• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No. Not sure that's 100% happening either? It is for the Castlevania collection but I don't recall it being confirmed for the arcade collection. ONly update so far adds Tate support for the Japanese arcade collection.
That's correct, there doesn't seem to be 100% official confirmation that the Arcade Collection is getting JP ROMs. I saw someone say Konami EU confirmed it, but haven't seen any sources (and the fact no other branch has spoken about it makes me doubt as well).

All we know is the Castlevania and Contra ones are getting the treatment. The tate patch for Arcade was actually a surprise AFAIK.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that sales section of the Japanese eShop says how many days are left until the end of each sale.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
QubicGames are giving away copies of Robonauts in celebration of 1,000,000 total sales. You need to subscribe to their newsletter then they'll send out keys (US region).

Apparently when Geki Yaba Runner Anniversary Edition releases on 31 May, it'll be free to those already owning any other QubicGames game (including Robonauts).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I am honestly shocked they havent made a Switch Humble Bundle yet with the amount of indies the e-shop has.

a lot (most?) are the sort of games that ARE bundled on pc every other week too.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So, somebody here recommended me Splasher and I got it Last week. Now I have played through the whole levels and I think it is a great game... but the game crashed on me just when I was finishing the last level.

As a warning, it looks like it is a problema that didn't just happen to me, looked at other forums and it seems that It happened on other Switch users too.

I recommend it at its sale price, but it is frustrating when something like this happens, specially in a pretty frustrating level.

Otherwise the game has great level desing, and I love that they ease you into its mechanics slowly, though once you have all the ink powers it gets kind of confusing to use one or another because they are all mapped to the face bottons and you have to react very quickly.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017

Vaporum patch is out now - I can confirm that text size in handheld mode, while still small, is readable now. Yay! Haven't really started the game, will do so now.

Patch notes (https://www.vaporum-game.com/2019/05/24/nintendo-switch-patch-1/):
  • Tweak: The whole UI and font size increased to be much more readable, especially in handheld mode.
  • Tweak: Tweaked movement sensitivity to prevent overstepping and overturning.
  • Fix: The "Load Last Save" button sometimes loads a random save instead of the last one.
  • Fix: When making very frequent quicksaves, sometimes the game crashes.

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After buying it two years ago (has it been that long?) Has Been Heroes is pretty solid! It's pretty hard in the beginning, since you have absolutely no idea how it works and sometimes I still have no clue, but once it clicks it clicks. It's a solid rogue-like with plenty of unlockables! I'm enjoying it very much but I can see why the reviewers were less enthusiastic at the time of release. But on the other hand I don't think they gave it a fair try. It's very enjoyable and if it should go on sale you should definitely buy it if you're a fan of the genre.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be getting Sky Gamblers Afterburner on the current sale. Anyone interested in flight games, tank games or survival style games should check out the dev's other stuff on Switch too: Storm Raiders, Radiation Island, Battle Supremacy. I think they're all currently on sale. These devs plan on bringing some of their newer games to Switch too and they seem pretty damn cool:
www.atypicalgames.com
Especially hoping for Storm Raiders 2!

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
After buying it two years ago (has it been that long?) Has Been Heroes is pretty solid! It's pretty hard in the beginning, since you have absolutely no idea how it works and sometimes I still have no clue, but once it clicks it clicks. It's a solid rogue-like with plenty of unlockables! I'm enjoying it very much but I can see why the reviewers were less enthusiastic at the time of release. But on the other hand I don't think they gave it a fair try. It's very enjoyable and if it should go on sale you should definitely buy it if you're a fan of the genre.
Yeah man I liked that game! I think I played it hardcore for 10 hours back in Switch Year 1.

Ultimately that game needed a smoother progression curve. Once you get into the game more, the early game is boring and tedious. I felt like every combat Battle is like 50% too long, the game just needed a more faster paced experience. I didn't stay with it.

If they ever put our Has Been Heroes 2 with more friendly and accessible options, I'd be there day 1. This game is pretty much one if the most hardcore rougelikes on the Switch.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
So, somebody here recommended me Splasher and I got it Last week. Now I have played through the whole levels and I think it is a great game... but the game crashed on me just when I was finishing the last level.
This happened to me over four times, so I never officially beat the game . I just looked up what happens right after and it's so pitifully easy that I'm just gonna count it.

I tried moving the game off the SD card and on to the system itself and it still gave me problems. I tried reaching out to the dev and publisher quite a few times with no responses .

So yeah I'm still pretty steamed about it.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
This happened to me over four times, so I never officially beat the game . I just looked up what happens right after and it's so pitifully easy that I'm just gonna count it.

