• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Played it a while ago and enjoyed it very much. Can't recall any framerate issues, but like I said, it's been a while. Nevertheless, I really recommend this one if you're in for a fun and fast platformer.

Haven't touched the game in a while, but i don't remember the framerate being a problem. Great game.

Thanks, copped.

Anyone here played GoNNER? It's fun but fuck me I don't understand a thing in this game

Xeno-V

Oct 30, 2017
Thinking what to grab from the current EU Sale (probably going for 2 games).
Current candidates:

The Messenger
Guacamelee 2
Wonder Boy
Owlboy

I am into all kinds of 2d action games and metroidvanias, as long as they are good of course.
I think that The Messenger sounds like a safe choice, although I have heard that it gets a bit repetitive towards the end due to backtracking etc.
How is Guacamelee 2? I liked the 1st one, but I never saw too much hype around Guac2 so I don't know what to expect.
Wonder Boy seems to be on the short side - is it a fun experience at least?
Any thoughts on Owlboy? I am totally clueless on this one - all I know is how beautiful it looks.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Current candidates:

The Messenger
Guacamelee 2
Wonder Boy
Owlboy

I am into all kinds of 2d action games and metroidvanias, as long as they are good of course.
I think that The Messenger sounds like a safe choice, although I have heard that it gets a bit repetitive towards the end due to backtracking etc.
How is Guacamelee 2? I liked the 1st one, but I never saw too much hype around Guac2 so I don't know what to expect.
Any thoughts on Owlboy? I am totally clueless on this one - all I know is how beautiful it looks.

I have mostly bad things to say about Owlboy. The game is gorgeous but boy if it isn't one of the blandest shit I've ever played. The three others are sure bet from whatI've read, though I only played Wonderboy.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I wasnt a fan of Gonner. The way damage works (losing your head so you can't attack until you retrieve it and your completely vulnerable until then). Didn't like the procedural generation on that game either.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Oh noes! :(

SEGA AGES series sales less than half of 3D Classics series in Japan. Future uncertain.
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201905/10175997.html

Don't surprise me, first batch of titles could be better. Maybe they should try to make them multiplatform like ACA titles of Hamster.

Weird schedule doesn't help either. They're announced several months earlier and released unexpectedly. Probably because M2 have a lot of projects right now.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I keep opening the eShop only to be disappointed that Lovecraft's Untold Stories isn't available yet. It has been the 10/05 for twenty three hours here in Australia. :(

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I keep opening the eShop only to be disappointed that Lovecraft's Untold Stories isn't available yet. It has been the 10/05 for twenty three hours here in Australia. :(
This should be nothing new for you in Australia. AU is tied to the EU eShop unless a dev goes out of their way to specify something particular per timezone. Expect it to be live at the same time as it hits the EU eShop update. Which is 7 minutes ago.

Enjoy. https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/titles/70010000015967

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone got any thoughts on Towerfall?

Grabbed Football Manager when it was on sale, now Celeste and Prison Architect too.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
This should be nothing new for you in Australia. AU is tied to the EU eShop unless a dev goes out of their way to specify something particular per timezone. Expect it to be live at the same time as it hits the EU eShop update. Which is 7 minutes ago.

Enjoy. https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/titles/70010000015967
Many titles have been released a few hours after midnight on the day of their estimated release, as listed on the eShop, here in Australia. It's not my first rodeo, but it is the first title I've been interested in that hasn't been available until almost midnight the next day, in some time. I had a feeling it'd be up at 11pm though. I've already downloaded it. I'll post impressions soon, though I'm biased by a love for Lovecraft.

DodgeITA

Jan 25, 2018
Cool!

first, thanks! I played some more today and am really enjoying it. It's a fantastic game to pick up and have a quick run (always quick because I am pretty awful at it, currently!) and the music is sooooo good.

I had some questions about the chips that appear to purchase. Are the available ones just random? and is there anyway to upgrade the ones you have or is the idea to just buy the high level ones when you see them in the black market?

chips that spawn in the market are randomized with values around the average level of the ones you have equipped, so buying strong ones will make stronger ones more likely to appear.
Chips equipped can't be upgraded but just switched with new ones.

