• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have you played it elsewhere? How is it? Looks right up my alley.

I bought it on Steam and it's a beat em up like River City Ransom with some open world time management stuff. Like do you study to try and get better grades or do you just go beat up your rival gangs. There were a bunch of minigames,

I didn't finish it because it was buggy at the time (didn't help that my gaming computer sucks), but I loved what I played of it and said if it ever came to console I'd pick it up and finish it then. Easy day one purchase

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa has been one of my most expected game on switch since announced last year. I hoped that it would be shadowdropped after the last Nindies and was really disappointed not hearing anything about it in the video. I'm glad to see it releasing so soon!

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it on Steam and it's a beat em up like River City Ransom with some open world time management stuff. Like do you study to try and get better grades or do you just go beat up your rival gangs. There were a bunch of minigames,

I didn't finish it because it was buggy at the time (didn't help that my gaming computer sucks), but I loved what I played of it and said if it ever came to console I'd pick it up and finish it then. Easy day one purchase
Thanks! Definitely interested.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Any good builder / sim / resource management / crafting games out there on Switch? I've played Cities: Skylines, Townsmen, Kingdom: Two Crowns. Pretty much just look at a game and see numbers go up and stuff popping up eventually etc.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Any good builder / sim / resource management / crafting games out there on Switch? I've played Cities: Skylines, Townsmen, Kingdom: Two Crowns. Pretty much just look at a game and see numbers go up and stuff popping up eventually etc.
There's Constructor Plus, but I've never seen a review. The original PC game was fairly well regarded back in the day.
Does Stardew Valley count?

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
There's Constructor Plus, but I've never seen a review. The original PC game was fairly well regarded back in the day.
Does Stardew Valley count?

Ah yeah, stuff like Stardew Valley as well. Played that game to death, loved it. Really looking forward to My Time At Portia, even though the port does not seem to be the greatest. Played a bit of it on PC and was enjoying my time with it. I'll check out Constructor, cheers!

Icey

Oct 27, 2017

Farm Together is really fun but it might be better to wait for My Time At Portia as that seems to have a lot more than just farming.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Guys, I would like to recommend Battle Chasers, since it's still on sale. Very good mix of dungeon crawling and turn based battles.

The aesthetics are gorgeous, and the battle animations are very punchy and satisfying. The HD Rumble helps to convey the power of the moves. Combat is very fun and there's a lot of possibilities of synergy between moves and characters. Lots of perks, abilities, loot and crafting to mess around with.

I recommend reading the comics before delving into the game. It's not necessary, as the story is self contained, but it makes you care and appreciate the characters more as the comics show their backstories. There's only 9 issues, so it's fairly short.

