• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Actual real-life footage of tolkir rushing to post the May eShop thread ahead of schedule:

SinfulContentChimpanzee-small.gif

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
One of the most expensive months for me since the system was launched. Buying lots of games and many of them are double even triple dips. And then there are games I'm hoping them to get May release dates. That Yugioh game for example. Or Castle Crashers. Grid Autosport is till without a date too.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One last request for impressions. Has anyone here played Lost King's Lullaby? I absolutely despise roguelikes but it looks really pretty.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Playing Steamworld Quest now. Might finish it tonight, just in time to start FFXII tomorrow! Does anyone know if FFXII will unlock at midnight US Eastern time?

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
I just wanna pop in here to say how much I appreciate that Every Day Is Night was thrown in there before any of the actual release content

I fuckin' love that song

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Really enjoying Ys VIII! Didn't people have issues with this when it released? Put 11 hours in the past 2 days...seems like a great port to me!

Last edited:

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really enjoying Ys VII! Didn't people have issues with this when it released? Put 11 hours in the past 2 days...seems like a great port to me!

I had an amazing time as well.

People here got caught up in the "IT'S 30 FPS AND THEREFORE LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE" state of mind before release. It plays fine, though.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely getting Team Sonic Racing this month as my one "yes, day one" purchase so far this month.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was so mad they went for a Sonic-only racing game instead of Sega All Stars that I ignored the game until today. I watched the mini series and it got me hyped, then I saw the footage and the game looks awesome.

I'm super tempted to get it on Switch but I'd like to see how it performs first.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I was so mad they went for a Sonic-only racing game instead of Sega All Stars that I ignored the game until today. I watched the mini series and it got me hyped, then I saw the footage and the game looks awesome.

I'm super tempted to get it on Switch but I'd like to see how it performs first.
Yeah, I need to know if it's 60 fps on Switch. If it's less then I can only imagine how horrible it is in split screen multiplayer.

And yeah again, I really miss Vyse and Gillius Thunderhead and the rest of the SEGA all-stars. Really bad cut.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I need to know if it's 60 fps on Switch. If it's less then I can only imagine how horrible it is in split screen multiplayer.

And yeah again, I really miss Vyse and Gillius Thunderhead and the rest of the SEGA all-stars. Really bad cut.

This is true. The game's still a day one purchase for me, but it'll either be on the Switch or the PS4 for me, depending on the former performs on a technical level.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Already pre-orders The Sword of Ditto for this month, looking forward to Shakedown Hawaii as well.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying Ys VIII! Didn't people have issues with this when it released? Put 11 hours in the past 2 days...seems like a great port to me!
The translation at launch was abysmal but they eventually patched in a better one. It was also a real technical mess on PC which dominated a lot of the conversation at the time. It got there eventually though.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Saint's Row the Third for me. I've had a really rough month and need some nostalgia, and I'm willing to pay slightly unreasonable prices to get it. Plus I know it's a game that will last me.

The false advertisement of "couch co op" (they're actually referring to wireless LAN) is scummy though.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Both my left and right joycons have severe drifting issue and I'm waiting for the replacement sticks (from China so it'll take a while...). So in the meantime, I'll just buy games playable with the d-pad, which I hope will be the case for Shakedown Hawaii.
Also, fuck Nintendo for selling such expensive controllers of such poor quality.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Both my left and right joycons have severe drifting issue and I'm waiting for the replacement sticks (from China so it'll take a while...). So in the meantime, I'll just buy games playable with the d-pad, which I hope will be the case for Shakedown Hawaii.
Also, fuck Nintendo for selling such expensive controllers of such poor quality.

You should use Electric contact cleaner spray. It works really well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to what I end up buying in May. I've still got a ton of backlog to get through though! I'm only up to World 2 on Cuphead, which is one of the most impressive ports I've seen recently, still blows my mind it plays perfectly on the handheld. I'll definitely be getting the Castlevania collection this month (especially if the M2 rumour is true) and I'm in for Capcom's RE ports as I've been buying absolutely everything they've ported onto the Switch so far. Portable RE4 + Mercs mode is just impossible to say no to.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Agreed 100% and I'm also waiting for my replacement analog sticks, a replacement kit and a 8bitdo m30 because I don't want to touch the pro controllers dpad ever again, I hate it, it's almost xbox360 levels of bad.

I like Nintendo but their silence on these issues is really unacceptable, we should promote a hashtag or something to raise awareness and provoke at least some kind of reaction from them.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Ys VIII or Dragons Dogma? Ys is 30%off but still $20 more than DD

Dragon's Dogma, especially if price is a factor. It's a great port.

Heavily recommend getting Ys VIII on another platform if you can; the Switch port is not very good at all. It's certainly playable, and a very good game... but super low IQ, ugly textures, sections where the frame rate tanks, dynamic resolution that glitches when you talk to NPCs.