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Current candidates:

The Messenger
Guacamelee 2
Wonder Boy
Owlboy

If you loved Guacamelee 1 you'll like guacamelee 2. It's a nice continuation from the first one. Doesn't do anything terribly new, but doesn't mess up anything either.

I didn't like Owlboy but quite a lot of people in here did. It sure looks great, but the gameplay wasn't up to it in my opinion. Like someone said before, it felt quite bland.

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Although I already have it on 3DS, I couldn't resist Steamworld Heist at that price. And hey, it includes the Outsider DLC that I never bought...so for a dollar more than the price of that DLC pack I have the complete game on Switch with HD visuals to boot. Awesome!
Lol, exactly the same situation here. Also grabbed Messenger,

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone played State of Mind? Worth it for 17 bucks or whatever it's on sale for?

I've loved the art style ever since it was first announced, but after it got a lot of 6/10s, I didn't want to buy it at that price.

Aug 29, 2018
Current candidates:

The Messenger
Guacamelee 2
Wonder Boy
Owlboy

have played (not beaten) all of those, and I'd say imo Wonder Boy is the highest quality out of them. Also a pricier one, but depending on the sale go for it. Good gameplay/mechanics, rewarding discovery, a lot of the challenge comes more from platforming/puzzles as opposed to bosses but I still like the bosses, it is a good one. Really cool game

Owlboy IS beautiful, and has an awesome soundtrack, but for me the core gameplay loop felt clumsy and lacking.

Guacamelee 2 is far better then 1 about meme-ery but still not in love with the writing, it does play great though and is a fantastic metroidvania

The Messenger has a poorly thought out second half and misses the mark in humor for me but it too is good.

They are all good. I vote wonder boy

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, copped.

Anyone here played GoNNER? It's fun but fuck me I don't understand a thing in this game

Different heads, weapons and backpacks combine to produce different abilities. These are collected by finding secret rooms which vary randomly in each new run.

Every certain number of rooms there's a boss battle and clearing it also earns you a reward if I remember correctly.

Fantastic game, the obscurity is part of the charm in my opinion.

I wasnt a fan of Gonner. The way damage works (losing your head so you can't attack until you retrieve it and your completely vulnerable until then). Didn't like the procedural generation on that game either.
You're not completely vulnerable as you can still jump on enemies. It's kind of like the original Super Mario in that respect. I really love it since the controls are on point.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Yeah, everytime I launch this game I just play a few minutes and give up. The lack of explanation for anything is really not helping.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Nintendo Life just posted a 13 HiddennGems on Switch article (below) - can anyone here recommend Aegis Defenders or Armello as great games that are also fun solo? I've considered getting them before but have never pulled the trigger :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ems_you_might_have_missed_on_the_switch_eshop

I've avoided buying Aegis Defenders whenever it's been on sale precisely because people said it's a much better mutliplayer game than a single player game.

I have Armello on PS4 so I haven't bought it on Switch. It's fun single player for a time but it's a board game, you're not going to really have that much fun playing against the AI after a while.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I've avoided buying Aegis Defenders whenever it's been on sale precisely because people said it's a much better mutliplayer game than a single player game.

I have Armello on PS4 so I haven't bought it on Switch. It's fun single player for a time but it's a board game, you're not going to really have that much fun playing against the AI after a while.

Ok thanks - you have sorta confirmed the exact reasons I have not gotten either game. And I think I will continue not buying them for the time being lol

blackrogue13

Nov 21, 2018
Yes! If you like shooters I don't think you can go wrong. Good core mechanics, randomized battles which keep it fresh each time never knowing exactly what's coming, 2-player co-op and lots of different weapons and upgrades available.

