• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
Got Fast RMX from the sale. God damn, it really is fast.
I always thought it looked kinda slower than F-Zero from watching videos but after actually playing it I can see that's not the case.
Have you tried the highest speed class yet? Hooooooo, boy...

wait wait wait wait wait. i was under the impression this was not a good racer but now I see F-Zero and Fast RMX within the same post and my brain goes whaaaaaa?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I noticed Octogeddon is out. I played it on PC before. It is like Plants vs Zombies (and it is made by a lot of the same people), but you an octopus, and instead of separate lanes with different weapons, each limb is a different weapon, and the weapon are stupid and dumb in a good way

queen-bees.gif

I never saw much talk about it on PC, so hope people notice it on Switch. It love what it did. There is good strategy behind the silliness.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
How's the difficulty? I know a lot of places criticised it for being too easy, but Woolly World got the same criticism and that game actually got pretty difficult towards the end, particularly when going for 100%

I found it to be pretty similar to YWW! We're stuck on what I think is the final level in the entire game now, I've been at it for hours. I don't want to spoil anything for you. Going for 100% has been at least as challenging as in YWW. Also the game has smaller worlds with more themes on offer so it actually feels more constantly fresh in its settings than YWW. That being said, I absolutely love YWW. Apart from a disappointing OST, I think YCW is just as good as YWW, and provides some interesting shake-ups to the formula. I can't recommend it highly enough, it's certainly my favorite Nintendo-made Switch game yet.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
wait wait wait wait wait. i was under the impression this was not a good racer but now I see F-Zero and Fast RMX within the same post and my brain goes whaaaaaa?

I think the three main complaints surrounding Fast RMX have been the rubber-banding AI, the controls, and the online. The former has since been tweaked with "improved AI" in an update (and something I personally never thought was a problem pre-patch), and the controls are perfectly fine for a futuristic racer. I can't speak much for the online component since I only ran through a few races before getting my fill, but there have been reports of laggy netcode. Good luck matching up with people though since the playerbase never seemed to recover after Mario Kart 8 Deluxe released, and now it's gated by an NSO sub, too.

So yeah, as long as you're not looking to play against others online, you can't go wrong with Fast RMX. And it still looks every shade of beautiful as it did at launch. Seriously, it's gorgeous.

I noticed Octogeddon is out. I played it on PC before. It is like Plants vs Zombies (and it is made by a lot of the same people), but you an octopus, and instead of separate lanes with different weapons, each limb is a different weapon, and the weapon are stupid and dumb in a good way

queen-bees.gif

I never saw much talk about it on PC, so hope people notice it on Switch. It love what it did. There is good strategy behind the silliness.

And it's very cleverly priced at $8.88.

The devs deserve an award for that.

Another week without Virtua Racing in NA. So stupid.

If SEGA's still following the Japanese release order for the West, we're still waiting on Puyo Puyo to come over first. So it'll probably be a while longer until VR shows up. :/

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, does the eShop not have a "cart"? I want to buy a couple games, but I have to check out for each one individually?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any impressions on For The King? Tabletop-style rpg kind of appeals to me

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

People like to compare Fast RMX to F-Zero, but as a big F-Zero fan, I don't think they share much aside from the fact that they're both futuristic racers. I think Fast is a lot more like an arcade racer and I had a lot of fun with it on the Wii U.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Any impressions on For The King? Tabletop-style rpg kind of appeals to me

I recommend reading Steam reviews. I was about to buy it but decided to look at reviews and a lot of people say the game is built on RNG and not in a good way. It ends up making games cheap and frustrating and combined with lots of other things I read, I decided not to buy it.

Just a heads up though: anyone with an XBOX and Gamepass, the game was just put on there so that's a cheap way to try it if you have that :)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Definitely thought it was going to be a quieter month for the Switch but already got:
  • Baba is You
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Bastion
  • Don't Starve
  • Mario Maker 2
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Steamworld Heist
  • Wasteland 2
  • Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection
  • Castlevania Anniversary Collection
I would be groaning with RE 0, 1 and 4 coming but the price of them has me put off, especially with 4 having the poor icon. RE0 might be the one that makes me break as it's the only one I haven't played since the GC.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recommend reading Steam reviews. I was about to buy it but decided to look at reviews and a lot of people say the game is built on RNG and not in a good way. It ends up making games cheap and frustrating and combined with lots of other things I read, I decided not to buy it.

