• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure baba is you could have a more annoying and less appealing name.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see it in the OP, but The World Next Door, the first game from Viz Media is dropping March 28th. I've been looking forward to it for a while.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Grabbed some Switch footage Bard's Gold. Didn't realize it was coming to Switch next week.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Unfortunately Double Cross just got a sale in January according to what I've read (or maybe that was when it came out IDK) so it's unlikely to go on sale again soon, and I'm not paying $25 CAD plus tax on it, so into the wishlist it goes.

Teslagrad... eh. I want it but honestly the only reason I'm even thinking of buying anything new right now is because I had some surplus store credit from my EB Games after paying off my pre-order for Sekiro. Put a gun to my head and I'll eventually grab it, but then again I have been ignoring Wargroove this whole time.

I also got spoiled on the ending of Liar Princess by accident so I kinda lost motivation to play it right at this moment. Thank you for the write up though.

No problem. I know it's only March, but Liar Princess is easily my favorite Switch game of the year so far and I'm happy to talk it up. I loved it. Sorry to hear you got spoiled on the ending, but the journey leading up to that ending is one well worth traveling. ;)

And you're right about Double Cross; there was indeed a launch sale for it. But Runbow had an early bird discount and was then slashed to 50% off a mere few months later so I wouldn't be surprised if the former follows a similar pattern.

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
ToeJam & Earl, FF7 and Ape Out are all on my radar, though I'll hold off until I finish Steins;Gate Elite. But then my import Ace Attorney Trilogy arrived in the mail today, and Yoshi is at the end of the month...too many games!

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Fixed some issues on the OP and added The World Next Door to the Anticipated Releases.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Dammit, looks like Double Cross was just on sale in January, and Teslagrad doesn't seem to ever go on sale.

IDK Teslagrad interests me the most of every game on my wishlist. Anyone want to sell me on it?

Teslagrad is great. It has very clever puzzles, interesting story, great style and graphics. It is quite short but it is also hard. I think it is very underrated game. One of the best metroidvania type games.

Edit: sorry for dp. .

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
tolkir when SEGA inevitably delays the SEGA AGES games indefinitely after highlighting them in the previous month's thread title:

h47DD8F79

I'll never list a Sega Ages game again until see the day and time of the release.
It was announced Gain Ground and Puyo Puyo. We got Alex Kidd... in Japan.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I have nothing but good things to say about Ape Out so far. It's a very frenzied, fast-paced game. It's very focused and minimalist, yet with a very ambitious style that factors into the game in creative ways. Also, it's often possible to skip combat, and that feels satisfying in its own way.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks again for all the work and dedication creating these threads, tolkir .

I love how they have evolved with new features.

From all the new additions, my favorite one is the summary with all the new sales each week on the European eShop.

Specially, because the list is including the discounted DLCs. Something that it's impossible to notice by navigating the eShop.

Plus a list of the new DLCs, other thing that Nintendo is not including in the new releases section of the eShop.

tolkir does what Nintendont ™

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in hearing more Ape Out impressions. I may buy that one tonight or tomorrow.

Fwiw I'm loving it so far.

Don't know if it was mentioned last thread or not, but the original Pillars of Eternity is coming to Switch:

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...ces-pillars-of-eternity-for-switch-reconfirms

As well as Into the Dead 2:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8VavEAH3ec
Pillars 1? Hell yeah, day one! Between this and the Infinity Engine games, this is going to be amazing. Now I want the Shadowrun trilogy. I know - I'm never satisfied.

This month, I've already preordered TJ&E.

For the test of the month, Imma grab FFVII and two of the following:

The Caligula Effect
Yoshi
Chocobo Mystery Dungeon
Preorder FF XII (to free up money for April/May)

Epilexia I know you like a good Shiren-like. Do you have any experience of the Wii version of Chocobo?

Patch13

Oct 27, 2017
New England
Not sure baba is you could have a more annoying and less appealing name.

And yet the name perfectly summarizes what the game is about: directly manipulating the properties of objects in the game. It's a cool little game, with a stripped down aesthetic and a lot of neat variations on the central puzzle.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the Ape Out Quick Look and yeah, I'm totally in.

Does this have a Digital Devolver discount? Not near my Switch at the moment to check.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
Go get Sword & Soldiers II: Shawarmageddon, touch controls are also awesome!

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I can grab some handheld footage of Caligula Effort, if you want, tomorrow.