Amazing game and an amazing price. I first played in on gamepass but have now picked up on switch. If you like shooters, grab Debris Infinity from the sale as well. Great twinstick shooter in the mould of geometry wars.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
I had a few minutes to try Blazing Beaks this morning and it seemed very fun but tough. Movement and gameplay-wise it felt very similar to Nuclear Throne with smaller areas to battle in. I like the theme better than NT and I love the hilarity of playing as a platypus or penguin with a gun. It has a very interesting mechanic as well: you may randomly get an artifact after killing an enemy and all of the ones I've seen appear to all have negative status effects for your character. If you're able to survive to the next merchant you can trade them in for random helpful items in return. I was surprised to see it had 4-player local co-op - will have to give that a try with the family later. At $7.49 US (50% off thanks to owning another game by the publisher) I'm very satisfied thus far.

Switch_BlazingBeaks_05.jpg

Week May 09th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • Shakedown: Hawaii - VBlank Ent. - $19.99/€19.99 - 139 MB
  • Puyo Puyo Champions - Sega - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.6 GB
  • For The King - IronOak Games/Curve Digital - $24.99/€24.99 (Launch sale: $19.99/€19.99) - 781 MB
  • MachiKnights -Blood Bagos- - Cfk - $14.99/€10.99 - 4.7 GB
  • Masquerada: Songs and Shadows - Ysbryd Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 5.8 GB
    shakedownhawaii8ljjz.jpg
    puyopuyochampionslrjlg.jpg
    forthekingjgj6d.jpg
    machiknightsbloodbagocuj57.jpg
    masqueradasongsandshag2j10.jpg

--
  • Lovecraft's Untold Stories - BLG-Publishing - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.2 GB
  • Blazing Beaks - QubicGames - $14.99/€14.99 - 267 MB
  • OTTTD: Over The Top Tower Defense - SMG Studio - $7.99/€6.99 - 240 MB
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - DrinkBox Studios - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $6.99/€6.99) - 350 MB
  • Ascendance - Onevision Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 613 MB
    lovecraftsuntoldstori4kjwz.jpg
    blazingbeaks80k73.jpg
    otttdvtkk8.jpg
    talesfromspacemutantby0j1c.jpg
    ascendancevak5e.jpg

--
  • Ninja Gaiden - Arcade - Tecmo/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • My Big Sister - Ratalaika Games - $5.99/€5.99 (Launch sale: $4.79/€4.79) - 208 MB
  • Reverse Crawl - Digerati - $12.99/€12.99 (Launch sale: $10.39/€10.39) - 192 MB
  • Saints Row: The Third The Full Package - Deep Silver/Koch Media - $39.99/€39.99 - 7.0 GB
  • Frane: Dragons' Odyssey - $12.99/€12.99 (Launch sale: €11.69) - 298 MB
    arcadearchivesninjagaxqkhj.jpg
    mybigsistergfkei.jpg
    reversecrawlywk0k.jpg
    saintsrowthethird-theyyj5z.jpg
    franedragonsodysseyirk17.jpg

--
  • European Conqueror X - Circle Ent. - $9.99/€9.99 - 229 MB
  • Dragon Snakes - My Next Games - €3.99 - 361 MB
  • Monster Puzzle - Forsaken Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 124 MB
  • Meow Motors - ArtVostok - $14.99/€13.49 - 7.3 GB
  • Lost Artifacts: Soulstone - 8Floor Games - $9.99/€8.79 - 706 MB
    europeanconquerorxxik7e.jpg
    dragonsnakesxmjmu.jpg
    monsterpuzzleuhkd9.jpg
    meowmotors4kjyh.jpg
    lostartifactssoulston1pjdn.jpg

--
  • Car Mechanic Manager - Ultimate Games - $3.99/€3.99 (Launch sale: $3.19/€3.19) - 124 MB
  • Car Trader - Ultimate Games - $3.99/€3.99 - 70 MB
  • Dragon Pinball - EnjoyUp Games - $2.99/€2.99 (Launch sale: €1.97) - 181 MB
    carmechanicmanagerlpkpz.jpg
    cartradernak7m.jpg
    dragonpinball72jpn.jpg

- DLCs
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ - Bandai Namco
    Kid Goku - $4.99/€4.99 - *Included in the FighterZ Pass 2*
  • DragonFangZ - The Rose & Dungeon of Time - toydea
    Extra Dungeon "Friendship's Labyrinth" - $7.99/€6.99
  • Tetris 99 - Nintendo
    Big Block - $9.99/€9.99

- Demos
  • Gakuen Club - D3 Publisher
  • Monster Puzzle - Forsaken Games

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Okami HD right now and overall it's a pretty good port, runs great and looks beautiful on the Switch screen. First time playing it and having a great time.