Just a heads up though: anyone with an XBOX and Gamepass, the game was just put on there so that's a cheap way to try it if you have that :)

Good point. Think I'll hold off then, thanks

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
I think the three main complaints surrounding Fast RMX have been the rubber-banding AI, the controls, and the online. The former has since been tweaked with "improved AI" in an update (and something I personally never thought was a problem pre-patch), and the controls are perfectly fine for a futuristic racer. I can't speak much for the online component since I only ran through a few races before getting my fill, but there have been reports of laggy netcode. Good luck matching up with people though since the playerbase never seemed to recover after Mario Kart 8 Deluxe released, and now it's gated by an NSO sub, too.

So yeah, as long as you're not looking to play against others online, you can't go wrong with Fast RMX. And it still looks every shade of beautiful as it did at launch. Seriously, it's gorgeous.
People like to compare Fast RMX to F-Zero, but as a big F-Zero fan, I don't think they share much aside from the fact that they're both futuristic racers. I think Fast is a lot more like an arcade racer and I had a lot of fun with it on the Wii U.

this.... changes things. oh man, i need to wait on a little more feedback on Darkwood performance. that might end up being a PC game for me if there are even a few problems. i really, really like arcade racers A LOT.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
I found it to be pretty similar to YWW! We're stuck on what I think is the final level in the entire game now, I've been at it for hours. I don't want to spoil anything for you. Going for 100% has been at least as challenging as in YWW. Also the game has smaller worlds with more themes on offer so it actually feels more constantly fresh in its settings than YWW. That being said, I absolutely love YWW. Apart from a disappointing OST, I think YCW is just as good as YWW, and provides some interesting shake-ups to the formula. I can't recommend it highly enough, it's certainly my favorite Nintendo-made Switch game yet.

Sounds good! I'll definitely get it sometime down the line!

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Guys how hard is it to buy a new sd card and save all old stuff to new one for replacement. I have a 125GB think I need to move up to 250.
Save Files are on the Switch, games are on the microSD. When I upgraded, I had to reDL all my games since none of it would transfer over. Save files were intact though!

Week May 16th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • Project Nimbus: Complete Edition - GameTomo - $19.99/€17.79 (Launch sale: $17.99/€16.01) - 5.3 GB
  • Darkwood - Crunching Koalas - $14.99/€14.99 - 2.3 GB
  • Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder - Sega - $14.99/€14.99 - 2.3 GB
  • Octogeddon - All Yes Good - $8.88/€7.88 - 923 MB
  • Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Rebellion Interact - $34.99/€34.99 - 6.9 GB
    projectnimbuscompleteqskeg.jpg
    darkwood0qkqx.jpg
    rockofages2biggerbouli4jdy.jpg
    octogeddonfckp5.jpg
    sniperelitev2remaster8zj21.jpg
  • Redout - Nicalis - $39.99/€39.99 - 2.2 GB
  • Light Tracer - Beep - $14.99/€12.99 - 1.2 GB
  • Thief Simulator - Forever Ent. - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: $17.99/€13.39) - 1.7 GB
  • 39 Days to Mars - Its Anecdotal - $14.99/€12.49 (Launch sale: $13.49/€11.24) - 268 MB
  • Your Toy - VivaGames - $19.99/€19.99 - 849 MB
    redoutlightspeedediticpjpp.jpg
    lighttracers7jxw.jpg
    thiefsimulatorafk9g.jpg
    39daystomarsy4jhw.jpg
    yourtoya6k7m.jpg
  • Castlevania Anniversary Collection - Konami - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.0 GB
  • Buta san - Arcade - Jaleco/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Guilty Gear XX Acore Plus R - Arc System Works - $14.99/€19.99 - 4.2 GB
  • Guilty Gear - Arc System Works - $9.99/€19.99 - 421 MB
  • Blades of Time - Gaijin Distribution - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.8 GB
    castlevaniaanniversar5kknq.jpg
    arcadearchivesbutasan1qkce.jpg
    guiltygearxxcoreplusr8xkqn.jpg
    guiltygearhvky9.jpg
    bladesoftimeutkzl.jpg
  • Akane - QubicGames - $4.99/€4.99 - 326 MB
  • Super Life of Pixel - WhiteMoon Dreams - $9.99/€9.99 - 616 MB
  • Undead Horde - 10tons - $16.99/€16.99 - 368 MB
  • Pocket League Story - Kairosoft - $12.00/€10.00 - 227 MB
  • Devious Dungeon 2 - Ratalaika Games - $7.99/€7.99 (Launch sale: $6.39/€6.39) - 167 MB
    akane2rjkq.jpg
    superlifeofpixelt5kls.jpg
    undeadhordeiwkue.jpg
    pocketleaguestoryzxkbe.jpg
    deviousdungeon2xsjy3.jpg
  • Koral - Carlos Coronado - $11.99/€11.99 - 325 MB
  • Evil Defenders - Crazy Panda - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.0 GB
  • Chicken Rider - Ultimate Games - $3.99/€3.99 (Launch sale: $3.39/€3.59) - 616 MB
    koralt3kaj.jpg
    evildefendersf0k32.jpg
    chickenriderpnjrw.jpg