Week March 28th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • The World Next Door - Rose City Games/VIZ Media - $14.99/€12.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - nWay - $19.99/€19.99 - 846 MB
  • Windscape - Headup Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.6 GB
  • She Remembered Caterpillars - Ysbryd Games - $11.99/€11.99 - 2.2 GB
  • Lyrica - Cosen - $19.99/€18.99 - 266 MB
    theworldnextdoortokkq.jpg
    powerrangersbattleformyk5i.jpg
    windscape9kjrv.jpg
    sherememberedcaterpil5ikjd.jpg
    lyricav7jh2.jpg
  • War Party - Crazy Monkey - $24.99/€24.99 - 2.1 GB
  • Final Fantasy VII - Square Enix - $15.99/€15.99 - 3.7 GB
  • Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World - Koei Tecmo Games - $59.99/€59.99 - 13.9 GB
  • Inferno Climber: Reborn - Arc System Works - $13.99 - 1.7 GB *NA*
  • The Princess Guide - NIS America - $39.99/€39.99 - 1.4 GB
    warpartyfdkqy.jpg
    finalfantasyviigbjo0.jpg
    nelkethelegendaryalchc3kl2.jpg
    infernoclimberrebornlxjpc.jpg
    theprincessguide0fkva.jpg
  • Galak-Z: The Void: Deluxe Edition - Golem Consulting - $14.99/€13.99 - 2.1 GB
  • Cel Damage HD - Finish Line Games - $9.99/€8.99 - 893 MB
  • Gems of War - 505 Games - Free-to-Play - 458 MB
  • Metagal - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99/€3.99) - 62 MB
  • Shadow Blade: Reload - Dead Mage - $9.99/€9.99 - 4.8 GB *04/03 on NA*
    galak-zi7jdg.jpg
    celdamagehdtljj6.jpg
    gemsofwarp8j3a.jpg
    metagalupj6l.jpg
    shadowbladereloadw2kwy.jpg
  • Alex Kidd in Miracle World - Master System - M2/Sega - $7.99/€6.99
  • Gain Ground - Arcade - M2/Sega - $7.99/€6.99
  • Gods Remastered - Robot Riot - $19.99/€19.99 - 676 MB
  • Armed F - Arcade - Nichibutsu/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Snow Battle Princess Sayuki - Ninja Games Japan - $15.00/€14.99 - 299 MB
    segaagesalexkiddinmirt5kzi.jpg
    segaagesgaingroundscjhn.jpg
    godsremasteredatk6f.jpg
    arcadearchivesarmedf8pk9s.jpg
    snowbattleprincesssaye0j2a.jpg
  • Yoshi's Crafted World - Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 5.3 GB
  • Ultrawings - Bit Planet Games - $19.99/€16.69 - 1.5 GB
  • Croixleur Sigma - Active Gaming Media - $19.99/€14.99 - 2.6 GB
  • Xenon Racer - Soedesco - $49.99/€49.99 - 5.2 GB
  • OMG Zombies! - Ghostlight - $4.99/€4.39 (Launch sale: $1.24/€1.09) - 316 MB
    yoshiscraftedworldm3kh3.jpg
    ultrawingsi5kmc.jpg
    croixleursigmau4kco.jpg
    xenonracerntjz6.jpg
    omgzombies8zj57.jpg
  • Fun! Fun! Animal Park - Aksys Games - $29.99 - 1.3 GB *NA*
  • Goken - Gianty - $9.99/€8.99 - 3.2 GB
  • Undead's Building - Double Drive - $5.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $4.79/€3.99) - 361 MB
  • Uni - Game Museum - $7.99/€6.99 - 120 MB
  • Moai VI: Unexpected Guests - Joindots - €16.99 - 940 MB *EU*
    funfunanimalpark4xjex.jpg
    gokenu0jha.jpg
    undeadsbuilding4rj9p.jpg
    uni1pjdi.jpg
    moaiviunexpectedguestl2jmt.jpg
  • Event Horizon - Drageus Games - $5.99/€5.99 (Launch sale: $2.99/€2.99) - 129 MB
  • Istanbul: Digital Edition - Acram - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: $15.99/€15.99) - 330 MB
  • Neon Caves - Force of Habit - $3.99/€3.99 - 30 MB
  • Inventioneers - Filimundus - $9.99/€9.99 - 245 MB
  • Airfield Mania - Sprakelsoft - $5.99/€4.99 - 177 MB
    eventhorizontckkt.jpg
    istanbuldigitaleditio6bk5f.jpg
    neoncavesnxj3b.jpg
    inventioneersmtksy.jpg
    airfieldmaniarvkyg.jpg
  • President F.net - Flyhigh Works - $4.99/€4.99 - 150 MB
    presidentf.netgzkkw.jpg

- DLCs
  • The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Telltale Games
    Episode 4 *Included with the Season Pass*

- Demos
  • Airfield Mania - Sprakelsoft
  • Super Phantom Cat - VEEWO GAMES

-Japan
  • Puyo Puyo - Arcade - M2/Sega - ¥999
  • The Demon Crystal II: Knither - Regista - ¥1,296
  • Diabolik Lovers: Chaos Lineage - Idea Factory - ¥6,804
  • Memories Off: Innocent Fille for Dearest - 5pb. - ¥7,560
  • Winning Post 9 - Koei Tecmo Games - ¥8,553
    segaagespuyopuyon5juy.jpg
    thedemoncrystaliiknitflk34.jpg
    diabolikloverschaoslipkjwz.jpg
    memoriesoffinnocentfitrkti.jpg
    winningpost9dcka4.jpg
  • Tsukue de Yakyuu - Sat-Box - ¥800
    tsukuedeyakyuulwj1v.jpg

-Late Releases
  • Musynx - PM Studios - €29.99/£26.99 *EU*

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Seems like Metagal just got a preorder discount as well.

Man, slept too long on the Wandersong sale, guess I'll wait until next time.

Can anyone here recommend the Power Rangers game? I'm tempted because my son is a huge fan but if there's no difficulty toggle I'm not sure he'll be able to play it. Also the premium package doubling the price of the game and being five bucks over the game + dlc (though it has two skins) puts me in between: I'd buy it for 20 to try it out, but missing out on the skins would trigger my OCD.

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Can anyone here recommend the Power Rangers game? I'm tempted because my son is a huge fan but if there's no difficulty toggle I'm not sure he'll be able to play it. Also the premium package doubling the price of the game and being five bucks over the game + dlc (though it has two skins) puts me in between: I'd buy it for 20 to try it out, but missing out on the skins would trigger my OCD.

Apparently, they have several seasons planned with a couple of characters each which makes it seem like the developers/publisher were extra greedy.