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
Screw it, just picked up Wizard of Legend and Sword of Ditto....I also pre-ordered Blazing Beaks last week at a discount for also purchasing Mana Spark and Utopia 9....5 games in the past week...I need help

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Shimomura: I would like to have a long relationship with you.

tumblr_pe5eb15gK51uouf1fo6_250.gif

(I love Google Translate.)

If SEGA AGES sales aren't meeting internal metrics and they drop the series before Saturn games have a chance to be considered, I swear to Cthulhu, this forum will feel my wrath to its very core.

So for the sake of SEGA fans everywhere, buy these games, people. Your patronage matters. 👍

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
About to go IN on the eShop

I'm looking at Breakforcist Battle to play casually with some friends on a trip this weekend! Saw some people in here praising it and looks about right for the price. For the same reason, I'm considering Duck Game since my friends and I have enjoyed it a bunch on PS4.

I've been trying to resist Shakedown Hawaii, but I know I'm going to love the thing. Mutant Blobs was one of my favorite discoveries on Vita, and it's been long enough that I think it will feel new again. I'm considering SteamWorld Heist, but I'm currently playing Disgaea 5, so I'm not sure if I need another strategy game on the brain. I really love the aesthetic of Blazing Beaks, and as a huge fan of Nuclear Throne and Gungeon, I really just need a person or two to tell me the game is fun and I'll jump in, lol.

I wouldn't mind being sold on Beat Cop if anybody has impressions on that? Same for Treasure Stack since I love Tetris and Tetris-adjacent games. Lastly, is Yooka-Laylee running alright on Switch these days? That seems like a game that might resonate with me much stronger on a handheld platform.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Wasn't Saints Row 3 supposed to get a day 1 patch?

Please fix the gamma and put gyro aiming in :-/

Also I'm not entirely sure it's native 720p constantly in portable mode, sometimes you can't make out shit for enemies on the far out bg, you can barely see them only because of the 🔺 hovering on their head

I wish they'd just put the arcade version of Pang on the eShop/PSN. It is such a charming and awesome game.

Edit: ohmegads... I just found out that Pang, Super Pang and Pang 3 are included in the Capcom Puzzle World collection (PSP/Vita). Jubilations!

Edit2: Got the Capcom Puzzle World collection installed on my Vita. This is the real deal. All the tunes and backgrounds I love, as well as that classic gameplay - I had no idea about this collection. I really wish that Capcom would release this as well as the Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded/Remixed compilations on the Switch. I can already play them of course, but I'd buy them again on Switch in a heartbeat.

I'm so freakin jelly!

Seriously instead of the crappy new game I'd love an ACA PANG!

Same for WONDERBOY ARCADE instead of the awful "remake" coming next week, I wish we had gotten the ACA WONDERBOY which is still a JPN-only and PS4 exclusive ACA release from Hamster.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Wasn't Saints Row 3 supposed to get a day 1 patch?

Please fix the gamma and put gyro aiming in :-/

Also I'm not entirely sure it's native 720p constantly in portable mode, sometimes you can't make out shit for enemies on the far out bg, you can barely see them only because of the 🔺 hovering on their head
Patch got delayed until next week.

Oct 26, 2017
I see Death Coming is in the OP. Is it recommended?
Also, has anyone played Bow to Blood?
And how about Strike Suit Zero?

I can't keep track of all these games!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Also, has anyone played Bow to Blood?
And how about Strike Suit Zero?

