• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The RE4 port is gonna be crap, isn't it?

I mean a crap port.
I see no reason to expect that. Capcom's Switch ports have been great so far, only one I can really recall having major issues for some people is the first Mega Man Collection with its input lag - not something that affected me personally but I totally see how it'd bother most other people. The rest of the ports, including the Resident Evil Revelations ports have been excellent.

Only thing I wonder about the RE4 port is if it'd be 30 or 60FPS. I'm hoping for 60FPS.

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna pick up:

- Castlevania Collection
- RE4
- Puyo Puyo
- Redout
- Vallhalla

Maybe REmake and AC3 as well cause I'm not familar with either of those. Another busy month.

Can't say I'm gonna pick up all of these this month but that's okay.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think it's pretty realistic to expect 1080/720p at 30FPS at the very least for all three RE ports. I'd be very happy if they were 60FPS but 30 would be good enough for those game.

Gyro aiming for RE4 would be hilarious as it'd probably be similar to the Wii version, making it pretty great to play but also hilariously easy at the same time.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
- Thanks tolkir for other great thread. I hope that all is fine in your new work!

- 'Castlevania: Bloodlines' has a better level design than 'Super Castlevania IV'. And it was one of the first examples of graphic whorism in the gaming press. It was praised above the Mega Drive entry only because it had bigger sprites, regardless of whether the framerate was much worse and the play area was much smaller with less elements on screen, resulting in a slower and less frantic gameplay.

- In the eShop page for 'Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry', there is a screenshot of a giant pennis.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Castlevania Collection for me only this month barring it being trash, but even if it is just a basic emulation of those games I am okay. Been craving more and more Castlevania.

My wishlist has grown so much too that I am just content to play most of what I have and pick up stuff on sale when opportunity arises.

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
Already pre-purchased Blazing Beaks (At a great discount) and am now considering Hellmut: The Badass from Hell.The price is a little hefty on the Switch since the game cost half as much on Steam...may wait for a sale.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome month! Excited for VA11 HALL-A and Shakedown Hawaii.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Im really enjoying Hellblade, but it's tough to find time to play it. I can't big screen it in the living room with my kids watching, and I need to have headphones if I play it in hand held. And usually my wife and I talk and game in the evenings... Not plug in headphones and ignore each other.

But I really like the game, it's just one of the more difficult games to actually play in the right settings!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ha ha ha ha ha holy shit at the price of the Atlas 2 DLC collection for Starlink. $49.99?!?!? And the Starfox pack isn't even included. That's another $12. Fuck Ubi on this one.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Looking for some impressions on:

The World Next Door
Katana Zero
Reverie: Sweet As Edition
Aggelos

Katana Zero is fantastic but short. gameplay mechanics are solid, and the storytelling is one of the better experiences compared to any other indie game.but it is really short, it also feels like the game didn't reach its true potential and could've been better.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Ha ha ha ha ha holy shit at the price of the Atlas 2 DLC collection for Starlink. $49.99?!?!? And the Starfox pack isn't even included. That's another $12. Fuck Ubi on this one.

Isn't Crimson Moon free? Or is there another pack with extra ships and stuff?

Oh, I see this list for the content of DLC2:
https://store.ubi.com/us/starlink--battle-for-atlas-collection-2/5cbf26fe6b54a4a1e3c44112.html

3 starships, five pilots, 11 weapons, all seem superfluous.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Crimson Moon free? Or is there another pack with extra ships and stuff?

The Crimson Moon update with the racing is free. But there's also 3 new ship/pilot/weapon packs for $12.99 each, 2 new pilots individually for $3.99 each, a bunch of new weapons for $4.99 each, and the Starfox Pack for $11.99. The Atlas 2 bundle which includes everything (EXCEPT the Starfox pack, which is still sold separately) is $49.99. I'm kind of upset because Ubi is legit trying to squeeze people for the cost of another full retail game as a last-ditch cash-grab effort before they finally send Starlink out to die.

Ubi is better than this shit.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Great thread as always tolkir - thanks for letting us eat.

My backlog is big so im fine with not spending as much this month - CoH will be a Day 1 purchase if it hits in May though.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Since it's on sale, how is Ys VIII on Switch? I am tempted and it being Atlus game means it's probably not going on sale again for a while and probably not at a lower price.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The Crimson Moon update with the racing is free. But there's also 3 new ship/pilot/weapon packs for $12.99 each, 2 new pilots individually for $3.99 each, a bunch of new weapons for $4.99 each, and the Starfox Pack for $11.99. The Atlas 2 bundle which includes everything (EXCEPT the Starfox pack, which is still sold separately) is $49.99. I'm kind of upset because Ubi is legit trying to squeeze people for the cost of another full retail game as a last-ditch cash-grab effort before they finally send Starlink out to die.

Ubi is better than this shit.

They're really not. But it's the same price as their collection 1 pack for PS4 and Xbox (remember the digital edition, non deluxe came with a ton of extra content, making the collection 1 pack not worth it, which is presumably why the switch/pc version is like 24.99)

I'm fine as long as it's just more ships, they're going to have to discount it eventually because I have no idea how they're going to milk the fanbase at that price.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
How is the port of South Park: The Fractured but Whole? Will be playing in handheld mode if I got it

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Hah! I was right to wait for a patch on Hob to fix the terrible undocked resolution. I actually didn't expect such a big improvement. Waiting paid off. :)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So someone at Capcom finally got round to putting up screenshots for the Resident Evil games. Admittedly it's only a few for each but they look good. Albeit RE Remake's are just from cutscenes...

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
Probably grabbing Puyo Puyo this month as I continue to make my way through BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! but I am ready for any surprises as well!

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah, the resolution bump of 'Hob: The Definitive Edition' in portable mode is a vast improvement.

From a blurry mess in which is was very hard to distinguish the platforms, now the game looks really beautiful, making justice to the whimsical and mysterious setting of its world.

All of this while it maintains the rock solid performance, making of this the definitive console version, contrary to the PS4 version that struggled with the framerate.

The most impressive effort by Panic Button so far, taking a current gen game and obtaining the best perfomance in a much less powerful hardware.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Another vote for WD40 Electrical Cleaner. Two minutes to clean a joycon and it's good for weeks.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
So I played this earlier this year and I just found it to be just ok at best. I felt the puzzles for the first two temples were very easy and even though the setting was cool I never felt like they did enough with it. At the time I played it there was a broken mini game. ( it's fixed now so you can 100% it ) Temples four and five started to have the types of puzzles I generally like, but that felt a little too late for me. Since the main game only has five temples. It felt like to me they tried to be like Zelda a little too much without their own spin on it.

I tend to be harder on this game than most, but man I just didn't really care for the game.

Honestly I was more interested in it due to the New Zealand theme. How is it compared to Blossom Tales (if you have played both and could compare). I enjoyed Blossom Tales, but it was mostly ok most of the time (except Dungeons were very fun).

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Would that be a giant pen with a penis?
Or a tennis-playing giant?
Or a giant named "dennis" who always starts writing his name upside-down before realizing the error of his ways?!

We need answers, man!

(And screenshots.)

It's a building with shape of a penis.

ss_8b88710949870600b8db0314dfca2141a29b0e97.600x338.jpg

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
How is the port of South Park: The Fractured but Whole? Will be playing in handheld mode if I got it

Very good, though there were times where the game crashed on me twice, and another I got stuck in the environment of a level and had to reset, but I enjoyed both South Park games very much and had no issue playing 90% handheld.

Storywise and humorwise, by far the best south park has been written for 10 years