• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E3 2019 Switch release suprises:

• Cadence of Hyrule

Votes: 403 56.1%
  • My Friend Pedro

Votes: 86 12.0%
  • Shovel Knight: King of Cards

Votes: 109 15.2%
  • CrossCode

Votes: 98 13.6%
  • SNES - Nintendo Switch Online

Votes: 255 35.5%
  • Mother 3

Votes: 153 21.3%
  • Other (Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition, A Hat in Time, Forager, Virtua Racing, more)

Votes: 96 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
We still don't have a price for Cadence yet, right?

I hope it's $15 b/c that's how much I have in my eShop account, might wait for a sale otherwise

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I do try not to be too cynical about eshop pricing but how on earth did they arrive at £20 for Dandy Dungeon.
Gotta slap an exorbitant price-tag on it now so the inevitable 75% off sale looks more impressive than it really is. ;)
I wouldn't expect that tactic from Onion Games. They are more of a boutique indie developer with stuff like Black Bird, not some two bit crap factory. $20 definitely seems like a lot though. I'm not sure how much you could end up dropping in the mobile version, so maybe it balances out.

I know it's kinda silly to drag this back out from the start of the thread, but I got a kick out of the pre-purchase "discount" they're doing now:

I6HviHq_d.jpg

lol

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Not directly eshop related, but... I remember liking Sushi Striker. Just not $50 like with all on my plate at the time. So last week when I saw the physical version available for $12, I caved. I'm glad I did. The game is odd, but that's certainly part of its charm. There's been a million topics on its price, but it is a shame Nintendo went that route as underneath that is a really neat and unique game that I've enjoyed.

Ah E3, the best of times and the worst of times. Great to see so many new games announced. Annoying to see all the assholes pop out to piss on things they have no interest in...

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
Y'all probably know this already, but Sundered is good. Like real good. Like it's scartching that Hollow Knight itch good but it's also it's own thing and the aesthetic and story are kind of crazy and disturbing and I love it. The upgrade tree is one of the coolest things I've seen in a Meteoidvania in a long time and the horde mechanic is actually kind of brilliant once you understand how to manage it. Super high recommendation from me.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I chose "other" in the poll and Last Remnant makes me automatically correct regardless of what Nintendo announces tomorrow.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Last Remnant is nice, although I won't go near it until I read more about its performance. I mean, it was pretty infamous for performance issues back in the 360.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cadence got a price in the shop, $25

I wonder if they'll shadowdrop it or if it'll be preorder only

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really shadowdropping if it is listed in the shop with a price and coming out this month?
Well yes. The release has been "June 2019" for some time now. There are barely three weeks left in June. There's no way they wouldn't list a specific date at this point unless it was going to be released tomorrow during the Nintendo presser. The eshop listing is very, very recent.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Not directly eshop related, but... I remember liking Sushi Striker. Just not $50 like with all on my plate at the time. So last week when I saw the physical version available for $12, I caved. I'm glad I did. The game is odd, but that's certainly part of its charm. There's been a million topics on its price, but it is a shame Nintendo went that route as underneath that is a really neat and unique game that I've enjoyed.

Ah E3, the best of times and the worst of times. Great to see so many new games announced. Annoying to see all the assholes pop out to piss on things they have no interest in...

Holy cheese nuts, I had no idea the physical version of Sushi Striker had dropped so low (since I'm all-digital on Switch and have no reason to look at retail prices anymore). It's $17 brand new on Amazon right now. Makes the complete absence of an eShop sale over the past year even more nonsensical. lol

I have a good feeling we'll finally see that discount for it today though, but a bad feeling it'll be too little, too late, in typical Nintendo fashion for their lesser-selling titles.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the World Next Door. Fun little game. A bit on the short side, but fun gameplay and I really liked the art style.

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not a fan of Neptunia games - I think I've only played the intro to one or two of their visual novels.

