• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E3 2019 Switch release suprises:

• Cadence of Hyrule

Votes: 403 56.1%
  • My Friend Pedro

Votes: 86 12.0%
  • Shovel Knight: King of Cards

Votes: 109 15.2%
  • CrossCode

Votes: 98 13.6%
  • SNES - Nintendo Switch Online

Votes: 255 35.5%
  • Mother 3

Votes: 153 21.3%
  • Other (Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition, A Hat in Time, Forager, Virtua Racing, more)

Votes: 96 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif
Hahaha, that's about the consensus on that game. I bought it on the recommendations like the one you quoted, didn't like. I'm a huge fan of the SNES-PSX era Final Fantasy games. World didn't do it for me, but it did for a lot people!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Flex Seal Guy: "Now THAT'S a lotta damage savings!"

Man, if this wasn't a 30+ GB download I'd be all over this. I'm wondering if this is a price error since the game hasn't even been out for a year yet and the 20th Anniversary Edition is also on sale for $33. [EDIT: Also on sale for $3 on PS4/XONE, so I'm ruling out a price error. lol] You know what? Screw it. I'll probably just grab it now just to have a cheap basketball game in the future when I upgrade my SD card. Why not.

Also am flabbergasted yet again at the no-show for Sushi Striker. Like, c'mon, Ninty. I don't even want the damn game. I'm just perplexed why they continue to ignore it time and time again after it barely made a blip when it released. So weird...

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's no price error, nba 2k19 is that price across all platforms.

I am a little surprised they didn't put some kid of switch tax on it. It is by far the worst version of the game, especially if you want to play MyPlayer because you pretty much always have to be connected online anyway, so it's not like you can play it remote.

Oct 29, 2017

Flex Seal Guy: "Now THAT'S a lotta damage savings!"

Man, if this wasn't a 30+ GB download I'd be all over this. I'm wondering if this is a price error since the game hasn't even been out for a year yet and the 20th Anniversary Edition is also on sale for $33. [EDIT: Also on sale for $3 on PS4/XONE, so I'm ruling out a price error. lol] You know what? Screw it. I'll probably just grab it now just to have a cheap basketball game in the future when I upgrade my SD card. Why not.

Also am flabbergasted yet again at the no-show for Sushi Striker. Like, c'mon, Ninty. I don't even want the damn game. I'm just perplexed why they continue to ignore it time and time again after it barely made a blip when it released. So weird...

That has to be a pricing error. Bought.

Edit: Huh, it's not. PlayStation themselves tweeted saying it is indeed $2.99. Wow.

What's interesting is that I seem to also have the anniversary edition available to download and i definitely only bought the standard edition.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
If seems like the Nintendo page on the sale doesn't have everything that is on sale?

Like I didn't see Zodiac Age on there but it is $40 right now.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It still bugs me that capcom doesn't drop the retail price on the eshop when it does on physical editions. Like no, Monster Hunter is not 50% off, it's 25% off.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I beat World of Final Fantasy yesterday and mostly enjoyed it, though some fights were very very long and annoying towards the end, and I thought a couple of dungeons dragged a bit longer than I would've liked. Still enjoyed my time with the game though, and it was 100% worth the price (I also got it half off on sale a while ago)

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Also, crossing my fingers we see CrossCode on treehouse D3. I'd really like to play that sooner rather than later. Please don't tell me it's coming in September or I may have to take out a loan that month.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'm thinking on getting it but I also want to get Cadence and Hollow Knight and Celeste as the last two are on sale 😭😭😭

Which one (or two) should I choose? 🤔

Just going strictly from a cash-saving perspective to maybe help you prioritize a bit:

Cuphead: First sale, and small. There'll be other bigger ones for it in the future.
Cadence of Hyrule: Brand new game featuring a popular Nintendo franchise. Don't expect a sale until the holidays, at the earliest.
Hollow Knight: Third time it's been on sale (US eShop) since it released a year ago, and the cheapest it's been.
Celeste: Fourth time it's been on sale (US eShop) in the past 7 months. Same sale price as it was a few months ago.

Hollow Knight is arguably the safest pick-up of the lot since it's the cheapest, goes on sale infrequently, and can take many dozens of hours to finish, so it's probably the best bang-for-your-buck from a play-time standpoint.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking for your thoughts on the best games to pick up from the current Switch Eshop sale. Let's say 5 games?

I already own,

Mario Odyssey
Dark Souls
Mario Kart
Undertale

I don't care for Rouge-lites/likes(not sure which it is).

