• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
After stupidly being stung buying games like Sword Art Online, Night in the Woods & Oxenfree last month (which I played for <2 hours each and deciding they weren't for me), my fortunes changed after buying Steamworld Quest. Fun little game and great to blast out in short intervals. This should occupy me until Pokemon at the end of next week.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
Hey guys is it known if BUBBLE BOBBLE 4 FRIENDS will also contain the original game or if at least there's a skin to play with pixel graphics? I swear to god they keep ruining these new games with awful 3D artstyles since BB Old & New on GBA's when the classic look is timeless and perfect... at least make it look good if you're so bent on going 2.5D! The food ain't remotely as delicious-looking compared to BB/BB2/RI/PS/BS! This series is so dear to my heart, it pains me so see it like this (BB Neo on Wii and then 360... ugh), to say nothing of its cover arts, not Mega Man levels but close enough. PLEASE give me back the old charming look or at least release the first (and all the sequels lol) on Switch too since ACA Bubble Bobble has never left the PS4 (like another of my favs, Escape\Westone's Wonder Boy, and that one too as got a bad looking 2.5d game on Switch while holding ransom to the ACA version as a PS4-JPN-only release since forever).

Yes, the first game (arcade version) is included in Bubble Bobble 4 Friends

VulcanRaven

alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Just an FYI

DO NOT buy Earthfall Alien Horde under any circumstances

it's awful, worst game I have purchased on switch, surpassing my previous least favorite- brawlout

wants to be a left 4 dead game and it's literally a clone minus the fact that the resolution and bluriness is terrible, effects like explosions and fire look hilariously awful, and it barely ever runs at a smooth 30fps

any time there are more than a few aliens on screen it's always stuttering

nevermind that the aiming feels off, campaign difficulty is unbalanced and it just feels really bad

now I'm stuck with 2 duds I have paid for but I won't even keep installed, it's that bad!

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Anyone play Hard West before? It's on sale for $2 (90% off). I love strategy games, but not really looking for one at the moment after coming off Fire Emblem. Still, the supernatural western atmosphere and XCOM-ish tactics is awfully tempting, especially for that price.
Been recommended here several times (and recently too). It's an absolute no-brainer must buy for that price for anyone even halfway into tactics games.

This is baffling to me. How long could this game possibly be?
Rule 1 of video games: File size has absolutely zero to do with how long a game is.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
It's not "by my logic" it's the actual definition of what a first party developer is:

In the video game industry, a first-party developer is part of a company which manufactures a video game console and develops exclusively for it. First-party developers may use the name of the company itself (such as Nintendo), have a specific division name (such as Sony's Polyphony Digital) or have been an independent studio before being acquired by the console manufacturer (such as Rare or Naughty Dog).

Luigis Mansion 3 which is developed by Next Level Games who as far as I am aware is not owned by Nintendo, their wiki page claims they are an independent developer.

The Studio is Second Party, but the game is First Party

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Good Feels' new exclusive Switch game (devs behind Yoshi's Crafted World, Kirby's Epic Yarn andYoshi's Woolly World) looks absolutely bonkers in the best way possibile.
Monkey Barrels

it's $14.99 and it also includes a side online pvp 2vs2 or 3vs3 -which will probably be dead on arrival lol but still- it and a beefy (so I heard) single player campaign with 22 stages and 98 weapons.

This and '88 back to back it's a bit much, Juicy Realm also looks good, hopefully they all sell well (if they deserve it)

Yes, the first game (arcade version) is included in Bubble Bobble 4 Friends

HELL YEAH
Damn that Strictly Limited Games edition looks sweet but...

...on the other hand that means there's probably isn't a Bubble Bobble Collection with the og titles plus Rainbow Island, Parasol Stars and Simphony in the works, is there? 😂😭

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
New EU (at least) deals

Torchlight 2 is 20% off (posted earlier)
Katana Zero is 33% off
Not a Hero is 50% off
Mother Russia Bleeds is 50% off
Hotline Miami Collection is 50% off (!)
Ape Out is 50% off (!!!!)

I guess the Devolver sale is both EU and NA

Oct 27, 2017
Havana, Cuba
And download size and game length isn't related. GRIS is around 3.9 GB with a playtime of about 3 hours, Mario+Rabbids is around 2.9 GB with a playtime of around 30 hours.
StarTropics, the game everyone is reminded of by The Touryst, is a whoping 512KB, and it's probably going to be longer than The Touryst. And Tetris is 32KB with a playtime of forevermore. It's baffling that people still think there's any relation between how many GBs a game is and how many hours you're going to play it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm ape out or katana zero?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm ape out or katana zero?
Katana Zero. Ape Out is alright, it has a fun gimmick, it's challenging, the music is great, the art is great - but it's pretty short, it can be pretty frustrating, and it never hits the highs that other games in it's genre do (like Hotline Miami or Mr. Shifty).