I tried moving the game off the SD card and on to the system itself and it still gave me problems. I tried reaching out to the dev and publisher quite a few times with no responses .

So yeah I'm still pretty steamed about it.
Too bad then, now I feel bad for supporting the game, even at sale price, now knowing they didn't even bother to reply.
Game is fine, is just that last level being problematic. I won't play it again, too frustrating for me tbh.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
Oh yeah I loved the game til that point.I just can't recomend the switch version because of that crash problem.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Now that I think about it I did get that final stage crash bug. Wasn't there some way to avoid it tho? I'm pretty sure I beat it on my second attempt.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I'm picking it up, looks like a modern Uniracers game.
While you should get Futuregrind, know that it's really nothing like uniracers. It's an auto-runner (similar to Chameleon Run) with Trials like controls. They probably overpriced the game at $20 compared to other similar games, but $2 is criminal.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
While wandering around the shop buying a couple of vouchers, I stumbled on the Account Information page, and from there, I noticed a section for 'pass settings

Do we have any idea what this might be? It doesn't appear to be passwords; all my page gives is a prompt saying "You do not have any passes", which suggests it's talking in the context of tickets. I'd think it's some sort of season pass reference, except I have the Xenoblade 2 season pass and yet it's not listed there.

Do we have anything on what this page is for?

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
While wandering around the shop buying a couple of vouchers, I stumbled on the Account Information page, and from there, I noticed a section for 'pass settings

Do we have any idea what this might be? It doesn't appear to be passwords; all my page gives is a prompt saying "You do not have any passes", which suggedrs its talking in the context of tickets. I'd think it's some sort of season pass reference, excel I have the Xenoblade 2 season pass and yet it's not listed there.

Yeah it's never been used. I think it's meant for subscriptions, but no game has those yet? Maybe Nintendo Online info is there, I haven't checked it out in a while.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
pre-ordered Gato Roboto, € price is nice with the 15% discount and I am on this huge "2d games on switch" kick lately (portable), they tend to look so crisp on that screen :o

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
[

Do we have any idea what this might be? It doesn't appear to be passwords; all my page gives is a prompt saying "You do not have any passes", which suggedrs its talking in the context of tickets. I'd think it's some sort of season pass reference, excel I have the Xenoblade 2 season pass and yet it's not listed there.

I think it's for games with season passes. I think there are a few of those already but I'm not sure since I don't play any of those games.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017

While speaking with Wccftech recently, Rohleder touched on a number of topics, including the possibility of Dying Light 2 being a cross-generation game. However, when he was asked if Techland planned to bring the title to Nintendo Switch, to which he said the engine that the studio is using does not support the portable console. "We are focusing on AAA content," he said. "But I can tell you that we might have a surprise for the Nintendo Switch later this year. I can't tell you more.

A port of Dying Light seems like the logical thing

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dying Light would be great, but I guess it would run terribly so I guess we'll get a different game altogether maybe.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
My review for Inferno Climber: Reborn has been posted.

I said:
Inferno Climber: Reborn has a few interesting qualities, but they are completely buried by a combination of poor controls, an awful camera, and quite possibly the worst frame-rate since Virtual Hydlide. Anybody who dares to take on this action-RPG will have to endure a ton of pain. Perhaps, if they suffer in torment for several hours, they'll uncover something of merit. Even then, is it really worth the cost of their soul?

