• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I bought Crystal Crisis.
It's OK so far.
However, the loading times are absolutely atrocious for a game that looks like this, and every damn tiny scene is a 15-30 second load in/out.
Also, I really don't like the board you play on bring tilted. This makes it too hard to line up what column you want when you are fighting depth perception.

The actual gameplay seems fun so far and has wrinkles in it that add more variety and strategy to things.

Overall, I'm slightly regretting this purchase. Perhaps more time will change my mind.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I bought Crystal Crisis.
It's OK so far.
However, the loading times are absolutely atrocious for a game that looks like this, and every damn tiny scene is a 15-30 second load in/out.
Also, I really don't like the board you play on bring tilted. This makes it too hard to line up what column you want when you are fighting depth perception.

The actual gameplay seems fun so far and has wrinkles in it that add more variety and strategy to things.

Overall, I'm slightly regretting this purchase. Perhaps more time will change my mind.

I was slightly regretting my purchase, too, but not for those reasons--though the load times are inexcusable to me.

It was more that I was getting curbstomped by the AI when bursts were available. Turning them off, I was able to enjoy the game more and felt it was better balanced. I'm enjoying what I'm playing now, and I'm glad I purchased the game.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Gato Roboto, took about 3 hours for 100%. It was fun, but it's definitely on the short side.

I did have one point in the game where it froze on me and I had to close out, which was annoying. Otherwise no issues.

Schnarf

Nov 12, 2017
Tacoma, WA
I bought Crystal Crisis.
It's OK so far.

In the Options menu you can turn off the tilted board view. :)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
In the Options menu you can turn off the tilted board view. :)

Just wanted to quickly step in and offer my humble opinion that you just might be in possession of the classiest avatar on ERA.
oDjVqR.gif

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
3 hours is too long for that.

Probably. I spent a lot of time going through some of the areas trying to find the last cartridge I was missing because I thought
the elevator after clearing the ventilation, aqueduct, and heater core area would just be a final boss sort of deal.
Obviously that wasn't the case but I wasted some time there.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Having a weird issue with the Switch digital shop website - I've purchased loads from the site before, but now I'm not seeing a purchase button. I'm signed in, my account seems fine, but I have no "purchase" button. Anyone else had/have the same issue? I don't have my Switch in front of me right now, else I'd just buy it on directly from there.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Having a weird issue with the Switch digital shop website - I've purchased loads from the site before, but now I'm not seeing a purchase button. I'm signed in, my account seems fine, but I have no "purchase" button. Anyone else had/have the same issue? I don't have my Switch in front of me right now, else I'd just buy it on directly from there.
You're not alone - see post 1803 and replies to it, but I don't think that we found a solution.

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Ah ok. Thanks for confirming its not just me (was worried something happened to my account!)

Maybe if someone could post the direct link to the purchase page, we can by-pass our problem. We just have to know you the link has to look and which id we need.

For example, the purchase link for the FEW Season Pass looks like this (if you delete the unnecessary stuff at the end):

https://ec.nintendo.com/bundle_purchase_confirm?bundle=70070000000421

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
you can find the game IDs in the source code on the page btw

nsuid94jgf.jpg

Maybe if someone could post the direct link to the purchase page, we can by-pass our problem. We just have to know you the link has to look and which id we need.

For example, the purchase link for the FEW Season Pass looks like this (if you delete the unnecessary stuff at the end):

https://ec.nintendo.com/bundle_purchase_confirm?bundle=70070000000421

but those direct links don't work for the EU region btw. Only for NA and AU/NZ and JP.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I'm starting to feel quite embarrassed that it took me 4 hours to finish Gato.
Haha, I don't know why we've had people shaming each other for how long it took them to beat this game. Don't feel bad! Some might even say your four hours make you the greatest Gato Roboto player of all time!

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I had the same thing with the purchase button vanishing on the Nintendo UK website. Then I noticed it mentioned that if I link my NNID, all my funds could be merged. Like, what? I linked ages ago. But sure enough, went to my account page, it had unlinked. Linking it back made the purchase buttons appear again.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I had the same thing with the purchase button vanishing on the Nintendo UK website. Then I noticed it mentioned that if I link my NNID, all my funds could be merged. Like, what? I linked ages ago. But sure enough, went to my account page, it had unlinked. Linking it back made the purchase buttons appear again.
Have you changed account region at any point? Doing so unlinks your NNID.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my NNID is also unlinked, I'm guessing that's the case. I'll play around with it tonight. Thanks for the info all :)

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
you can find the game IDs in the source code on the page btw

Yes, I know. That's why I wanted a link like the one I posted, just with "game" or whatever instead of "bundle".

but those direct links don't work for the EU region btw. Only for NA and AU/NZ and JP.

The direct link works for me, so I'm surprised that it does not for other people?

I never had a NNID, so naturally it is not linked. Weird.

Can anyone else who never had a NNID (or never linked it) check if they have the purchase button (EU region)?