Otherwise, I'm looking to buy all the good games. I'm going live on the Switch this Summer. I'd like to hear some pros & cons or reason why the games are good too. If you have the time of course.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me why Geki Yaba is the top selling game on the eshop? What is this game and how did it get there?

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for your thoughts on the best games to pick up from the current Switch Eshop sale. Let's say 5 games?

I already own,

Mario Odyssey
Dark Souls
Mario Kart
Undertale

I don't care for Rouge-lites/likes(not sure which it is).

Otherwise, I'm looking to buy all the good games. I'm going live on the Switch this Summer. I'd like to hear some pros & cons or reason why the games are good too. If you have the time of course.
From the list of E3 sales, my favorites... Hollow Knight is a no brainer if you like 2D Metroidvania's crossed with Dark Souls. Mario & Rabbids is one of my favorite Switch games if you like the idea of a XCom-lite. It is easier than XCom, but that's not a bad thing and the focus on moment makes the game its own thing. Celeste is a great tough-as-nails platformer. I'm not a huge fan of this genre, but I still really enjoyed the game. I don't see BotW on your list, but if you are a Zelda fan and never played Okami, now's the best reason ever to do so.

Considering Starlink and Donkey Kong. Is the deluxe version worth the extra $10?
I don't have Starlink Deluxe so it's hard to say other than it's unneeded. But do you plan to mainly play as Starfox in the Arwing (as I do)? Then it's not.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Was all prepared to drop a ton on games for e3 and yet nothing worth it that I don't already have this year.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
How's Unravel Two? Seems like a good sale. File size is sorta huge but this seems like a great game to play with my SO.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great sale today although I already own most of the best stuff in it. Ended up grabbing Contra Collection, FF7 and Cadence.

Btw buy Necrodancer too, you monsters.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking on getting it but I also want to get Cadence and Hollow Knight and Celeste as the last two are on sale 😭😭😭

Which one (or two) should I choose? 🤔

Hollow Knight and Cuphead.

How's Unravel Two? Seems like a good sale. File size is sorta huge but this seems like a great game to play with my SO.

It's the most wholesome game ever made, now in co-op. It's very accessible too.

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
The eshop sale acted as an enabler for my nostalgia and I bought Final Fantasy VII. Might grab Necrodancer too since it's so cheap.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
During my first few runs of Slay the Spire I thought it was pretty good. Then something clicked during another run and I realized just how much control you actually have over what's going on and also how much you can actually predict and plan for by keeping track of your deck and discard pile, knowing when to trigger reshuffling, etc. Now I'm completely hooked. I've stuck with Ironclad so far so I'm really excited to dig into the other two characters.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017

It's a great co-op game. It runs fine on Switch and even lets you choose between a graphics and performance mode.

And should things get too difficult for either you or your partner it lets one character cling to the other so that only one player needs to finish a hard part.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
A 400GB card and the $2.99 price tag forced me to buy NBA 2K19.

I don't even like modern basketball games.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I grabbed Necrodancer since it was so cheap. I don't think this game is for me. I'm not that good at it, but even when I'm in a rhythm it's just not fun. I'll give it another try, but the first impression wasn't great. At least it was really cheap.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
For $3 in gold coins I couldn't resist getting NBA2k .

I'll play a couple games and get my 'money's' worth.

But looking through the sale and then what's installed and then looking ahead, I don't think I should buy anything else for a bit.

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Think I'm in for:

Final Fantasy 7 - the remake stuff and patched version of this make me wanna go in again. Maybe a long burn play through
Ace Attorney Collection - never finished them, and played a few minutes of the first. only hear good things.

Not an amazing discount on these but enough to be interested. Backlog is huge atm though still. Might pass on 7 for now and catch it next sale. How long are the Ace Attorney titles generally?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So torn on FF7.

Still only 20 hours into Octopath...I know I'll drop Octopath so fast if I get it...but I mean I can always go back to Octopath.

Ahhhh

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, Best Buy and Amazon price matched a lot of the sales on digital codes.

3rd party seller codes always redeem as full price, so you get more coins back.

NecroDancer doesn't seem to be in any of the stores unfortunately

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Timespinner in a little over 10 hours and got one of the couple of endings available. I wasn't really feeling it at first but it quickly grew on me as time went on.

I have a few gripes with the game like the game being much too easy (there's an unlockable hard mode once you finish it, though), the time stopping mechanic being an afterthought and the story kind of just petering out (the side quests are great, however) but when it's all said and done, it wound up being one of the better Metroidvania's on the Switch. Definitely worth a playthrough if you're in the market for a good Metroidvania, especially for those who also love SOTN.