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 27 - Monkey Business - Sabec - $9.99/€7.99 - 162 MB
    --
  • 28 - Crystal Crisis - Nicalis - $19.99/€29.99 - 1.8 GB
  • 28 - Lapis x Labyrinth - NIS America - $29.99/€29.99 - 714 MB *05/31 on EU*
  • 28 - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 505 Games - $14.99/€14.99 (Preorder sale: $13.49/€13.49) - 3.9 GB
  • 28 - Chime Sharp - Chilled Mouse - $9.99/€9.99 - 744 MB
  • 28 - Little Friends: Dogs & Cats - Sold Out - $49.99/€49.99 - 4.3 GB
  • 28 - GoFishing 3D - Ultimate Games - €14.99 - 145 MB
  • 28 - Battle Worlds: Kronos - King Art/THQ Nordic - $29.99/€29.99 - 2.4 GB
    --
  • 29 - Among the Sleep: Enhanced Edition - Soedesco - $24.99/€24.99 - 1.0 GB
  • 29 - TerraTech - Terra Tek Studios - $24.99/€24.99 (Preorder sale: $22.49) - 910 MB
  • 29 - Vectronom - Arte Experience - $9.99/€9.99 - 594 MB
  • 29 - Happy Worlds - Lan Games Eoood - $9.99/€9.99 (Preorder sale: $6.99/€6.99) - 557 MB
    --
  • 30 - Gato Roboto - doinksoft/Devolver Digital - $7.99/€7.99 (Preorder sale: $6.79/€6.79) - 456 MB
  • 30 - Anarcute - Plug In Digital - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.4 GB
  • 30 - Super Cane Magic Zero - Intragames - $24.99 (Preorder sale: $22.49) - 1.8 GB
  • 30 - Ragtag Adventures - Prime Time - $9.99/€9.99 - 842 MB
  • 30 - Ages of Mages: The Last Keeper - YFC Games - $11.99/€10.99 - 2.2 GB
  • 30 - Dyna Bomb - 7 Raven Studios - $5.99 - 81 MB *06/06 on EU*
  • 30 - 30-in-1 Game Collection: Volume 2 - Digital Bards - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.5 GB
  • 30 - Fun! Fun! Animal Park - Numskull Games - €29.99 - 1.3 GB *EU*
    --
  • 31 - Golem Gates - Digerati - $24.99/€24.99 - 10.7 GB
  • 31 - Warlock's Tower - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 66 MB
  • 31 - Mowin' & Throwin' - House Pixel Games - $14.99 - 708 MB
  • 31 - PixARK - Snail Games USA - $39.99/€49.99 - 2.3 GB
  • 31 - Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa - PQube - $29.99/€24.99 - 918 MB *06/04 on NA*
  • 31 - Watermelon Party - Bigosaur - $4.99/€4.99 - 123 MB
  • 31 - Robot Squad Simulator - Ultimate Games - €14.99 - 3.5 GB
  • 31 - Selma and the Wisp - Ultimate Games - €9.99 - 499 MB
  • 31 - Crypt of the Serpent King - Rendercode Games - $2.99/€2.99 - 263 MB
  • 31 - Super Arcade Soccer - EnjoyUp Games - $6.99/€6.99 (Preorder sale: $4.89/€4.89) - 236 MB

- Japan
  • 30 - Wonder Boy in Monster Land - Arcade - M2/Sega - ¥999
  • 30 - Hopping Girl Jumping Kingdom - D-O - ¥1,296
  • 30 - Moujuutsukai to Oujisama: Flower & Snow - Idea Factory - ¥7,344
  • 30 - Bullet Battle Evolution - Troooze - ¥1,800
  • 30 - Macho de Pon! ZZ - Sting - ¥888

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I've started playing Dragon Dogma like many in this thread and I am suprised that I've actually liked it so far.
It is not exactly hard but it is demanding. Adapting your team to the different situations is challenging, but fun.

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of conflicted about Sky Gamblers Afterburner after playing a few missions.

It's a fun game and the planes and environments look really slick but there's lots of small issues preventing me from giving a wholehearted recommendation.

The game is still being supported - with a recent patch having come out earlier this month - so hopefully some of the other things can be addressed too:
  • Lack of gyro controls (accelerometer only just doesn't cut it for a flight game). Fully customizable button mapping would also be very welcome but I'd understand if that's too much to ask for.
  • UI and HUD are difficult to read in missions: text is small and a bit aliased and the turquoise color doesn't have sufficient contrast, so icons and text don't stand out as strongly as they should.
  • Experienced a few weird menu bugs where menus where rendered out of place (as if shifted from the center of the screen). These were brief and went away quickly but still odd nonetheless.
  • The menus don't explain certain options well enough and are confusingly laid out.
  • HD Rumble could really improve the experience and immersion. Hopefully it'll be implemented.
  • Some other mobile remnants that shouldn't be in the Switch version are still there, such as menus referring to a virtual dpad.
  • There's stuttering on occasion which is quite noticeable and unfortunate.

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I've started playing Dragon Dogma like many in this thread and I am suprised that I've actually liked it so far.
It is not exactly hard but it is demanding. Adapting your team to the different situations is challenging, but fun.
The thing really missing in DD for me is damage numbers. I don't really feel the progression happening when switching equipment and job classes and leveling up. I guess I'm doing better damage in Battle than I was 30 mins ago. But don't really know. It really lessens the impact of growth and progression for me.

I've taken a break from it for a while, but I'll probably jump back in this summer. (Or I'll give up on it altogether. Played about 10 hours)

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's still on sale (supposed to end today), but One Strike rules and it's a steal at 50 cents.

One hit kill samurai fighting game. Definitely got my money's worth out of it.