hours and kinda wish the game ended sooner!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Not really a compliant but it si weird you can't register switch games to your account unless you have a switch. I brought a few games from amazon digitally, and I will have to wait until i have a switch to register them.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a compliant but it si weird you can't register switch games to your account unless you have a switch. I brought a few games from amazon digitally, and I will have to wait until i have a switch to register them.
Why are you buying digital games for a system you don't own yet. I mean, I would understand if they were physical copies, but it's not like Nintendo is gonna run out of digital copies.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
I quite enjoyed it. It's a relatively straight forward detective VN, and a prequel to the main series, so it is definitely the best place to start. Fantastic presentation too.

If you are a fan of the genre, well worth playing, relatively short though at ~10hrs when played at a leisurely pace, but since it's focus is on a singular case, it's an appropriate length.
10 hrs is more than fine and it's only $40. Also, this 360 view needs to be standard in VNs.
yup, the game is good.
Also the perfect game to start since it's like a prequel and perfect for newcommers.

There's a demo of the game in the eshop with the prologue and it will give a nice vibe of how the game works.
Thanks for the heads up. Played through the demo on my lunch break and it seems legit. 👍

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to do a shout out for Dandy Dungeon coming out this week, especially as a preorder with that discount. It's made by the guys who did Black Bird, and it was super fun on mobile. Support Onion Games!*

*I'm not affiliated with Onion Games. Just a big fan.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'd like to do a shout out for Dandy Dungeon coming out this week, especially as a preorder with that discount. It's made by the guys who did Black Bird, and it was super fun on mobile. Support Onion Games!*

*I'm not affiliated with Onion Games. Just a big fan.

The knock seems to be that it seems overpriced even with discount compared to the mobile game it's based off of (though no microtransactions).

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I may pick up Bloodstained, but I'm still obsessed with My Time at Portia, so who knows when I would get to it. Anything else big coming this week?

Apparently people are saying Bloodstained on Switch isn't good and doesn't run well. I guess I'll go back and get a Steam version instead, it is cheaper through the 28th.

I've been playing my way through Monster Boy on Switch. I really like the game but some parts are just a chore and are way too hard. Also the game seems overly long! I've just finished - am I near the end of the game? I've clocked up over 25 hours and kinda wish the game ended sooner!

Yeah the game isn't "tight" in its design. Especially RIGHT before you fight the end boss you go on an epic fetch quest all over the map to get the thing. I enjoyed the game because my kids LOVED watching me play. But if it was just me playing, then yeah I'd agree. It was a little too bloated and couldn't been like 5-10 hours shorter for my tastes.

Awesome game though. You get your money's worth!

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Don't buy Bloodstained on Switch. Very muddy looking and bad input lag with a Pro controller. Buy it on a different system or wait to see if they patch the Switch version.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Wow, I had no idea Monster Boy was that kind of length. I guess I'd kind of figured it would be more the kind of 5-10 hour range of something like The Dragon's Trap

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yup $40 is a lot for a digital game (for me) to take a "risk". I'm willing to spend <$20 on a digital game when it's Indie and if it's not at 100% performance, but I know will be patched later (Dead Cells, Gungeon, Slay the Spire). But yup, $40. Too much for me.
For the most part, I think Switch eshop pricing has spoiled me to where I see a full $60 retail release and think twice, where I used to never bat an eyelash at it. $60 was just what games cost.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
At the start of the month I was thinking of getting Bloodstained but last week, I thought that I'll just wait until it gets patched more and then decide whether to get it on Switch, Steam, or PS4. So, I bought Smash Bros. Ultimate instead and having a blast unlocking characters just by playing Smash mode with my daughter. I think I made a good decision.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
At the start of the month I was thinking of getting Bloodstained but last week, I thought that I'll just wait until it gets patched more and then decide whether to get it on Switch, Steam, or PS4. So, I bought Smash Bros. Ultimate instead and having a blast unlocking characters just by playing Smash mode with my daughter. I think I made a good decision.
Ugh YEAH you did. Smash is awesome!!

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I finished Katana ZERO tonight.

WOW. I know this game got a lot of criticism on this thread about its game length, I think it's perfect. The game's story ends on an arc, and then setups a sequel with a "To be Continued..." but where it ends, makes sense. According to Steam it took me 5 hours. I felt like that's about perfect, the game doesn't overstay its welcome and the game doesn't feel bloated or has any filler whatsoever.

The story is WOW. I think this is the best example of "Art Violence". I mean, here you have a "16-bit" game doing violence in such a way that makes you feel... gross and queasy. I mean, that's an accomplishment for freaking pixel art! And I didn't feel like it felt it was doing this violence for cheap thrills. It all felt apart of the very mature/disturbing story it was trying to tell.

It's a great gaming "experience". It's a perfect example of why games don't need to be about "dollar per hours of game play" or things like that. As weird as this sounds: Katana ZERO is the best "video game art" I've played in a long time. The game play reasons for dying and retrying are connected beautifully into the game's story and presentation. Everything in its design is purposeful.

I honestly can't think of anything about the game I didn't like. Probably the violence. It was intense. But like I said, it was integral to the game's artistic experience, so it worked. It's honestly the first M-rated game I've finished since The Last of Us on PS3.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting Bloodstained for Switch because that's where I got Curse of the Moon and portability. Graphics usually don't bother me that much.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Shame about the reports of a bad Bloodstained port. I was looking forward to playing it. Oh, well. I guess this frees up $40 for me. CTR or TSR?