• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E3 2019 Switch release suprises:

• Cadence of Hyrule

Votes: 403 56.1%
  • My Friend Pedro

Votes: 86 12.0%
  • Shovel Knight: King of Cards

Votes: 109 15.2%
  • CrossCode

Votes: 98 13.6%
  • SNES - Nintendo Switch Online

Votes: 255 35.5%
  • Mother 3

Votes: 153 21.3%
  • Other (Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition, A Hat in Time, Forager, Virtua Racing, more)

Votes: 96 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's E3 presser gonna be like

tenor.gif

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
When it comes to Nintendo and Cadence of Hyrule, always bet on the higher price. Always. At least if it's lower than you're expecting it to be, it'll be a nice surprise.

Remember, this is the same company who thought it was a good idea to release a $50 sushi-matching puzzler right after Zelda and right before Mario last year. lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
When it comes to Nintendo and Cadence of Hyrule, always bet on the higher price. Always. At least if it's lower than you're expecting it to be, it'll be a nice surprise.

Remember, this is the same company who thought it was a good idea to release a $50 sushi-matching puzzler right after Zelda and right before Mario last year. lol

honestly baffles me that people are ok with some of these prices. Like I love my Switch (probably my most played system this year) but yeesh.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
honestly baffles me that people are ok with some of these prices. Like I love my Switch (probably my most played system this year) but yeesh.
Switch tax is real.

I was never much of a portable gamer in the past. But buying the Switch on a whim really opened my eyes to the convenience of being able to play games and watch tv at the same time! And it's nice not to feel chained to the television when playing a long-ass RPG.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Hob. It's a pretty good game and Zelda clone (Alundra is still the best). Not exactly amazing or mind blowing.

It's been a while since I've finished games. It feels nice to actually finish games you've bought. LOL.

I'm probably going to put BOTW on hold again and try to finish Shovel Knight before Bloodstained drops.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Is CrossCode being rumored for a surprise release? I was only counting on Cadence of Hyrule.
Not that I've seen, but it 100% in my heart :P

Also, been clearing out my backlog lately (beat Gato Roboto, Steamworld Quest and Read Only Memories so far this month) and I decided to get back to World of Final Fantasy yesterday.

What a fun little game; other than some dungeons being a bit long and repetitive (which was the reason I think I dropped it), I love the battle system and the fast-forward features in and out of battle make it snappy as hell. Difficulty is very forgiving too which I appreciate. I'll be recommending it next time it goes on sale for sure (I got it when it was 50% off).

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Not sure if I get this new voucher thing. Aren't there in the list games that are cheaper than 60 bucks? Then you could in theory buy 2 games and don't get any real discount?

Thinking of getting the vouchers for Mario maker and something else but so far I'm not sure there's anything coming I will 100% want to buy at full price. Couldn't they just have sold this as a a 20% discount voucher?

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Not sure if I get this new voucher thing. Aren't there in the list games that are cheaper than 60 bucks? Then you could in theory buy 2 games and don't get any real discount?

Thinking of getting the vouchers for Mario maker and something else but so far I'm not sure there's anything coming I will 100% want to buy at full price. Couldn't they just have sold this as a a 20% discount voucher?
Yeah, I've seen the Let's Go games and 1-2-Switch on sale for less than half the cost of the voucher so I wouldn't buy them for those games. The best value is probably using them for brand-new games you can't easily get for under $60.
I assume the reason this isn't a simple discount voucher is simply that they want you to buy multiple games.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone, has My Time at Portia improved post-patch? How's the performance now? Edit: Did some digging, seems it's still not up to par.

Last edited:

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
Timespinner should annoy me for how shamelessly it copies the look of the Igavanias (check out the UI, the fonts - everything is identical!) but I'm just so delighted to be playing it I don't care. This and Slay the Spire weren't exactly cheap but certainly two solid buys this week.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Just finished Hob. It's a pretty good game and Zelda clone (Alundra is still the best). Not exactly amazing or mind blowing.

It's been a while since I've finished games. It feels nice to actually finish games you've bought. LOL.

I'm probably going to put BOTW on hold again and try to finish Shovel Knight before Bloodstained drops.

Didn't even realize this got ported to Switch but it always looked fun to me. How long did it take you to finish?

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
That's exactly what I'm thinking. On the one hand the reviews are all glowing and the impressions in this thread are super positive. But when I watch the trailer...it looks a bit crap.
The presentation isn't exactly top-notch, and there's some stuttering and crashes (totally inconsequential, given the autosaving and turn-based combat), but the gameplay itself is wonderfully strategic and engrossing.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Stories : the Path of Destinies the last few days and I have to say, this is a pretty good game. Love that there are 27 total 'endings'. The narrator is great and the writing is decent.

Combat is simple but at times very engaging depending on the path you choose. Also your gear and weapons accumulate through each play through.

The game is effectively a choose your own adventure that opens up more and more as you progress and learn things about the world. Choices affect the final outcome and I look forward to getting all the endings good or bad.

Really enjoying this so far and thinking it may lead me to get Omensight the studios second game

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Perhaps it's not relevant, but seeing CrossCode included within Gamepass for PC from today, but not for Xbox One, has me doubting the possibility of us seeing a Switch shadow-drop on Tuesday.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thoughts on Slay The Spire after a few hours with each class.

This is.... okay. It's not bad, it's solid. I love collectable card games, i adore single-player card-battle RPG games, I am super on board for roguelike anything and yet so far this game just hasn't really grabbed me.