Katana Zero's story frustrated me (because it's one of these games that tries to be mysterious and interesting but ultimately it just lacks a cohesive story and rewarding ending - but it's still good enough I guess) but the game is fun as hell, and it looks great, too.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't even beat the demo of Apeout. So it's a pass for me. Thankfully, I'm trying to stop buying games just because they're on sale. Also avoiding RPGs besides Pokemon. Anyways, I just suck at Apeout.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh so LOTR The adventure card game released today on switch. I'm interested but I think I need some impressions and reviews first

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I know this isn't completely on topic but this seems like the Nintendo community on era so... are there any Japan exclusives worth picking up while I'm here? I nearly bought the Psikyo collection but it seems that is coming out here.

Another question - I know if you buy games on the Japan eshop and there is an English release that has the same SKU, then you somehow magically get the English language version. Does that apply to physical games too? There are some that I've seen that are released globally but are cheaper here, so I was thinking of picking them up.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Oh so LOTR The adventure card game released today on switch. I'm interested but I think I need some impressions and reviews first

I'm curious about this as well. I own the physical version and it is enjoyable, but it's a pretty involved game and getting it setup takes a lot of time, so I haven't really played it much. I'd welcome a nice digital version, but it completely depends on the business model, and how the game unlocks new cards for your decks.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm curious about this as well. I own the physical version and it is enjoyable, but it's a pretty involved game and getting it setup takes a lot of time, so I haven't really played it much. I'd welcome a nice digital version, but it completely depends on the business model, and how the game unlocks new cards for your decks.
It's a single purchase of $25 with no mtx(there may be more paid campaigns down the road, it comes with 2 and there's some encounters coming as free updates). But it is an adaptation not a direct conversion, so it plays pretty differently while keeping some core concepts

There's some reviews for the pc version, just haven't seen any for switch yet

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
Got about an hour in with the LOTR card game and I'm liking it quite a bit. Presentation is quite nice and game play is solid so far. I did notice that the game expects you to be online for unlocks and saves, which kinda sucks. The prompt did note that campaign process will be uploaded after connection is back up.

Apr 24, 2018
I was interested in just picking up Mark of the Ninja: Remastered and Slay the Spire last month, both of which I did wind up getting. But I also wound up getting a glut of other games, I hadn't planned on due to sales: Taiko no Tatsujin, Guacamelee 2, Splasher, Gunman Clive HD, Dandara, Anodyne (too cheap to ignore), Hyper Sentinel (too cheap to ignore), Kid Tripp (very cheap and enjoyed similar game).

Slay the Spire, Guacamelee 2, Mark of the Ninja, and Taiko no Tatsujin are games I've been really interested in for a while, and I've already dumped a ton of time into Slay the Spire. The other games I have no clue when I'll get around to...ugh.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get to it

This is my second time using the switch eshop
Putting things on wishlist usually requires you to pick a game and click add to wishlist.

To get to your wishlist, highlight your avatar in the top right hand corner of the screen, and it'll list several tabs on the side, with wishlist being one of them.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I know this isn't completely on topic but this seems like the Nintendo community on era so... are there any Japan exclusives worth picking up while I'm here? I nearly bought the Psikyo collection but it seems that is coming out here.

Another question - I know if you buy games on the Japan eshop and there is an English release that has the same SKU, then you somehow magically get the English language version. Does that apply to physical games too? There are some that I've seen that are released globally but are cheaper here, so I was thinking of picking them up.

I know if I was in Japan I'd definitely want a physical copy of the Capcom Belt Action Collection!

Not sure about the other question sorry, I know a lot of games (regardless of region) will just display in English if that is what your console is set to but it's really just a some do some don't type deal. My Japanese physical copy of I am Setsuna for example plays in English.

I found this website that could be of use:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
When is Sakuna coming out damnit! If it was releasing this winter I feel like we would have a release date by now.

Also, was there any hint that Capcom would be releasing the rest of the Onimusha games on Switch after Warlords?

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
What is the easiest way to add funds to a Japanese account? I love Groove Coaster but it seems like Taito has no intention of bringing it over to the US.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I know if I was in Japan I'd definitely want a physical copy of the Capcom Belt Action Collection!

Not sure about the other question sorry, I know a lot of games (regardless of region) will just display in English if that is what your console is set to but it's really just a some do some don't type deal. My Japanese physical copy of I am Setsuna for example plays in English.

I found this website that could be of use:

thanks, that link was super useful. I found AI: Somnium files and Dusk Divers physical second hand for quite a lot cheaper than they are back home, and it looks like they both have English. Also picked up Super Monkey Ball Re-balled or whatever its called, new, for really cheap, and the Konami baseball game.

I was hoping to get the Psikyo collections because they were quite cheap, until I realised they were in the section marked 'out of stock'...