- DLCs
  • LEGO DC Super-Villains - WB Games
    Young Justice Level Pack - $2.99/€2.99

- Japan
  • Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku - Idea Factory - ¥6,804
    hanayakanariwagaichizxnk24.jpg

- Late Releases
  • Inferno Climber: Reborn - Arc System Works - €11.99 - 1.8 GB

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

queen-bees.gif

That actually looks really fun! You can tell the pedigree

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely thought it was going to be a quieter month for the Switch but already got:
  • Baba is You
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Bastion
  • Don't Starve
  • Mario Maker 2
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Steamworld Heist
  • Wasteland 2
  • Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection
  • Castlevania Anniversary Collection
I would be groaning with RE 0, 1 and 4 coming but the price of them has me put off, especially with 4 having the poor icon. RE0 might be the one that makes me break as it's the only one I haven't played since the GC.
Unplayed games, unplayed games everywhere!

;)

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I just preordered the digital Super Mario Maker 2 Limited Edition in the eShop. I used half funds and half Gold Coins.

It's good that the 12 month Nintendo Switch Online subscription stacks on top of your existing subscription. So I'm all subscribed until September 2020.

Also you can only redeem the stylus between June 11th and September 30th. You can't redeem that right now. I was hoping to so I could just get the stylus super early.

Different topic now, KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch has never been on sale. It's been out over a year now and the price is still £35. Which is too much for me to buy something I don't know if I'll like or use. I love the concept idea however. Shame the OT died off for it.

Interesting that Minecraft is the number 1 game on the U.K. eShop on its 10th birthday.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just preordered the digital Super Mario Maker 2 Limited Edition in the eShop. I used half funds and half Gold Coins.

It's good that the 12 month Nintendo Switch Online subscription stacks on top of your existing subscription. So I'm all subscribed until September 2020.

Also you can only redeem the stylus between June 11th and September 30th. You can't redeem that right now. I was hoping to so I could just get the stylus super early.

Different topic now, KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch has never been on sale. It's been out over a year now and the price is still £35. Which is too much for me to buy something I don't know if I'll like or use. I love the concept idea however. Shame the OT died off for it.

Interesting that Minecraft is the number 1 game on the U.K. eShop on its 10th birthday.
If you're serious about music you're better off with the iOS version which has a lot more tools

Also, it makes sense you can't get the stylus until the game comes out. They have to make them.

In the meantime, it looks like your typical tablet stylus you can get for like $5 if you really need a stylus

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
If you're serious about music you're better off with the iOS version which has a lot more tools

Also, it makes sense you can't get the stylus until the game comes out. They have to make them.

In the meantime, it looks like your typical tablet stylus you can get for like $5 if you really need a stylus

I wouldn't say I'm serious about music but would love to try and dabble. I have GarageBand on iOS, does that compete? Is one clearly better than the other?

As for styluses, I'm always gonna go with an official Nintendo Mario stylus whenever I get the chance, because simply...you all should know how much I love Mario.

Last edited:

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
There is apparently an update for Xenon Racer that adds three new tracks in a new Alps setting, but notably for Switch users, it seems to address some performance and stability issues with that version. My search on YouTube for Switch footage of the patch in action deemed fruitless for now, so if anyone has any impressions of how the game runs now, that'd be terrific!

Deleted member 12933

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is apparently an update for Xenon Racer that adds three new tracks in a new Alps setting, but notably for Switch users, it seems to address some performance and stability issues with that version. My search on YouTube for Switch footage of the patch in action deemed fruitless for now, so if anyone has any impressions of how the game runs now, that'd be terrific!
This guy has been following it pretty closely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrKgfERHhyE

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions on Shadown versus Retro City Rampage? RCR was enjoyable to a degree, but mainly just to fuck around with, and that got old fast. I didn't care for it's campaign much at all, but in general I do like top down ridiculous action. Shakedown LOOKS fun, but I don't want another RCR.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I've seem a video of the update showing a "performance mode" which let the game uns at 30 fps locked. It's kind of hilarious that 30 fps is what you get at a performance mode, but at least it's not 20 fps like it was before. Apparently the game isn't all that good anyway.

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions on Shadown versus Retro City Rampage? RCR was enjoyable to a degree, but mainly just to fuck around with, and that got old fast. I didn't care for it's campaign much at all, but in general I do like top down ridiculous action. Shakedown LOOKS fun, but I don't want another RCR.

It's pretty fun, but also quite repetitive. I would rate it the same as RCR (which was okay in my opinion).