A Power Rangers game with only 9 characters is a really big letdown.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

As you've seen in the OT, the game is great in general with the caveats you pointed out. I generally do not play fighting games (Smash is for the museum and Street Fighter 2 is an interactive jukebox for me) and I found BFtG super easy to grasp, in fact it was the first time I actually grasped how the setup of a tag-in fighting game worked in practice and it's supe easy to do fun stuff with combos, even if you just mostly mash buttons with mild coordination. The arcade mode's 7 stage run-through starts super easy and is very forgiving with infinite continues whenever you should fail. Unless your kid never played any video game before, they'll be absolutely fine. This is a great place to learn. It performs flawlessly on Switch, too. Both in docked and handheld. It's only real issue is the lacking content at launch.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
These Switch Sega Ages games kinda seem light on options. I like what they did with Phantasy Star, but if I choose the vintage display for Out Run, why is it so tiny? I wish it would let me scale it up to fit vertically. Why can't I play the Ages mode of Alex Kidd with the non-FM OST? Just seems like a bare-bone effort (by M2 standards). I'm not saying they should be $40 like the Shot Triggers series on PS4, but I would pay more for a more robust package.

StealthieOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dfw
Probably not the best place for this question.. But yoshi crafted world or super mario brus. U deluxe... Which one is the better buy?

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Galak-Z has been super buggy so far, wouldn't recommend anyone get it until they put out a patch. Found a Reddit thread with a few people complaining of similar issues.

I'd chosen the plasma & bouncing bullets and it crashed multiple times on stage 1-5 of arcade mode, don't think I can continue that run as the plasma or that combo is likely the issue.

beat the 1st season in Rogue mode and after skipping the credits it went to a black screen it never came out of. Thankfully it looks to recognize i completed the season upon rebooting it.

There's a great game in here, but I have no confidence it won't crash on any given playthough.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Yeah.. Hoping its better than that
... this is probably a sign you should go with Mario U ^_^
not really a sign, it's like NSMBU put out a demo with just 1-1 ^^

but you must know that both are essentially high quality games, and it's on you to know which one you'd rather play, right? the word about NSMBU has been out for years now, it's the best 2D Mario since the pixel days. Yoshi you have had first hand experience with and seen at least one of the recent trailers that shows off what's in there. Which one makes you want to grab a controller and let loose?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
so uh

if you still have mario kart 8 on wii u & not deluxe on switch

you can get dlc pack 1 for 60 gold coins & dlc pack 2 for 80 platinum coins on My Nintendo

not sure why i'm mentioning this, i guess i'm just surprised they're offering this when mk8 deluxe is almost 2 years old at this point.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
so uh

if you still have mario kart 8 on wii u & not deluxe on switch

you can get dlc pack 1 for 60 gold coins & dlc pack 2 for 80 platinum coins on My Nintendo

not sure why i'm mentioning this, i guess i'm just surprised they're offering this when mk8 deluxe is almost 2 years old at this point.
always say what region. MyNin offers are different between regions.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Why does everyone in Windscape wave their arms around like maniacs when they're talking to you.

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has been incredible for me this year. My television broke at the beginning of the year so I have been all Switch this year and these threads have definitely helped me pick some stuff out (hoping to buy Wargroove soon), thanks guys!

StealthieOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dfw
not really a sign, it's like NSMBU put out a demo with just 1-1 ^^

but you must know that both are essentially high quality games, and it's on you to know which one you'd rather play, right? the word about NSMBU has been out for years now, it's the best 2D Mario since the pixel days. Yoshi you have had first hand experience with and seen at least one of the recent trailers that shows off what's in there. Which one makes you want to grab a controller and let loose?

I'm more torn now than before I asked, lol... So is nsmbu considered easy?

Drizzy Finks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded METAGAL. Quick impressions:
I really don't like the art in the game. The dialogue is also very poorly written and formatted, very cheap looking. That said, the sprites and actual graphics are pretty nice.

The controls feel fine. The jumping isn't as tight as Mega Man, and the dash is mapped to the X button, which is totally unintuitive and can't be changed. At least you can press forward twice to do it as well. There is no wall jumping. You can do a special attack with A and you can get new powers like in Mega Man.

When you finish the first stage, you can select one of four bosses which is like Mega Man 7. Eight standard bosses which are themed as you'd expect, all of them are girls. All the girls are very tropey. Music is techno-electronic and suits it, generally upbeat. I feel as if the difficulty is fair so far.

It seems like a decent game so far for $4 which is the normal, non-discounted price on Steam. Not being able to re-map the dash really bugs me. Don't expect a masterpiece though. I've finished all of the mainline Mega Man games and most of the X games.

Screenshots of some irritating parts of the intro:
QZalhmZ.jpg

m0mYamO.jpg

s8wJwE6.jpg

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Seems like Battle Princess Madelyne got an update? I know people were disappointed with it before, does this fix any of those concerns?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Confirmed via Sega FES, more Sega Ages games were announced:

- Shinobi
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land
- Fantasy Zone
- Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
- Herzog Zwei
- G-LOC

All of these are arcade versions & just confirmed for Japan at the moment, but I suspect most will come to the US.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Confirmed via Sega FES, more Sega Ages games were announced:

- Shinobi
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land
- Fantasy Zone
- Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
- Herzog Zwei
- G-LOC

All of these are arcade versions & just confirmed for Japan at the moment, but I suspect most will come to the US.