Re: Death Coming.
I bought it on release and.......it's OK. It's obviously a mobile port and while the controls work it's a bit unwieldy. I'm actually not sure if it supports touch but that seems like it would work a lot better. So you play as an agent of the Reaper, helping people meet their demise. Each level is a little sandbox you move the cursor around in and there are 3 people you have to kill to finish the level, but there are always more like 20-50 more people you can optionally kill to increase your score. You will be turning traffic lights the wrong color, opening manhole covers, dropping AC units and signs off buildings, using electricity etc there are tons of things going on. Angels show up and patrol the board with a cone of vision and if they see your cursor you are caught. 3 of those and you fail the level. I've only played about an hour but the 2nd and 3rd boards are similar gameplay just with crazy different environments. So overall....I like it OK but feel I am done after the hour I played. It's a fun curiosity if you get it cheap. Or if you really love the mechanics, there does seem to be quite a bit of content. 6/10 for me - hope this helps!

P.S. Epilexia really likes this game I think, and may be able to go into more detail about it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017

Epilexia gave impressions last month.

'Death Coming' has resulted in one of my biggest surprises of this month.

Basically, the game is like a 'The Sims' entry, but centered in the fun part: being a sociopath, trying to build death traps to kill the NPCs in ridiculous ways.

It looks simple on the surface: you navigate through a vast map in each city, interacting with elements to kill people. With a gorgeous pixel art style, and tons of small and subtle details in each animation, making of every death something funny and hilarious.

But at the same time, there is more complicated interactions that require to solve small environmental puzzles.

And in each map there are tons of secrets and easter eggs. With every level being infinitely replayable, trying to earn medals for killing the maximum number of characters. And things like a combo system.

It's like 'Hidden Folks' meets 'The Sims' meets the ridiculousness of 'Saints Row: The Third'.

A bloody brilliant game infused with creativity.

I think the trailer is very explanatory.

Oct 26, 2017
I bought it on release and.......it's OK. It's obviously a mobile port and while the controls work it's a bit unwieldy. I'm actually not sure if it supports touch but that seems like it would work a lot better. So you play as an agent of the Reaper, helping people meet their demise. Each level is a little sandbox you move the cursor around in and there are 3 people you have to kill to finish the level, but there are always more like 20-50 more people you can optionally kill to increase your score. You will be turning traffic lights the wrong color, opening manhole covers, dropping AC units and signs off buildings, using electricity etc there are tons of things going on. Angels show up and patrol the board with a cone of vision and if they see your cursor you are caught. 3 of those and you fail the level. I've only played about an hour but the 2nd and 3rd boards are similar gameplay just with crazy different environments. So overall....I like it OK but feel I am done after the hour I played. It's a fun curiosity if you get it cheap. Or if you really live the mechanics there does seem to be quite a bit of content. 6/10 for me - hope this helps!

P.S. Epilexia really likes this game I think, and may be able to go into more detail about it!
Epilexia gave impressions last month.

I think the trailer is very explanatory.
Thank you both!

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions on Lovecraft's Untold Stories?

...aaaand bought! 😂
Was looking for a physical copy but then I saw that it was less than €25 on the Russian eShop and I said wth let's do it ;)

Hopefully I'll also be able to try the multiplayer coop part ... what do you say @Arturo ? 😬
Wait, less than 25 € at the Russian eShop? Mmm… that's tempting, and I'd love to try the multiplayer, give a couple of days (I have a busy weekend, sigh) and I'll get it! :P

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it on release and.......it's OK. It's obviously a mobile port and while the controls work it's a bit unwieldy. I'm actually not sure if it supports touch but that seems like it would work a lot better. So you play as an agent of the Reaper, helping people meet their demise. Each level is a little sandbox you move the cursor around in and there are 3 people you have to kill to finish the level, but there are always more like 20-50 more people you can optionally kill to increase your score. You will be turning traffic lights the wrong color, opening manhole covers, dropping AC units and signs off buildings, using electricity etc there are tons of things going on. Angels show up and patrol the board with a cone of vision and if they see your cursor you are caught. 3 of those and you fail the level. I've only played about an hour but the 2nd and 3rd boards are similar gameplay just with crazy different environments. So overall....I like it OK but feel I am done after the hour I played. It's a fun curiosity if you get it cheap. Or if you really love the mechanics, there does seem to be quite a bit of content. 6/10 for me - hope this helps!

Played it on mobile a while back. It's alright, but I found that the gameplay loop got stale fairly quickly. Kept me hooked a little longer, but I did tire of the formula fairly quickly. Reminded me of party hard.