That would be great, thanks!

Grabbed some Switch footage Bard's Gold. Didn't realize it was coming to Switch next week.

... and this looks pretty interesting. It reminds me of some old NES games, like Milon's Secret Castle. Thanks for sharing it.

Pillars 1? Hell yeah, day one! Between this and the Infinity Engine games, this is going to be amazing. Now I want the Shadowrun trilogy. I know - I'm never satisfied.

I'm also happy that Pillars 1 is coming, the second game is probably better but I want to start with the first game.

By the way, you ended up buying the Sega Genesis Collection a while ago, right? Are you enjoying it? It's on sale on Europe and if the sale hits America I might get it. I know it's not perfect, but I'm mostly worried about the lag some people reported (though I'll probably play the hell out of Shining Force and the Phantasy Star games, where lag isn't a big issue).

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, you ended up buying the Sega Genesis Collection a while ago, right? Are you enjoying it? It's on sale on Europe and if the sale hits America I might get it. I know it's not perfect, but I'm mostly worried about the lag some people reported (though I'll probably play the hell out of Shining Force and the Phantasy Star games, where lag isn't a big issue).
Have to be honest, I haven't played more than a couple of minutes, lol. I would offer to check it out for you, but I'm really not sensitive to lag, so there's very little value in my observations!

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Another month of absolutely nothing for me. Sucks but what can you do. I'll be back the end of April with Dragon's Dogma and FFXII.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Suddenly became aware of Farm Together and like the look of it. What's the Era consensus? Can people play in your farm when you aren't online?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Motorsport Manager:

motorsport-1.original.jpg

Below are the latest features, including exclusive Nintendo Switch content:

• 20 UNIQUE CIRCUITS AND 65 TRACK LAYOUTS: Including a brand new Nintendo Switch™ exclusive circuit in New Zealand, as well as a night race in Singapore.
  • EXPANSIVE TEAM CUSTOMISATION: Hire drivers, develop cars and invest in infrastructure to achieve the perfect qualifying lap.
  • STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT GAMEPLAY: Formulate the ideal pit-stop plan to win races and watch the race in real-time or jump into the strategy screens to take control of the action.
  • GRAPHICAL ENHANCEMENTS: Experience the game with higher resolution artwork and 3D cars, exclusive to Nintendo Switch.
  • GAME EDITOR: Included for Nintendo Switch, the Game Editor allows players to fully customise the world of Motorsport Manager, from teams down to engineers.

I've tweeted to ask if based on PC or Mobile Version.

Moto Rush GT:

controls-v1.original.jpg

- Over 100 levels!
- 12 bikes that can be customized, changed and recolored!
- Endless racing experience!
- Optional Nintendo Toy-Con support – play with your LABO!
- 60fps and fast-paced gameplay!
- Race against time, ghost opponents or try various challenges!
- Tilt support – play by rotating your console!
- 4 different modes balanced for both adults and kids!
- Weather and day-night cycle effects: night, rain and storms!
- Inspired by arcade culture games and six-generation era racers!

Pull out your Labo Bikes, people!

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
@Epilexia I know you like a good Shiren-like. Do you have any experience of the Wii version of Chocobo?

I only played the first couple of floors in the Wii version, because I prefer my Japanese roguelikes in a portable console.

From what I played yeah, it's a true Japanese roguelike in a Chunsoft fashion, so this is an essential purchase.

Plus the game was developed by h.a.n.d. Inc. and I'm enjoying a lot of 'Gabbuchi', its recent puzzle platformer in the eShop.

Currently, these are the only Chunsoft inspired roguelikes available in the eShop:

- Dragon Fang Z
- Touhou Genso Wanderer -Reloaded-
- Alchemic Dungeons DX
- Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!

Because I consider 'Tangledeep' more into a western tradition than into a Chunsoft one.

And 'Yodanji' and 'A Magical High School Girl', the other two Japanese roguelikes, differ enough from the traditional Chunsoft layout.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been contemplating buying Starlink since it's on sale. From what I've played, I know I will enjoy the core gameplay but I fear it's gonna be like every other Ubisoft game where I grow tired of the repetitiveness a few hours in. What do. I might just wait for an even steeper pricecut down the line but the Star Fox content is just....
lawd.png

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I only played the first couple of floors in the Wii version, because I prefer my Japanese roguelikes in a portable console.

From what I played yeah, it's a true Japanese roguelike in a Chunsoft fashion, so this is an essential purchase.