This brings the total to 19 games. Or just over $150 at MSRP. O_O

And there could likely be even more Master System/Mega Drive/Arcade stuff added later. And maybe Saturn/Dreamcast after that.

OH CRAP ON A BISCUIT IT'S TOO MUCH.

a2b.gif

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, anyone have any impressions on Shadow Blade: Reload? Looking at vids (of presumably the Steam version) it looks rather fun.

The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa has been one of my most expected game on switch since announced last year. I hoped that it would be shadowdropped after the last Nindies and was really disappointed not hearing anything about it in the video. I'm glad to see it releasing so soon!

I had no idea it was coming to the Switch. This is great news, I was really looking forward to this :)

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Epilexia put this on my radar a few days ago and watching the video I'm even more interested. I love 3D games like this. In a way, this kind of exploration reminds me of Ocarina of Time and... Virtual Hydlide. Yeah, I know Virtual Hydlide kind of sucks for everyone, but as a teen I loved that thing.
That's not a bad assessment from what I've played. Add a dash of Dark Souls and Brandish and you've pretty much got Inferno Climber. Performance isn't great (not sure if that's only a problem on Switch) and the camera controls are imprecise but it's fun so far.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Seems like Battle Princess Madelyne got an update? I know people were disappointed with it before, does this fix any of those concerns?
https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/battle-princess-madelyn-switch-software-updates/
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ife_update_adds_king_daddy_and_boss_rush_mode

Nova Scotia, Canada - Today Causal Bit Games are set to release a gigantic and comprehensive update to their much loved title, Battle Princess Madelyn on Nintendo Switch, which includes new modes and quality of life improvements, that extend the gaming experience to the max! As well as the huge update, Battle Princess Madelyn is now on sale on the Nintendo Store with a 30% discount - $13.99 £9.44 €10.49.
This eagerly awaited update adds the full plethora of fixes, additions and improvements that will not only please those who are already playing Battle Princess Madelyn but opens the door for new gamers to experience this wonderful world in its full glory!

Oh Daddy Cool - Mode

As well as exciting new quality of life additions, new modes have been added for players to sink their teeth into - including the all new King Daddy Mode, which sees the player step into the boots of Madelyn's father, King Daddy. Plus there is so much more.

No more frustration (well a little) but plenty more challenges are on offer as wickedly, but to the delight of many, the difficulty is ramped up to the max as King Daddy battles through hordes of the undead, with only his trusted Insanity's Blade. With only the one weapon at your disposal, you are given zero projectiles, aside from Fritzy's power ups so gamers are sure going to find this extremely difficult! Stick with it and you'll find a surprise at the end for King Daddy!

New Additions and Improvements:

More options with added language selection, rumble options and volume sliders with the addition of some hand game assists to make the game easier for beginners.

More features including maps, quest log, teleporting and a brand new hint system

Another delightful new offering presents, Boss Rush Mode, where players select a weapon of choice and face boss after boss in this ultimate test of skill.

"We listened, and took on-board a great deal of feedback from journalists, influencers and fans alike, and have tirelessly worked on and implemented some rock solid, challenging and pleasing solutions as well as creating some new features that we hope will please everyone. We now have a map to help guide players through the kingdom and foreign lands," said Christopher Obritsch, Causal Bit Games, "and will aid them as they look toward completing the numerous quests in the game. We've also redesigned some of the more trickier levels, with the aim to allow players to progress through them in a more fluid and obvious way."

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else really enjoying Gems of War right now? I got surprisingly addicted, even though the hero designs leave much to be desired. But it's free!

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else really enjoying Gems of War right now? I got surprisingly addicted, even though the hero designs leave much to be desired. But it's free!
Yup my wife and kids love it.

Shame theres no couch PVP, right? I'm still confused by the overhelming menus and currency systems, it's nuts.

I would've happily just given them $40 or something for a more streamlined game, but I understand they'll make more money like this.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, especially in portable mode.

----------------

However I have no way to open a topic on this game, who can do it?

" A switch version will be available after the initial PC version has finished its development"

Ehhh, like it looks sharp, but @ :58 seconds the minute I saw way over the top anime girl pop-up, to be clear I have no probs with Anime or Anime women but I don't think the over exaggerated chest is needed nor adds anything, like really it's borderline stupid, I was put off, and then the combat looked flat and boring. Not sure they got much going for them other than you control a big Mech with a lot of weapons.

Like I would have been interested if the combat had something going for it in a vein of well, anything. It just didn't have any style and nothing seemed to flow together.