First off, automatic deductions for having the enemy play by its own opaque rules and systems. I'm not saying it can't work but I just find it intellectually less satisfying than when the AI is using a deck of cards and playing by the same rules.

Second, this presentation both visually and sonically leaves a lot to be desired. It's competent but bland, especially in-battle. Some of the illustrations are nice but they don't really have much... personality? It's fine, it's serviceable, it's just not a way in for me, it's not a hook. Neither is the lore, neither is the music.

The biggest issue for me, though, is that this game feels a hell of a lot like another game I already played a shitload of hours of, Night Of The Full Moon.

The combat systems between the two games are very similar but NOTFM plays better and faster with enemies using their own special unique decks consisting of cards it is possible for you to acquire for yourself some time, some run, some day.

Spire is harder, it's a true roguelike. You don't get to try the battle again if you fail like in NOTFM. On the other hand, you can still totally get stuck in NOTFM and have to abandon a run. So that's definitely a plus or minus depending on what you are looking for.

Night of the Full Moon is $1 on Android and iOS woth no ads or MTX (unless you count the meaty, singular $1 expansion). Sometimes it's free. Slay the Spire is $25 on Switch. If you're interested in Slay The Spire, especially in some of its card mechanics, check out Night of the Full Moon as a concept demo if nothing else.

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I get reminded of The Messenger it hurts all over again. Especially since it was the idea of the second half that sounded appealing to me but the reality was not what I'd hoped. Good on them with the free DLC though.

Hey I've just finished Katana Zero and it was alright. I didn't find it too short like a lot of people seemed to because to be honest it has so few ideas that I was starting to lose interest as it was. Beautiful, worth the price, probably forgotten in a month.

bender

Oct 27, 2017
I've not played many card battle games and the few videos I watched of Slay the Spire (mainly the GB Quick Look) really didn't make the game seem appealing, but I decided to give it a whirl thanks the the positive word of mouth in this thread and I'm immediately hooked. Stacking poison damage in today's daily is so satisfying.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've not played many card battle games and the few videos I watched of Slay the Spire (mainly the GB Quick Look) really didn't make the game seem appealing, but I decided to give it a whirl thanks the the positive word of mouth in this thread and I'm immediately hooked. Stacking poison damage in today's daily is so satisfying.

If you like card battle gameplay make sure to pick up Steamworld Quest.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
if the E3 sale is a bust Ill probably end up picking up the mega man collections, even with the shit discount >_>

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Glad that the Messenger DLC has a date. I liked the main game, but yeah the second half didn't work as well as it could have. Still, I enjoyed the main gameplay so I'll definitely play the DLC.

Meanwhile, I still am working through Gunlord X which continues to be fantastic. Only issue I have with enemies attacking me off screen rarely. But otherwise its the Turrican sequel I always wanted.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 10 - Bullet Battle: Evolution - Troooze - €14.99 - 586 MB *EU*
    --
  • 11 - Battle Worlds: Kronos - King Art/THQ Nordic - $29.99/€29.99 - 2.4 GB
  • 11 - E3 Surprises?
    --
  • 13 - Radiation City - Atypical Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 4.7 GB
  • 13 - Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry - Assemble Ent. - $39.99/€39.99 (Preorder sale: €33.99) - 1.6 GB
  • 13 - Please: Don't Touch Anything: Classic - ForwarXP - $4.99 - 66 MB
  • 13 - Enchanted in the Moonlight: Miyabi, Kyoga & Samon - Voltage - $19.99 - 905 MB
  • 13 - Enchanted in the Moonlight: Kiryu, Chikage & Yukinojo - Voltage - $19.99 - 908 MB
  • 13 - PlataGO! Super Platform Game Maker - Super Icon/PQube - $19.99/€19.99 - 418 MB
  • 13 - Phantom Doctrine - Forever Ent. - $19.99 (Preorder sale: €13.19 if you own a Forever Ent. game) - 6.5 GB *EU*
    --
  • 14 - Verlet Swing - Digerati - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.1 GB
  • 14 - Vosaria: Lair of the Forgotten - Johnny Ostad - $4.99/€4.99 - 61 MB
  • 14 - Dead Dungeon - Drageus - $4.99/€4.99 - 178 MB
  • 14 - Demolition Crew - xirBX - €2.00 - 50 MB
  • 14 - World End Syndrome - Arc System Works/Pqube - €49.99 - 4.8 GB *EU*

- Japan
  • 13 - Radirgy Swag - RS34 - ¥2,000
  • 13 - Doraemon: Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari - Bandai Namco Games - ¥6,588
  • 13 - Yumeutsutsu Re:Master - Kogado Studio - ¥7,344
  • 13 - Super Real Mahjong P7 - Mighty Craft - ¥2,480

and I'm out until tomorrow night.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm around halfway through Time Spinner now. At first I wasn't too enamoured by it, but it's starting to grow on me the further I get into it. Unlocking fast travel cheered me up significantly!

I still think the level design is a bit blah, though.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for Cadence.

When are they putting up the eshops sales? Tomorrow?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Every time I get reminded of The Messenger it hurts all over again. Especially since it was the idea of the second half that sounded appealing to me but the reality was not what I'd hoped. Good on them with the free DLC though.

Oh bud, preach.

I actually loaded it up yesterday after seeing the DLC announcement and nope. I had only got two keys.
I will try the DLC though.
I hope you don't have to finish the game to play the DLC.