However... I will be Day 1'ing Super NepNep RPG.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Might check it out, the character designs are definitely something that caught my interest early on
It's only about 5 or 6 hours long. It's a combination of visual novel and town/dungeon exploration with some puzzles and bosses thrown in. The combat is pretty unique and revolves around matching floor symbols in patterns of three or more as you move around the board to cast various attack and healing spells. I had fun with it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely on my radar, but $49 is a little hard to swallow.

Especially when its 35 on Steam.

Theres a few new sales on the EU shop btw, nothing major but a couple caught my eye because i have been eyeing them on PC.

Candle is 4.99 (75% off) and Masters of Anima is 7.99 (60% off). Theres a couple more but the rest are what I cann "bundle fodder".

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
The store description for A Duel Hand Disaster: Trackher feels like it was written by someone who just did a lot of cocaine:

CAPITAL LIST LEADHERBOARDS - The primary goal is to get a high score, however the only way to keep your score is to extract with it. You cannot play till death. If you die, not only do you wipe your current score, you risk the chance of wiping your leaderboard position as well. How do you ask? The lower your health the higher the bonus the greater the risk. Every time you extract your score is marked. Why you ask? Why not?

SPLIT SCREEN SINGLE PLAYER TWIN STICK RISK 'EM UP - You will be controlling two ships simultaneously. The devil is in the details. The left side is invincible, however shooting and moving consumes your LINK. In order to restore it you must recover MATERIAL on the right side. MATERIAL multiplies your overall score so use it with absolute discretion. On the right side you are recovering resources and will need 12 PARTS to extract and mark your leaderboard position. Don't doubt yourself. Push yourself. You will be rewarded and you will be tested.

I know it's kinda silly to drag this back out from the start of the thread, but I got a kick out of the pre-purchase "discount" they're doing now:

I6HviHq_d.jpg

lol
A far cry from 75% off, so I guess we're both wrong.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna get Dandy Dungeon because I remember Tim Rogers mentioning that he did the localization for that game.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have opinions on Hob? I downloaded the demo and played for a bit. Seems like a charming little game.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Any quick last-minute Direct predictions/hopes/dreams that you guys want to see fulfilled (and then inevitably shattered)?

I'll be doing as I've done for the past decade, foolishly hoping for an F-Zero revival. I'd also take a new Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven, or WarioWare. Or for the new Fire Emblem to suddenly look more appealing.

None of these will actually happen, of course. :)

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Holy cheese nuts, I had no idea the physical version of Sushi Striker had dropped so low (since I'm all-digital on Switch and have no reason to look at retail prices anymore). It's $17 brand new on Amazon right now. Makes the complete absence of an eShop sale over the past year even more nonsensical. lol

I have a good feeling we'll finally see that discount for it today though, but a bad feeling it'll be too little, too late, in typical Nintendo fashion for their lesser-selling titles.
Yeah, I would prefer digital especially for a game like this, but I assumed Nintendo's discount wouldn't come close to Newegg's sale. Following CAG and Wario64 on Twitter is a dual edge sword...

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Any quick last-minute Direct predictions/hopes/dreams that you guys want to see fulfilled (and then inevitably shattered)?

I'll be doing as I've done for the past decade, foolishly hoping for an F-Zero revival. I'd also take a new Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven, or WarioWare. Or for the new Fire Emblem to suddenly look more appealing.

None of these will actually happen, of course. :)

I'm honestly not expecting new game announcements, just updates on previously announced titles. And I'm fine with it, because I have a small list of HUGE games I'm yet to buy and play (BOTW being the most notable one).

I would really, really love to see something from Monolith, but I'm not expecting it, I think it's too early.

EDIT: Let me rephrase that, I think there will be minor announcements from Nintendo and maybe interesting third party stuff, but I'm not expecting new games in big Nintendo franchises.

Last edited:

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
I'm honestly not expecting new game announcements, just updates on previously announced titles. And I'm fine with it, because I have a small list of HUGE games I'm yet to buy and play (BOTW being the most notable one).

I would really, really love to see something from Monolith, but I'm not expecting it, I think it's too early.

I'm pretty sure there will be games announcements.
Maybe not what people want, maybe not releasing this year, but still.