Plus the game was developed by h.a.n.d. Inc. and I'm enjoying a lot of 'Gabbuchi', its recent puzzle platformer in the eShop.

Currently, these are the only Chunsoft inspired roguelikes available in the eShop:

- Dragon Fang Z
- Touhou Genso Wanderer -Reloaded-
- Alchemic Dungeons DX
- Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!

Because I consider 'Tangledeep' more into a western tradition than into a Chunsoft one.

And 'Yodanji' and 'A Magical High School Girl', the other two Japanese roguelikes, differ enough from the traditional Chunsoft layout.
Cheers - I knew I could count on you to ensure something goes on my wishlist!

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
From all the new additions, my favorite one is the summary with all the new sales each week on the European eShop.

Specially, because the list is including the discounted DLCs. Something that it's impossible to notice by navigating the eShop.

Plus a list of the new DLCs, other thing that Nintendo is not including in the new releases section of the eShop.

tolkir does what Nintendont ™
Indeed, very hard to keep track of DLC otherwise!

Was thinking of grabbing the FX3 Bethesda Pinball pack (-50%).

Last edited:

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Thinking of pulling the trigger on Tardy. On sale for $5 and just released, point n click sci-fi adventure, seems like it could be worth it!

I've been contemplating buying Starlink since it's on sale. From what I've played, I know I will enjoy the core gameplay but I fear it's gonna be like every other Ubisoft game where I grow tired of the repetitiveness a few hours in. What do. I might just wait for an even steeper pricecut down the line but the Star Fox content is just....
lawd.png

What's the price on it now? I have it digitally so it doeesn't list the price. I'd say get it now if the discount is nice and play on hard to give you challenge. That way when the new stuff is out, you are ready for it!

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the price on it now? I have it digitally so it doeesn't list the price. I'd say get it now if the discount is nice and play on hard to give you challenge. That way when the new stuff is out, you are ready for it!

It's around $55/48€ for the Deluxe version or $28/25€ for the Standard Edition. I am not sure if it's really worth it to go for the Deluxe one since the Standard one already has a lot of stuff included.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
It's around $55/48€ for the Deluxe version or $28/25€ for the Standard Edition. I am not sure if it's really worth it to go for the Deluxe one since the Standard one already has a lot of stuff included.
You don't need the deluxe version. Especially if you know you grow tired of Ubigrind, you most definitely will never need ALL the pilots and ALL the ships and ALL the weapons which all just amount to more upgrade grinding. Buy the standard edition, enjoy a really cool game and the upcoming content update.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017

Interesting, didn't know Standard came with so many ships. Only one ship is NOT included? I think you might be fine with Standard. They've done 2 or 3 "trial" weekends that unlocks a character and a ship for you to try before you buy.

Though, I mained Nadir & Shaid and liked her stealth ability and the look of her ship.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You don't need the deluxe version. Especially if you know you grow tired of Ubigrind, you most definitely will never need ALL the pilots and ALL the ships and ALL the weapons which all just amount to more upgrade grinding. Buy the standard edition, enjoy a really cool game and the upcoming content update.
Interesting, didn't know Standard came with so many ships. Only one ship is NOT included? I think you might be fine with Standard. They've done 2 or 3 "trial" weekends that unlocks a character and a ship for you to try before you buy.

Though, I mained Nadir & Shaid and liked her stealth ability and the look of her ship.

giphy.gif

Perfect.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

I bought the deluxe edition when it was on sale last year because it was actually cheaper than the standard edition at the time, but I didn't realize the standard digital edition came with so much more included than the standard physical edition. Man you really really got screwed when buying the physical standard edition (unless you just wanted a toy, which I did).

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And this weekend's free trial is...

I guess this is more so for the people who have the physical since they are all in the Standard version.

That's an interesting approach of Ubisoft. But I think with the rest of the Star Fox crew coming in April, there probably won't be any need to purchase the remaining ships and pilots.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
That's an interesting approach of Ubisoft. But I think with the rest of the Star Fox crew coming in April, there probably won't be any need to purchase the remaining ships and pilots.

Did they reveal how they're doing the rest of the crew? Are they actually going to release switch-specific toys of them or is this just digital (which would also probably mean we're never getting more toys)?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of all the characters to focus on they pick Fortnite McSelfie?

In a game with a fairly bland if toyetic cast, Levi is actively awful.